Second Chances

By amdnjsh

Victoria Patten dies and wakes up in the body of a newly turned Vicki Donovan. Having seen Vampire Diaries, s... More

Prologue
Lost Girls
Haunted
Haunted Part 2
The truth
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Points
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighborhood
Let the Right One in
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Gloria
Isobel
Founders Day
New cover!!
Second Chances Part II
The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Soulmate Series
Marcellus
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
By the Light of the Moon
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Dream State
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
Second Chances Part III
Purely Platonic
The Ripper of Nashville
The Birthday
The Hybrid
The End of The Affair
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Numb
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out The Dead
Family Business
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
The Murder Of One
Father Daughter Bonding
Marry Me
Magic From Afar
The Witchy Professor
A View To Kill
The End
Sequel + next books!

Children of the Damned

17.8K 653 32
By amdnjsh

Vicki's POV

Damon practically kidnapped me from my house and brought me to his. It's way too damn early for this.

I had to throw on a random outfit and I brought makeup so that I can get ready at his house for today.

We are now in Stefan's room waiting for him and Elena to wake up. Creepy if you ask me.

"Rise and shine sleepyheads." They notice us and jump. Stefan covers Elena with the sheet. I roll my eyes. She's like fully clothed.

"Damon please!" "What are you doing?" They say at the same time.

"Oh stop being smutty." He smirks, as do I.

"Seriously, get out of here!" Stefan exlaimes.

I move from my position at the door and make myself known. "If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it." Man I've always liked that line, he can be funny when he wants to be.

Damon turns his head to smirk at me then looks back at the couple. "We have some very important business to discuss."

"And it has to be right now?" Elena says unimpressed.

"We'll we have lots to do, now that we're all friends and working toward a common goal." He stands up. "So, in order to open the tomb, we need to find the journal to get the grimoire to undo the spell. First things first- Since you are Elena Gilbert, you're on journal duty."

"Since when am I helping?"

"We'll, Stefans helping, and you've taken up residence in Stefan's bed, ergo..."

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to do."

She sighs. "I'll look for it tonight."

"Good."

"How do we know that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire? We're really going to take the word of this vampire?"

"In lieu of any other options."

"Okay, what exactly is a grimoire, anyways?"

"It's like a cookbook for witches. Every spell that we cast, we write it down and compile them all into a book." She gives me a look. "What? I'm a witch."

I roll my eyes and start to leave. "I'll be in your room getting ready." I say to Damon. He nods.

I walk into his bathroom and start to put my makeup on. When I'm putting my hair into a low bun, he walks in with a smirk. I look at him with a knowing glance.

"Okay, fess up. You know something."

"I may have had a vision or two." My lips curl into a small smile.

"Well what was it?" He whines. I hold up my finger to my mouth then to my ear. I raise my eyebrow. He gets the message and shuts up.

When I hear the couple leave and the car starts, I look back at Damon.

"Okay what is it you aren't telling me?"

"Are you going to behave?"

He sighs. "Yes."

"If I'm going to tell you this information, you need to apologize to me about everything."

He looks at me with sincerity in his eyes, stepping towards me. "I'm sorry for what I did to you, it wasn't right." I smile.

"Thank you." I sit down on his bed and pat the spot next to me. He sits.

"You don't need the journal, I know where the grimoire is-"

"Where is it?" He demands.

"First I need to tell you something." I place my fingers on both of his temple and mutter a spell that I've been working on. An image shows in both of our minds.

They open the tomb and Damon speeds in. Searching all throughout for Katherine. When he doesn't find her he yells and throws a blood bag at the wall, eyes tearing up.

When I open my eyes, I see a tear run down his cheek and wipe it away.

"She's not in there Damon." His eyes fill with anger and he stands up.

"How am I supposed to believe that?"

"What reason would I have to lie?" I stand up and walk over to him. "I'm telling the truth. And I will help you open it if that's what you want but you needed to be told the truth by someone at least."

All traces of anger are gone from his face and are replaced by sadness. "Where's the grimoire?"

I sigh. "Your father said that he would bring it to his grave. It's buried with him. We need to go before Stefan does, he doesn't want you to have it. We can get it before we go to the Gilbert's for dinner. Stash it at my house."

"Okay let's go."

"Alright but I'm not getting this outfit dirty." I say sternly.

When we get there, he starts digging and once he gets to it, he opens it. He looks up at me, probably surprised that I was telling the truth and picks up the grimoire.

"I wouldn't lie to you Damon."

We quickly shovel the dirt back and by we, I mean Damon. Once it's covered again, we head straight to my house and I hide it in a spelled room where no one but me can enter.

"Well that was easy. Do you need to shower before going to the Gilbert's?"

He smirks. "Are you joining me?"

I spin around to face him. "Yeah, no. There's a towel in the guest bath and if you need some extra clothes I have some." I bought some mens clothes when I got this place in case Jeremy or Matt stayed over.

"Alright, your loss." He says as he walks into the guest bedroom.

When I hear the shower turn off I stand up and wait. Damon saunters out in just a towel, a bead of water running down his abs.

I shake my head and swallow the lump in my throat. Walking past him into the guest bedroom, I open a drawer and pull out clothes for him. I turn around and he is right behind me with a smirk resting upon his lips.

