From Now Until Forever (S1) |...

By its-beebo

Y/n Arlert, the slightly younger twin sister of Armin Arlert, joins the Scouts along with her brother and her... More

A/N
⚡️ Chapter One ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Two ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Three ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Four ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Six ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Seven ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Eight ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Nine ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Ten ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Eleven ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twelve ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Thirteen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Fourteen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Fifteen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Sixteen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Seventeen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Eighteen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Nineteen ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty One ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty Two ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty Three ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty Four ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty Five ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter Twenty Six ⚡️
Book 2

⚡️ Chapter Five ⚡️

406 10 7
By its-beebo

"Yeah, ok? I saw the big guy." Eren answers everyone's question about him seeing the Colossal Titan.

It was now time for dinner and a lot of people are circled around Eren, asking him questions about that day in Shiganshina.

I'm not sitting with him right now. Instead, I'm sitting with Mikasa at a table nearby, listening to what he's telling them. Armin was sitting next to me, but he left to go to bed.

"Whoa...seriously?" A guy asks.

"Ok. How tall exactly was he?!" Another guy exclaims.

"He stuck his head over the outer wall." Eren explains.

"Whoa, wait! I heard he stepped over the wall completely." A guy remarks. He heard a really untruthful rumor.

"So did I!" A girl informs, also hearing the untruthful rumor.

"That was the rumor in my village, too!" A guy shouts.

"Nah." Eren says, shooting down the rumor they had heard. "He was big, but not that big."

"So, what did it look like?" I hear Mina ask.

I rest my cheek in my hand and sigh softly. "It was big and ugly. There's nothing else to it..."

"Y/n, are you sure you don't want my bread?" Mikasa asks, holding her bread out in front of me.

I nod. "Yes. I'm sure. I don't want it. Someone could turn you in for giving it to me. I'm not really hungry anyways."

"It had a mouth like a corpse." Eren starts explaining the Colossal Titan. "It had no skin. Just muscles."

"What about the Armored Titan?" A guy asks. "You know, the one that broke into Wall Maria."

Hmm...I guess the 'Armored Titan' is a really fitting name for the Titan, since it did look like it had armor on.

"Is that what they're calling it?" Eren asks. "In all the panic, it was just another Titan to me."

"What were they like?" The same guy asks, making Eren gasp softly and drop his spoon. I'm guessing he just had a flashback. He has flashbacks a lot.

I stand up to tell them to stop asking so many questions. Were they even considering what this meant to him or me or Mikasa? This was the day our homes were taken from us.

"Come on, you guys." Marco speaks up. "That's enough questions, alright? I'm sure he'd rather not relive everything he went through."

"Thank you, Marco." I nod at him, to which he nods back at me. I sit back down.

"Sorry!" Connie quickly apologizes. "We didn't mean to-"

"It's not like that!" Eren exclaims. "Those stupid Titans. They're really not that big of a deal. If we all focus on mastering the ODM gear they give us, then it's Titan payback time!"

"Eren, don't say they're not a big deal." I speak up. "They're the reason Shiganshina lost a lot of its population."

"Fine. They're not a big deal to me." He corrects. "I've waited years to be trained as a soldier. All of a sudden, the reality is sinking in. I'm joining the Scout Regiment, then I'm sending the Titans back to hell. I'm going to butcher them all."

"Mikasa, are you going to do anything about this?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Not yet. He's just speaking his mind."

"What he's doing is being irrational..." I abruptly stand up, making Eren and the others look at me. "Don't start thinking irrationally, Eren. Every time you do, something bad happens."

"I'm not thinking that way, Y/n. I'm just saying what's true." He replies.

"Maybe you should just listen to your friend there." A new voice enters the conversation.

I look at the owner of the voice and see a guy who's undercut is a different color than his hair on top. I recognize him as Jean, the guy Shadis headbutted earlier during the welcoming ceremony.

Jean continues. "I mean, not that it's my business, but signing up for reconnaissance is like a death sentence."

Eren looks over at him. "I guess we'll see, or at least I will. You seem content hiding in the interior with the MPs."

"Yeah? Well, so was I, until Titans came to Shiganshina and you didn't judge me, so why judge this guy? Just leave him alone." I ask. He knew that I once wanted to join the MPs and not the Scouts and never judged me.

"He started it!" Eren exclaims, pointing at Jean.

