An Introvert's Rebellion [Ken...

By justnevaeh14

After moving to Nekoma, Y/N goes through rebellious adventures, meeting friends and even a lover on the way... More

β€’ ooo β€’
β€’ oo1 β€’
β€’ oo2 β€’
β€’ oo3 β€’
β€’ oo4 β€’
β€’ oo5 β€’
β€’ oo6 β€’
β€’ oo7 β€’
β€’ oo8 β€’
β€’ oo9 β€’
β€’ o1o β€’
IMPORTANT
β€’ o11 β€’
β€’ o12 β€’
β€’ o13 β€’
β€’ o14 β€’
β€’ o15 β€’

β€’ o16 β€’

43 2 0
By justnevaeh14

(Unedited) - Word Count: 2291

Did You Have Fun?
ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ

Warning: This chapter contain's triggering and traumatic topic's concerning gun violence.

We all split up individually, going in our assigned direction's. I was to the downstair's east hallway. Kenma was going to the downstair's west hallway. Kuroo went upstair's east hallway, leaving Kou with the upstair's west hallway.

Obviously Kenma and I went upstair's to plant our trickery among the creepiest room's. There was about 5 room's down each hallway. The building only had about 4 hallway's. Only about 3 room's down my hallway would be rigged with my special tool's, since i hadn't brought very many. I wasn't sure what trick's Kenma ended up bringing, but of course when something would happen I'd know who's doing it was.

I opened the first door in my hallway and walked in slowly, admiring the neglected room. Inside sat a large round table in the center, with 6 chair's surrounding it. All of them were pushed in, providing the fact that the room was left away to waste. There was 2 desk's on either corner's of the room with round mirror's above them. A small chandelier sat above the center table, no power to light it though, leaving the room quite dim.

I sat a small speaker behind the left corner dresser and pulled out my phone to turn bluetooth on. I powered on the speaker and connected the two. I then pre-prepared some sound's to play on YouTube.

I skimmed a few more room's and set up a string trap with a can to pull when I was ready. Were they good prank's? No, but I'd still get a giggle from it. They were just harmless little jokes.

Eventually it came to the time where we'd meet back up at the middle. I managed to convince everyone that we should re-explore the place as a whole because i heard "weird noises." of course i was lying but they believed me anyway. They had pebble's for brain's.

We decided to start from the upstair's east hallway. I heard somewhere that if you stay to the right It'll prevent you from getting lost. I'm not really sure if that applies in this situation though.

As we scoured each room, Kuroo acted as a tour guide. Showing us each of the uninteresting thing's he had found when he searched it first. We found a room that looked to be a library. We found a room with boxes full of printer paper. Two of the room's were normal bedroom's, and the last room seemed to be an old broken down meth lab, which was the only cool room down this hallway.

Then we went down Kou's hallway. This hall was darker than Kuroo's was. I shined my flashlight down it. It was slightly creepy. I went first being a bit cautious. The floor creaked with each step i took. I opened the first door and shined my light in, to see a collection of porcelin doll's sitting in a display case.

"The fuck they got going on in here?" Kenma questioned.

"Right? This room scared the shit out of me when i came in." Kou retorted.

I shined my light more around the room only to discover the whole room was filled with them. Now I'm a firm believer in the paranormal, especially the idea that spirit's attach themself's to people and object's, so i made sure to make it a quick trip out of this room.

The next room Kou went in first, confidently. It was just an office. It had a few desk's and smashed computer's. There was document's sitting on the desks. I walked over to a file cabinet and opened it. There was a bunch of portfolio's of people who've died, along with their death certificate's.

"After all the room's I've seen here, i still can't figure out what this building was used for." Kou chuckled.

"Hey, maybe it's a multi-purpose building." Kuroo added.

'BADUM...'

"...What was that? No guy's I think we should leave. I'm getting a bad feeling." Kou spoke worridly.

"Relax, It's an old place. Something likely broke or fell." Kenma responded.

"Either way, if thing's are breaking on it's own, we should leave. I'm not tryna fall through the floor." Kuroo added.

"Okay, okay fine. How about we continue downstair's. Will that make you feel safer?" I told him.

"No, I feel like... sick. I think i need some fresh air." Kou gagged slightly, trying his best to keep whatever he had for dinner down. He seemed to be being genuine.

