Kya Maiden of the Sea Book 3...

By Stormweaver224

Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azu... More

Kya
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
End of the Beginning
Hi and Hello

Chapter 30

3K 83 12
By Stormweaver224

We all ended up going back to the beach house after a couple hours of searching. We just sat on the stairs waiting for Sokka to come back. 

"Judging by the looks on your faces I'm guessing you guys didn't find Aang, either," Sokka said as he landed with Appa.

"No," Zuko replied,"It's like he just disappeared,"

"Hey!" Toph sat up,"Wait a minute has anyone noticed that Momo's missing too?"

"Everyones just now noticed that?" I asked as they all looked at me as if I was crazy.

"You didn't bother to say anything?" Kaito said as I held my hands up in defense.

"Oh no! I knew it was only a matter of time! Appa ate Momo!" Sokka said dramatically climbing into Appa's mouth,"Momo, I'm coming for you buddy,"

"Sokka," I sighed at my twin brothers idiocy. 

"Momo's probably with Aang," Katara said.

"That's just what Appa wants you to think," Sokka replied

"Get out of the bison's mouth, Sokka!" Zuko demanded,"We have a real problem here, Aang, is nowhere to be found and the comet is only two days away,"

"What should we do, Zuko?" Katara asked, all of us turning out heads to him.

"I don't know," He replied and looked around before coming back to us who still kept eye contact with him,"Why are you all looking at me?"

"Well what have you been doing the past year?" I asked.

"Being an idiot," Zuko said plainly as I sighed.

"Yes but," I said,"You've also been good at tracking Aang,"

"Yea," Toph agreed,"If anyones has experience hunting the Avatar it's you,"

"So you got any ideas?" Kaito asked.

Zuko walked away, getting on Appa without saying another word. We all looked at each other before following him and taking off. 

"Zuko, I don't want to tell you how to do your job but why are we headed towards the Earth Kingdom? There's no way Aang's there," Sokka said confused.

"Just trust me," Zuko replied.

>>>

We arrived at an isolated tavern in the middle of no where. Inside cheers and the smell of heavy liquor boomed throughout the whole place. I softly covered one of my ears from the loud noises as we walked in. 

"And the reason you brought us to a seedy Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?" Katara asked.

"June," Zuko said pointed at the lady sitting in at the crowded table.

"Oh yeah, that weird bounty hunter with that giant mole!" Sokka said.

"Mole?" Kaito asked looking at the lady.

"She has this giant mole creature she rides around on," Sokka explained.

"A shirshu," I corrected.

"Ah," Kaito said understanding.

"It's the only animal that can track Aang's scent anywhere in the world. It's the one shot we have in finding him," Zuko added.

As we watched the brawl happening before us, June threw a man while gracefully catching her cup and sitting back down.

"I don't know who this June lady is but I like her!" Toph said with a big smile.

Kaito snickered at Toph's remark as we approached her.

"Hey, I remember she helped you attack us," Sokka said realizing how he recognizes June. 

"Yep back in the good old days," Zuko replied.

"Oh great its Prince Pouty," June said,"Where's your creepy grandpa?"

"He's my uncle and he's not here," Zuko responded.

She glanced at me,"I see you made up with your pretty girlfriend,"

Zuko blushed making me blush and softly clear my throat from the awkwardness. 

"So what do you want?" June asked drinking from her cup. 

"I need your help finding the Avatar," Zuko told June.

"Doesn't sound too fun,"

"Does the end of the world sound like fun?!" Zuko argued.

"Alright," June looked at me,"You sure a girl like you wants to be with someone like him?"

"Unfortunately," I joked as we walked out.

"Nyla,"June cooed as she tossed the shirishu a piece of steak, coddling the beast,"Who's my little snuffly wuffly?"

"Okay, so who's got something with the Avatar's scent on it?"

"I have Aang's staff," Katara said, holding it out for Nyla to sniff. The beast then walked around in a circle before whimpering, laying down and covering her nose.

"Whats exactly is that supposed to mean?" Kaito asked crossing her arms.

"It means your friend's gone," June answered.

"We know he's gone, that's why we're trying to find him," Toph said.

"No I mean, he's gone, gone," June said,"He doesn't exist,"

"What do you mean Aang doesn't exist?! Do you mean he's,,, you know, dead?" Sokka asked concerned.

"Nope, we can find him if he were dead, wow that's a real head scratcher, see ya,"

"Helpful, real helpful," Toph said.

"Wait," Zuko called out,"I have another idea, there's only one other person in this world who can help us face the Fire Lord, I'll be right back with the smell sample,"

Zuko came back with Iroh sandal which stank.

"You saved your uncle's sweaty sandal?" Sokka asked.

"I think it's kinda sweet," Toph said, crossing her arms.

"In a very very gross way," I said holding my forehead as a chill went down my spine from the stench.

"Don't forget disturbing," Kaito said gagging.

The shirishu ran off in a scent trail. We quickly hopped on Appa to follow before we lost their trail. I saw in the distance a large unmistakable wall.

"We're going to Ba Sing Se?" Zuko asked as I made Appa land.

