Closer than you think || Nats...

Por ThePotat420

♤This is an idea that just popped in the back of my mind a year ago and since I cannot mod and I purely like... Más

Chapter 1: So it begins
Chapter 2: The Club
Chapter 3: The Pink Devil
Chapter 4: A poem, a snack and a near heart attack
Chapter 5: What did you say!?
Chapter 6: Next page.
Chapter 7: Talk with Monika
Chapter 8: Closet Chaos.
Chapter 9: New Trust
Chapter 10: The Truth
Chapter 11: Lost p.1
Chapter 12: Lost p.2
Chapter 13: Lavender in the mud
Chapter 14: Stop it!
Chapter 15: Ready? Set, Prep!
Chapter 16: Sweet, sweet regrets
Chapter 17: Keep me close
Chapter 18: The Festival p.1
Chapter 19: The Festival p.2
Chapter 20: Break me more
Chapter 21: Rebuild and Restore
Chapter 22: Sudden Warmth
Chapter 23: Simple but Risky
Chapter 24: A Man's Heart
Chapter 25: Passion before Pain
Chapter 26: Never Alone
Chapter 27: A Quest!
Chapter 28: Find your way
Chapter 29: Get with the times
Chapter 30: Found
Chapter 31: Roses
Chapter 32: Shattered
Chapter 33: What Matters
Chapter 34: Tampered Flow
Chapter 35: Lavender in my heart
Chapter 36: Old Wounds
Chapter 37: Antipathy
Chapter 38: Put you back together
Chapter 39: Piece by piece
Chapter 40: And never let go
Chapter 41: Home
Chapter 42: Midnight Brawl
Chapter 43: Consternation
Chapter 44: Take Heart
Chapter 45: Welcome Life
Chapter 46: Where we are and where we'll go
Epilogue
5K special

Promise

312 4 5
Por ThePotat420

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The events of this short story take place a while before the epilogue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsuki's POV

I sat at the living room couch as I watched the static on the, TV waiting for my show to come back on but with rising excitement boiling inside of me.

"Natsuki! I can't find the aux cable!"

"It's down here!"

Today is the night I spend the whole day at Evan's house but also get the whole place to myself, I get to do whatever and however I want because Evan's going to have a concert late at night because it's actually a big event.

I hear him running down the stairs which gets me to hop off the couch and head over.

"You got everything?"

"Yup. Lemme just grab the keys, hand me the cable will ya."

I comply and run back to retrieve his item from the coffee table as he called out to me again.

"Are you sure you're gonna be alright hun?"

"Of course I will, it's just one night."

We both meet up near the front door as I help him slip on his leather jacket.

"I know but I don't see why you want to stay home alone Nat.."

"Is it that hard to believe a girl wants some 'me time' for herself once in a while?"

I cross my arms as I jokingly pout at him but I did feel a bit offended at his distrust.

"It's not that- Why can't you just come with? It would be fun I promise."

"Yeah Evan, it's great to stand in a crowd full of complete strangers all by myself with no protection. And if not there, stand back stage where agents and sponsors try to flirt with me to try and one up you to make me feel like a toy. Sounds fucking fantastic."

"... Alright fair enough."

That...came out really sour that I had intended it to be but I can't deny that I was genuinely a bit mad at the thought he doesn't think I can take care of myself at home.

"Evan...look, this is a one time thing and it's not like I'll really be alone, I'll be talking to the girls over the phone most of the time and hog the ice cream bucket all for myself. Like you said you'll be back by 3 and I'll be asleep by then so what's the problem?"

I watch him stand there and let out a heavy sigh, he then nods before whipping his wrist to look at his watch.

"Yeah...yeah, you're right. Sorry, it's just still something new to me, I know your dad used to leave the house to you but..."

He stopped and shook his head before snatching his case from the ground and turn to face the door.

"Ah it's fine...just call me if something happens! I'll be-"

"HEY!" I yell immediately.

He stayed frozen at the door for a few seconds.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" I say while aggressively tapping my foot.

His shoulders drop and I hear a light chuckle from him until he turns back around and leans down for me.

Grabbing hold of his collar I lean in as well. We share a slow and tender kiss, one that makes my heart feel like it's going to explode any minute...

No matter how many times we do it...it just feels so amazing as if it were our first.

I felt his hand cup my cheek while I threw my arms over his shoulders as we eventually let our lips part but our faces barely stay inches away.

