The Elf King, Gabriella:Rise...

By Sheeeri123

The familiar characters and some background information,are,of course, Tolkien.The new are my own creation,a... More

Chapter 1:Change Is Coming
Chapter 2-In The Arms Of An Angel
Chapter 3-A Dangerous Thing
Chapter 5-Leap of Faith
Chapter 6-The Kings Persuasion
Chapter7-Defiance
Chapter 8-A Deadly Kiss
Chapter 9-As My King Commands
Chapter 10-The Dark Prince
Chapter 11-Confessions and Revelations
Chapter 12-Vanishing
Chapter 13-Black Mountain
Chapter 14-Vengance
Chapter 15-Visayas
Chapter 16-The One
Chapter 17-A King Only Bows To His Queen
Chapter 18-Darling Little One
Chapter 19-I Am Yours,You Are Mine
Chapter 20-Story Time
Chapter 21-Im The What???
Chapter 22-Ive Put A Spell On You
Chapter 23-The Son Of Ironfoot
Chapter 24-Dreams Realized
Book 2

Chapter 4-A Kings Wrath

74 3 2
By Sheeeri123

Until you spread your wings,
you will have no idea how far you can fly.-Unknown

Everything was delicious, roasted meats,of what I really wasn't sure,(quail maybe?) although they ate little of it, preferring the delectable assortment of vegetable dishes and breads.They
drank ALOT of wine,but it seemed to have little,or no effect on them,as the conversation just flowed effortlessly.

I,on the other hand,rarely drink,and was feeling slightly woozie.It was amazing!

"When she ended the wretched life of the Orc who had Tauriel-father," Legolas clasped his hand on the kings shoulder,-it was a sight to behold."

"I felt surely to be slain."Tauriel agreed, glancing at me with admiration"-then I saw her,like a bird,soaring through the air."

I felt my checks flush.

She has fooled my family,but not I.
She plays innocent and demure quite well.

"-plunging both swords in his heart." Legolas continued,staring at me with wonder.

"No,you guys are amazing."I said,trying to divert the attention from myself,"The way you work a bow? I've never seen anything like it."I said,glancing at the king with a warm smile,"Tauriel shot right next to my ear,so fast I barely saw it.Right between that Orcs eyes.Deadly accurate."

I usually found idle chatter and social situations exhausting,but i was really enjoying myself.And i NEVER talk this much.

"I owe you my life,"she said, clasping the hand I had on the table,"-for this,and your friendship,I am most appreciative."

We're....friends?

"I as well"Legolas reiterated,raising his
glass.

"To friendship."I said,raising mine, astonished by the fact,and tipsy now.

The king raised his,watching us with a hint of amusement.

"Na gwent!" they both said.

"Na gw-what?"I asked, perplexed.

"Na g-went."Tauriel pronounced slowly.

"Na gwent."I echoed,my lips exaggerating the syllables.

We all burst into laughter,even the king suppressed a laugh.

She is good.

"I've never quite tasted wine like this."I said to the king,"Is it elfen as well?"

"How charming you are."he said,turning those sensuous eyes my way,"Yes,I believe that is a hundred year elevage."

Again Legolas and Tauriel exchange looks nervously,as they have throughout the meal.

This was not lost on the king.

"Legolas,Captain,you may leave us now." the king said "-i wish to speak to Lady Gabriella privately."

Another exchanged look,then slight hesitation,but they stood, gave a curt bow,and took their leave of us.

What is that?What am I not seeing?

For some reason,I felt.... apprehensive.

" Come."he said,offering his arm again, "Let us take a stroll in the gardens.There is much I should think you would enjoy."

He was so pleasant,so inviting.

"Sounds wonderful."I returned, nervously taking his offered arm,trying to understand what I'd seen.

We walked a few moments in silence,as I took it all in.I felt overwhelmed by all of it,the elves,the beauty,and this king.

"Thank you,for this lovely day."

"It is our privilege to have you with us,Gabriella."

His voice.So captivating and
comforting.It was..ethereal.

"All of you have been so gracious."

"My son and the captain seem quite fond of you."

"I'm fond of them."I confessed.

"Your congeniality draws others to you,my lady."

It does???

Again he was searching my eyes,the way I do a opponent.

What is this?What's happening right now?

"Surely you must know that."

"If you say so."

"You must have many friends,"he said,glancing my way,"-suitors, perhaps?"

I didn't like the direction this
conversation was taking.

"Not really."

"The soul has no secret the eyes do not reveal.Yours,my lady,wish to tell me much."

Tell me.You will tell me why you're here!

"I've always been told I have a old soul." I tried to quip,falling short.

I always joke when I'm uncomfortable.

"And what of your family?"

"My family?"

"Is it costumary they should let females travel, unattended?"

Wow.He certainly asks alot of questions.I can't really get into that!He will see right through me!

"I'm a big girl,I can take care of myself."

❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️

We found ourselves back in the throne room,smiling,as we approached the awaiting Legolas and Tauriel,who seemed more than a little astonished by this.

I don't know them,or their family dynamic,but these reactions just seemed...off.

"Ah.We have found them."the king crooned happily,smiling at them both, then back at me,"How spent you must be.Have arrangements been made for our guest?"he said,turning to a guard.

"As you commanded,my king."

"Arrangements?"I said, confused.

Oh no.

I immediately went on full alert.

"It was my honor."his gentle smile more of a veiled smirk now.

