Princess on the Loose [Comple...

By MayaCrook

Clarissa Marie Valdez, a daughter of a con man, was chosen by King and Queen Academy, a prestigious school fu... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 42.5
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's note
Special Chapter
Author's Note
IMPORTANT!
Edited Version/Sample
SAMPLE / PROLOGUE
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 1
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 2
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 3
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 4
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 5
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 6
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 7
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 8 / ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 10

106K 4.2K 897
By MayaCrook

Chapter 10

   I could hear voices, frantic ones. I tried opening my eyes but I couldn't.

"How could she do this to us?" It was a woman's, oddly familiar.

"I'm sorry your majesty but it's the truth. You know I wouldn't lie to you." I would never forget that voice. It was dad's.

What was happening? Why couldn't I see anything?

"I can't let her do this to us. I won't allow her. I'll talk to her."

"I don't think that's a good idea, considering she's thinking of striking tonight."

"How about Arthur? Where is he?"

"I'm afraid, I don't know."

There was a sudden gunshot accompanied by a frantic scream, I'm guessing the woman's. My eyes finally opened and what I saw made me tremble in fear. There was blood everywhere, 5 men with heavy arm fire shot the woman consecutively, their eyes cold and without mercy. 5 other men were on the ground, taken out by my father but it was too late.

"Lilia!" He cried, his voice strained, as he scrambled next to the woman's frail body. The 5 men who still stood up let him, knowing it would be their last moment together.

"Promise me," she pleaded, tears flowing from her grey eyes, "Promise me please, please."

"I promise." My dad cried, tears formed in his eyes as they tried to hold them in but failed. "I-I—"

The woman put a finger on his lips. "Shhh, I know, I know. Thank you Richard." And her eyes closed for the last time, her hand fell down with a thud. I wanted to scream but couldn't. It was painful so painful.

"Your majesty!" My dad bawled as he let his head bury in her chest.

"Up now you fool!" One of the men said, his face had a nasty scar on it, "You should have known better than to betray us Richard. Now this is your penalty." He rested a gun on his head. NoooO!!! Why couldn't I move? What was wrong with me?

"Shut up Grayson! Can't you let me grieve a minute longer?!" My father's voice boomed. I saw his hand sneakily snake on the dead woman's neck and retrieve her golden necklace with a blue pendant. The 5 men didn't see it but I did.

"Get the fuck up so I can beat you to death!" The guy whom my father called Grayson snarled.

"If you can." My father muttered before sweeping Grayson's foot and tripping him. The other 4 began to shoot my dad but my dad hid himself behind Grayson making his body a shield from the bullets fired by the four while he took Grayson's gun and expertly fired back at them. He shot two of them before running out of bullets. Quickly he dropped Grayson after he threw the useless gun through the window, making the window clash into pieces. The two goons snapped their heads towards the broken window, oblivious of my father's trick—a one second distraction, but it was enough for him to knock one of the guy's head with his fist, take his gun and shoot the other one.

 It was finally over, I thought, until I heard another shot directed towards my father. Nooo!!! Daddy!

 He dropped on his knees as he turned around to see a bloody Grayson holding a gun smirking at him. "You were always the best of us Richard and that's why I admired you. But how could you do this to us? How could you do this to me?"

"I did it to protect you."

Grayson laughed, coughing blood out. "To protect me? You call this protecting?" His eyes finally closed as he fell into unconsciousness. They were all wearing vests so none of them were critically injured.

I felt my hands shook, tears flowing from my eyes, but I couldn't scream, I couldn't speak. I had never seen my dad so bloody and worn out. I wanted to run to him but I couldn't. He finally looked at me, smiling gently.

"It's okay Clarianne," he said soothingly at me, "It's okay."

He tried reaching for me but I didn't know why I was so afraid of him, so so afraid. This wasn't my father, he was not my father. Nooo!!! I don't know him!!!

"It's okay Clarianne, Clarissa."

I found my voice and screamed.

  "Clarissa!!" My eyes snapped open to meet dark blue ones. I was trembling, tears flowing down my face as Gavier's hands held me, shaking me awake.

I exhaled heavily, glad that it was just a dream. "I-I, d-daddy, he—"

"Yeah I know." Gavier rolled his eyes. "You were screaming daddy like there's a fire."

I smiled and without thinking I hugged him, burying my face in his chest so relieved that it really was just a dream.

He tensed a little, but relaxed afterwards, one of his hands stroked my brown and wavy hair. Then all of a sudden as if he just realized what he was doing, he went all rigid and pushed me away.

He stood up, turning his back on me. The pain was back again, gnawing at my heart. "Leave. I'm sure you can walk by now. We don't have to act like we're close friends anymore since the interview is over. There's no reason for us to keep seeing each other."

His words were like sharp knives thrown at my chest. Tears brimmed in my eyes again. So this was it? Was it really over between us?

I stood up, realizing that I was in a boy's room, probably his but that didn't matter at the moment. I swallowed my tears and balled my fists. "What's the matter with you?! Why are you so mad at me? Why does it seem like you're so disgusted at me that you can't wait to get rid of me?"

