Azalea |18+|

By iiswatiii

AZALEA- Her name was enough to bring shivers and trembles down to even the leaders of the ruthless mafias. S... More

Synopsis
Characters
1| A Deadly Sin
2| The phone call
3| The Cohen's
4| Killer
5| Forged Signatures
6| Night club
7| Undone (18+)
8| Plan
9| Neglected
10| Breakfast (18+)

11| Weirdos

5.5K 250 97
By iiswatiii

"They fight and make up,
They hug and break up,
Siblings are baffling creatures.."

AZALEA's POV

"Come here for a second."

"That sounds like an effort, so no."

"You piece of shit, when I ask you to do something, you do it."

"I wish there was an easier way to say this, but no thanks."

"STOP running away from me, what's the worst that could happen?"

"You'll hit me."

"Please, as if you have never had that before."

"Doesn't mean, I enjoy getting my ass beaten up."

"Guys, I haven't showered in 4 days—"

"OKAY, THAT'S ENOUGH!! ZAVEN STOP CHASING ZANE, AND BOTH OF YOU SIT YOUR ASS BACK DOWN. ELIAN, STOP TOUCHING MY FOOD AND LEO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GO TAKE A BATH."

"This fucker farted in my face, I'm going to kill him.. QUIT RUNNING."

"It's Run or Die, what do you think I will choose?"

"I like the food on your plate more."

"I want bath bombs, scented candles, essential oils and some snacks, and could you also massage my head while you're at it."

The replies flooded, all at the same time.

"Elian, you have the same food on your plate, you're just pissy because I threw away your stash of beer. Zane, How many times do I have to remind you not to fart in Zaven's face, he doesn't like it. Zaven, just hit him later please, and Leo do you want me to beat your ass?"

"Avianna did an excellent job, these guys are quite hilarious. I can't wait for Liela to see this."

The owner of the last voice was none other than Carden, who seems to be thoroughly enjoying the toast he was eating while looking at the group of siblings who were making a mess on the dining table.

One of the twins was running after the other one. From what I gather, the one chasing was Zaven and the other one was Zane, who apparently farted in the former's face.

Elian guy was munching on the bacon that he had stolen from the girl's plate, whose name I'm still not aware of.

The girl looked like she was on the verge of crying.

And the youngest of them was complaining about having not bathed in four days.

What a weird bunch of kids...

"That's something you shouldn't have done, kiddo." Elian said as he took another piece of bacon from the girl's plate, earning himself a smack on the hand in the process.

"Anything to please, Her highness." Zaven replied while saluting at the girl, them sat down on a chair and glaring at his twin.

"It's hilarious, he-he-he... HEY! Why does he get to hit me later?" Zane chucked at first, them threw his arms up in the air, looking offended, but still took a seat next to Zaven.

"Ay weirdo, shut up." Zaven said to Zane, looking at him exhaustedly.

"I'm not weird, I just don't fit in your exceptionally narrow view of the world." Zane replied smugly.

"You asked me to take a bath, how do you take a bath without having the basic necessities, which by the way, you use everytime." Leo pouted his arms crossed in front of his chest.

Just as he finished, the girl smacked his head and glared at him angrily.

"Ouchh.. would you calm down, I'll just take a shower." Leo immediately changed his answer, rubbing the area where he had recently been hit.

"Idiots, first you make me angry and then you ask me to calm down. It's like stabbing someone and then wondering why they're bleeding." The girl muttered out before slapping Elian's hand, which was in the process of taking her glass of milk.

"Hey Liela, enjoyed the show?"

Carden was the one who had suddenly called out for me, his voice was loud enough to draw the attention of the kids, who all, immediately froze and stared at me with wide open eyes.

Their reactions remind me of someone...

Ah, all those people I was about to kill.

But I have no intention of killing these people.

Why do people fear for no apparent reason,

It simply doesn't make sense.

I was lazily leaning against the kitchen wall, my arms crossed in front of me.

I rushed back home after about an hour of my morning workout with Donatello.

Since declining his offer for breakfast, turned out to be a bad idea because I was famished from all the activity that I had to do in the last few hours, the first thing I did when I got home was go to the kitchen to fill my empty stomach, but what greeted me was my siblings, whom I assumed would have left by already.

"Why are they still here?"

I asked Carden, pointing a finger to the still-frozen children, some of whom now had their mouths dropped in shock.

"Because, they live here now." Carden clicked his tongue and replied with an unfazed expression, while shrugging his shoulders.

No body told me that...

"Anyways, I'm done. Avianna is already at the office, and I'm going in as well. I'll see you later." Carden added, getting up from his bar-stool chair and picking up his blazer from the stool next to him.

He walked towards me, while putting his arms into the sleeves of his blazer, and buttoning it up after adjusting his shoulder pads.

His mouth was stretched in a wide grin, and his eyes sparkled, causing me to narrow my eyes to him.

"You are up to something." I stated it as fact, staring blankly at him.

"I don't know what you are talking about." He chuckled in response, his eyes flashing amusement, making me even more suspicious of him.

