You can't be my mum (a Lucy B...

By lucybronzeengwnt

Rosie is a struggling teenager With abusive parents who won't allow her to play football, she spends every da... More

A/N
Chapter 1 - pain is only temporary
Chapter 2 - hope?
Chapter 3 - if only you knew
Chapter 4 - forever and always
Chapter 5 - what was your name again?
Chapter 6 - bruises
Chapter 7 - call me if you need me
Chapter 8 - you're what?
Chapter 9 - you don't have to apologise
Chapter 10 - I promise
Chapter 11 - you don't have a problem with that do you?
Chapter 12 - why?
Chapter 13 - whatever
Chapter 14 - I had no idea
Chapter 15 - you ready?
Chapter 16 - just a friend
Chapter 17 - every step of the way
Chapter 18 - not yet
Chapter 19 - they were too late
Chapter 20 - for you
Chapter 22 - just hold me
Chapter 23 - closure
Chapter 24 - I'm just... experienced
Chapter 25 - A home is different to a house
Chapter 26 - the two figures
Chapter 27 - running laps
Chapter 28 - hayfever
Chapter 29 - sirens
Chapter 30 - proud
Chapter 31 - there's cake?!
Chapter 32 - to the moon and back
Chapter 33 - oh shit...
Chapter 34 - do we get a prize?
Chapter 35 - finally
Chapter 36 - grateful
Chapter 37 - together
Chapter 38 - Mini Bronze-Walsh
Chapter 39 - back into the flow
Chapter 40 - this isn't about losing
Chapter 41 - uncomfortable
Chapter 42 - the answer is no
Chapter 43 - left in the dark
Chapter 44 - forgiveness
Chapter 45 - blackmail
Chapter 46 - the end
Thank You
Sequel

Chapter 21 - starstruck

7.1K 109 6
By lucybronzeengwnt

A/N - what does everyone think about Lucy going to Barca?

Rosie's POV:

"Oh my God Rosie you're back!" I heard someone shout at me before I'd even walked in the hotel lobby. A pair of arms wrapped themselves around my body before another person joined in with the group hug that had just formed. From behind me, Keira complained jokingly, "what about me and Lucy? We're your actual teammates" Pulling away, I saw that it was Millie and Rachel. I mean who else could be that enthusiastic at 9am on a sunday morning?

I greeted them before I was finally released from their grip. Jordan shouted over towards Millie and Rachel, "how the hell do you have so much energy? Leah practically dragged me out of bed this morning". They just shrugged their shoulders, laughed and went off to annoy someone else. 

Following Keira and Lucy, I went over to join the rest of the team. Beth looked me up and down before saying, "I see you've got your own kit now". I chuckled, remembering my first encounter with her when I was wearing Lucy's too big training clothes. England had sent me some clothes with my own initials on and in my size. It made me feel like a part of the team instead of the odd one out. 

Lucy had made me agree that I would do some schoolwork on the mornings, have lunch with the team and then join in with the afternoon training sessions. I also had strict instructions to be in bed by 10.30 and not be running around the hotel with Millie and Rach or doing Tik Toks. Those were her exact words...

After all of the greetings, Sarina gave Lucy our room keys : Keira and Lucy in one and me in another with one of those connecting doors between them. This was a special request by Lucy who wanted to keep a close eye on me. It creeped me out a bit that anyone in her room would be able to walk straight into mine and vice versa. 

The lift had inconveniently broken down the previous week, so we had to heave our belongings up the multiple flights of stairs. After finally dragging my heavy suitcase up the stairs with no help, I arrived at our rooms. As presumed, the rooms were both very nice with one double bed in each and a small, modern bathroom including a shower. Once I had spotted the bed, I took my shoes off and lay down on my bed hoping to squeeze in a short nap before the chaotic week that awaited me. Closing my eyes, someone barged loudly into my room. Relaxing slighly when I slid my eyelids back to see Keira. If it was Lucy, she would made a big deal about it, telling me I must have gone to bed late. Which I did but she didn't need to know how late. Keira stared at me, without saying anything, and began to unpack my suitcase. I mumbled, "You don't have to do that...I'll do it in a sec". She laughed lightly, "what? From your bed?". I just rolled my eyes at the truth in her statement - if it were up to me, those clothes would stay in the suitcase until I absolutely had to put them away. Lucy was the exact same, luckily Keira was a clean freak who couldn't bare the sight of messy, overflowing suitcases strewn across the floor. I had no idea how she managed to put up with us without going mad.