He turned around, his eyes cold and dark. "Isn't it obvious? That's because I don't want you in my life. Now scram."

I choked a sob. I knew it. He was going to dispose of me like a useless toy. I was right Carlos, I was right and it hurt being right.

 Tears welled in my eyes and I felt so angry and defeated, I didn't care what to say anymore. "Okay, you win, I'm sorry about that night when I cried! I'm sorry, even though I don't know what I did wrong! It just felt like you're just treating me like a toy! You don't even care about how I feel. You just care about yourself, you self-centered, arrogant, annoying jerk!"

"Shut up!" He shouted slamming the table, his body tense. But I didn't want to.

"But I don't even care anymore! I really don't like you! But I want to freaking understand you."

"I don't fucking care! Just shut up!" He snarled looking at my distraught face.  

I ignored him, my body trembling.

"I really don't get you. What did I do?" It was a strangled sob. I wanted to know why he was treating me like shit. "Why are you so mad at me? Do you really hate me that much?"

He turned away and didn't say anything which hurt more because it was obvious. He hates me too muchthat he couldn't even answer me.

I was done with this shit. I didn't care anymore. If he hates me then fine, I shouldn't care.

I wiped my tears away as I gazed at him one last time and turned to leave. I hope I never see him again, this whole ordeal had been agonizing enough. It was time to stop. Because Gavier and I never got along and we would never understand each other. We were never meant to be.

But before I could even step away, I was pulled harshly by my wrist.

 I didn't know how it happened but I was suddenly pinned on the wall. Gavier hovered over me, one of his hands trapping both my wrists above my head as I stood completely at his mercy and then his mouth descended on mine heatedly. I closed my eyes, feeling him, relaxing as his lips moved against mine in a punishing pace. He let my hands go and held on my waist tightly. It hurt though it also felt good but he wasn't the only one angry, I was also beyond mad at him and with my hands free I clutched on his hair hard, giving him a taste of pain. He growled and pushed me harder on the wall.

We were hungry for each other and our hatred was equivalent to it. He bit my lip hard making me gasp, and he took the opportunity to deepen the kiss. So this is what a kiss was like, how exhilarating and painful. It felt like my body was melting with the heat and my head was swirling with so many questions, confusing the hell out of me. We finally let go as we gasped for air. I looked at Gavier's eyes, they were distant and cold.

"That finally made you stop crying huh?" It wasn't a question, and I didn't like his tone. "Don't worry I'll give what you want so you don't have to go to Lucas anymore." His hand slipped under my shirt which alarmed me.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, still a bit dazed by our intense kiss.

"Don't play dumb." He glared at me. "I saw you with Lucas last night. You went to him because I rejected you. Isn't that why you cried?"

Oh my god, he still thought I was that kind of person. My tears were back again, I didn't even have the energy to push him away when he started kissing my neck.

"Just how lowly do you think of me? Do you really think I'm that kind of person? I don't just throw myself to guys Gavier." I give up, I was tired of everything, and for a moment everything felt numb."Am I really just a slut to you?"

He finally stopped and looked at me, baffled.  So that's what he thought of me all along. Not some toy, not some sort of entertainment, definitely not a friend, but a slut.

  I forced my tears from flowing as I slapped him hard on his cheek and pushed him away harshly.

 "I hate you."

And with that I finally left his room and ran all the way back to mine as I felt my heart ripping out.

Though just before I got to open the door to my room, something caught my eye. There across the hall was a tall man dressed in a suit, I knew that back. He was charming a lady and the lady smiled flirtatiously back at him. But that couldn't be him right? I blinked my eyes and they widened after seeing the man's face from his side view, a smirk embedded on his face. That smirk. Sensing as if someone was watching him, he turned to face me making me gasp out loud. Oh my god.

"Daddy?"

Phew, that was an intense chapter. And so much drama. ;( And I know Gavier is acting like a jerk here, but there's a reason why he acts like that. Remember in my story guys, there's always a reason. ;)

And OMG they kissed. XDDDD

Oops, I kind of left you guys hanging again. xD Sorry guys, but I need to rest my brains for awhile before I do the next scene. Are you guys excited to meet her dad? :DDD

And of course, thank you guys for your comments and votes from the previous chapter, you guys are the best! xD Please do comment and vote on this one too. :D

Love ya guys!

P.s. I'll update soon don't worry. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

521 147 14
In a small kingdom there was a princess, beloved by her emperor father since her queen mother died giving birth to her. She was talented and excelled...
7.6K 309 80
" Charity Service Group " yep that's a real thing in Elmhurst High School . What do you think will happen when a girl enters through that group? Y...
324K 3.4K 37
DISCLAIMER: this is not the whole story! Only 1/3 of the book is here on wattpad, the full version will be available as a paperback& ebook... (no rel...
1.3K 28 29
We all make promises. We all say that we'll keep those promises going for eternity. But, they never actually last that long. Being royal doesn't mea...