Reincarnated Archon || Venti...

By igobrrrr

A thousand years ago, there were 8 archons instead of 7 but after the ancient war in Teyvat the 8th archon Va... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Thank you
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 - Bloodshed
Chapter 23 - A soul returning to the winds
Chapter 25- The End

Chapter 24- Retrieval of souls

846 19 55
By igobrrrr

Cold air suddenly filled the room. Your body hair stood on its ends. A tall figure appeared and slowly emerged from the shadows.

"Who dares to steal my gnosis!?" The tall figure yelled.

You and the rest stood in a stance, ready for another fight. The temperature might be a hassle for all of you. The person introduced themselves as the Tsaritsa, the archon that governs Snezhnaya.

"Y/n? You're that amazing god! How did you come back alive?" The Tsaritsa asked.

"How do you know me?" You asked, suspicious of the Tsaritsa.

"I've heard your ballads from the bard!" She replied. "You're amazing! I honestly admire you a lot! You were able to stand up against Celestia when you didn't comply with destroying Khaneriah."

Flashback

"I object to this!" You yelled.

"Y/n! Don't! You know what happens if you object to it! Please think twice!" Venti held your arm looking at you intensely. Those eyes are begging you not to do it.

"Let go!" You shook him off and looked straight at the Celestia gods. "I won't destroy a nation that was built purely by humans with no involvement of us. It means human life can sustain without us! They are innovating things that we can't do! Isn't that amazing!? I would not wipe out a nation with amazing prospects like this! If you want to destroy it just because all of you have a superior complex. Then that's your problem."

You walked away from the Celestia hearing room. You would never destroy something that has positive potential.

"This rook! How dare you talk to us like this! Don't turn your back on us!" One of the Celestia gods yelled.

"We will destroy your nation right after we destroy Khaneri'ah!" Another yelled.

"Y/n! Please don't!" Venti started chasing after you towards the big door.

"Barbatos, unless you want yours to end up like hers?" Another god loudly spoke.

"Step out and we will do the same to your nation," A higher-pitched voice came after.

Venti did not want to see Mondstadt whom he loves so much be brought to ruins, just because of his feelings for you. He swiftly walked back to his original spot. The meeting went according to the Celestia gods' schedule.

"Prepare the materials I have asked you to!" You yelled at your servants.

"Y/n-sama did you go against Celestia?" Shi Hui asked.

"Yes. I don't want my people's bodies to be ruined and terrorize teyvat. I know a way to protect them. Let's start preparing the items," You replied and headed into your supply room.

End of flashback

"Why are you collecting the gnosis?" You firmly asked.

"I want to rebel against Celestia. I hate it...so please give the gnosis back," Tsaritsa replied.

"No. I wasted a life trying to get this from you," you gripped tight the gnosis looking at the Tsaritsa.

"I know a way to bring him back from the dead!" Tsaritsa yelled desperately for the gnosis as she needs it so badly. "Only you can do it! You need to plant 50 blue spider lilies in a vast garden. And use this compass to track down his soul across Teyvat. Collect 50 and trap the soul fragments into the flower! Plant it down and he will come back! I promise it will work! I've studied this and done this before!"

"But please Y/n, I need the gnosis after you have finished the quest. Please! I need it to rebel against Celestia!"She briefly added.

You did not even bat an eye at her request. A part of you wanted to say sure, but another part wants to say no and lop off that pretty head of hers. Akemi rushed to your side and asked, "What are you planning to do now?"

"Fix my idiotic mistake. Let's go back to the greenhouse first. I need to produce some flowers," you replied with the tiniest bit of anger in your tone.

"Hey Tsaritsa, after collecting all of the souls and putting them in the flowers, what's next?" You asked, as you turned around and came back for the spell that slipped out of your mind.

"I will send over the book to your greenhouse in two weeks! I will put the page number for the spell with a note attached to it," Tsaritsa responded calmly.

You disappeared with Akemi back to your house. Your servants immediately asked how the journey went, but you walked past them giving them the cold shoulder. You walked around the house with your old memories back. You remembered every room here. You rushed to an empty garden and labelled it as 'Do not enter'. It's the room you will be using to (hopefully) revive Venti.

You prepared a knife and pricked your finger. You immediately cast the spell and the plant limped over with various dark shades of green. Your skills are a bit rusty, but that is okay because your next try was perfect. You uprooted the withered plant and placed it aside to let it be used as fertilizer for other plants.

