Kya Maiden of the Sea Book 3...

By Stormweaver224

Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azu... More

Kya
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
End of the Beginning
Hi and Hello

Chapter 4

3.9K 107 4
By Stormweaver224

We arrived to the docks as Ty Lee jumped out in excitement. After the long boat ride I was starting to get used to Ty Lee's cute nature. It was weird to believe one of her closest friends were Kaito, Mai and Azula. Although Kaito and I also got used to each other's presence, she wouldn't stare at me with hate like Mai or have a commanding glare like Azula. It was weird, I felt like I could understand her when I knew nothing about her. Which was also concerning, considering her and Azula seemed to be the closest, but they also seemed the most distant if you payed close enough attention.

The old twins greeted us at a relatively small beach home that seemed to be theirs. As we walked in I could definitely confirm it was their beach house.

"It smells like old lady in here," Zuko said.

"Agreed," I bluntly said as I slightly disgusted my face at the decor and strong overpowering scent of flowers.

Ty Lee asked about a painting with two young girls. It was the twins when they were younger as they recreated the same pose. I half covered my eyes and sneezed softly at the large whiff of flowers. Zuko gagged as I opened my eyes again from the sneeze and looked over at me. We shared the same face of disgust and discontent. I'm so glad Sokka and I aren't identical like these two weirdos.

Kaito snickered under her breath, I looked at her as she cleared her throat and straightened herself before she followed behind Azula.

The beach decor reached all the way to the room we were all staying in. Their royals and aristocrats yet were all lumped together in the same room. Things are clearly well thought before coming here. The only person who seemed to not be bothered was Ty Lee who jumped onto a bed. Mai grumbled at the situation as I sighed leaning back into the wall as I sat on the floor. Kaito joined me, a sigh also escaping her lips.

"You might as well just bear with it," Kaito said in a whisper to me.

I looked at her confused, why is she trying to talk to me like this? But I nodded.

"Who said I wasn't?" I whispered back.

She raised her brows as the twins entered the room.

"We know that you're upset that you were forced to come here this weekend," A twin spoke

"But Ember Island is a magical place. Keep an open mind," The other continued

"Give it a chance,"

"And it can help you understand yourselves and each other," They said in unison

"The beach has a special way," One said picking up a smooth rock then passing it to the other.

"Of smoothening even the most ragged edges,"

"Time to hit the beach!" They said as they ripped off their robes exposing their swimwear.

I jumped on the inside in shock, blinking a few times to try and process what I just witnessed. Kaito groaned digging her face into her knees and Mai covered Zuko's eyes with one hand.

I thought I was traumatized enough, but little by little I keep being proved wrong.

"Aren't you going to change?" Mai coldly said throwing the clothes Azula got for me at my head.

"Why should I?" I lightly hissed back.

Mai hated me, and I get why she did. But I wasn't going to let her step all over me because of Zuko.

"Come on! It's the beach, I thought you would love this!" Ty Lee said begginly.

"It's not like we're going to let you stay here alone. You might end up having some fun," Kaito responded as she stood up.

The way Kaito spoke to me was completely different from how she acted. In a way, I was reminded of myself. Either way I looked to Azula, who nodded at me. I sighed as I picked up the clothes. I might as well try and act like I care. Azula believes we have a deal. I have to keep it up until I can escape.

"Zuzu be a dear and step out so Kya can change," Azula said to her brother.

"Huh?" Zuko said confused.

"What want me to change with you here?" I asked straightforwardly.

Kaito stifled a laugh, making everyone looked at her weirdly. She cleared her throat as everyone then acted like nothing happened.

Weird.

"I'll be outside," Zuko said quickly before rushing out the door, making Azula also stifled a laugh.

I changed in the room as the girls talked amongst themselves occasionally looking over at me. I had never been around other girls that weren't my sister for this long. So I was of course uncomfortable, but it's not like I could say anything.

"I know I said this before but you look so pretty in that swimsuit!" Ty Lee giggled, causing me to look down.

It was definitely revealing but deep down I thought it also looked nice.

