Lifeafter; The era of the Rev...

By BoundsNovel

(Art by me. Took me a while to do this. So this is the new book cover :3) Humanity has always been curious cr... More

Chapter 1: Survivor
Chapter 2: Encounter
Chapter 3: Rescued?
Chapter 4: End
Author notes and Comment section
Chapter 5: Rebirth
Chapter 6: New beginning
Chapter 7: Hordes
Chapter 8: Nemesis
Author note and comment section #2
Chapter 9: Memories...
Chapter 10: Redemption
Chapter 11: Reunion
Chapter 12: Camp Bound
Chapter 13: ???
The REAL Chapter 13: Mayor
Chapter 14: Breather.
Chapter 15: Resolve
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17: discovery...?
Authors note and comments #4
Chapter 18: disbelief
Chapter 19: Mistakes...
Chapter 20: Mayor
Chapter 21: Maniac
Chapter 22: Growth
Author note and comment section #5
Chapter 24: Panther...
chapter 25: New life
chapter 26: A change in era
Chapter 27; Future
Author's Note and Comment Section #6
Chapter 28: Scientia's Revelation
Chapter 29: Light in the Corolla
Chapter 30: Mother's domain.
Switching

Chapter 23

31 4 0
By BoundsNovel

The visible confusion on his face was a bit amusing. Had I really change that much within 2 months? Well I probably did. His expression confirmed it.

   "I should have known... you'd be the Revent Queen Soulen." He said with a little smile; his white teeth shining gently within the moonlight.

A small smile replied to his as I got off him and stretched my hand to help him up. He accepted and pulled himself off the ground before dusting his outfit.
   Seconds later, his eyes trailed down my outfit then at me.

      "What?" I asked innocently as he shook his head before scratching behind his neck.

"I am just in awe. You've become a beauty... uh... a deadly beauty I guess." He said holding his chin in thought as I poked him lightly on his forehead.

     "I haven't really killed in two months." I admitted. This took him aback as he rose a brow at my reply.

I could understand why. Most times whenever I was present, there was death and bodies piled around. And that was mainly caused by the killings of my revenants. But it mattered less to me as it didn't affect my goal to increase our strength and numbers.

   "What... are you doing here anyway..?" He asked me as I tilted my head to the side; contemplating on whether to tell him or not.

       "Collecting bodies. And if ya wondering what... well.." Just before I could finish my sentence, a voice called out.

  "Yo Eddie! You here?!" The rough male voice echoed through the sky as Eddie heaved a sigh.

  I vaguely remembered the voice. A memory from 2 months ago before I left of someone who made a dumb mistake before. What was his name...
   Just as I was debating on what his name was, a masculine figure slowly emerged from below. As it came forward, I took two steps back before jumping up to the hilltop behind me then quietly watched as he came up to Eddie.

   "Finally found you dude. We really need to start heading to the outpost close by. The scientist and the other survivor have started moving." He said with heavy breaths. He probably ran all the way here.

   He had the same assault armor that Eddie had with an electric arc at his back as a katana at his side. Some Grenades at his side as he brushed his blonde hair a bit. Was his hair always blonde? I couldn't remember. After all, our meeting wasn't a lasting memory. Yes.. the person below was Shariq. The same person that caused me to loose control because he shot me out of nowhere.

   Now of course I was no longer angry at him or held any grudges. However, causing a bit of scare into him right now would be fun.

   "Yeah yeah, I was about to make my way back" Eddie replied as he placed one hand on the tree nearby while he bent down to pick up his lead shotgun.

"You managed to get all the zombies that was chasing us. Nice one!" Shariq praised Eddie as he simply shook his head.

   "It wasn't me that killed them." Eddie admitted. This left Shariq confused.

"I did.." I said softly as Shariq looked up. Once he did, I lunched myself off the cliff.

