Inferno desires

By ORoseKing0

A Mafia leader, and a detective? No way, they're just too different. No romance of any kind could ever occur... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Cast
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
49
50
51
52

48

940 25 2
By ORoseKing0

Nova's POV:

"This is a lot to take in," says Kieran, his breathing slow and his eyes watering. "I first off want to apologize, Nova. I'm sorry that you had to go through something so horrible, and I'm sorry for never checking up on you. Secondly, I will do whatever it is in my power to take this ring down. You already have all the evidence. All we need to do now is find these people."

I told Kieran about the kidnapping. I told him everything that went down during those wretched days and he listened. He never interrupted, but listened. Genuinely hearing everything I had to say.

I haven't told him about Oliver yet since I wanted to talk to him first. I wanted to ask him why he would do something so fucked up like keeping a tape of me. It hurts me to even think that he was capable of doing something like this, but sadly not surprised.

"Kieran, I know I've been slacking but—"

"Nova, please," he says softly, placing a hand over my own. "You have done nothing but help. Fuck, you are about to take down one of the biggest crime organizations that even the highest ranking agents couldn't do. Nova, you are incredible. I don't say this enough, but you keep this building grounded. I'm thankful to have you work with me."

I smile, my eyes watering as I look at him. Kieran has never been one for complimenting others or patting people on the back, so for him to finally acknowledge my work feels really good.

Although I have never told him, I do look up to him. He is a lieutenant that is well known around the state for his ability to get all of his suspects to confess. Just like me.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"Don't worry about it kid," he winks, patting my hands before adjusting his tie. "Now go and get me some coffee. Black with a hint of sugar."

I just laugh, shaking my head as I leave his office. I hope that Kieran and I can become real friends. He really does care for his cases and I like to think that he cares for his employees as well.

While I walk down the hallway I feel the urge to ask Daniel to come with me. I've been very distant when it comes to him, and I feel horrible. All he's ever wanted was to be my friend and I had shut him down every time.

"Hey, Daniel?" I knock on his door.

"Nova? Oh Nova, um, one moment," he says fastly.

I hear some papers rustling and something being sprayed before the door opens. A gust of orange scent hits my nostrils, and I do everything in my power to not scrunch my nose up.

"Hi," he smiles brightly.

"Do you want to get some coffee?" I ask.

"With me?"

"I asked you, didn't I?"

"Yes! I mean, yeah sure," he says, his eyes bright as he tries to not smile so widely.

I chuckle under my breath, turning around and walking down the hall. He follows, telling me things about the case he's assigned to. He talks for most of the walk to the coffee shop until I remember that conversations go both ways.

"Have you tried looking at the maternal lineage? Since you have the mitochondrial DNA, and a list of woman suspects, you can see if any of them match up with this mtDNA? One of these suspects may be related to the victim since we can't identify her yet."

"You think that will work?" He asks, his eyes looking at me with admiration. "It's a slim chance."

"Maybe. It wouldn't hurt to try, and it would at least identify her, bringing closure to her loved ones," I shrug. "She could be a missing person."

We approach the small building and Daniel scurries to the door to open it for me. I thank him and he blushes, saying "it's nothing" but a wide smile remaining on his face.

As we order I can't help but feel like I'm being watched. I take a deep breath, stopping my brain from going down that road of paranoia. He's gone. I don't have to worry about him anymore.

"Nova, you alright?" Asks Daniel.

"I'm fine. Um, excuse me while I use the restroom," I say quickly, before heading into the washroom.

I settle behind the door, my hand on the grip of the gun. I don't know who this person is, but I feel the need to prepare myself in case they want to hurt me. I have the advantage since I am waiting for them, but you never know in these situations.

It could be a set up, and I just walked right into their trap. My eyes shoot to the door handle when I see it turn. My breath quickens and I feel scared. I hate how pathetic I am right now, but I'm still not over the kidnapping, and rape.

I thought I was since I was smiling and laughing again, but when it's just me and my thoughts, I find myself crying. An overwhelming amount of fear swimming throughout my thoughts.

The door opens and to my surprise it's Xavier.