Every day you made five flowers. One flower is already enough to sap one-fifth of your energy. With each day going by fast. It was already two weeks and the spell book was delivered the moment you woke up. You were relieved to see the book. You skimmed the pages until the page you have been finding appeared in front of your eyes. You read the page slowly making sure not to leave out any information.

You thought up a plan to get back here quickly too. What if you just used a spell to open a portal from the location you collected the souls, and it is connected to your home? It would be a lot more convenient. You began to wonder if you knew the spell. You immediately ransacked your brain, finding every last existing brain cell to help you.

"Here goes nothing. Destination: my kitchen!" You commanded and opened a portal to your kitchen. It seems like it would only work if you have an image of the place or have frequently visited the place.

Everything is set in place. You are prepared with the skills, five blue spider Lily, extra essentials and a travel bag. You are ready to go! You took out the compass and put his gnosis in the middle. The gnosis disappeared into the compass.

'The item will not be retrievable until all souls are retrieved.' The compass let out a voice before marking a mark on the map it depicted to you. Your first destination seemed to be in Mondstadt, a big building, at dawn winery.

"This drunk god...even comes here after his death...oh it seems like there are at least five parts of his soul in this area. I'm off to a great start!" You smiled.

You followed the compass and it expected you to go into this big mansion. Fortunately, you have your old self back which means you know a ton of spells. You made yourself invisible to entities, which means you can walk through walls like a ghost. You walked around the house following the needle's lead. You found the wine storage area. Venti's five souls were hovering around the dandelion wine barrels. Talk about an addict.

You took out five blue spider lilies and the souls were immediately drawn towards them. You hopped into your portal and planted down the spider lilies and carried ten more with you as you opened the portal again.

The next spot was in a domain. You have never visited this one before in your last few memories. You entered the domain with precaution. It seems normal at first glance until a bulk of arrows came flying at you, had you not fallen backwards your mission would have failed. You calmed your nerves down telling yourself that you would not make the mistake again (hopefully).

You picked yourself up and scanned every entity of this place. You noticed your god powers turned to dust when you used them in the domain. On the other hand, your elemental powers were stronger than ever. You walked along the cold, hard ground as you heard nothing but a few hilichurl noises, looking over the half of your height fence on the side of the pathway. A long endless abyss with black vines coming from the end of the bottom of the land that you will be walking on.

You could not feel your legs when you looked down. You turned away and looked at your surroundings to calm your rising nerves. You walked into a doorless room with a built-in elevator. Once the elevator felt a weight on its platform, it rose with the wind current carrying it up. The hilichurls rushed towards you the moment you arrived at the platform.

Hilichurls...those were people once. I don't really dare to harm them. My nation went down with theirs.

An overwhelming amount of sadness came over your memories of five hundred years ago. The meteor shower that came down on that certain night. You covered your eyes not wanting to see yourself killing those monsters who were once humans that you spared.

"Attack them...-" your voice cracked without believing your own words. "-go my vines."

The people that seemed to have potential in their human life, turned into monsters make your heart hurt. You moved to the next area as you climbed the never-ending stairs. You panted only climbing halfway with your legs giving up on you. There is one thing you hate: Stairs. You continued to climb and climb....why does it take forever? You arrived at the top, extremely tired. You rest at the corner of the area as beads of sweat roll down your face and body.

You moved towards the flower that looked like an innocent Cecelia. As you were about to pick up the flower and suddenly it multiplied its' size by 2000 times, it is almost a  Regisvine-like flower. You were taken aback by the monster as this was your first time seeing a Cecelia monster.

You looked around the flower while it attacked you, hoping to look for an opening. You wondered what would happen if you got rid of those buds shielded by the petals in the middle of the flower. You yelled at the flower and it immediately slammed its flower head towards you. You ripped off two of the buds in the middle.

Is it sensitive to sound? The reaction time when I yelled and when it heard my footsteps were far apart.

You saw a reaction to the flower after you ripped two of its buds. Its stem held its head low and shook its head a little. You used the same tactic and yanked out more buds off their face. Time and time again the same tactic was used and finally, the flower turned to stone and turned to fine dust. (Another one bites the dust.)