Now sharing a moment for us to look into each other's eyes, I take in the look of his beautiful golden eyes.

I just can't put my thoughts into words over how much I adore him...even though I can do that perfectly in my mind, my weird attitude never allows me to say it with a straight face...but he just...

He just knows what I'm thinking and it makes everything easier for me.

"You're gonna watch me on TV at least right?" He asked softly.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world...show those idiots what a good time is really like."

"Heh alright...I love you."

He finally pulls away and turns to leave again.

"I know~"

"Hmh~ God damn it.." He laughs as he leaves through the door while I proudly snicker right after.

Closing the door behind me I lean against it and slide down before placing my hand on my chest.

I smile when I feel my heart beat running a marathon....

It's only him...~

A few moments later I begin skipping off back to the living room to check the TV and sure enough the cable was still not back on.

I really didn't care that much for my show but I just hope it doesn't stay like this until Evan's concert...

Before getting comfortable I rush upstairs to get changed...

And by change I mean dive into Evan's closet and steal one of his hoodies for the night.

"Ooooo the red one is fluffy~"

His clothes are so big at times I don't even need to wear pants and it looks like tonight's the perfect occasion.

It's still winter but the house is always so toasty that I could never even notice the cold.

Now fully dressed with one thick hoodie I run back down the stairs and head to the kitchen to retrieve my holy grail.

Opening the freezer, a giant bucket of mint chip stares at me with all it's glory as I take it out and return to the living room.

With the laptop on the table and the TV still showing no signs of coming back I quickly text the girls in hopes of passing the time for the night.

They all started calling me one after the other like crazy so I just went ahead and started a group call.

Moni: Hey girls~!

Sayo: Heyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Mini: How's the rebellious stage goin' for ya shorty?

Nat: I barely started.

YuYu: Did Evan not speak against this before?

Nat: Oh boy, did he.

Nat: He was so paranoid this morning when I suggested it and started going on a rampage about excuses or reasons over why I shouldn't.

Nat: I swear he makes me feel like I'm a kid again and scarily acts like dad when he's like this.

Moni: Ahahaha~! But you do know WHY he does it right?

YuYu: It is all in goodwill Natsuki...he cares for you quite a lot and especially ever since you've been planning to move in together.

Mini: The guy has always been paranoid, you can't change that about him but he's also super cautious.

Sayo: And if you're here now that means he trusts you either way right?

Nat: I guess... It's not that I hate him for it but it does make me feel like I haven't grown at all-

Sayo: You know that's not true Natsuki.

After a short while of getting all sentimental we eventually shift the conversation into light small talk as I was already digging deep in my ice cream.

Moni: What about your job Nat? I heard you're opening the bakery next week!

Nat: Yeah actually, even though Evan helped me out with most of it I have to get through some paperwork on my own and it's sitting in my laptop staring back at me like a demon.

Sayo: Ehehehe~! Do you plan on getting through them tonight?

Nat: Probably, I know I'm just going to have the house to myself but I can't say it won't get boring if I plan to stay up late.

Mini: Will you?

Nat: Ask this fat bucket of ice cream on my lap.

Sayo: Whaaaaa?! Ice cream in the winter?

Nat: Who cares? Ice cream is ice cream, the weather doesn't matter. It's not like it's snowing yet either.

YuYu: Speaking of the weather...I took a look at the news and they said a thunderstorm is on it's way in the next hour..~

Moni: Oh yeah...what about Evan? Would that be safe for him?

Nat: I guess? His concert's indoors so it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Sayo: Awwww not a snow storm?

Mini: Sayori everything is fine until the word 'Strom' is in there. You know that right?

Nat: You don't wanna start this talk in here. Sayori's a difference math problem to understand.

Sayo: Heeyyyyy! I'm not-.... Yeah?!....Okay!

Sayori moves away from her phone and starts calling out to someone else, presumably Misha.

Sayo: Sorry girls. I gotta goooooo~

Moni: It's alright Sayori. We were heading off in a bit too.

Mini: Yeah. Don't pull a Sayori and burn down the house Natsuki.

Sayo: SHUT UPPPP!

Nat: Don't worry about it~

YuYu: Please take care Natsuki.

Nat: I will.

Moni: By the way, all of us will be watching Evan's concert too.

Nat: Good to know.

Once we were done with that I drop my phone onto the couch and turn on my laptop while vacuuming the ice cream as much as I could.

