Arknights: My Special Investi...

By TheLazyYu

Though i am just lowkey journalist, i was tasked to head towards Lungmen City to conduct a special interview... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (Important news also)
(Chapter 8)
(Bonus)
(Chapter 9)
(Chapter 10)
(Chapter 11)
(Chapter 12)
(Chapter 13)
(Chapter 14)
(Chapter 15)
(Chapter 16)
(Chapter 17)
(Chapter 18)
(Chapter 19)
(Chapter 20)
Reaper
(Chapter 21)
(Chapter 22)
(Chapter 23)
(Chapter 25)
(Chapter 26)
(Chapter 27)
(Chapter 28)
(Chapter 29)
(Chapter 30) What made me do this

(Chapter 24)

675 16 0
By TheLazyYu

Ch'en sprinted forwards quickly drawing Chi Xiao attempted to slash him.

Another blade met her sword, as the lung furrowed her eyebrows recognising the figure.

She finally found that person. The one that drives her to become a powerful warrior in attempt to protect her one and only kin left.

Yet standing in her way was that person as well.

"Talulah!"

The draco knocks her back a few meters, flames shrouded on her body showing dominance. "About time you show up." Solomon sarcastically greeted his pawn.

"Apologies if i may be late. Had to deal with pests that kept bothering your plans."

The king of mages summoned a special sword. A sword that may always bring victory to wars from another world.

"Excalibur." He mumbled and the spirit origin slowly materialized in his hand.

The Kylin, along with Yuuji and Lucas got on their stance getting ready for an all out exchange.

"Leave these three to me."

"Your call."

!!!

The moment Talulah blinked. Ch'en was already back on her feet. "This time I'll stop you!" Ch'en started to go aggressive dealing blows with the draco. Even with that long blade the draco carries. Her strength thanks to Kaschey's lingering arts is still powering her up.

"Incinerate!"

"Cut through!"

In swift motion. Ch'en sheathed the red coated sword (not muramasa ik lol) then draws it at a perfect time dispelling the arts.

"What?" Talulah was surprised as Ch'en's specialized sword was giving her a hard time.

Talulah raised her left hand. Fire coursing through her veins, then slammed it down creating wall of flames blocking her path.

"Not this time!" Ch'en grits her teeth. The sword glowed in a crimson color unleashing arts.

!!!

Changing the grip into a dagger hold. The lung swipes a horizontal slash. Cutting it cleanly.

From her left hand. She pulls out her spare sword and attempt to wound her but.

*Clang*

The draco read her movements and caught her sharp blade at her hand, no wound, no blood gushing out.

"What?"

"Snap into a slim jim."

The blade shatters thanks to the heat and applied pressure, this made Ch'en lost her balance on the left leg and the draco kicked her in the chest sending the lung down to the ground.

"Guh!" Ch'en spat some blood off from her mouth and wipes it off. She didn't see that move of her sister was a feint earlier.

"Hah!" Running forward Talulah decided to create a ring fire imprisoning Ch'en around.

"Ahh!" She groaned to how hot it was. Sweat started to rain all over body.

"Bloom Flower of Frost!"

Flower made from ice formed at the ground as the flames slowly died dow. The investigator glanced back and saw FrostNova struggling to even stand up properly.

"Ch'en she needs medical attention!" Leizi yelled as they were having a hard time fending off Solomon.

"You really grew strong Lucas. But still not enough to surpass me."

"I could say the same for you. But only relying on that divine sword you used."

It's pretty obvious that everyone can see it divinity. Based on the appearance alone. Mostly a holy light similar to the Sanktas.

His nodachi was an advantage because of it's lightness. That his able to block all attacks from the sword of Victory.

As well as his partner Yuuji giving Solomon a hard time from the bullets he kept firing.

"Leizi, you go and take care of FrostNova. We'll be fine here just go!" Lucas yelled as the kylin stopped giving support and went to tend the weak cautus.