Beneath the dust, came flying ten of his souls. Was it worth it? Yes definitely for ten. You exited the room with confidence and felt happy about the cut down running and climbing for his soul. You searched high and low for his souls, climbed every spot of Mondstadt to collect his soul: the statue of sevens, Mondstadt city, mountains after mountains, Stormterror's lair, apple trees and Mare Jivari.

His soul can travel far...this is not even in Mondstadt.

The Mare Jivari is a domain in Teyvat, located near a desert on the opposite end of the continent from Mondstadt. It is described as a 'sea of ashes where the wind does not blow,' and contains a sea of scorching lava. (Wikipedia)

"25/50...god damn it now I have to head down to Li Yue," you sighed.

It has been three months already walking, running and climbing around Mondstadt. You bet it would take another three months to find the other twenty-five fragments. You cracked your neck and fingers. It feels good after cracking them. You have so many complaints on the spots his souls flew to. You had to fight a whole ass rock dragon baby and after another round of walking, a whole ass adult rock dragon.

"FUCK YOU MORAX!" You yelled and pointed a middle finger in the air. Specifically two middle fingers.

"Remaining souls: two. Location: greenhouse basement," The compass noted.

"My house? Ha...at least this kid makes my life easier..." You smiled. "I should go get wine for him. In a way to celebrate his return. I will let loose the wine policy for a while."

You teleported back to Mondstadt's dawn winery. You immediately noticed the red-haired bartender you met almost a year ago walking into the big mansion. It seems like he is the young master of this place. You take a second to admire the green scenery. What a beautiful landscape he has made. A smile made its way into your lips as your eyes softened.

"You're honestly the biggest idiot I have ever met," you mumbled as a tear rolled down your cheek.

"Are you here to buy some wine?" The receptionist asked as soon as you walked in.

"Yes, how much would two barrels of dandelion wine be?" You asked.

"That would be...$$$$... it's quite a heavy young miss. How are you bringing it back?" The receptionist asked.

"Magic. Anyway here's the payment," you spawned the amount to pay for the price.

Money making spells...illegal magic you learned. Of course, you did not get caught by your father learning this. You waited for the barrels to come in. In a matter of minutes, it came in and you lifted it with your magic. You opened up a portal to your home and the barrels followed you in. The workers assume you are a powerful mage.

"I'm back!" You yelled.

You heard an elephant thumping from afar as it grew louder and louder you were starting to get confused about who is that with a heavy foot.

"Y/n! Why!" Akemi suddenly came rushing towards you. "Why! Do you have a flight of stairs endlessly going up!? Why are they so long and high up there!?"

"Oh, the stairs are actually for decor. You aren't supposed to climb them. The left short lamp on the first floor is supposed to teleport you up to the entrance. Just twist the head of the lamp and it will teleport you up," you replied with giggles cracked in between your words.

"WHAT!? So I climbed all those stairs for nothing!?" She yelled.

"So how many calories have you burned?" You cackled.

"Y/n...!—" Akemi noticed the barrels behind you. "—what's that?"

"Two barrels of dandelion wine. I need two more souls before I complete this quest. So I bought some wine to celebrate his return soon," you replied as you traced your hand on top of the barrel top.

"I will put these away for you. Go and finish the quest!" Akemi cheered.

You smiled to have such a supportive best friend. Though the old food goddess would not come back, the new one is the split image of her. You wished she had the memories both of you spent over the last two thousand five hundred years. Maybe there would be something both of you can talk about. You pulled out the compass again and it said 'greenhouse basement.' you head down the staircase to your basement and try following the compass. You ended up in front of your study room. You were confused but then it hit you that there was a secret room. You pulled down two scrolls from two ends of the room near a table. The table is placed in between two scrolls and has paint brushes, ink, papers and some empty scrolls for further writing.

The room looked the same as if it was the first time you brought Venti here at eight hundred years old. It was like it was frozen in time. Once you pull down the vibrant scrolls. You pushed a hidden button behind the left scroll. The wall that looks like a wall to any ordinary eye becomes a door.

The memories between you and him flooded in like a flash flood. You see illusions of your younger self having fun with him in the past. You stood at the big old tree as tears came out uncontrollably. You lost control of your emotions this was the place only you and him knew where both of you did the funniest and weirdest things together. The place where your feelings grew to the point you would die for him.

