Always watching the sacred ti...

By JenaGamache2004

Loki keeps having dreams about a woman he's never met before, until one day he steals the tesseract and telep... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chaper 11
Chaper 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 17

462 15 4
By JenaGamache2004

Y/n's pov

"Why'd you do that?" I asked Mobius when the Minute-Men put Loki in another portal.

"He's lying don't you get that?" Mobius said while walking out the door, and I follow.

"Maybe he's telling the truth, just give him a chance!"

"What, do I have to put you in there too?" Mobius asked.

"No! But I'm just sayin' there's a chance he could be right!" I said.

"Oh shut up, he's messing with your mind, don't you get that?" Mobius said and now we're at the door to Ravonna's office.

"Come on, just let it go, we need to talk to her." Mobius said before opening the door.

Maybe he's right, I should just let it go, Loki's just messing with my mind. I shook my head.

"Hey." He said.

Ravonna looked up from her papers, smiling at us. "Shouldn't you be interrogating the Loki Variant?"

"He's softening in the Time Cell, but while he marinates, I thought maybe I'd interview the other Variant." Mobius said.

"Oh, no. Just stick with your Loki and figure out what that nexus spike was." Ravonna shook her head.

"I know, but I think I can get there faster if I work 'em both together. You said we have a part to play, and the part I play-" Mobius starts before he's cut off "Absolutely not. She's just too dangerous." Ravonna said.

"Too dangerous? Come on, Ravonna. This is what we do!"

"And this is what I do. Nobody speaks with that Variant."

Mobius shook his head "I mean, if there's a mastermind here, I don't think it's Loki." I and Mobius said.

"Good." Ravonna smiled "Then he should be the easiest to break! Work your Loki and figure out what caused that spike. Time-Keepers are watching, Mobius, and Y/n."

Mobius rolled his eyes, walking to the door "They're always watching!" I and Mobius said in union. "'Work your Loki, work your Loki.'" He said in a mocking tone to which made me snicker "That ought to be my mantra." Mobius added, walking out the door, and I follow him, rolling my eyes.

We rounded a corner finding B-15 "Is she in there?"

"Mm-hmm." B-15 nods her head.

"They don't go gently, do they?" I ask, now seeing three Minute-Men guarding the door.

"Aren't you suppose to be interrogating your Variant pet?" B-15 asks, and I rolled my eyes.

"Just stretching our legs." Mobius said.

"You know, we brought in Kree, Titans, vampires. Why is the two orphans demigods such a pain?" I asked.

"And yet it was your idea to bring in another one." B-15 said, and I opened my mouth, but Mobius mouthed 'shut up' to me and I closed my mouth, rolling my eyes.

"I'm happy to share credit for that idea." He said, walking away.

"Mobius? Y/n?" B-15 asks, and Mobius stops walking.

"Did Loki say anything while you were in there?"

"Yeah. He said the TVA is lying to us." I and Mobius said, and he scoffed.

B-15 furrowed her brows like she wanted to believe what Loki said "Why?" Mobius asks.

B-15 shook her head "Just doing my job."

Loki's pov

I'm still on the ground, sighing and catching my breath.

"You!" I hear again. "You conniving..." "Sif. Sif." I sigh. "Craven, pathetic worm."

"Please, please, no more. Please, I beg you." I'm on my knees now. "I'm a horrible person. I get it. I really am. I cut off your hair because I thought it'd be funny... And it's not. Uh... I crave attention..." I shake my head "Because I'm.. I'm a... I'm a narcissist. And I suppose it's.... it's because I'm scared of being alone." I sigh.

She looks at me for a moment, then takes out her hand.

I look at her hand for a moment, sighing, then take her hand, and she helps me up.

"You are alone, and you always will be." She said, before walking away.

"Okay, Loki." I hear someone say.

I turn around to see Mobius and Y/n.

"You ready to talk?" Y/n asks.

I sigh, walking through another orange portal, now I'm back at the room I like to call 'the talking room.'

"Fancy Technology." I scoffed. "Threatening interrogation tactics." Mobius, I, and Y/n take a seat. "Seems you two, and I are in a loop of our own."

"Well, there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then." Y/n says.

"Certainly has." I nod my head.

"Okay, you said the TVA is lying to me. Go ahead." Mobius says and Y/n furrowed her brows, looking intrigued at the topic.

"Or is that just a cockroach's survival mechanism kicking in?" Mobius adds.

I crossed my arms "Let me out of this place, stop beating me up, and I'll tell you."

"Cockroach. Got it." Mobius said, writing stuff down on his clipboard, and I sighed. "How long have you been working for the Variant?" Y/n asks.

"Me? Working for her? Please." I scoffed.

"Okay, if you're not working for the Variant, what is it? You're partners?" Y/n asks.

"Absolutely not! She's difficult, and irritating, and, she tries to hit me all the time! No. Not partners, no." I said, making it clear we're definitely not partners.

"Yeah, I guess you don't do partners. Unless of course it benefits you and you intend to betray them at some point." Mobius said.

"It was a means to an end, Mobius. Welcome to the real world. Down there, we're awful to get what we want." I start.

"Now I gotta have a prince tell me how the real world works? Why don't you just tell me what caused the nexus event on Lamentis?" Mobius asks.