The TV suddenly popped off the static and I immediately flipped through the channels once it did.

I was losing hope before and thought I'd watch his concert on my phone but I guess not now.

There's only a few more minutes left until he starts so I decided to shoot him a text before he does.

Nat: Hey dummy, here's another good luck and a little heads up. There's going to be a huge storm out soon so be careful when you get home, love you.

Evan 💛: So I've heard. I'll be alright Princess, remember to give me a call if somethings up <3

After that I grab my laptop off the table and rest it on my lap with my legs crossed.

Challenging myself I decided to get at least half of the paper work done until the night's over and begin typing away.

Half an hour passed and I looked up at the TV to see the screen showing a top view of the theater with Evan running up on stage.

With a smile now plastered onto my face my eyes remain glued onto the TV completely forgetting what I was doing a few seconds ago.

Looking at him now really just shows that he's a man of promise and true to his word.

He wanted to pursue this career because it was something he loved no matter how big the pressure...but he held back because he thought of me.

When he helped me open up my cafe he kept offering to help run it instead of me trying to hiring people but even he knew that if a celebrity started working at a place like that it would get alot of attention and I didn't want that...

I want people to grow in numbers through my own efforts and not by my boyfriend.

"Woah..!"

I heard a sudden rumble outside as I lean back and look at the nearest window.

Sure enough the storms almost on my head....I just hope it doesn't disrupt the connection here, I already ran out of data and we don't have back up for the wifi-

*BOOM*

"HOLY-" I scream and jump off the couch as a deafening explosion went off outside.

Immediately after the lights flicker and immediately short out.

"No no no no!" I jump and unplug my laptop from charging in a worry that the cable might burn.

Nothing but pitch black darkness surrounded me as I grab my phone and turn on the flashlight to look around the room...

I just had to jinx myself huh...- I'll just call Evan ask him how to work the breaker and...

...No, he's already started with his concert so I doubt he's going to pick up...wait does that mean the power is out there too?

The theater is like on the other end of the city and this lightning strike couldn't have blown out everything that far...

"Damn it..."

I carefully walk around the room and start switching off a few unnecessary lights but keep at least one in the room on to know when the power is back.

I make my way over to the kitchen and check everything before walking back out.

"Ow!"

I immediately slam my toe against one of the steps of the stairs leading up.

Even with a light on I couldn't protect myself from my own lack of focus.

Hearing it start to pour outside I head over to the nearest window and look outside. The window itself looked like I was standing infront of a waterfall.

Suddenly I hear a loud thud from the other end of the house.

"...h-huh..?" I begin tip toeing my way back into the kitchen when I heard it a second time.

I grabbed a kitchen knife off the counter and went deeper into the house to find the source.

I went to the living room and found nothing, then checked the guest rooms with the same results.

The sound had stopped so couldn't really pin point where it was even coming from.

Assuming something has fallen off of one of the shelves in the darkness I leave it be and head back out.

"AH!!"

A loud crash that sounded like it came from the kitchen made me scream as I made a run for it upstairs.

I dropped the knife along the way and completely forgot about it.

I ran inside our room locked the door shut. The moment of panic had sitting on the floor hyperventilating while the rain outside crashed against the window.

I scurried over to the bed when I heard more rummaging downstairs.

Someone's actually in the house...I-

I have to call for help..

I try my phone for the police but the line is dead-

"What...?! No no no!"

I then try calling for the others and Evan over and over again but with the same results. I have no service in here!

I can't make a run for it to Sayori's house, she's staying at Misha's tonight..

"AHHHH!!" A lightning strike made me jump and slide under the covers like a complete child.

I can't....I can't even be trusted alone in the house...he was right...

He was right to be worried about me... I'm pathetic...I'm a coward- I'm

I had my ears covered with my head slid under the pillow as I tried to block out every noise around me. I don't know when or how but I found myself losing myself.

Darkness clouding my vision as everything comes to an abrupt stop.

A while later I found myself slowly waking up from an unknown tiredness...

"Mmhhh..." I rubbed my face as I emerged from under the covers.

Everything clicked almost immediately as I remember why I was even up here.

Through the darkness I tried looking for my phone. Once I found it I checked the time and saw it was still just midnight...

I slip out of bed and stare at the door to the room.

It feels so stupid to even think about how quick it all happened and how quick I ran away...