"You're not going anywhere." Talulah commands her flames to block their escape route when Ch'en used Shadowless and cut the flames off.

"I'm your opponent right now Talulah"

"Insolence. Little sister."

"I don't want to hear that from you, you hag."

"I'm just 3 years older than you. All these years and she has a loud mouth."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Is that all?" Solomon taunted as Lucas was running out of breath.

"I'm not done yet!" Lucas grinned and tighten his grip at the nodachi. Meanwhile Yuuji has ran out of bullets as he tossed the handgun down and switched to a combat knife.

The lupo used a gesture to the rookie to used their secret plan. Which the blonde boy nods.

"Now!"

The lupo disappeared and got behind Solomon ready to shank him "This ferocity." The king felt and knew what kind of technique he used.

!!!

He caught Yuuji's hand and thrown him off the ground. Meanwhile Lucas was already in his face. Blade inches away from his cheek. "At this rate!"

Lucas glanced to the left and predicted of what's about to happen.

Solomon was already gone from his position and was at the zone where Lucas look at.

"I let my guard down." The king's sword disappeared and looks at the boy who kept glaring at him.

"So you can also use it as well." Lucas speak up as the false king chuckled. "Anything is possible for me. For i am Solomon the wise king."

"Faker..." Lucas mumbled as Solomon smiled. "So you have doubts. Was it because you have knowldege of it? Or we you just sucking up your gut."

"In simple terms. You're just a bullshit." The kid gave an annoying grin pissing of the mage.

"Kinda agree with you there buddy." The lupo nods and look at their enemy who just laughed.

"Talulah, it's time to pull out."

The draco raised an eyebrow at Solomon and sighed. "That's quite ironic for you to say that."

"I didn't mean it like that, furthermore I'd like this topic dropped." Inside his mask he gave a weird look to Talulah. Well not like they'll see his face though.

"As for you Lupo, that presence concealment took me by surprise. So that operator is still alive and started to spread his teachings."

Yuuji stood up there silently. "Well whatever after all your also a potential candidate for this ritual as well."

"Lucas my boy, i will certainly take back what's really mine. For now i must go as the fruit that i planted is still not ripe."

"Solomon, what drove you to this? My mentor wants to know your reason of creating a new catastrophe."

Solomon smiled as he knew who the lupo is talking about. "It is not a catastrophe, but a salvation. And such sacrifices are needed."

Ch'en was disgusted at this man. For all he speak about are nothing but deception. "Tell Ghost, that this world made me tired. Therefore i want to create a world full of equality. No discrimination, and no sufferings."

A magic circle formed beneath Talulah's foot. It starts to light up as the spirit of the two are slowly fading. "We'll meet again Ch'en."

"And once we make contact. I won't hesitate to cut you down." The lung replied putting her sword inside the scabbard.

"For my last parting gift. I think you'll enjoy this." Solomon said snappinh his fingers as the foundation of the pillars slowly cracked.

"We have to get out of here now!" Ch'en said as she lead their way out followed by the Lupo.

Though Lucas stayed there for a second until Solomon spoke up before fading. "Adieu Lucas."

Filled by annoyance. The rookie followed his seniors out and got out in time before the ruins collapsed.

"This is Leizi head towards the checkpoint set up by Rhodes not far from here. We'll discuss our next move." They received a suggestion from the Kylin as Ch'en responded.

"Copy, we'll heard there soon as possible." Then she turned to Yuuji and stated. "So you knew Ghost?"

"Yeah, sorry for finding out, but it's his order as the mentor of the assassins. Also it's for Lucas safety."

"We'll piece every of the information we got once we regroup. What i worry today is FrostNova's health."

"Agreed. Let's not kept them waiting." Licas agreed to Yuuji's decision as they made their way to the checkpoint.

Meanwhile

Solomon and Talulah arrived back to their real base. After all, that site they were in earlier was a bait.

