Malicious by choice. //Kai Pa...

By cantevendecide

No strings attached with Malachai Parker? Seems manageable as Kaitlyn and Kai had one major thing in common a... More

Prologue.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Authors Note.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter eight.
Chapter nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter fourteen.
Chapter fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
CLEXA VS BELLARKE.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-one.
Chapter Twenty-Three.

Chapter Twenty-Two

4.1K 152 74
By cantevendecide

Before I update I just want to say Happy Anzac Day. Anzac Day is one of Australia's most important national occasions. It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War. It is the day on which we remember Australians who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations. It's been 100 years today but we still feel the lose.
Lest we forget.

Chapter Twenty-Two

"What the hell happened here anyway?"

It had been half an hour since my... Panic attack of sorts or what Damon likes to call; 'heaving on the ground like a dying cat.' And I still didn't know what the hell was going on.

Elena looked hesitant to answer, she still felt like I should rest and we'd talk about it later.

It was as if she thought that what ever she was going to say would cause another episode.

"Please, I need to know."

She chanced a glance to Damon, who was standing across from our sitting position.

Kai was in the other room waiting to talk to me apparently but after the weirdness that literally just happened, I don't know if I could ever face him again.

It was beyond embarrassing honestly.

She didn't answer, not moving her eyes from Damon's, so I decided to talk.

"You've set up this whole day haven't you? To stall me or something."

Elena's head snapped towards me so fast I'm surprised she didn't get whiplash.

"H-how did yo-"

"The flat tire was a little much don't you think?"

A smile replaced her confused expression, throwing her head back she let out a tinkle of laughter.

"I should've known not to put anything past you. Remember when we were at camp? And we tried to set you up with that cute boy who was good at tying knots? You saw through us like glass."

I snorted at that, its not exactly my fault that they weren't particularly good at being stealthy.

It's a gift that cannot be taught.

"Anyway, when you woke up this morning that wasn't the first time Kai had been around. He had come about an hour before you woke up, he was such a mess Kaitlyn and I'm pretty sure he was crying. He was begging to see you, sobbing that he was sorry."

She looked at me to see any reaction but I stayed completely impassive.

Damn I deserve an Oscar.

"We came up with a deal and we agreed that you didn't have to be here for that deal."

Another pause, I narrowed my eyes. Pretty certain that I knew what this 'deal' meant.

"So I came up with a list of jobs that would keep you completely preoccupied and Kai found a way to give you a flat tire when you were halfway here... You know for good measure."

"Just get to the point 'Lena, I kind of guessed all of that. Now what were you trying to keep me from?"

She hesistated again making me more agitated.

"We don't keep secrets Elena."

She mumbled something under her breath.

"I'm sorry? I can't hear you."

"We found a way to contact Bonnie for her birthday." She snapped, instantly putting a hand over her mouth.

She looked at me with squinted eyes, just waiting for me to crack and start crying right then and there.

But I had been preparing for this.

"And then?"

She gave me a perplexed look but still carried on.

"Well nothing really happened except Damon dropping a stupid map, the spell wasn't exactly that strong considering there were four of us going back." She took in my confused look before continuing. "Jeremy came as well."

"Oh so everyone went to go see my sister on her birthday but the actual real sister?"

She ignored my sarcastic remark and continued on with her story.

"Long story short; Liv turned up and attacked Kai bringing us back to the real world but she trapped us in the room upstairs so we wouldn't intervene, Damon help stall bye blowing up the fireplace and Jeremy saved the day as per usual."

"Is that all?"

She hesitated once again, seemingly having an internal battle.

"No... That's all."

"Okay my turn."

I stood up so that I was looming over her and somehow that gave me an abundance of confidence.

"What you did was a real dick move."

The look on her face fueled my rant, she looked caught between confusion and a deer caught in headlights.

"I mean not inviting me to see my own sister on our birthday? Do you hate me or something?"

She flinched with every word but I didn't care I had to let this out.

No more bottling it up.

"Why do that? What did you think I would have a mental breakdown? Would you have even told me about it!?"

By now she had stood up so we were face to face.

"Of course I would have!"

"Are you sure? I had to find out from Kai while he was laying down and dying!"

"I don't see what the problem is!?"

"The problem is you didn't take me to see my sister. That would have been the best birthday present you could have ever given me and you didn't."

My voice broke off at the end, all the argument in me washing away like a cleanse, leaving me with nothing but despair.

I turned towards the door, deciding that I didn't want to be around Elena and her negativity and risk yet another mental breakdown.

I barely got a foot out of the room when my wrist was tugged violently out the door and towards the forest surrounding us.

Looking up I saw Kai with a determined face and I really wanted to fight him on it but I had no energy left so I just let him tug me like a doll.

We stoped a fair bit away from the house, far enough that we would be concealed and not heard but not far enough so if it came to it I would be able to run if necessary.

Looking at Kai again it dwelled on me that the last time that we had been alone together was when he went all psychotic-i-freaking-love-you-babe mode.