I was never like this... I don't like scary things either but this...it just felt wounding...

I muster up the courage to unlock the door and barge outside. Standing at the top of the stairs I try to listen for any sounds..

"Who's down there?!" I screamed.

"I don't care who the hell you are but if you're still here I've already called the police!"

I blurted out that lie just to get a hint of fear out of whoever's down there.

Suddenly as if a miracle the lights come back on and I take this as a chance to make a move..

Rushing down the stairs I look around the rooms and locate the knife on the floor and grab it.

Heading into the living room I flicked on every light on the way and heard the TV remote fall.

This made me jump into the room immediately.

"Ha!- WOAH!"

Something in full blacked dashed from near my feet and out into the hall way.

"There's no way..."

I said to myself in disbelief as I rush out into the hall as well only to hear a hiss and as soon as I saw what it was I was met with the black cat angrily staring at me with it's back fur standing.

It immediately ran for me and jumped at my face.

In fear and trying to avoid it I fell back and closed my eyes...but nothing happened...

I open one eye to see the car right in my face but it was up to my eye level..

Upon checking my surroundings I saw a pair of arms wrapped around it's belly with a figure towering behind it.

"E-evan?!" I yelled as he leaned away.

He stepped away and let the cat go through the open front door from which he himself came from.

He then rushed back to me with worried eyes as he knelt down to my level.

"Nat! What happened?! You're eyes are so red, are you okay...!?"

The pure concern in his voice made me break down again but I didn't weep.

I just lowered my head and let the tears run.

"It's nothing....I was just..- I-I was just being an idiot..."

"Hey hey hey hey... Why are you crying..? It's not 'nothing' to me Natsuki. Come on."

He brought me up to my feet and took my hand then brought me to the kitchen.

"Here." He handed me a glass of water.

"Just relax...and tell me what happened. I have no idea but I'm not going to be mad nor sad or worried until you're done. Just take your time..."

You really can't feel any stress around this guy... he's just so understanding and always knows how to make you comfortable whenever you're down or panicking...

I do try to calm myself and wipe away my tears and as I do I notice something in the corner of my eye.

A wide open window which I now remember was left open by me. I was watching the rain and must have left it like that...

Now I know where that cat got in from...

I sigh to myself and chug the water.

"I just....the one night I was left alone, I got paranoid and got scared of every little thing happening around me...the storm, the tiniest noise that mainly was just a cat...hell I got so scared I passed out in our bedroom for an hour. I thought that I'd grow up even a tad bit...get used to things like this and just be a new person...but I'm not."

I tightly grip the glass as I continue. Evan remained silent and listened as he said he would.

"So yeah...you were right to be worried about me being alone. I shouldn't have said anything to you when you knew I couldn't handle it and- I'm sorry...I just don't get why you still put up with me anymore. I say the most horrible things to you at times, even when you do know I don't mean it...I still feel terrible for saying it...so why do you-...why do you care for someone who can't be honest with you...?"

After those final words I close my eyes and wait, after saying such things he usually goes on a streak of worry of his own...telling me that I shouldn't say stuff like...

But nothing comes my way.

After a few more seconds of waiting I look up at him to see him twirling his finger over the rim of my glass. He was staring at me very intently as if reading me....or rather reading my words.

But then he immediately snapped back to reality and spoke.

"Do you remember what you wore, years ago when we talked on the roof at the festival...?"

"H-huh..? What does...- Our uniforms..?"

"Good. Do you remember what we said to each other?"

What is he doing...?

"W-we...said that we liked each other."

"Mhm. And you told me why you liked me in the first place."

"Yeah..."

"But did I?"

When he said this I actually had to sit back and think to myself. Back then we did confess to each other, I don't recall the details...but I do remember my half of the confession..

"No...?"

When I said this Evan pulled away from the table then walked around it to reach me.

He took both my hands and looked into my eyes.

"Do you want to know why I fell in love with you?"

Hearing this nearly made my heart stop as my face bursted into a hint of red. I don't know why...we're literally dating and he says flirty stuff all the time so why is this so strong..?

I gently nod with my eyes still wide open.

"Heh...When I first met you properly I saw an annoying brat who looked like she'll chew me up if I said hi to her."

"Wow thanks babe-"

"But then I actually started talking to you. Learned more about you and scarily more in depth about what actually was your story, I saw you in a completely different way. With my popularity back then girls were fish being lured with ease and I hated myself to be pictured that way to people. But you....you were so different. However that's not the reason..."

