Changes (Mike Wheeler x Read...

By WheelerEuqhoria

You're the new student of Hawkins Middle School. You happen to make friends with a girl named Max. You guys b... More

Chapter 1: Skateboarder
Chapter 2: Understanding Each Other
Chapter 3: Pollywogs and Arguments
Chapter 4: Catching The Pollywog
Chaper 5: Nothing Ever Happens
Chapter 6: Follow the Map
Chapter 7: The Mind Flayer
Chapter 8: The Mind Flayer Pt. 2
Chapter 9: The Gate
Get Ready!
Chapter 1 (S3): Suzie, Do You Copy
Chapter 2 (S3): The Mall Rats
Chapter 3 (S3): The Case of the Missing Lifeguard
Chapter 4 (S3): The Sauna Test
Chapter 5 (S3): The Flayed
Chapter 6 (S3): E Pluribus Unum
Chapter 7 (S3): The Bite
IMPORTANT! READ!!
Just a little A/N
Chapter 8 (S3): The Battle of StarcourtπŸŽ†πŸŽ‡
What do you guys think?

Chapter 1 (S4): The Hellfire Club

2.1K 57 64
By WheelerEuqhoria

Lenora Hills, California
March 21, 1986

Dear Mike,

Today is day 185. It feels more like ten years, but Joyce says time is funny like that. She says that just to make me feel better but i can't help it. Emotions make time feel sped up or slowed down.

This week I've been so busy. I have to make something called a visual aid. I'm hoping I will get an A but my project looks like a kindergartner's. El's and Will's looks better than mine, but we'll see what happens.

Some exciting news! Joyce got an amazing new job! She gets to work at home. She says she loves the freedom, but honestly I can tell even this job stresses her out. But you know, Joyce always stresses.

Will has been painting a lot, but he never shows anyone what he's working on. Maybe it's for a girl. I'm not sure but i definitely think there's somebody he likes, because he's been acting weird.

Jonathan is acting weird also. At first I just assumed it was because he still hasn't gotten used to the new environment or that he's worrying about college. He's still waiting for his letter. Not too long ago, I saw smoke from his room. I couldn't tell what it could be, but after I asked him about it and he looked all nervous, I think I caught the memo.

This also brings me to the topic of his friend Argyle.
He's been driving us to school in his pizza van. His hair is even longer than mine! He and Jonathan smoke together. I made the mistake of telling El and Will that Jonathan was smoking and when El asked him about the "smelly plants" , Jonathan told us that the plants are super safe because they come from the earth, but to not tell Joyce. I'm not naive.

Me? I'm twice as happy now! You were right. It just takes time. I think we're all finally adapting. At first, I missed all the flowers but now I find it pretty here too. I even like school now! It's not the same as it was back in Hawkins, obviously because I miss everyone, but I think everyday I get more used to it. I'm trying my best to do well in math and El's grammar is getting better now.

I know I can always count on El and Will but it also helps that everyone is so nice here. I made lots of friends! Even so, I am ready for Spring break, mostly because I get to see you. I'm so excited to see you, I can barely hold in my excitement! Are you excited too? I think you'll love it here like me. I think we'll have the best spring break ever. I miss you.

Love, Y/N

Third Person P.O.V

Y/N sighed in satisfaction after finishing her letter to Mike. After leaving Hawkins, Y/N was nervous that Mike might forget about her and not any send letters, but they've been sending them back and forth ever since we got to California. Y/N only wished she was always truthful to Mike in her letters. She told him multiple lies about her having a lot of friends at school. She just didn't want him to worry. She want him to be relieved knowing she's "happy".

El and Will haven't been having the best time either. None of them have made new friends. That's why the three of us are always together. Even if other people weren't pick at me, they'd pick at El and Y/N wouldn't want to hangout with anybody who disrespects the people she cares about. Y/N isn't always confrontational for herself but she can't stand aside and just let El get bullied all the time. Meeting new people is harder than it looks...

She miss everyone at Hawkins. She miss Hopper too... They didn't get to properly say goodbye to him. Y/N bet s all our friends are happy together back home. At least she hopes they are.

HONK HONK

Just on time. Anytime they hear honking outside our house in the morning, they know it's Argyle out there. A pizza delivery van isn't the most ideal way to get to school, but they don't have a lot of options. Y/N quickly put her letter in an envelope and write an address. She left it on the table like she usually does so that Joyce can mail it for her later.

