RWBY: Chains of Society (Blak...

By BoSoknJOC

[CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN. ON A SLIGHT HIATUS.] Chapter 1-8 are updated. Faunus. The backbone of society. Us... More

Chapter 1: [UPDATED] A Deal
Chapter 2: [UPDATED] Disconnected Family.
Chapter 3: [UPDATED] Glimmer of Hope
Chapter 4: [UPDATED] A Terrible Curiosity
Chapter 5: [UPDATED] New Life. New Teacher.
Chapter 6: [UPDATED] Cracks Forming
Chapter 8: [UPDATED] Judge.
Chapter 9: [UPDATED] Judge Part 2.

Chapter 7: [UPDATED] The Other Side of the Coin

671 9 2
By BoSoknJOC

Reed POV:

Well. Guess I can go to Glynda's class now. Those two will be doing their own thing so I don't think they'll mind. Not like anyone else is gonna be coming in here, right?

I knock on the door and open it slightly just so they can hear me.

Reed: "I'm going to Glynda's class now for a bit! Just to see what's going on here! Make sure this place is spotless for when I come back!"

Kali & Blake: "Yes Mister Reed!"

I sigh and head out of the dorm and...

Where am I going? I probably should have payed more attention to Ozpin and Glynda's tour. I don't imagine it'll be very hard to find out where I'm going though.
.
.
.
After a bit of searching, I finally come across Glynda's class.

COMBAT.

Combat? They have a combat class here? Odd.

I open the door and see most of the students at their desks in groups working on some kind of project. Glad I didn't just walk in on a lecture or something. I quickly make my way over to Glynda's desk and sit in a chair next to it.

Glynda: "Is Beacon treating you well so far?"

Reed: "Well, I haven't been here for long so I can't say for certain but it seems alright so far. I only just went to the cafeteria with the two just so they could eat."

Glynda: "Mhm..."

She looks uncomfortable. Is she thinking about the two? Feeling remorse for them? Are there more humans who care for the Faunus then I realized? Ozpin made it sound like no one did.

Glynda: "You came at an alright time. The kids here are just working on some group projects and I was getting a bit bored."

Oh yeah. That reminds me.

Reed: "Why does this place have a combat class? I know these schools used to be for huntsmen and training against those Grimm or whatever they were called. But we're in a time of peace now. So what're we doing with this?"

Glynda: "Peace doesn't mean nothing dangerous is out there. Besides, we're a prestigious academy. We make it their moneys worth here at Beacon."

So...they do it for mostly shits and giggles then. Sure I guess. But there's nothing out there that me and Tex can't handle. I look out into the other side of the class with all the students and notice Pyrrha and her friends again at one table.

She's looking very determined and focused on that blueprint in front of her. She looks away for a second from the thing and notices me. She gives me a smile and a little wave, not to distract her other group members.

Glynda: "Oh? You know her already?"

Reed: "Met at lunch. And before you say anything, I gave the two cover names. And I didn't say my last name either. I'm in the clear."

Glynda: "Good, good. Wouldn't want a mess to start on your first day here."

Reed: "Yeah. What're the blueprints for? What's the project?"

Glynda: "During the old times of Beacon during the Grimm era, the future huntsmen would actually create their weapons at schools before coming to this one. So anyone from Vale or Patch would have gone to Signal for their years, make their weapon their and then come to Beacon after graduating. Ozpin decided to bring back that old tradition."

Wait. So these kids are making their own weapons? Like...guns?

Reed: "So these guys are making and designing their own weapons for when they might need to defend themselves?"

Glynda: "Correct. We do have limits though. We only ever had someone have a rocket or a grenade launcher once. Ended up in a wheelchair for the rest of their life."

What an idiot.

Glynda: "But besides those limitations, they're free to do whatever as long as it's in the realm of possibility. There won't be any weapon/gun hybrids. Someone already asked about that..."

Hm. Well. I wouldn't need to do that. Tex is all I need. That rifle has put down some giant animals in seconds. It's very old looking though. Obviously I keep it clean and sparkly but the actual weapon looks like a western movie prop. But it acts FAR from a prop.

Pyrrha gets out of her seat and brings over a stapled stack of papers with images and a shit ton of words on it. God just looking at it is making me bored.

Pyrrha: "Here you are Ms Goodwitch."

Glynda takes the stack of papers and puts them into a folder with the classroom number on it. Pyrrha immediately takes my hand and looks at her again.

Pyrrha: "Can he come over to our table? We have all our stuff finished!"

I look over to Glynda and she makes eye contact with me. She sighs and nods to her. Pyrrha thanks her and pulls me over to her group at the table. I don't see Ren or Nora, just Jaune and the two sisters.

Seeing Yang and Ruby up close fills me with...sadness. Not even anger anymore. Seeing both of them here at this school shows that Mom and Dad put a lot of love into these two.

Guess there wasn't enough for a third.

Reed: "Where's Ren and Nora?"

Jaune: "Over at the computers. Nora is currently putting Ren through the patience gauntlet. I think I would've shot myself at this rate if I were him."

Hmm...agreed.

Pyrrha: "So tell us a bit about yourself Reed! We don't know much honestly."

Yeah just say my name next to Ruby and Yang why don't you...