"That's very gracious of you,my Lord. But I'm afraid I need to be on my way."

"What?No.I simply won't hear of it."he returned,stepping away and slowly ascending the stairs to his throne.His tone had developed a edge,"You've only just awoken from near death."he said, with a slightly raised brow.

What's happening here?That seemed to have a hint of..... insincerity?Insinuation?

"I am fine,your majesty.I assure you.I must return to my homeland."

His whole demeanor changed,like flipping a switch.

"Your homeland.Where precisely is this - homeland?"

"My home?"I repeated,buying time.

"You do have one,do you not?"

"Far away,I'm afraid."

"I see."

The king gave a slight nod,and his guards all stepped forward,even Tauriel.

"Father.Stop this."Legolas pleaded
quietly.

"What is this?" I said,guard completely up now.

"There are games afoot,Legolas."

"Games?" I echoed,getting angry for the
way he played me.

"You appear,LADY GABRIELLA, out of,what seems,nowhere."the kings eyes, scrutinizing and hard, "-dropped from the sky?"

His controlled voice heavy with sarcasm.

"I never said that." I returned, trying to assess this new situation I found myself in.

"No,you omit."he returned,"Take care, sorceress,for I deem any omission a lie."

"Sorceress?"I echoed,my own temper growing,eyes angry slits,"-im leaving NOW."

"Who sent you!"

"No one sent me!"

The guards took arms,all swords pointed at me,even Tauriel.

"Get out of my way!"I growled in a low, deadly tone to the guard standing  in
front of me.

"Legolas!"Tauriel whispered in a urgent plea.

"Are you threatening me?"I seethed, glaring up at the king, "-you certainly do run hot and cold,don't you?"

"Choose your words carefully,my lady." the king said venomously.

"She has done nothing but aide us, father."

"A roose,my son.Such is the way of sorcerer's,or perhaps,"he said, looking back at me,"-witches."

I laughed harshly out loud. Probably not the appropriate time,but this was RIDICULOUS!

"Are you serious right now?A sorceress?A witch?"

"You find this amusing?"he began, "You claim to be human, absurd,"he continues, "Your elfen ears,the eyes, hair, even your complexion."

"You make assumptions,my Lord."

"Silence!" he commanded,"The rate for which you heal isn't human."

I just glared at him,and prepared myself.

There is no reasoning with him.He's already made up his mind.

"The clothing you wore.Your strange dialect.I am wise to the ways of sorcerer's.Their manipulation,and deception."

"Am I allowed to speak now?"I returned with a heavily sarcastic tone,raising a brow.

He waved his hand,as if my words had little consequence.

"Let us hear your truth, sorceress."he said,with a smug, satisfied smile,"Your fate depends on it."

"My truth."I scowled up at him, sitting on that throne,judging me, "-you don't want the truth.You want your paranoid assumptions validated."

"Gabriella!"Legolas gasped, stepping into the kill circle surrounding me,"No!"

Oh no.

"Legolas,step away." I cautioned.

"No!"Tauriel gasped,lowering her bow,her eyes desperately pleading with the king,with Legolas.

"Father,"Legolas began,"consider your actions."

The king stood,now obviously concerned for his son's welfare.

"Legolas-"the kings facade softened,if only for a split second.

Then his glare at me became deadly.

I have to stop this.

"You accuse me of being deceptive, manipulative,"I began,stalling,placing my hand on Legolas's shoulder,to further the kings distraction,as I thought of a way out,"-yet you were the one that brought me here, welcomed me with open arms."

"Remove your hand from my son."his tone dangerously threatening now,"-at once."

He was descending the throne,slowly, lethaly.He was formidable in every way,I had no doubt in my mind about that.

"Gabriella,don't."Tauriel warned,her arrow trained on me now,"Please."

I had to let them take me.

"Stop this."the king commanded,"You
are out of options."

I'm never out of options.

"You've left me with none,my Lord."I feigned agreement.

"Take her to the dungeons."he commanded,eyeing me, again, suspiciously.

"Father,no!"Legolas shouted.

"It's okay,Legolas."I said calmly.

The guards stepped forward,one tried to grab my arm,and I yanked free.

"Don't put your hands on me."I spat.

He drew his sword.

"Stop!At once!"Legolas ordered.

"Unhand her,"the king commanded,"-if she goes without incident."

How generous of you.

There were four in front of me,four behind.

"We shall speak soon, Gabriella."the king said,quite satisfied with himself,as they lead me away.

Don't count on it.

Tauriel looked at me with such sympathy.

Legolas argued with his father.

And I waited for the perfect opportunity.

❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️

"My Lord!The sorceress...jumped!In the river!She has escaped!"

The king stood,livid.

"Find her!"the kings voice boomed.

I took a deep breath,and went back under the water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863 73 14
Thirty years after the events of The Hobbit, Legolas heeds his father's words to go north and find a wanderer named Strider. However, his search for...
5.2K 175 15
In the wake of a dark and grimy cell of Mirkwood, you find yourself in a sticky situation. You are [Y/n], the last daughter of Izalith, the Witch of...
479K 25.8K 52
[A Wattpad FEATURED story!] She's been King Thranduil's close friend for a long time. But when a shocking rumor about his past comes to light, it sha...
86 11 7
S Y N O P S I S Dalaya Auclair, or Daya, is a simple girl in Paris, struggling to make ends meet. She works as a waitress in a small café shop, her b...