As Keira was tidying my room that was already fairly messy with my belongings, despite only being here half an hour at most, we passed light conversation while I rested on my bed - my eyes were now open however. I was intrigued to know how she felt about the upcoming competition, "so...you excited for thursday's game against Canada?". She made eye contact with me before answering, "yeah, should be a good game against a really good team. Hope we get the win". I smiled and reassured her, "don't worry, I'm pretty confident you'll win". She laughed and rolled her eyes, "try getting Lucy to believe that. All she keeps talking about is how they are Olympic gold medalists". I began before pausing when Keira joined me on the foot of my bed, giving me a glare, "I mean...she's not wrong-". Changing up the conversation quickly, I questioned, "so when's the first training sesh". Losing her glare, she answered, "you make it sound like we're all going out drinking and clubbing...but it's at 10 . Are you going to be alright by yourself?". I smiled at her concern for me, "i'll be fine. I think I'm going to go in the gym for a bit then maybe take a cheeky dip in the pool before lunch". Lucy took that exact moment to walk in, "err I don't think so. You have school-work to do" she said while playfully poking me in the shoulder. I moved over on my bed to allow her to sit down next to me, "yeah that's what I meant to say" I nonchalantly replied while shrugging my shoulders before attempting a one-eyed wink that failed miserably, closing two eyes instead of one. Lucy took that opportunity to burst out laughing at me while shaking her head. Teasing me, she performed a one-eyed wink perfectly and got up from her bed to inspect my wardrobe, "hmmm, i'm impressed that you've put your clothes away already...". I felt guilty for taking the credit for all of Keira's hard work so I remarked, "actually that was Keira. I've been lying here for the past 30 minutes". Lucy shook her head, pretending to act very dissapointed, "Keiraaaa...she's 15 she can do it herself". Keira just chuckled and said, "you can talk, the first thing you said to me was 'can you put my clothes away in that nice organised way please' you're both as bad as eachother. At least you gave me a kiss in return. Rosie, I expect you to be a servant for me all week" I glared at her, hoping that last bit was a joke. She laughed at my response, "don't worry i'm only joking...or am I? I guess you'll never know". And with that, she stood up, gripped Lucy's upper arm and headed out my room. Lucy just had time to call towards me, "remember, school work". How could I forget?

9:45

Hearing a knock at my room door, I pulled myself out of the sleeping trance I had somehow got into. As I opened the door, I was greeted with Millie and Rach stood arm in arm, "so are you ready for training. If you're quick we can sit at the back of the bus". I chuckled at their childlike ways. When I was in primary school, people would literally fight over who could sit at the back. To be honest, sitting at the back was nice because there was 5 seats instead of 2, but the end 2 people would always end up getting left out of the conversation. I preferred to sit just next to one person. That way, multiple voices wouldn't all get tangled up together, interrupting eachother constantly. I sighed before saying solemnly, "i'm not going to training, i've got to do work". I almost felt guilty because of how excited they seemed to be back in my company, but despite my complaining to Lucy, I also realised that I had my GCSE's in just over a year and I couldn't keep putting my schoolwork off. Even though I had my heart set on becoming professional, I needed something to fall back on just in case. Staring at their downcast faces, I smiled lightly, "i'm coming for the afternoon one though". This immediately made them light up with relief that they would get to see some of me for the upcoming week, "nice to see that you want to spend that much time with me though" I stated. This made Rach say jokingly, "now now, don't get cocky, we were asking for Georgia". I laughed at how she wanted to hide the fact that they wanted to see me. I opened my mouth, "ahhh. That makes sense". They laughed before saying goodbye to me, now late for the bus to the training pitches. They definitely wouldn't be getting the back seats of the bus now.

Closing my room door, I leant back on it and slowly slid my body down to the ground, not having the energy to go and get Lucy's laptop from her room to begin my schoolwork. I stayed there for about 10 minutes until I heard my phone buzz. Getting up to grab it, I tripped on my shoes that I had previously left scattered on the floor. Losing my balance, I tumbled onto the floor and landed with a huge thump, "shit! What the fuck was that?". Seeing that it was my shoes that I tripped on, I rolled my eyes, cursing myself for my clumsiness. Rubbing my sore hip, I gripped onto the side of my bed and pulled myself to my feet. Finally reaching my phone, I saw two snapchats. One from Lucy and another from Millie. Lucy's was a photo of Leah and Keira on the pitch, posing. The caption was: Jealous? and then multiple laughing emojis. I rolled my eyes and left her on read knowing she hates it when people do that. Millie's was a simple text : how's camp going? Me and mum just took Narla for a walk x. When Lucy and Keira were away on camps, they usually hired someone or found a friend to look after her. However, this time, Millie's mum offered to feed her and walk her twice a day. Gladly, Lucy accepted. After typing a quick reply, I ventured into Lucy and Keira's room, grabbing the laptop that Lucy had probably thrown carelessly onto their bed.