He sat down on the chair next to me, still gripping my hands tightly.

"When I actually got to be your friend I started to see the pattern....

You weren't the real you...

A girl who was so strong willed and defensive it was admirable. A girl who never let anyone see herself as cutesy frail doll, a girl who chose to bark before piping down or cry. Even when she had bullies or enemies she was ready to beat them down before letting them see her weakness...that girl was just a shield.

You had been strong for so long you complete clouded who you really were. A sweet and caring person who would go beyond boundaries for the people she cared about. Granted even with that you were a strong person...when I had to face my problems I'd cower and let my emotions pilot me.. and shut me out. But you...you were the light that I needed to break through it all.

I fell in love with you because you saved me...you completed me and as thanks for being so strong I had to make you feel safe too. You'd been strong for too long and it was time you take it down a notch...what's happening right now isn't you being weak, it's you just finally becoming used to feeling safe in a place that you live in, you don't have to act anymore and you don't need to bite anymore."

My jaw was left dropped and suspended as he finished. I felt his hand reach up to my cheek and cup it.

"I could go on and on about why having fear isn't a bad thing but then I'd just be boring you. Just remember that nothing from then and now has changed who you are and that's a good thing, you didn't change...you were freed."

Evan's POV

Natsuki just stared at me with an open mouth and for quite a while. I guess she's just too tired to rea-

"Hmng!"

She immediately jumped forward like a viper and kissed me.

Her arms locked themselves around my neck as I struggled to take the time to process what's happening before automatically melting into the moment.

After a few good seconds she pulled away in a light gasp.

"You're so fucking weird..." She whispered.

"Only for the best..."

She scoffed and climbed onto me, wrapping her legs around my waist and hung her arms over my shoulders.

"By the way...what are you doing back here? I thought you said the concert ends at 3."

I tilt my head and raise my eyebrow.

"You serious?"

"What?"

"Natsuki I had 6 missed calls from you when I went off stage for a break. I didn't care about the show when you weren't picking back up."

She sort of face palmed and whimpered.

"God damn it...I'm so sorry- wait why did- You just left thousands of people in a theater!? Aren't they waiting for you!?"

"Nah I got a back up for when I decide to ditch gigs for the night."

I slowly pick her off my lap and set her down on the table.

I step between her legs and hold her hips as I think of something.

"Buuuut~ I can go back now. If! You still wanna come with me~"

"Huh-?! I can't just..." She suddenly freezes and thinks to herself before letting out a light chuckle.

"Yeah...I think I just need to be around people right now."

I kiss her nose then step back.

"Alright, go get changed then. The rain did let up but it's cold as shit out there.."

"Alright...do I need to wear something specific for this?"

"Nah go crazy."

She skips over to the stairs but then I recall something.

"Hey! But don't get too funky...you're still going to be out there where there are a bunch of random guys. You are NOT going to wear anything super revealing or over the top, no skirts either, understood?"

"Mmhh~ I love it when you get super bossy..."

"Just shut up and get changed!! God!"

"Hehehe..~"

With my face in my hand I head to the living room while she just laughs and heads upstairs.

Shaking off the blush on my face I start cleaning up the room which I assume the cat made a mess of and totally not Natsuki.

Through the clean up I found a completely empty ice cream bucket with both surprised and concerned me seeing as how it's wiped clean.

After a while I sit down at the couch and wait for her. Thinking to myself about what's going to happen next...and if I'm actually ready or not..

There's still alot of time for the concert and on the other hand Natsuki has had one horrible time at home, I don't want her to feel any more uncomfortable there with me but once it's over it'll all be worth it.

"It's time..." I whisper to myself as I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

"You ready?"

"Yup~!"

Natsuki hopped off the final step in skin tight black pants and a white glittery shirt.

"You think that's warm enough?"

"I'm gonna were my jacket anyway dummy."

"Heh alright, now come on."

We head to the door after Natsuki thoroughly switches off every light in the house then slips her coat off the rack.

The car ride back to the show was fairly quiet but it was an enjoyable silence.

I enjoyed my time watching Natsuki happily hum to herself while listening to the radio and letting the smell of the rain blow through a quarter rolled down window.

Once we reached to the place I locked the car up and had a little chat with Natsuki.