I let out a deep breath which caused him to turn his head to me. He analyzes my hand resting at the top of my gun, and my eyes stricken with fear.

"Mama, it's me," he says gently, his hands resting on top of mine.

This small gesture causes me to burst out into tears. Waterfalls are coming out of my eyes and I don't know how to stop it. I fucking hate this feeling. This feeling of emptiness, caused by that evil man. This feeling of weakness.

"Nova, come here," he says softly, pulling my face into his chest as he wraps his arm around me. "Fuck, do you want me holding you?" He asks.

I nod into his chest, my eyes still streaming with tears. I know he wants to ask me what's wrong, but is scared since he doesn't want to push me. He likes letting me tell him when things are wrong on my own time. He doesn't like rushing me.

"Why are you here?" I ask, my voice filled with unwanted cracks.

"I was checking up on you. I don't like leaving you alone," he admits, kissing the top of my head. "I'm sorry for scaring you mama. I'm so sorry."

"No it's not your fault," I insist, looking up at him through blurred vision. "Today just hasn't been a good day. My minds thinking of the um, the kidnapping and I just, I, fuck I can't even explain it," I cry, frustrated with my lack of ability to explain myself. "I just want to be at home, and near Maya."

"Then that's what you'll do," he says, tucking a curl behind my ear. "Kieran will understand. I'm taking you home."

"But Daniel—"

"You can get coffee with Daniel another time hmm? He'll understand as well."

"Okay," I nod, not wanting to leave his large warm arms.

"Okay," he replies, kissing my temple.

))))))

Xavier's POV:

Fuck, it breaks my heart to see her like this. I had brought her back home immediately, not wanting to go to the mansion since I think she needed some time to herself.

Her eyes were filled with so much fear when I opened the door. Her hands had clutched to the gun like her life depended on it, and if I hadn't had voiced to her that it was me, I think she would have shot me. She was so in her head that I don't think she saw me when she looked at me.

"Mija, mama is resting," I say, taking Maya's hand and leading her away from Nova's bedroom door. "Let's play some board games okay."

"But I want to talk to mamma," she says, looking at me through narrowed eyes. "She said that she'll bring me to the park today."

"I know mija, I know, but there is a change of plans. She's not feeling well," I say. "You'll go to the park later this week."

"Okay," she says, but I could sense the tone of disappointment in her voice. "I just wanted to hang out with mamma before she goes back to work full time. I don't get to see her a lot when she works," she says, her lip quivering as she tries to hold back tears.

I pick the small girl up, holding her in my arms with care. It must be difficult for Maya to see her mom walk out the door everyday, not knowing if she's coming back. Even though she doesn't really talk about the kidnapping, I know it still affects her.

I catch Maya looking over her shoulders in quick flashes of panic. I caught her hiding knives under her pillows for 'safety measures' is what she would say. I also see Maya holding back tears whenever Nova leaves her sight of vision.

"Will French toast cheer you up?" I ask, trying to lighten the mood.

"Maybe," she sniffles, holding me tighter. "French toast with whip cream."

"That's my girl," I laugh, rubbing her back as I bring her to the kitchen.

I will do everything in my power to keep my two girls safe. They deserve the world, and I plan to give it to them with the universe. I just want them safe, and happy. I need them to be safe, and happy.
————————————————————————

Hey guys ❤️❤️❤️

Favourite moments?

Favourite characters?

Possible theories?

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW 🥹💅🏽😝
Have a wonderful week 😊🥰🫶🏽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7M 134K 42
Amanda decided to help her brother's bestfriend to stop his wedding and in order to do that she must act like a pregnant women. Though she manages to...
182K 6.8K 64
Xavier Castillo is a cruel and powerful man who spares no one. If anybody crosses his path, he expects them to respect him or face a terrible punishm...
2.5M 78.2K 35
"How could you!" Xavier exclaimed. "Please no, it's not what it looks like," I said with tears running down my face. "With my best friend. Get out, b...
387 5 72
𝐀𝐳𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬 She has everything under control, her emotions, her work, her organization. Until she meets him again and all those walls she built c...