"Alright, let's go outside for a second." I sighed.

We all jumped out of the window and sat on the grass in front of the place. It was dark and gloomy out, but somehow, I found peace in it. I slowly inhaled the scent of of wet grass and clean air. This, this was why I enjoyed going against the rules. Moment's like these. It would be a shame to miss them just to earn a few cooperation point's.

I used to follow the rules and follow command's like a dog. I kept to myself, and sat pretty. I did my own thing, and that was okay, as long as I listened to the rules the world had set in place. When I met my first girlfriend, i learned that i can make my own rules, as long as I didn't get caught.

She was my eye opener. She was my first heartbreak. She was sloppy. She got caught, and it costed her own life. She was the start to, An Introvert's rebellion.

After she passed, Kou stood by my side, making sure i didnt lose my value's, or myself for that matter, out of fear. Death is scary, especially when you're just the one watching. Kou was alway's rebellious. He showed me his tip's and trick's when he found out my past-time activities. Kou taught me, It may be harder, but at least...

"It's better out here." Kou said out of the blue, calmly.

"Do you think you're good to go back in?" Kenma questioned.

Kou hesitated. "Yeah. A little jawn falling ain't that scary." He finally smiled.

I smiled at my brother's brightness, and we all got up and returned inside.

Next was Kenma's hall. Both mine and his hallway's were completely pitch black, so hopefully that would give us some leverage on our jokes.

Kenma isn't really a prank person per say, so I was slightly nervous he'd get us caught before we got the chance to get to my hall, but I had faith in him.

We walked down toward's the first door. I shined my flashlight around the hall, taking in my surrounding's. His hall was much neater than mine. There was broken furniture and dust all over the floor's in mine. Meanwhile his had polished wood counter's filling in the blank area's where the door's weren't occupying the space. Beautiful painting's hung on the wall's, giving the illusion that it wasn't as empty as it truly was. This place must've been gorgeous when it was clean, and within it's fullest potential.

As i finally strode up to the brown wood door, my flashlight created a glare on the gold handle. I reached out for the handle. 

'PST'

I whipped my head around. Everybody else was already looking behind themself's as well.

"You're not funny Kuroo." Kou deadpanned.

Kuroo just giggled quietly, wrapping his arm around kou's neck, rubbing his knuckle into Kou's already dishelved hair. Kou sighed playfully, quickly pecking Kuroo's lip's before heading into the room in front of us. 

We looked around and i nearly cried at the pure beauty of the room. Nature and plant's filled the room. a few small bean bag's lined up on the ground, atop a beige carpet. It was a meditation room.

"You know what this room would be great for?" I smiled wickedly.

"Ouija board." I finished my thought.

'KNOW KNOCK' Sounded the door.

I jumped. I quickly regained my composure, looking to Kenma, only to see he was already side eying me with a slight smirk on his face.

"Shit! What was that!?" Kuroo shouted.

'KNOCK' This one was fainter. 

I smiled looking at Kenma once more, but he was looking at the door, wide eyed.

"Who was that!" Kou shouted at the door, hoping to get through to whoever he assumed was out there. They all pressed their ear's up to the door, hoping for a response of some sort. Or perhap's they were hoping for validation that it was just nothing.

I walked up behind them, when the floorboard's creaked from outside of the room. Kenma put his hand back, and in front of me to stop me from walking.

"Let's check." Kuroo stated.

"Babe no. Don't you know this is how every horror movie start's?" Kou complained.

"Guy's. It's literally nothing. Look." I swiftly opened the door, shining my flashlight down both end's of the hallway before looking and them with a deadpanned expression. Kou stood in the doorstep and looked down the hallway, once more.

"Okay..." Kou said. "Let's just go play your stupid board." 

We closed the door and returned to the middle of the room, setting up the bean bag's in a circle around the Ouija board. We all sat down and started to get comfy. 

"Alright. Does everybody know how to play?" I asked while grabbing the planchet from the box to set on the board. Nod's and verbal sound's of agreement came from the three boy's.

'Flick.' 

We all froze. A ray of light now shone on the floor, peeking from under the door. The hallway had light turned on.

"I thought this place had no electricity?" I asked rhetorically.

Kenma hopped up from his beanbag, swinging the door open, to see the hallway fully illuminated. We all got up and went out to check with Kenma. 