Tugging my wrist out of his grip, I brought it up and cradled it to my chest.

He had left a mark the dick.

"What do you want Malachai?"

He visibly winced at his name yet didn't do anything.

"To talk."

Folding my arms across my chest, my injured wrist was now in full view.

I hated to admit but I got some twisted pleasure in seeing his eyes fill with a deep sense of guilt.

It made me sick knowing I enjoyed his pain.

Like some kind of Psycho.

Like Kai.

"Please Kaitlyn." He pleaded, taking a step towards me making me take two. His eyes grew darker at the movement, didn't he understand I was still scared of him? "We need to talk."

"No." I yelled, lifting a palm so he didn't come any closer. "You need to leave me alone. I don't want to see you."

He flinched at my words but I didn't really care.

"Ever."

A flash of anger passed through his eyes, it was fast but I was still able to catch it before it was replaced with desperation.

"Just listen then."

His voice was urgent as he reached a hand out to touch me. I ducked away moving two paces back again.

I nodded as a sign of acknowledgement as he let his hand fall back to his sides.

A few minutes passed as he contemplated what he was going to say.

"What happened last night, I didn't mean any of that. You have to believe me." When I stayed silent he decided to continue. "But what I said, I meant every single word."

Yet again he paused gazing intensely at me, waiting for a reaction.

"I love you."

His words lingered after he finished. It was like the forest went completely silence in anticipation for those three words and once he said it, they bounced off every tree getting louder and louder each time until they all blend into one noise.

At least that's how I was feeling.

Three little words that could mean so much.

I realized several minutes had paced by with him just staring at me with a stoic expression, So I decided to say three words of my own.

"No, you don't."

"Yes I do."

"No you don't."

I could tell that I was riling him up, his hands were shaking and his jaw was clenched.

"Yes. I. Do." He spat through his teeth.

"No. You. Don't." I taunted.

"SAY SOMETHING ELSE WILL YOU!?"

He screamed.

"Awe, I thought we were playing a game."

I pouted, inwardly cringing as he ground his teeth together.

He stayed silent so I stayed silent.

Seconds ticked by that felt like hours, the forest eerily quiet.

I turned around attempting to make an exit when he grabbed a hold of my hand and interlaced our fingers.

I stayed with my back facing his form, scared that if I were to look at him my whole resolve would disperse.

"Tell me what I can do to make it better."

More time passed by as we stood there, I don't know what I was waiting for or why I was stalling.

I think I just wanted to savor the feeling of his hand in mine.

"Just." I started, not wanting to break this moment. "Just let me go."

I pulled my hand out of his, and hurriedly walked to forward.

My throat constricted and my eyes pricked with unushed tears and all I wanted was to go home and binge watch reality TV shows and eat all the junk food I could get my hands on.

Like normal girls did after a break up.

But I stopped once again by Kai.

This time he wasn't as gentle, he grabbed me and with as much force as the hulk, pinned me against the nearest tree.

I cried out in pain but he didn't seem to notice.

"Not that, I will do anything but that. I can't just let you go Kit-Kat. I'm too attached to you, You're imbedded in my soul, you are my soul. If I were to let you go I don't think I could survive. You're everything I want and everything I need. You are me. I know it sounds weird and cheesy, but that's what I am, you're all of me. Ever since you walked into my life you have consumed me so much that I'm no longer myself. I. Am. You. We. Are. One." His iron grip on me loosened as he took a step back, running his hands through his hair he continued with his rant. "Before you I felt so empty, so incomplete. I didn't have a purpose in life but then I met you. You filled this hole, you gave me purpose. You're like that puzzle piece I've been searching so long for. So no, I won't give up on you. On us. Because you don't give up on the ones you love."

He was breathing heavily as if he had just run a marathon. The same crazy glint as last night was in his eyes and before I could so much as utter a word, he was gone.

//QUESTION: DO YOU PREFER LOVEY-DOVEY CHEESY KAI OR SEXY BUT MEAN KAI!?//
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Comment//

//Vote//

//Follow//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 326 15
โ แด€ษดแด… แดกสœแด‡ษด สแดแดœ ๊œฑแด‡แด‡ แดกสœแด€แด› ษช'แด แด‡ ส™แด‡แด„แดแดแด‡... ...แดกษชสŸสŸ สแดแดœ สŸแดแด แด‡ แดแด‡ ๊œฐแดส€ แดกสœแด ษช แด€แด, ...
361K 10.4K 35
Runner up in the CW fanfic awards "Just keep in mind that even the purest hearts fall. I have run out of time looking for a way out. There is no red...
74.9K 2.2K 13
Damon tries to rescue Elena, but Kai isn't done with her yet. Apart from all the bloodshed, Elena starts to see a side of him that may be redeemable...
263K 2.2K 34
Kai Parker in multiple one shot stories. Sexual content and possible triggers. Read at your own discretion! - - - - - - - - - - "Such a slut" he gro...