"Let me say this again." A hint of annoyance in my voice "I'm not going to tell you just so you can turn around immediately afterwards and prune me."

Mobius shrugged "I guess we've reached a dead end then."

"Okay, it's over."

"I'm going to miss these little tete-tetes."

"Me too."

"One guy playing checkers, you, old Mobius playing chess" Mobius and Y/n get up "but, yeah, give my regards to Lady Sif." Mobius starts playing with the portal.

"What... No. What? No, no, no. Please, not... Well, just wait, wait, wait." I say, and Mobius stops "Yeah?" He says looking up from what he was doing.

"Of course it was me pulling the strings all along." They both took a seat again. "She came to me on Asgard a long time ago and then she took me to one of her apocalypses and that's where we hatched our plan together."

"Which is?" Mobius asks.

"Coming along very nicely, thank you." I said sarcastically.

"And the Variant?" Y/n asks.

"Doesn't matter. She's a pawn." I shrugged "Something very, very big is gonna happen. And when it does, I'll dispose of her." I smirked.

"Well, we saved you the trouble there. She's already been pruned. So assume I do set you free-" Mobius starts.

"Hang on, wait." I cut him off. "What'd you just say?"
"What? Assume I do set you free." Mobius says.

"The Variant. She's gone?" I ask.

"Yeah. Not before she took out two of ours." Y/n says.

"Yeah, she was going to her Time Cell, broke free. Hunter B-15 stepped in, popped her. So you might want to fire off a thank you note to Hunter B-15, because it looks like you're the superior Loki. I would've bet on her, but that's what makes a horse race." Mobius adds.

I nod my head, shrugging "Good riddance." I said, Smirking.

Mobius burst out laughing after a moment "What's so funny?" I ask.

"Come on." He says. "Look at your eyes. You like her."

"What?" I ask, and Y/n furrowed her brows, looking a little hurt.

"You like her. Does she like you?" He asks.

"Was she pruned?" I ask, trying to avoid the question.

"No wonder you have no clue what caused the nexus event on Lamentis. Both of you are swooning over each other-"

"Tell me the truth!" I cut him off but he ignores me "It's the apocalypse. Two Variants of the same being, especially you, forming this kind of sick, twisted romantic relationship. That's pure chaos. That could break reality." "It's breaking my reality right now." Y/n chipped in, and Mobius nodded his head "What a incredible seismic narcissist. You fell for yourself!"

"Her name was Sylive." Still avoiding the question.

"Ah, Sylive." Mobius says, and Y/n still looked hurt. "Lovely. How do you spell that? Is that with an I-E or just an I?"

"Is she alive?" I spat, and Mobius looked up from his clipboard.

"For now." Mobius said, more under his breath, but I could still hear him. "And was infiltrating the TVA, was that always sort of the grand plan?"

"Our interests are aligned."

"Overthrowing the Time-Keepers?" Y/n asks.

"Maybe they need to be overthrown."

"I ought to box your ears." Mobius said shaking his head.

"Mobius, listen. If what Sylive told me about this place is true, it affects all of us." I start.

"Here we go. Now, you've already told me about 50 lies in the past 10 minutes." Mobius shakes his head.

"I'm not lying!" I spat.

"Now, I'm supposed to belive your girlfriend."

"It's the truth!"

"She's not my girlfriend." I add and Y/n furrowed her brows.

"Whatever you want to call her. What, your female self that you have some demented crush on-" "You're all Variants!" I spat, cutting him off.

"Everyone who works at the TVA! The Time-Keepers didn't create you. They kidnapped you from the Timeline, and erased your memories. Memories she can access through enchantment." Both Mobius and Y/n furrowed their brows.

"So before this you had a past, maybe you had a family, a life."

"Maybe even a jet ski!" I add.

Mobius thinks for a moment "Nice try." He finally says, and I shake my head "That was good. You two, what a pair! Gosh! Unbelievable. Wherever you go, it's just death, destruction, the literal ends of worlds. Well, I'm going to have to close this case now, 'cause I don't need you anymore. Yeah, or as you might say, our interests are no longer aligned."

Two Minute-Men come and Y/n furrowed her brows "You know, of all the liars in the place-" The Minute-Men take me up out of my seat "and there are a great many, you're the biggest."

"Why? 'Cause I lied about your girlfriend?"

"Oh, no. That I can respect. I mean, the lies you tell yourself." I say.

Y/n opens her mouth to say something, then closed it. I look at her with pleading eyes, to belive me, her eyes tearing up a little bit, then the she mouthed 'I'm sorry', before I'm sent through the portal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.1K 2.9K 48
After both Y/N and Loki take the tesseract, they're both arrest by the TVA for Crimes Against the Sacred Timeline. The two don't exactly see eye to e...
69.8K 2.6K 33
After a long day at work you make a wish and it's granted, causing you to be thrown into the MCU. You fumble your way through interactions with your...
117K 3.3K 50
A slow burn fanfic. Marvel, Loki x reader Y/n = your name E/c= eye colour H/c= hair colour This is my first fanfic so please be nice ;) , construct...
19.2K 544 21
Y/n doesn't have a good home situation. Her life is really difficult and she doesn't know what the purpose of her life anymore. But when y/n goes liv...