Reed: "I don't remember much from my younger years. It's sort of repressed. But I've lived with those two girls and their family for awhile now. And I love the outdoors. I have this rifle at home, Tex, and she's a beauty. Anytime we wanted dinner and didn't have anything left in the fridge, I always volunteered to hunt. It gave me an excuse to sit out in the forest and use Tex. It's relaxing and quiet and that's what makes it so fun."

Jaune: "You live with those two? For awhile? You don't look much like them. What's with that?"

How am I gonna pull this off...

Reed: "My parents were arrested for a crime that to this day I'm still not fully aware of. But I don't think I care enough to fully investigate it. I was young so it doesn't mean much anymore..."

I can feel Rubys gaze from my right. I have my contacts on...so I should be okay for at least a little bit. And I hope this little story is enough for them to believe.

Pyrrha: "Awww...I'm really sorry to hear that Reed. But you know...we have a gun range where we occasionally test out weapons for class. Maybe we could see you use Tex in there? That would be awesome!"

From the corner of my eye I can see Yang look sort of angry at what Pyrrha said. Is she trying to be protective of me...?
.
.
.
Yang POV:

Don't flirt with my brother you slut...I don't need him to be hurt by more of us...

Reed: "Hm. Maybe. That could be fun. I've had the thing for a long long time now. Maybe the targets here will need an upgrade to handle my performance. But we'll need to wait anyways. I think Ozpin has sent some people over to this cabin I stay in sometimes to get my stuff over here."

I look over to Ruby during his conversation and see her looking down and hiding her face slightly from the others without making it obvious.

...shit...I need to do something...
.
.
.
Reed POV:

The bell rings and signals us to leave now. Everyone starts packing their stuff up and I go back over to Glynda's desk.

This is nice...having people to talk to. Even if Yang and Ruby are around them, it's still nice to have people that would want to talk to me. It's such an unfamiliar feeling.

???: "H-Hey."

...

Reed: "...what."

It's Yang. She's behind me.

Yang: "Can I talk with you for a second? Alone?"

I know where this is going.

Reed: "Sure...we can talk on the way to my dorm."

I leave Glynda's classroom and head back towards my dorm with Yang right behind me. We both walk a bit slower because I really don't want Kali and Blake to hear this.

Yang: "...I-I'm so sorry Reed..."
.
.
.
3rd person POV:

Reed: "How can you be sorry? You know what you did, how you treated me, how all of you treated me..."

Yang stops in her tracks and grabs my arm.

Yang: "Where did you go? How did you survive?"

Reed: "I found a cabin out in the forest that gave me a good little home. There was a weapon in there called Tex that I used to hunt for food. I then got little side jobs after I got a bit older and did both normal jobs and questionable ones that involved the use of my rifle. But why do you care? Trying to get on my good side so you can get me to go back there? To be neglected again? Maybe I'll be further punished. You guys should have just killed this useless little shit that I was..."

Yang looks into Reeds eyes, full of regret and sadness, her emotions overflowing from her. In contrast, Reeds eyes look dead and grey. He feels doomed to fall back into the hands of his old family.

Yang: "No...I'm doing this because I want to make things up to you...to be the big sister that you wanted...that you needed...that you never got and that I should've been..."

Reed: "What? Why? If you wanted to do that the whole time then why did you do what you did...?"

The inner dam in Yang bursts as she hugs Reed and buries her face into his neck, finally letting loose tears that have been building up for nearly a decade.

Yang: "I-I'm sorry! I don't know why I did it! I saw Mom and Dad do it so I thought it was okay...! After you ran away I was so full of regret and I finally realized how fucked it was! We all did! I never should have ignored you. I never should have treated you like that. I should have NEVER laid a finger on you...no one has been the same since you left. Our family is in shambles...and we're so sorry."

Now it was Reeds turn. He feels his mind and emotions becoming very overwhelming for him. He begins to cry but not out of happiness from hearing that his family regretted it.

No.

From fear. Overwhelming emotions.

He was crying in front of the dorm room now. Very quickly the door opens and out steps Kali with her hat on still.

Kali: "Mis- Reed! What's going on? Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

Kali puts a hand on Reeds back as he's held by Yang who has been hugging him since he started crying. She helps them both inside and quickly closes the door to get some privacy.
.
.
.
Yang POV:

While I should be focused on Reed crying, I can't help but be confused on who these two girls are. Where did they come from? Does he really live with them? And how does he know Ozpin?

Kali: "Hey...it's alright Reed. You're safe in here now."

Her voice is so...motherly.

As she rests him on her lap she turns towards me with a confused look on her face.

Kali: "What's your name miss?"

Shit...what do I do...

...

No.

I need to face the consequences. I won't get anything done without punishment...

Alright...here it goes.

Yang: "M-My name is Yang Xiao Long..."
.
.
.
Next Chapter: Judge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 1.4K 96
"Yang and Ruby were attacked and almost killed by three beowolves but qrow came just in time to save them" that's what was supposed to happen but wha...
40K 843 32
You are a Godzilla like Faunus. This is a Blake X Reader, Y/N, trapped with Merlot for 10 years after having your family killed, when team Rwby came...
21.3K 241 30
The title says it all. (Y/N) was a young boy when he learned about what happened to his mother. Several years later he gets accepted into Beacon wher...
117K 1.2K 16
Y/n has spent all of his life being treated like worthless trash, barely worth the oxygen he breathes. But after escaping an abusive home Y/n finds h...