    Before he could pull out his gun, I landed behind him and grabbed him from behind before flipping him to the ground. He groaned in pain as I walked around him before stopping at his head. I leaned down slightly as he slowly opened his eyes and met my gaze.

   "Hi there." I said as he froze for a few seconds.

"The Revent Queen..." he began before Eddie shrugged gently.

    "Remember Soulen? That's her." Eddie pointed out as Shariq shifted his gaze to him then at me.

  "Wait seriously??" He said after blinking multiple times. My smile didn't fade though. And my faintly glowing blue eyes illuminated gently.

      "It's been 2 month since that incident huh..." I started as he looked away with a guilty expression. I could see the color die out from his skin.

   "I guess you would still be angry about that." He said as he sat upright.

  "It's quite the opposite actually. I forgave you a long time ago." I said. You could see the relief in his eyes when I said so.

      As he got up, he dusted himself before looking down at me as I stared up at him. He walked around me, observing before crossing his arms and closed his eyes in thoughts. Eddie did something similar as well. What was up with that though. Was it because I had changed that much?

    "Honestly, I'm baffled. " he began before crossing both arms. "The description of the Revent Queen was slightly off. But I didn't expect it to be you Soulen." He said as I smiled a bit.

  "Slightly off?" I asked; curious as to what he meant.

"Well.... initially, The Information about the Revent Queen was that she was twice the size of a human and had blueish glowing eyes, vines around her and you couldn't see her face." He pointed out as I giggled gently.

      "Well that is terrifying. Even for me." I laughed gently. They both have an uneasy smile.  "So I sounded that scary huh... hah that would have been fun." I said before a thought popped in.

  "Could you two do me a favour?" I asked as they rose their brows. Since they were here. I could use this opportunity to teach my revenants.

   Minutes later, I had brought back Eddie and Shariq to the hideout of revenants through the hideout in Redwood town. They stared in awe at the giant tree that bloomed beautifully in the cave. It was a nice reaction. After all, they were the first humans to see it.
    After they gawked at it for a few more minutes, I took them up the stairs to the bar in the main lounge. As we made our way, the other revenants stared at them curiously. This made them very uneasy but to be honest, I was enjoying their nervousness here. Soon enough, all eyes had shifted away from them as we sat down at the bar.

    "This is insane...." Eddie said looking around in awe. I simply stayed quiet as I leaned on the table while in thought.

  "So... you called us both here.. why?" Shariq said as I looked at his gun and pointed at it.

     "I'd like you two to train my revenants on how to aim well with a gun." I said as they blinked twice. Shocked perhaps.

  "What do you mean? They don't know how to use a gun?" Eddie asked as I nodded gently.

    "That's interesting. I know they aren't humans but they do behave like one. I had suspected they'd at least be good with weapons." Shariq pointed out as I shrugged.

"It's complicated to explain. But let's just say them being reborn is like teaching a baby how to use walk. " I said as Shariq crossed his arms in thought.

      "I'll do it. I've been wanting to repay for my mistake 2 months ago." He said which caused me to smile a bit. Eddie heaved a sigh at that moment as well.

  "Fine. I'll help also. You did save my life. But we have to be quick. Cassei and the rest will be worried." He said which peaked my curiosity.

     "Eddie.. how's-"

"Tougz? He hasn't been himself since you left. However he is doing more in camp than he ever did." Eddie pointed out as I smiled a bit.

   "He sure misses you." Shariq said as I rubbed my left hand.

    I knew he'd miss me. But part of me believed he'd have found someone else already. I couldn't deny it. I missed him a lot. I wanted to see him again. But I still don't want to hurt anyone.
      I shook my head gently before standing up as my smile returned.

  "Alright boys. My revenants are in your care. Please don't be too harsh on them." I said as they nodded gently.

