Ice Breathing/氷の呼吸 (A Demon S...

By fumigumi

This story is set in a parallel world where Kanzaki Aoi passed the final selection and kept fighting demons d... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXVI
<3
Final
Extra

XXV

546 24 4
By fumigumi

I thought this went without saying but PLEASE do not post the chapters of this fanfic anywhere else. (Currently should only be available on AO3 and Wattpad). I do not appreciate that.

🐗🦋

The snow that formed from her cold blood was also wrapped around nearby members.

While it harmed Muzan and sealed his movements, Tanjiro's cramps were disappearing from the coldness.

Inosuke and Zenitsu felt the pain from their wounds numbed.

Aoi unleashed a bigger attack than she anticipated.

The effect on her body was too much.

She recovered whatever she could, unintentionally getting back her auditory perception.

Grunts and screams of agony was all that was left to hear.

The love hashira's voice.

Then the wind hashira's movements.

Aoi could finally see the light as the sun was rising. She couldn't even force her body to move under the closest shade.

It's all up to them now.

"Everyone!! Just keep holding out!"

Agonizing sounds came from everywhere.

She finally let go of her weapon to cover her ears.

Not even an ounce of strength left to destroy my eardrums.

"Aoi,"

Two voices. Familiar, unfamiliar gentle voices. She'd gotten used to their voices but it was so unusual for them to be simultaneously gentle.

"Zenitsu-san.. Inosuke...."

They took her under the nearest shelter. Saving her just as she had done for them.

"Thank you."

"We're the ones who should thank Aoi-chan." Zenitsu said before leaving to help.

Inosuke also gave her a serious look. "I'll be right back."

Yushiro, also avoiding the sun, arrived at her side.

It was a shame that they wouldn't be able to witness Muzan's death.

It was a shame that they go out there and attack him a hundred more times.

All she could do was to grasp Yushiro's hand as they, along with everyone else, prayed it would be over.

Please die.

You could hear the commotion outside of everyone doing whatever they could.

All they could do was worry when they heard people screaming together in agony.

It felt like the longest minute ever.

Then it sounded like a triumphant chorus.

Grant my wish, Kamad-

It was only when the invisible link she had to Muzan was cut that she could catch her breath.

"Muzan is dead."

Yushiro confirmed.

Kanzaki Aoi was exhausted; she could no longer stop the tears from falling.

Is it really over?

Can I mourn everyone now?

Can we celebrate our victory?

Yushiro let go of her hand to help her body get better faster.

"You should use it now. All your limbs are in place. It'll be painful but if it was effective on Nezuko, it might also work on you. You know what I'm talking about, right?"

She nodded and he helped her sit up. Crying was going to be endless once she started so she held back.

She wiped her sweat with what was left of her haori sleeve then reached for the single syringe that would turn her back into a human.

I'm alive. Who else is?

"Anyone who can move!"

".....Giyuu-san?"

"Grab your weapons and get over here now!!"

"What's going on out there?"

Aoi, who was just about to use the needle, hesitated because the uneasiness in her chest never completely went away even when her mind was severed from Muzan.

"Tanjiro has been turned into a demon!! Keep him under the sun and-"

Aoi didn't hear the next words. Yushiro's eyes widened and so did hers.

Tanjiro is..

"Kanzaki!! Where the hell are you going?!" She left Yushiro and tried to get to the source of the new disturbance.

The syringe was in her hand right hand.

Of course. This medicine was entrusted to me and this arm was returned so I can finish my purpose.

I have to turn Kamado Tanjiro back into a human.

The sun wouldn't kill him. He comes from a family that uses sun breathing, after all.

She stopped in her tracks upon seeing Nezuko.

The human Nezuko. She was speaking full sentences and expressing genuine emotion.

What once was a demon they couldn't trust to be on their side had returned to the normal sister everyone wanted to live.

It worked.

Since this is made by the same person, this will work too.

She prepared herself for a long step. Make it count.