"Alright now I know you don't really like much attention being drawn to yourself but you'll be a vip booth near the stage."

"Wha?! Isn't that like an obvious place?"

"I'm not going to have you just stand there in the crowd when I'm not there and I'm sure as shit not letting you stand back stage after what you told me tonight."

Natsuki just sat there and grumbled with her cheeks puffing up.

"Come on, no one's going to bother you, hell there's even going to be security to make sure of that."

"Okay okay! Fine!..."

Natsuki then rummages with the door handle and I unlock the car again.

The two of us step out and head to our next goal, hand in hand.

Even though Natsuki says she doesn't want much attention drawn to herself...she does care about our status in public.

She will make it brutally obvious that were dating or rather that... 'I'm her's'... so to avoid any misunderstandings or insulting remarks.

But I hate that I had to lie to her in the car...

NA

As the two finally part ways with Natsuki being directed towards her booth.

Once she got to her directed location through the crowds she was met with two guards who are more likely indoor bouncers.

"Name?"

One of them asked her with a rumbling voice.

"U-uhh... Natsuki Gushiken."

He tilted his head and pressed his ear piece.

"She's at the booth sir."

She was let in through the short dividers by the two guards, all the while she wondered if this type of security is too much.

Even though this vip section was a little packed it wasn't filled with ruffians or strangers who bothered her so she got comfortable quick.

The moment she got comfortable through the blaring music it suddenly came to a stop.

After a blast of colorful lighting Evan ran up on stage with an uproar of cheers in his wake.

"Who's up for round 2?!" He yelled and thus marked the continuation of the concert.

Through out the deafening music and vibrations Natsuki stayed unmoved with a smile on her face.

She was more so hypnotized by Evan enjoying himself which in turn made her feel at bliss.

Time went by like a breeze for her as she forgot about everything that happened to her back home for there was no unnerving silence or threat to ruin her time.

Until hours later she was shaken up by someone standing next to her with a drink.

"You tipsy or something...?" I random girl spoke to Natsuki which snapped her out of it.

"H-huh?! Oh...no I don't really drink much."

"Heh I got that. Just wondering how you're the only one here who's not going caveman like everyone else."

She yelled through the music and waved her hand around herself to display the public going crazy over the music and having the time of their lives.

"Oh.. I'm-"

"Heh having dreams about E.M.F? That's kinda adventurous of you but I admire it."

Internally Natsuki rolled her eyes but chose to not let this person know, she felt it was too much effort for nothing.

"Heh...I thought about that alot."

"Well I don't blame ya, it's obvious alot of girls are just ga ga over him but don't really care much for his feelings."

"Heh...ain't that the truth."

"What?"

"I said you're right!"

They laughed as they continued to yell/talk through the music, still watching Evan as they spoke.

"But hey, it's not like they're like that. Sorry if I'm crushing any hopes but he already has a girlfriend."

"Uh huh-"

"And from what I know is that she's an amazing person."

Natsuki was taken aback at this remark as she was expecting slander or lies about how she's viewed to the public.

"I don't really know her name because E.M.F really did his best to keep everything private with her, it goes to show how much she means to him so that counts for something I guess."

She emptied her drink and let it drop to the floor out of laziness.

"Heh...wish I had someone like him-"

"H-hey you'll find someone for sure. You're nice to talk to at least uhhh..."

"Emi...just call me Emi."

"Right...I'm Natsuki."

"Nice to meet ya. Though with how lonely you looked before I came by I wonder why you really showed up all alone and on VIP too sweet."

"Heh...call me a hardcore fan."

"Hahaha!"

As the two went silent again so did the music.

The song had come to an end but the lightshow had calmed down as well.

Evan stepped away from his system and walked around it and up to the edge of the stage.

People also calmed down with it but some fans kept trying to reach for his feet as he stepped forward.

Natsuki and Emi stood there curiously wondering what he's doing.

"This night has been amazing. You people have been an absolutely awesome crowd and I thank you all for coming out."

An applause followed by loud cheers responded to him. Once it subsided he continued.

"But before I end this night with you guys I have a little message....a message to certain someone out there in the crowd-"

"Oh no..." Natsuki whispered to herself.

"It's someone who's been with me throughout my entire new life. She basically is my life at this point, my amazing girlfriend and a person who's been by my side to the near brink of death.."

There were a few gasps in the crowd as of course not many people knew what he was talking about.