My work was already dragging on so long and boring and I hadn't even started. I opened my folder for the day to see the excitement that awaited me : maths, chemistry and french. Maths and chemistry weren't too bad and I quickly made my way through all of my different worksheets and powerpoints. French was on another level of dry and dull. Who wants to learn about a million different tenses and verb endings? Not me. Checking my phone, I saw that it was 11am. I had only been working for around 45 minutes, but it felt like so much longer. It was a bad mistake to even touch my phone, because one thing turned into another and soon I was going through my very addictive for you page on Tik Tok. I was only brought out of my scrolling from the sound of Lucy and Keira's bedroom door being opened. Presuming it was the cleaner, I just stayed in my position, trying to stay as quiet as possible and letting them get on with their work. I decided that if they came to clean my room, I would make my way down to the hotel reception area where there is comfy chairs. As I was thinking that, a large thump from Lucy's room and a loud, "shit!" could be heard. Recognising that voice, I leapt out of bed and poked my head round the conecting door, "Steph? I thought you were injured? Why are you here on camp?". She looked up and immediately breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that it was only me, "woah slow down Mini Bronze! Too many quesitons. I still come to camps to support the girls even if I can't play". I nodded my head slowly in understandment and said, "that still doesn't explain why you are creeping round Lucy's room like a burglar/murderer...". She chuckled at my very extreme comparison and explained, "Luce forgot to hand her passport in so she asked me if I could do it this morning when she's at training". I smiled lightly at how it was always me and Lucy to forget to do things, never Keira. Steph then looked at me in confusion,"what are you doing here?". I rolled my eyes when I said, "school-work. Lucy's orders". She laughed loudly, "that sounds just like her giving orders about left, right and centre". I smiled that she understood my frustration and annoyance of having to stay inside when everyone else was out playing football. She continued, "how about you take a break and I can give you a full tour? It's nearly lunch anyway and if she complains about the amount of work you've done, just blame me".

After a mega sized tour around the entire campus, my legs were beginning to ache. Even though I had only played 45 minutes yesterday, the amount of travelling in planes and buses and cars was starting to take its toll on me. Steph noticed this and offered to go into the food area where we could wait for the others to arrive back. I gladly accepted. When we were sat down, we just passed light coversation about a whole range of topics from football to life in Manchester to the upcoming games. Steph had a way with words that made me feel so happy and not even shy about talking about myself. Previously, I despised talking about anything to do with my life, but I guess that is one of the numerous positives that have emerged from these past 3 months. Just as we finished talking about my game against Chelsea yesterday, she started up a new conversation, "so who's number 9?". It took me a while to figure out what she meant before answering, "that's Millie. She's the daughter of some intructor called Joanne". I could tell that Steph knew exactly who I meant at the mention of Joanne. She continued, "she's good...excellent in fact. The partnership that you two had together was incredible" I blushed at her comment and stifled a cough to distract her gaze from my reddening face. I manged to reply, "yeah...I suppose" trying not to give too much away about my feelings for Millie. But luckily I didn't have to, as just as she was about to say something, a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around my from behind, pulling me into a hug, "you're supposed to be doing work, not chit chatting to the old aged pensioners". I smiled and got ready to say something, but before I could, Steph got there first, "eh, watch it Bronze, you're only 4 years younger. Anyway, I forced Rosie away from her work to take a break, it's not her fault". Lucy just flashed a grin before looking between us and saying, "I suppose it's alright then..." while attempting to stay serious. 

As everyone else filed in, lunch began. I sat on a table with Leah, Jordan, Georgia, Millie and Rachel. I was just telling Leah about the boots Lucy had got me for a welcome home present when she complained, "she beat me to it...they were already in my online basket to buy you them for Christmas". I just smirked before Millie interrupted us, "I hear Magdalena Eriksson offered you a place at Chelsea but you declined...how could you betray me like that?" she said jokingly. I shrugged my shoulders and stated, "wow news really does travel fast in this place". They all laughed at me and Jordan patted me on the shoulder while saying, "get used to it Mini Bronze". Georgia then joined in chuckling to herself, "come on, you should know by now that Keira can't keep her mouth shut". I nodded, "true, but anyway I wouldn't say she actually offered me a place but whatever. I was too starstruck to actually comprehend what she was saying". Laughter rippled round the table and Rach butted in, "were you starstruck when you met us?". I laughed lightly, remembering how terrified I was to meet them all, but most of all stay in a hotel with them all. Now, they are all that second family that you can always trust. And it's only been 3 months...

Getting up from the table to go and refill my glass of water, I turned to Rach and smirked, "you wish".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616K 14.8K 68
Hayley knight had a love for soccer, it was what she lived and breathed. As a young teen, she dreamed of playing for the USA but after an accident, s...
Space By Alex

Fanfiction

29.6K 1.5K 54
Everyone has a space to fill in this world. Come with me on my journey to find mine.
82.7K 1K 47
When a new player joins Arsenal WFC after finishing her scholarship over in the US. Bella Thorpe, 23, is very excited to play in London and in the WS...
18K 489 15
"I've been on my own for nearly my entire life, what makes you think I'd need you now?" 02/06/07 ~ The date Lucy Bronze gave birth to her daughter 0...