One last time using Ice breathing.

She took a long inhale.

"5th form."

She paused to look at the faces of everyone she treasured.

Tomioka Giyuu. Her precious teacher, father and brother.

Kamado Tanjiro. Someone who became the light of every demon hunter. Their flame of hope.

Goto-san. Agatsuma Zenitsu. Tsuyuri Kanao.

Wait, where is Kanao?

She began seeing different faces. Shinobu's and Genya's. Her parents'. She took it as a signal to move.

"Avalanche."

Her skill only gave the illusion that she wasn't burning under the sun.

Tanjiro, who was now pinned on the ground by Nezuko and Aoi, had digged his nails deep in her ears.

Another long silence. Maybe the people important to her was saying her name? Too bad all she could hear were her own thoughts.

Three demons and just one syringe left? This is the easiest choice I've ever had to make.

She exhaled a cold breath then squeezed the medicine in Tanjiro's arm before collapsing on the ground beside him. She could feel people dragging her and trying to cover her but it was no use.

Her body and mind was becoming one with nothingness except for the hot stinging from her right arm.

I wonder where I'll end up in the afterlife.

Her eyesight became hazy but she doesn't let her eyelids fall in fear that she may never open them again.

Inosuke was supporting her upper body with his arms, unable to accept the situation. Her eyes were tired and scared. He felt her strong presence slowly wavering like how the other hashiras did before they died.

I'd never seen Inosuke cry this close. I want to ask his where he put his mask. It probably reeks of blood. I need to wash it when we get home.

Ah, I can't.

Someone will eventually teach him to do his own laundry.

Laundry..

This haori is all messed up.

Sorry, Rengoku-san. I completely ruined your old haori.

The pain she felt was replaced with a cold numbness. She wondered if in the patients she couldn't save in the past also felt this way during their last moments.

-

"It's strange.."

Her volume and pronounciation was strange.

Like she couldn't control her own voice.

Tanjiro had calmed down for now thanks to whatever Aoi gave him.

"When did you become so important to me?"

Her eyes were open and they wouldn't look away from mine.

"Hashibira Inosuke. Even when you're crying, you're still the prettiest person I've ever met."

Her palm was cold but I didn't flinch when she pressed it against my cheek.

"I wanted to live and give back the same happiness you make me feel.."

"You're not going to die." I say helplessly, "The great Inosuke isn't giving you the permission to-"

She cuts me off and laughs to herself, "Like a normal couple."

Her hearing is gone. That explained the blood pouring from her ears.

"Thank you for letting me experience a new kind of love."

That strict midget wouldn't hear me and roll her eyes if I said tempura hashira.

I can't properly thank this strong girl for keeping me and my friends alive countless times.

I can't tell her how much her laugh makes me feel safe.

I can't tell her how pretty her smile was at the moment.

"Do you know what a marriage is?"

I knew what wives were because of the Sound Hashira but I was never interested in it. I didn't need 3 girls at my side all the time.

"It's when people promise to stay with each other for a long, long time....... I'd like to get married to you."

She wouldn't hear me even if I told her everything I was feeling.

There was a way to let her know.

It startled the both of us but when the kiss had ended, we wished it lasted a bit longer.

Inosuke sensed her aura spark alive for a moment before it gradually went back to slipping away from him.

"Was that my birthday gift?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 13K 30
"So tell me, Aoi - tell me, why do you, a person who doesn't even want to lift a sword, can make a strong man like me feel sick and weak without you...
88.9K 3.3K 22
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, a girl with spider powers gets stuck in a universe and can't leave. As she tries to survive and figure out how to...
16K 341 44
After getting his demon slayer mark, he was destined to die at the age of 25. He looks around, Tanjiro is with Kanao, Inosuke is with Aoi and even th...
291K 10.6K 42
[Hashibira Inosuke x Reader] Born in a world riddled with demons and a thirst for revenge, you take it into your own hands to find the one behind you...