"Your uncle's somewhere beyond the wall. Nyla is getting twitchy so it can't be too far," June said,"Good luck,"

I nodded as she ran off again. I looked at the wall of Ba Sing Se thinking about how the Fire Nation took it over.

"It's been a long day. Let's set up camp and start our search again at dawn," Zuko suggested to which we all agreed.

Zuko laid back as I looked down at him. I ran my hand across his cheek as he closed his eyes. I hummed a bit before I laid down next to him. He wrapped his body around mine, giving off a comfortable warmth. We fell asleep soon after.

>>>

Everyone suddenly woke up to a ring of fire surrounding Appa. Pakku, Jeong Jeong, Bumi and a man in a top knot stood infront of us.

"We'll look who's here," Bumi snorted. 

Sokka, Katara, and I all looked at each other with a large smile of relief. 

"What's going on? We're surrounded by old people," Toph asked

"Not just any old people," Katara said.

"These are powerful masters, and friends that we've made over the past year," I said walking over to Master Pakku.

"Master Pakku," Katara and I said in unison with a bow.

"It is respectful to bow to an old master," He said, returning the greeting, then sending us a smile,"But how about a hug for your new grandfather?"

"That's so exciting!" Katara said as we hugged him tightly,"You and Gran-Gran must have been so happy to have found each other again!"

"I made her a new betrothal necklace and everything,"

"Welcome to the family gramp gramp!" Sokka said jumping on Pakku in a hug. 

"You can still just call me Pakku,"

"How about gran-Pakku?!" Sokka suggested.

"No," Pakku answered.

"Congratulations," I smiled at Pakku who placed a hand on my shoulder.

"And this was Aang's first fire bending teacher," Katara said continuing the introduction.

"Jeong Jeong," Jeong Jeong said as Zuko and Kaito bowed. 

"I can't believe I have the chance to meet you again Master Jeong Jeong," Kaito smiled. 

"It's good to see you again Kaito," Jeong Jeong smiled. 

"You two know each other?" Zuko asked making me look to her too.

"It's kind of a long story," Kaito replied,"I'll tell you about it later," 

"Master Piandao," Sokka bowed at the other man.

"Hello Sokka," 

"Master Piandao, this is my sister, Kya," Sokka said,"Piandao was one the one who taught me swordsmanship,"

"It's a pleasure to meet you," I bowed,"I'm glad you were able to teach my brother during the time you spent together,"

"Maiden of the Sea," Master Piandao said returning me bow,"The pleasure is all mine,"

"So, wait. How do you old guys all know each other?" Suki said asking the real question.

"All old people know each other," Bumi replied,"Don't you know that?"

"We're all part of the same ancient secret society," Master Piandao said. "A group that transcends the divisions of the four nations,"

"The Order of the White Lotus," Zuko said looking at me then looking back.

"That's the one," Bumi told him.

"The White Lotus has always been about philosophy and beauty and truth," Jeong Jeong said continued,"But about a month ago a call went out that we were needed for something important,"

"It came from a Grand Lotus," Pakku said, looking at Zuko,"Your uncle, Iroh of the Fire Nation,"

My expression lit up hearing Iroh's name again. 

"Well, thats who were looking for," Toph said. 

"Then we'll take you to him," Master Piandao said.

"Wait!" Bumi said,"Someone's missing from your group, someone very important," He looked around,"Where's Momo?"

"He's gone and so is Aang," Sokka replied.

"Oh well," Bumi said in a shrug,"So long as they have each other, I'm sure we have nothing to worry about, let's go," He went off laughing like the mad man he is.

We followed quickly behind the group as Sokka asked how Bumi escaped imprisonment in Omashu.

"Omashu was taken over?" I asked a bit shocked, since it was new news to me.

"Yea," Kaito responded,"Mai's dad was actually the governor during that time,"

"Escape?" Bumi said confused,"I didn't escape. Everyone else escaped. There I was back in Omashu, waiting for just the right moment. I didn't know what or when, but I knew I'd know it when I knew it," 

"Is he a bit," Kaito whispered twirling a finger to the side of her head. 

"Oh definitely," I replied in a whisper. 

We listened as Bumi went on to explain how he retook Omashu on the day of the eclipse. 

"Wow," Suki said,"You took back your whole city all by yourself," 

"So what about you guys?" Bumi asked,"Did you do anything interesting on the day of the eclipse?" 

Sokka, Zuko, Kaito and I quickly looked at each other  before shrugging that day off. 

"Nah,"

"Uh uh," 

"No," 

"Not really," 

---

(A/N: Just wanted to say first of all sorry for the updates being a few hours later then I usually post :-: and second of all I'm working on a couple of drawings of Kya,, hoping to get them done before Book 3 finishes so yea. Hope you have a lovely day!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 900 29
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
869K 23K 78
***CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING*** Broken, filled with loss, pain, and anger of her people's death... she could only hope she had died with them. An Air B...
26.5K 669 56
In a raging war that has spanned over the course of a hundred years, all hopes of ending it and bringing balance to the world lay on the shoulders of...
75.4K 2.1K 18
With Yue's death fresh on the minds of the GAang, they struggle to come to terms with the hand they've been dealt, and the ways that they have to han...