You want to lose yourself at this moment for letting him die like that. Where everything was right there but you could not reach it at all. You thought everything was at the palm of your hands but it slipped right out of it when you least expected it. Where have you gone wrong? And when? It's so scary that the world is so unpredictable. One second you will be high but the next second you could be on the low. Have you ever felt that...readers? Have you felt that you don't know what to do next?

"I'm so sorry... I'm sorry for being so dumb and naive...I promise I will bring you back from the dead! I am willing to sacrifice an arm and a leg!" You yelled as you put your forehead on the bark of the tree.

You took out the last two spider lilies and two last souls came in. You rushed off to the room where you kept the other forty-eight flowers. You quickly flipped open the book in a hurried manner as the crispy sound of pages was repeated again and again.

Your servants walked in on you unexpectedly as they wanted to report something to you. They watched you start the spell as you followed what the book said and cast the spell. The souls slowly arranged themselves in a circular manner and ran after another slowly as they increased their speed and turned into a big green luminous orb.

You slowly brought it down and started the orb slowly creating a flat figure of his. You could see it weakening from time to time telling you that your powers are not enough.

"Y/n-sama! We understand that you want to bring him back but please don't overexert yourself!" Shi Hui reminded you.

"What if he doesn't want you anymore after he's revived?" Cheng Xiang asked worriedly.

Shi Hui shot a dirty look at Cheng Xiang. Your heart dropped, concerned about what you heard. You saw his figure nearly disappearing and immediately cheered yourself up.

"It's fine, he can count this as an apology gift for breaking his heart. I should return the favour. I am the floral archon after all. I can produce these flowers, I can revive him......I can strain myself just for him," You said and focused on your magic. You stopped one hand and spawned in a knife. You cut a wound on the palm of your left hand and used your mouth to hold the handle of the small knife and cut the right palm.

The blood enhances your magic more as you see the forming of his body. The shape of his face, the length of his torso, and the length of his arms and legs were made as to the colours of his skin and hair settled in. However, you felt your left eye slowly blur, but you never cared about it until this process would be over.

"Bring in some clothes now!" You ordered and the two servants scurried off as per your orders.

The pigmentation of his skin and hair suddenly rushed to meet one another from end to end until the body was full of pigmentation. Your magic slowly faded as the spell was done more or less. The servants immediately dressed his naked body and grabbed a first aid kit for your hands.

"Wow...you revived him," Shi Hui said in shock.

"It seems like he grew on the y axis when he was dead," Akemi remarked.

"His shoulders are wider and his hands are bigger," Shi Hui remarked.

"His hair grew longer too!" Akemi remarked.

The two of them commented on the changes in his body like the length of his arms or his hair. All you care about right now is your left eye. You could see clearly with your right eye but your left eye seemed blurred. After Cheng Xiang finished bandaging your hands you sat beside his body hoping he would wake up soon.

You slept on the table they provided for a few nights with your overwhelmed body. You watched him daily doing state affairs on a table while continuously checking for movement, hoping he would wake up one day.

What felt like deep slumber for him was disturbed by his overexcited consciousness that finally made him crack open his eyes. His gnosis was shot out of the compass. Your body jolted out of excitement and dropped your work immediately.

"Where am I?" He asked.

"Venti! You're fine! Oh my gosh, I'm so glad the revival spells work!" You hugged him, never wanting to let go of him.

This time you would not want to let go. All of a sudden he pushed you away with a confused look on his face.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" He asked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 619 33
Just when the job market starts drying up, the Octavinelle trio takes an interest in you. Taken from my Oneshots/stories collection. Cover art by me.
107K 3.4K 19
" you're no good for me, but baby, i want you. " or in which benny mercer has two serial killing best friends obsessed with him billy l. x m!oc × stu...
3K 98 6
ကျွန်တော့်ဘဝမှာ အချစ်ဆိုတာကို နားမလည်ခင်ကရော နားလည်ပြီးတော့ရော သိတာဟာ တစ်ခုထဲပဲ အဲ့တာ ကိုကို့ကို ကျွန်တော့နားမှာပဲရှိစေချင်တယ်။ကျွန်တော် ကိုကို့ကို ခ...
10.7K 516 42
A fairly rational reader who was mysteriously teleported to someplace called Devildom and now you have to survive amongst chaotic demons and angels a...