"What made you hesitate this time Solomon?" While she kept a glaring look at the king. The ringleaders showed up to report their missions. "Ah leader, you've returned." Mephisto gave his usual grin.

"I trusts that you all completed the tasks that i gave you?"

"Yes, you're highness." Faust, Crownslayer, Mephisto, Skullshatterer, and even Patriot knelt down.

"How about that double agent?"

"Apologies but she escaped from our grasp." Patriot answered as Solomon knew how dangerous that sarkaz is.

"No matter, you may take your leave, and be prepared for the next move." The king ordered as they left his presence.

"Apologies Talulah, but Timewatch is hindering my actions when it comes to that cautus."

"Timewatch, what does that operator have to do with you?"

Talulah wondered if this king is screwing with her. But knowing his sincere way of speaking. She couldn't find holes of his lies.

"I observed his memories that's why. Making me more stronger than before."

"Doubt? Heh. I'm used to it, but like i told you Magic is much stronger than Arts." Solomon chuckled as he summoned different swords including Timrwatch's arsenals, which are the gun-blades.

"To believe, you must first see, am i right?"

"Timewatch conscious was fused into me. If i dare to lay a hand on that cautus. He will not hesitate to take control and destroy everything what I've planned." Solomon explained as the draco then retraced her memory when Kaschey was was still in her body.

"Then why not use that dagger to erase him out." She suggested.

"Reaper will also be erased, do you want that?" He gave a but answer as the draco froze.

"Sorry Talulah, but you aint the one deciding my way of things."

Walking towards the table he popped out a bottle of champagne, and poured a glass for each of them.

This king was a liar. That's all he was...

A fake...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"As i feared your pushing yourself too much." Shining said as they finished using her arts to the white cautus.

"Well if I don't then how will i find justice for him."

"Miss Yelena, i told you before that whatever happens you will follow my instructions." Rhodes leader. Amiya apporached concerned.

"Apologies, but I couldn't stop myself." Yelena couldn't help but make an excuse.

"Leizi and Hoshiguma were from a distance observing them as Ch'en with the others arrived.

"How is she?" Lucas inquired.

The two ladies look at each other, before giving an answer. "Kal'tsit may be the one to give the right response."

The oni said and the right time the lynx was there to give her answer.

"5 days ago. We found out that she's pregnant."

"WHAT?!" Ch'en, Lucas and, Yuuji were both startled to the news. "She had already showed signs of symptoms, vomiting, a sudden attack of nausea, headache, and lack of stamina."

"Then why didn't you stop her?"

"She needs to learn of the consequences. Endangering the child because of stress and strong movements, by now she must have realisy it."

Without further a do, the lung went towards the cautus and stared at her.

"Going to scold me as well, heh. Go on, belittle me you lung."

Ch'en gave a deep sigh, then lightly flicks her forehead. "Just leave this to us. You go and take care of Ryo's gift."

Yelena sofly scratches her forehead and gave a smile. "You better not let those words be words then."

Lucas bitterly smiled if that child was born, the probably Yelena will have a hard time raising that kid by itself.

Reminds him of the past, that he was left alone. His father abandoned him very unexpected. Grew up with no fatherly love. And that child will be the same way if it's born.

"Solomon..."

He mumbled then raised his head up high then reach his hand up and balled his fist.

"I'll definitely make you pay."

To be continued

Sorry for the delay writer's block at this book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 214 19
The story will start just before the prologue, some events will be different than in the game. I'll try to keep in close with the story...also, actua...
244 6 6
Following the death of his brother and sister, a man named Dark Crow searches the world to find their killers, But after killing the man, he found th...
382K 12.7K 35
Inazuma, my home, the place I was born and raised, the place I desperately want to leave. Dont get me wrong, it cool and all in here, but Baal, the...
1.8K 8 12
You are (Y/N). You are the Ultimate Journalist but have another talent you try to hide. When everything was starting to go wrong you started to loose...