I clear my throat. "Here. When we get there, don't tell them anything. Stefan is getting the journal right now and they will plan to get the grimoire without you."

"Alrighty. Sounds like a plan."

I walk out and stay in the living room until he's fully dressed and walks out.

We head over to the Gilbert's house and help make dinner with Jenna.

Damon is standing in the kitchen, cutting up vegetables for the sauce. He's talking to Jenna while me and her are sitting on the counter, each with a glass of wine.

"My father never approved of anyone I dated. Which only made me want them more, of course. What about you?"

"There were a few guys. Logan isn't the only loser I've dated."

"They ever find him? Or is he still missing?" I send him a look to shut up.

"He's not missing. He's in the Bahamas working on his tan. Very entitled, that one. Marches to his own drum." She tilts her head back and let's the rest of her wine go into her mouth. I giggle and pour her another glass. "He's foul. They're all snooty."

Damon smiles and looks down before he turns around. "Hello Elena."

Elena makes herself known, walking into the room looking confused.

Jenna perks up. "Hey. Where have you been? We're cooking dinner."

"Correction: Damon's cooking dinner. Jenna and I are drinking and watching." Jenna smiles at me.

"Is Stefan with you?" Damon and I turn to her to see her answer.

"Um, he'll be here soon." She gives him a look and he smirks, getting back to work.

Jenna and I get a little tipsy and giggle, conversing with each other while Damon and Elena just stare at each other. We move to the couch while Damon finishes up and Elena brings out plates.

We talk with each other, ignoring them until something he says catches my attention. I look towards the kitchen, eavesdropping while Jenna pours herself another glass.

"Is it real?" I hear him ask.

She sighs. "Is what real?"

"This renewed sense of brotherhood. Can I trust him?" He looks back at her.

"Yes you can trust him." She gets back to work.

He looks at me with vulnerability in his eyes. I shake my head with a sad expression and he sighs.

He speeds up to her and looks her in the eyes. "Can I trust him?" He says seriously.

"I'm wearing vervain, Damon. It's not going to work." I roll my eyes.

"I'm not compelling you." He looks at her like that is the stupidest thing he's ever heard. "I just want you to answer me. Honestly."

"Of course you can." I scoff.

I turn back to Jenna and keep talking to her.

"Soooo, you and Alaric huh? He's hot."

She blushes. "Yeah, I like him."

"Awww." She pushes my shoulder and we laugh.

Elena, Jenna, and I are in the kitchen while Jeremy and Damon are playing video games. Jeremy's phone rings but he declines the call.

"Who are you dodging?"

"This girl Anna. She can be, uh, persistent." I start to walk over.

"Is she hot?" Damon asks.

"Yeah, yeah, but she can be weird."

Damon scoffs and looks me dead in the eyes. "Hot trumps weird, trust me." He says with a smirk.

I swatt the back of his head. "Hey!" The boys laugh. "I am not weird."

"Yeah, okay." He says sarcastically.

The doorbell rings and both Stefan and Elena go to get it. I replace Damon on the couch and play with Jeremy.

"If you like her, that's okay. Just be careful. She's old."

"You're okay with it." He looks at me.

"Yeah, as long as you are happy." The three, who were outside, come back into the living room.

Damon sits on the arm of the couch.

"So. I heard you found a really cool journal from back in the day. Who else did you show it to?"

"Huh?"

"Don't ask questions, just spill." I look at him weirdly. We already found the grimoire, why is he so persistent?

Jeremy chuckles. "You're kidding me right?"

"Jer, did you tell anyone other than Mr. Saltzman about Jonathan Gilbert's journal?"

"Why is everyone so obsessed with that thing?"

"Who else did you tell?"

"Just that girl Anna."

"The hot weird one?"

"Yeah." He nods.

"Wait, who is Anna?" Stefan interjects.

"That's what I want to find out. How do you know her?"

"I just know her. She wants me to meet her at the grill tonight."

"Perfect, I'll drive." He stands up.

"You're my ride too ya know? Drop me off at my place on the way." He nods and pulls me into him, his arm around my shoulder.

He drives me to my place and I get settled into bed after changing into my pjs. I read my book and take a sip of blood from a mug.

After a while I get a knock on my door. I stand up and walk over, opening to reveal an upset Damon.

"You were right, they went without me."

I pull him into a hug and close the door.

"So you want to spend the night here?" He nods.

I pull him into my room and he undresses, getting into bed. He places his head on my chest and I run my fingers through his hair as I continue reading my book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.8K 2.3K 18
☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚-- 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 /ˈ𝐫ɛ𝐯(ə)𝐫𝐢/ 𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬; �...
232K 7.9K 73
"Soulmates aren't the ones who make you happiest, no. They're instead the ones who make you feel the most. Burning edges and scars and stars, Old pan...
56.9K 1.5K 43
"When you saw her,his eyes light up and his heart fastens they it should"-klaus "he touched my soul long before i know what his hands feel like"-jodh...
459K 10.1K 51
When you think of Klaus Mikaelson, you think of the murderous Original hybrid; few don't and Violet is one of them. After saving her life in the 1920...