Natsuki however was now more worried and curious as she stared at the man alone on stage.

"What she is to me today....it's not enough."

Her heart almost dropped after hearing those words as Emi took notice to her strange behavior but said nothing.

Worried about what he would say next both her and the crowd remained silent.

"...I want to to be something more."

Her eyes widen as one thought in mind exploded rather than clicked.

"Being my girlfriend is just the start to a promise we made...there's just one more step left to complete and fulfill that promise."

He then clapped his hands over the mic and then stared into the crowd. His eyes spotted Natsuki immediately.

"So...to get to the point."

Natsuki began breathing heavily and before Emi could say anything about it.

"Natsuki Gushiken. Will you marry me?"

Sayori's POV

"OH MY GOD!!"

"YOOOOO!!"

Monika's POV

"Well that's one way to do it hmhmhm~"

"Wait when did she get there-.."

Minori's POV

"HOLY SHIT!"

"LET'S GO BOSS~!!"

NA

Loud whistles and screams were heard all around the theater but Natsuki remained frozen with both shock and excitement.

"W-wait! You're her?!" Emi yelled but Natsuki completely ignored her words.

Grabbing the railing of the dividers to the VIP section Natsuki leaned forward with tears.

"YYYYEEEESSSSSSS!!"

Her scream was loud enough to quiet everyone down for a mere second before they all cheer again.

Evan displayed his relief and excitement by stomping and half jumping on the stage in a show of success while everyone around Natsuki applauded and congratulated her.

But Emi suddenly took it a step further.

"Well?!"

"Well...what?" Natsuki asked.

"Go to him already!!"

Once she said this Natsuki turned to Evan again but then looked at the crowd in a worry.

But she was immediately given reassurance by the two guards who offered her to step out.

As she did the crowd ahead half stepped aside, making a path for her.

At that moment she had no care for who was there around her or behind.

All she could see was a road ahead and him at the end.

Natsuki clenched her fists and bolted out of the booth as she ran with all her might and reached the stage.

Once she reached the base of the stage a few people went in and grabbed her off the ground to help her up onto the stage.

Evan knelt down and dropped the mic to help her up but once she did get up she lunged forward and latched onto him causing them to fall back.

On the floor of the stage Natsuki held onto him for dear life and sobbed onto his chest.

"Y-you...! You idiot!! When did you...- How! I..."

"I planned this for years actually...I just needed to give you time until I could actually say it.."

"God...oh my God...this...this isn't a dream-"

Evan slowly lifted her off himself as she sat on his lap on the floor. Sharing another slow kiss for the day they were met with another uproar of cheers from the crowd but to Natsuki it was as if they didn't exist.

Finally when they pulled away Evan chuckled.

"Heh...come on princess, you didn't even let me pull out the main surprise.."

"Huh..?"

Natsuki got off of him and stood up as Evan rose to his feet but not entirely.

Staying on his knees he reached into his pocket and revealed a small black clothed box as he brought it up.

"And don't worry. It's no bracelet this time..."

"Hehehe...shut up!" Natsuki giggled through her tears.

Revealing a pink gem first which was the head of the ring. Evan slipped out and requested her hand as he raised his own to her.

Without hesitation but still a shaky hand Natsuki rested her hand over his and watched her new life seal it's promise onto her ring finger.

Evan stood up and quickly went in for a tight embrace. Natsuki buried her face in his chest with her arms locked around his waist.

Perfectly in the way they always hugged, the same position they felt the most safe with each other.

The crowd had subsided to a more civil behavior as loud claps filled the air with every camera and spot light  turned to the stage.

"I love you..."

"I love you too Natsuki."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hoo! I ain't got a fucking clue on why I did this but I had so much fun so I'm glad I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.1K 74 8
Old description: This story is about two girls first meet each other at school and surprising, one of the girls can't communicate well. So it's up to...
905 40 11
*PLEASE READ THIS!!! DEAR GOD THIS WON'T MAKE SENSE IF YOU DON'T!!* This is the second book in the "DDLC: A New Ending" series, link to the first in...
118K 2.1K 22
First off, hi! Thanks for reading! Secondly, this story is about Doki Doki Literature Club! What happens when {Y/N} hacks his way into the game, and...
38.9K 696 60
A book with oneshots and scenarios regarding the characters from Doki Doki Literature Club (shockingly) * * * DDLC belongs to Team Salvato, which yo...