"Y/n. Just sit down." Mikasa instructs. "If things get out of hand, then I'll take care of it."

I stay standing up. "No, thank you. I'll stay standing up."

"Look." Jean starts. "I'm just speaking honestly here, kid. I think it's better than being some loud-mouthed braggart tough-guy wannabe, pretending he's not as piss-scared as the rest of us." Ok...he didn't have to say that to him.

Eren abruptly stands out of his chair. "Are you trying to pick a fight?"

"Stop it, you guys!" Marco tries.

"Yeah!" I shout, agreeing with Marco. "You guys shouldn't fight in here anyways!"

Ignoring mine and Marco's pleas, Jean agrees to the fight. "Alright, sure. It makes no difference to me."

So, Jean gets out of his seat and walks over to Eren, who was waiting out in the open and they just glare at each other.

Suddenly, a bell starts ringing, meaning everyone has to leave the dining hall and go to bed now.

I let out a breath of relief. I'm glad they didn't get the chance to start fighting one another. Are they always going to fight?

Jean sighs. "Hey. I apologize. I'm sorry for calling you names and dismissing your choice of career." He holds his hand out for Eren to shake. "Put her there, kid. Whaddaya say?"

"Right. Well, I'm sorry as well." Eren apologizes, but instead of shaking Jean's hand, he just slaps it and walks away, leaving the building. Mikasa soon stands up and attempts to leave the building to go after Eren, but is stopped by Jean.

I sigh and see that Mikasa left her bread in front of me. I guess she was intent on getting me to eat her bread, but I'm not going to eat it. I have something else in mind for its use.

I grab the bread off the table and dash out the door only to find Connie trying to reach for something on his back in a weird position and Jean just standing as still as a statue would.

"Connie...what are you doing?" I ask curiously.

"That jerk just wiped something on the back of my shirt!" He exclaims, still trying to reach the spot Jean supposedly wiped.

"I already told you." Jean starts. "It was just my trust."

"Your trust?" Connie asks. "You hardly even know me."

I roll my eyes in a playful way. "Then introduce yourselves."

"I'm sorry for doing that, man." Jean apologizes. "I'm Jean."

Connie shrugs and finally brings his hands down, standing upright. "Eh. Don't worry about it, I guess. I'm Connie."

Jean looks at me. "And you are..?"

"Oh!" I stick my hand out. "I'm Y/n. I'm sorry. That was rude of me."

He shakes my hand. "It's fine. Thanks for, uh, trying to get it through that friend of your's head that just because I'm not joining the Scouts, I'm useless."

I nod. "Oh. Of course! No one's useless! Eren just gets a certain way when he starts talking about the Titans."

"...what did I miss while I was gone?" Connie asks.

I look at him. "Long story short. You almost missed a fight between Eren and Jean, which I'm glad didn't happen."

"We would've gotten in trouble anyways." Jean remarks. "Night, you two!" He calls out, as he walks to the boy's lodging area.

"Goodnight!" I shout in reply, then turn to Connie. "I'll see you in the morning. I've got to go and find Sasha."

"Sasha?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. "Oh! You mean Potato Girl! Alright then. See ya tomorrow."

I smile softly. "Bye."

I run off the porch and head straight to the girl's lodging area. As I'm running there, I see a girl with blonde hair about my size making her way there too, so I stop beside her.

"Hi." I greet.

She looks over at me, looking a little startled. "Oh. Hello."

"I'm sorry if I scared you." I apologize.

She shakes her head. "No. It's fine."

I notice a jug of water in her hands. "Is that for Sasha?"

She nods. "Yes. I'm guessing your bread is for her too?"

I nod. "Yeah. I lost my meals privileges for tonight."

"Oh. So, you're Y/n?" She questions.

"Mhm." I hum. "If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?"

She looks out in front of us. "I'm Christa Lentz. I think we're staying in the same room."

I also look out in front of us. "Really? If we are, then I only know that it's you, Mikasa, Sasha, and I so far. We have two more girls staying with us though."

"I hope they're as kind as you've been to me already." She says.

I smile. "Thanks. Mikasa is really nice, once you get to know h-"

Suddenly, Christa and I are split apart and thrown to the ground. My hands are now empty and I can't see the bread anywhere in the dark.

I hear growling, so I look over and see a girl on all fours with the bread in her mouth. I realize that the girl is Sasha. She must've been really hungry.

She abruptly stands straight up, holding the bread in her hand. "It's bread!"