I blinked at him in silence for a moment before raising one of my eyebrows in boredom.

"All right, if there's nothing wrong, then get out." I deadpanned and pointed to the door.

"I sympathise with whoever is meant to see your loving side." He cried out in sadness, as he wiped some non-existing tears from his eyes.

Eh, why's he sad?

"By the way, you're glowing, it seems like you had one heck of a night." He smiled, no I think he smirked.

"I did, through and through pleased." I replied truthfully while shrugging my shoulders.

"EW, we did not need to know that." The siblings recoiled in shock, their faces morphed into disgust as they glanced between Carden and I.

Carden let out a booming laugh at the kid's response and waved a bye, before walking out of the door, still laughing hysterically.

What just happened,

"So.." I made my way towards the stiff-looking kids, who were all standing closely together at the side of the table, glancing at me with horrified expressions on their faces.

The girl was the first one to eventually recover, as her face turned to normal. However, it soon changed again, her brows furrowed as she glanced at me while fiddling with her fingers.

Was she nervous,

But why?

These kids change emotions so fast, how am I supposed to keep up?

My train of thoughts was broken as the girl started speaking.

"We know that you don't want us here, and we understand that you don't have any obligation to keep up with us, but we would like to request that you remain our guardian for a few more months until Elian turns eighteen, so he can be our guardian then. We don't expect you to watch out for us, and we'll certainly won't create any problems for you. So please, just don't kick us out. We have nowhere else to go, and if the social workers took us back, they'll most likely separate us. Just, please take us in." The girl choked out, as she pleaded with me, tears welling up in her eyes.

The guys standing around her, had their fists clenched and jaw tightened.

Their heads were bowed down, and their shoulders shook slightly. The youngest guy looked up at me before swallowing his lump.

"I don't want to be separated from my siblings. If you want, I can work for money, mom and dad have had me working since I was 6-years-old. I can do small jobs and give you whatever I earn. Please, don't let them separate us away from each other. They are all I have. Don't let them take me away." He stated, his voice quivering and eyes pleading with mine.

••

"Evan, will they take me away from you?"

"Azalea, you are my little sister, and you are all I have. I won't let anyone take you away from me. We will run away from here, then I will do odd jobs to earn money to support us. We'll be fine, we'll never let them find us again after we leave."

"Promise?"

"Promise..."

••

"I don't want your money." I said softly while shaking my head to clear my mind of the memories triggered by this little guy's words.

Does this guy not know, I'm a multi-billionaire?

Leo flinched at my answer and shed his unrestrained tears.

"Please, don't.." The girl began to speak, her voice cracking slightly, but I cut her off.

"What is your name?" I asked, and she gave me a startled look.

"Umm..mmhh..I.. my name is Zaira-a." She stuttered, seemingly taken back by my question.

"Did you make the breakfast, Zaira?" I inquired, pointing to the now-cold plates piled with traditional English breakfast breakfast.

"Zaven and I made the breakfast. Avianna said it was fine if I cooked. I apologise if you didn't like me cooking, Avianna offered to hire a cook for us, but we refused because we didn't want to bother you any more than we already did. I won't cook again if.." She began rambling again, and I sighed inwardly at how much she could say.

Why does she talk so much

It was a simple yes or no question,

How hard was it to answer?

"Just make one more plate for me after you've finished eating, I'm going to go take a shower." I cut her off while shaking my head, as she blinked at me twice.

I ignored her expressions which were a mixture of shock and disbelief, as evident from how wide her mouth had dropped open, as I walked towards my room.

"Wait– hold on a second, please." Zaira called out to me, causing me to pause in my stride.

I turned around to face her, raising an eyebrow as I waited for her to finish her question.

"Do you want me to cook something for you?" She inquired, after a brief moment of stunned silence in which she gaped at me.

"Yes, all that is fine, just leave the tomatoes out." I said this while nodding my head to the table, where the previously cooked food was placed.

"Umm..." She hesitated and clearing her throat, as I patiently waited for her to finish.

"Do-does that mean we can stay?" She asked, a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"Didn't you hear Carden say that you all now live here. We'll go over the rules later." I replied and nodded my head at her before turning around to walk back to my room.

As I neared the stairs, I halted mid-step when I heard the siblings joyfully shouting, and their happy laughter reached my ears.

I tilted my head back and shook my head, before returning to ascend the stairs,

Unaware of the smile that had formed on my face.

****

(A/N- So, Thoughts on the chapter?

Which sibling do you like so far?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 466 39
Nova was only 2 years old when she was kidnapped from her family. She has 5 older brothers and her biological parents are dead. What happens when her...
8.4M 219K 82
The Mafia Heirs #1 Azalea (Lea), known as the 'Deadly', is a twenty years old assassin, who has had only one goal in her life : Avenge her parents' d...
35.6K 758 11
"Her pain turned to Sadness Her sadness turned to anger And her anger turned to hate And She has forgotten how to Smile" ___________________ Azal...
200K 5.8K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...