"Here," Kaito said handing me a sheer cloth to wrap around as a skirt. She was a lot nicer then she let on, but no one seemed to really care.

"Thanks," I said with a small smile. This little speck of warmth made me feel a bit better.

Zuko walked back into the room blushing at the sight of me in the two piece swimsuit. I rolled my eyes as we left the beach house.

Azula and I had an unspoken agreement that I wouldn't escape. It was that or she shot lightning as me and I would prefer to stay alive. We talked about bending and she said it was fine knowing that I couldn't bend for over a day's journey to reach land again, as long as no one else but the group saw. I was okay with that. At least I could do something with water again. I was deprived from not being able to bend.

Reaching the beach as my feet met the soft silky sand I actually felt happy. I no longer felt the overbearing need to survive but just feel the beach and take in the salty air. I touched my necklace as I walked towards the shoreline. It was like I could finally breathe for a moment. I looked a bit too excited since Zuko took notice. He walked closer to me.

"Do you wanna go in?" He asked.

I nodded as I jumped in without a second of hesitation. The ocean engulfed me as I smiled under the water. I came back up as Zuko watched, he just stood there watching me from the shore.

"Aren't you coming in?" I said,"I'm not going to kill you if that's what you're wondering,"

I looked around to see if anyone was watching, especially Azula. As much as she said she was fine with me bending I was still cautious, but she was too busy tormenting a poor little boy and his sand castle. I grabbed Zuko's ankle and yanked him into the water. I stifled a laugh when I saw his eyes widen before being thrown into the water.

"Kya!" Zuko yelled annoyedly, which made me laugh.

I felt genuinely excited for a split second as adrenaline rushed through me. I hid the waves that I was creating under the water and would swim right into them splashing Zuko in the process.

"You said you wouldn't try to kill me!" Zuko yelled out.

"A little water never hurt anyone," I snickered.

"Waves keep crashing into me!" Zuko yelled again trying to reach where I was.

"Then swim," I smirked.

Waves kept coming our way as Zuko yelled every time a big one came crashing into him. I couldn't stop smiling for some reason, maybe it was the oceans way of telling me I was going to be okay. I didn't know. All I knew was that the cool refreshing salty waters felt amazing. I looked to the shore as Zuko got swept under by another wave. Kaito watched from where the other girls were.

"Do you want to join?" I asked.

She looked around before pointing at herself, I nodded. She looked to Azula who wasn't paying attention to her before jumping into the water. I sent another big wave as Kaito and I successfully swam through it. I could see a small smile creep onto her face, she really did remind me of myself. A strange thought sparked in my head, maybe I could actually find a friend in this chaos.

I gasped, happily taking a breath of air, and running my fingers through my hair. Zuko watched me softly as he coughed on water after being attacked wave after wave. I smiled and swam towards him and patted his chest to let the remaining seawater come out. He smiled to me, a smile which I didn't return.

Kaito, Zuko and I raced back to shore, well we never said it was a competition but we all knew it was. I patted myself on the back as I made it first to shore letting myself calm down from the excitement and returning to my usual expressionless self. Practically as if I was snapped out of a daze. I sat back down onto my towel observing the others.

"Thank you," Kaito said softly, just enough for me to hear.

I looked at her and nodded, she looked relaxed. She usually never says anything particularly kind to me, standing up straight with her chin up wherever she goes, but now she's bent over and enjoying the warm sand after a swim in the water. It was like she was opening her eyes after a long sleep. I shook my head, turning to see the others, Mai read a book under her towel, Azula was relaxing under the sun, and Ty Lee was surrounded by guys who were drooling over her. It all seemed typical to who they were.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.7K 1.9K 18
With Yue's death fresh on the minds of the GAang, they struggle to come to terms with the hand they've been dealt, and the ways that they have to han...
273K 6.8K 36
Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being misunderstood. She sensitive but holds a f...
294K 9.8K 96
Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were filled with life and the land with love, b...
48.8K 1.4K 22
Book II Water, earth, fire, air Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony, then everything changed when the fire nation attacked. Only t...