"I would've brought more, but I had my meal privileges taken away." I inform.

"Hang on." Christa says, picking up the jug of water. "Your mouth has to be so dry. You really should drink a little water first."

Suddenly, Sasha is down in front of Christa and I with a hand on both of our shoulders. "You! Both of you are goddesses, aren't you?! Oh! Glory unto you both!"

"I- no. I wasn't allowed to eat, so I thought I'd give the bread to someone who definitely would eat it." I reply.

"Hey. Just what are you three girls up to?" A new voice joins.

With gasps from both of us, Christa and I look over at the owner of the voice while Sasha eats her bread. It is a tall girl with tan skin and brown hair pulled back into a low ponytail.

"Well, uh..." I start.

"She's been running all day. She's had no food or water." Christa answers.

The girl nods. "I see. So, you two are trying to be 'nice,' huh?"

Sasha soon goes unconscious from eating so fast and falls back with her head landing in my lap.

"What's the point of breakin' the rules for Potato Girl?" The girl asks. "That mindless act of kindness gets you absolutely nowhere."

"We weren't breaking the rules though. I was the one with my food privileges taken away, not her." I reply.

The girl sighs. "Whatever..." She lifts Sasha off my lap. "Let's just get her to bed already."

"I'm confused." Christa blurts out. "Are you being nice now?"

The girl smirks at us. "I'm helping her, so that she'll owe me one in the future. I intend to make use of her stupidity." Christa and I get off the ground, following the girl to the girl's lodging area.

"That doesn't sound like a nice thing to do." I remark.

"Damn!" The girl exclaims. "Your parents must be a pair of goody two shoes, huh?"

I hang my head. "I wouldn't really know...they died when my brother and I were very young..."

"I'm so sorry to hear that." Christa says, laying a gentle hand on my arm.

The girl in front of us just clicks her tongue. "Well, that's life for ya. Let's get to bed."

"What's your name?" Christa blurts out.

The girl looks back at us. "I'll tell you mine if you both tell me yours."

"I'm Christa." Christa introduces.

"I'm Y/n. Nice to meet you." I greet. "Sasha and I are a little famous here, since we've already got in trouble with Shadis on the first day."

She hums. "Mmm...well, I'm Ymir." She lifts Sasha up a little more. "So, this is Sasha, right?"

Christa nods. "Yes. The famous 'Potato Girl.'"

"Who does that make you then?" Ymir asks, looking back at me. "The Angel?"

"What makes me an angel?" I ask, tilting my head a little.

"It's simple." Ymir replies. "Angels are suppose to be these super kind and caring beings, right?"

"Yeah. I see where you're going." Christa notes.

"Well, we've not even been here a day and you've already tried to help out your brother and you've helped Potato Girl here. So, you can be known as the Angel." Ymir finished.

"I see..." I nod slowly. "Wouldn't that make Christa an angel too?"

Ymir shrugs. "Yeah, sure. It's just you've acted even more like one so far."

"We can be the Blonde Angels!" Christa exclaims, grabbing a hold of my arm.

I gasp. "Yes!"

Ymir chuckles lightly. "Calm down, you two. We're here. Get changed and go to bed."

I walk inside to see Mikasa and the other girl were lodging with are asleep in their different bunks.

I hurriedly get changed into my sleeping gown and brush my hair and teeth. I walk back to where our bunks are and climb onto the bed under Mikasa, since we decided we wanted to share a bunk. It didn't take me long to drift off asleep when I closed my eyes.

A/N: Hey, cadets! The next chapter they start taking their aptitude test. Btw, Ymir will begin to like Y/n and Christa at the same time, but will mainly stay true to Christa.

Anyways, as always, please let me know if I'm not writing enough of someone. I hope you enjoyed. Bye, cadets!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 45 10
Eva Yeager grew up with her brother and adoptive sister in Wall Maria until it was attacked by titans. After it was attacked she joined her brother a...
151K 4K 15
Eren Jaeger has an older sister who joined the Scout Regiment against her mother and father's wishes. She leaves the Scouts to look after Armin, Eren...
2.9M 93.7K 76
Y/N has always strived to be her very best, In hope to make her parents proud. But starts to strive harder when her town, Shiganshina falls. She deci...
126 1 11
Start: 22 February 2024 End: ??? Since joining the Scouts, Y/N Braun kept a very important secret, she was a titan shifter, as well as her brother, R...