     For two days. Shariq and Eddie trains my revenants. Showing them tips and tricks while they were taught the types of weapons, trained their aiming and even taught them how to craft some. It was rather interesting to watch. Soon though, boredom swept in and my attention soon drifted back down with the tree.
I stared up at it before pulling out the golden ring necklace around my neck. The only thing left for me to remember my father. Surprisingly, one would have expected it to have been lost with all the chaos that had happened. But it was still with me: father was still watching over me.

    "I wonder if you'd be proud..." I said softly as I sat down before watching the tree gently.

   I've been living peaceful for a while now. It was getting boring. Despite that, I was afraid. Afraid of meeting mother and end up dying. Afraid of loosing control and killing people I cared about...
  There were times I actually wished I didn't stay alive. Maybe things would have been better if I was dead. Although, there were some good memories that I had made since I was given this second life.

      "Mistress.."

The deep voice of Zandolf snapped me back to reality as I slowly turned to face him. He gently helped me up as I smiled before facing the tree.

   "The two humans you brought have finished training the other revenants. They have nothing to teach them again." Zandof said as he bowed gently.

"Then it's time for them to head home." Well since we are close to Hope 101. We can just drop them off on the surface." I suggest as he nodded in agreement.

   With that, we both made our way upstairs and met up with Eddie and Zandolf who were laughing over a cup of beer.

    "You two seem to be in a good mood." I said with a small smile.

"You could say that. It's been a while we've taught anyone." Shariq said as I smiled.

      "Are you two ready to go?" I asked as Eddie nodded after downing his final shot.

  "Man I'm sorta gonna miss this place." Eddie said as he stood up and grabbed his gun. Shariq also finished his and grabbed his gun before they both made their way down to the tree.

       "We will see again soon." I said as they smiled.

  "Ah that reminds me. I should let Sohan know we are on our way back." He said before pulling out a communication device out of his back pocket.

       "Eddie reporting in do you read me?" He began as only static could be heard after.

    "Eddie reporting in. Sohan do you read me?" He said again and after a few seconds, I could hear Sohan's voice boom out.

   "Clear as the sky Eddie. What happened?" He asked as Eddie explained what had happened during redwood town.

   When he got to the part where we should have met, he completely changed the story. I felt grateful that he did that but to be honest, it wouldn't matter if he said he met me. No one knew the location of the revenants to begin with.

      "Well I'm glad ya okay. Cassei was getting worried. That being said, We just got news about black pearl castle." Sohan began as the topic peeked my interest.

  "They safely got most of the scientist and residents away but a few of them died at the process. The castle was really infested with infecteds and a few special infecteds were there." Sohan said as Eddie and Shariq heaved a sigh.

      "Casualties are expected. Anyway we can continue this once we return. See you soon." Shariq said as they cut the call off.

   "I know you'll probably head to the castle. Soulen, dread careful around black pearl. Idk how other infected see you." Shariq said as I smiled a bit more.

       "Do not worry. I can take care of myself." I replied as he heaved a sigh then smiled.

    Minutes later, I watched as the cocoon formed around them before slowly opening back. They were gone now, back at the surface close to Hope 101. It should be easier for them to make their way back to camp from there.

      "Zandolf, go get the rest of the team. We are heading to Black Pearl Castle." I instructed as he bowed gently and made his way upward.

   "Now that I think about it, I wonder if I'll ever meet other camp members." I said softly before staring at the tree again. Time would tell I suppose.

Time would tell....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 7.1K 50
~Thank you for the continued love for this series! I was 13 when I began this book, and am now taking the time to go back to completely rewrite it, a...
69 1 21
Hello, Logan here. It is 2021, and this is the first book that I ever wrote. It's shit. I'm publishing it back on Wattpad again so my friend can read...
3.4K 121 29
I trace my nails on my beloveds stomach, tracing the deep scars which were conceived out of hatred. I look up at him through my lashes "My love". He...
114K 4.9K 64
Who would've know that Call of Duty Zombies, YouTubers, and reality, don't mix well together. I figured this out as soon as the apocalypse hit. My n...