We stood in the middle of the hallway for nearly a minute.

A loud bang sounded around the hall and a white light clouded my vision. 

i crouched down swiftly and threw my arms over my head, out of instinct. My ears rang and the smell of sulfur and gunpowder became suffocating. My lung's ached as the air became thicker to swallow.. My mouth went dry and my body stiffened. Too loud.

A hallow thud was heard to my left. I turned my head to the sound. My breath hitched. My skin ran completely cold. In that moment, time felt like slow motion. In that moment it felt as though my heart had stopped beating completely. Who knows? Maybe it did. In that moment it became clear to everyone, that we should've never came here tonight.

It became clear that we had been caught.

Kou's body laid sprawled out beside me, eye's wide, and unblinking. A hole, dead center between his eyebrows. His mouth agape. The color in my face grew pale, and my stomach sank through the floor and to the pit's of hell. I never felt so disconnected from my body.

"Kou!!" Kuroo screamed painfully. He scurried toward Kou's body taking his wrist in hand. He went to check his pulse, which clearly wouldn't be there. Kenma pulled Kuroo by the arm to the left wall of the hallway, as a few more gunshots rang out.

"We gotta go!!" Kenma shouted as he attempted to pull Kuroo off the ground.

"No! We have to help Kou!" He argued with tears streaming down his face.

I knew though, that carrying a 200 pound man who works out regularly while dodging bullets wouldn't end too well for us. I wanted to. I wanted to at least try, so bad. He had a family he needed to get home to. I needed to go home with him and laugh about how fun this trip was. I needed to go home with him and laugh at how stupid my cheap, dumb trick's were.

Regardless, I got up and ran towards Kuroo grabbing the front of his shirt and pulling him with me down the hall. Kuroo scrambled to his feet as to not fall over, as I dragged him. Kenma followed suit. Snot ran from my nose and hot tears flowed from my eyes.

I shoved Kuroo out the window first to make sure he didn't go back and then jumped out, slightly stumbling. I wiped my tears and hiccuped while running.

We hopped in the car as fast as we could. Kenma started and drove the car faster than I've ever seen him do anything. He looked the most focused on the road, and salty droplets droplets dripped from his chin.

I could hear Kuroo sobbing uncontrollably from the backseat. I pulled my phone out and called the police, informing them of the location of the, not so deserted building we broke into, and the body they would find there.

A/N- AHH IM ALIVE. I'm sorry for making y'all wait so long just for this shit. 💀 Let me just sayyy!! This chapter took so damn long for me to decide what to do. I wanted to really plan the last few chapter's thoroughly so i made sure that this chapter would be able to lead us to smooth sails for a suitable ending. I'd say there's about 2-5 chapter's left before this book comes to a close. Can you believe I've been making this shitty book for a year? 😭 

I just want to thank everyone for the endless support I've recieved on this book. I'm not entirely proud of it, I think I could've done way better, but this was my first book after all. I cringe when I read back but I haven't gotten any complaint's from anyone so I decided to keep making it regardless. Every interaction from you guy's on this book means the absolute world to me.🫶🏼 The fact that this has over 1k read's, is just mind boggling to me. Once again, Thank you all so much. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 10.5K 18
"can i call you pudding?" "please dont" β€’A story in which a young game developer mysteriously falls in love with her nΒΊ1 fan ~ THIS STORY SHOULD BE G...
1.2K 57 21
Kozume Kenma x femreader In which you cross paths with Kenma one day while you were walking in the streets on Tokyo. You caught his eye, captured his...
171K 4.3K 45
in where a extrovert gamer joins a Discord friends GC for fun. But soon enough they notice that maybe they're not only Discord and Gaming friends. I...
551K 21.8K 32
ɴᴇᴑ α΄˜α΄€α΄„-ᴍᴀɴ Κ€α΄€Ι΄α΄‹Ιͺɴɒꜱ: 1. α΄‹α΄α΄…α΄’α΄œα΄‹α΄‡Ι΄ 2. α΄˜α΄‡Ι’ΚœΙͺκœ±α΄α΄‹α΄€.2020 "𝐈'𝐌 π†πŽπˆππ† π“πŽ 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐀 π’π€ππ†π–πŽπŽ πˆπ… π“π‡πˆπ’ 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐑 πŠπ„π„ππ’ π’π“π„π€π‹πˆ...