El, Will and Y/N grab their projects and head out the door. While walking past Jonathan, Y/N smelt the smell of weed on him. She doesn't know how Joyce still hasn't caught on yet. Y/N thinks it's obvious. He seems so out of the loop at times.

As they all settled into the van, Argyle got ready to start driving. "Hold on to your butts, brochachos."
Argyle said before speeding off out of the driveway. Y/N could have sworn she heard Joyce yell something as they drove off but she just ignored it.

Y/N looked out the window as they drove. She really has gotten used to the different scenery of California. She may not like it as much as Hawkins, but there'll always be a bias.

As they pulled up near the school, the three teenagers got themselves ready. "We'll be here to pick you guys up later, okay?" Jonathan said turning around to look at them. They all replied with "yes" and said their goodbyes as they exited the van. The three of them walked together down the halls while carrying their projects.

A girl in a pink dress walked in their direction waving her hand. Y/N knew she couldn't have been waving to them, but nonetheless El smiled and waved back at the girl only to realize she was saying hi to somebody behind them. Even though El couldn't make friends, Y/N admired that El was always trying to be enthusiastic and open to new people. Y/N wishes she was like that sometimes.

As they walked in, they squeezed between other students to get to their seats. Y/N took a deep breath trying to mentally prepare herself for her presentation. She hates speaking in front of the class

Figuring out who to pick for her project was hard enough. She couldn't think of anybody she considered a hero to her. Of course there's millions of people in the world, but she didn't want to pick just anybody to talk about that she doesn't really care for or has an interest in. After two days of thinking, she finally figured out who is the most like a hero to her.

Hopper.

Y/N wanted to to talk about how much Hopper has done for everybody but then she felt guilty. She felt guilty that she was doing a whole project about Hopper and how much he means to her but then she remembered her father. She still believes that her father's death was her fault. She didn't want to seem like she doesn't care about her father but at the same time Hopper really is like a hero in her eyes. She gets sad whenever she thinks about how she lost them both.

She pushed her feelings aside and continued the project. After all, her making a project dedicated to Hopper doesn't mean she loved her father any less. El happened to be doing the same project and picked Hopper as well. Y/N didn't mind that though. El and Hopper have known each other longer and they both cared about him. It's not like the teacher could tell them otherwise anyways.

Y/N noticed El fidgeting in her seat. "You'll be fine, just take a deep breath. Hopefully you won't have to go first so it'll give you time to prepare yourself. You're going to do great." Y/N said smiling. El took a breath and smiled back nodding her head. Boy did Y/N wish she could give herself a pep talk like that.

13 Minutes Later

Y/N couldn't hide the the bored expression on her face as Angela presented her project. Y/N couldn't stand Angela. Angela has been tormenting her and El ever since school began. Everyone thought Angela was perfect so of course they followed her like minions and joined in when she bullied Y/N and El. Despite Y/N strong dislike for Angela, Y/N told Mike that she was one of her close friends. Y/N didn't know why she even name dropped Angela, but she wanted to seem as believable as possible.

"And that is why I have chosen Helen Keller as my hero." Angela said completing her presentation. The entire class clapped as Angela made her way back to her seat. "That was wonderful, Angela. Truly wonderful." Mrs. Gracey compliments as she turns on the lights. "What an inspiring story"

"Okay. Now let's see who has to follow that." said the teacher. She reached her hand into a fishbowl with folded papers inside. Y/N heart felt like it was going to jump out of her chest. She kept hoping over and over her name wouldn't be called, and then-

"Y/N."

Only a few people clapped as her name was called.
Y/N turned to Will and El who gave her reassuring nods of support. Y/N took a deep breath and walked over to the front of the room.

Y/N cleared her throat "Hi..."

Why did I say Hi??? she thought

"For my hero, I chose Jim Hopper. He's like an actual father to me. For my visual aid, I made a  diorama of our cabin." Y/N turned her project around to show off.

"More like diarrhea." said one of the classmates, making everyone else laugh. The joke was lame and unfunny. Y/N knew that but couldn't help but feel embarrassed. "Quiet, everyone. Let's be respectful." Mrs. Gracey spoke up.

Y/N paused for a few seconds and then continued. She picked up the little figurine "This is Hopper. Like I said, he's like my father and he also was to El. He is one of the most caring and selfless people I've ever known. We used to like watching "Miami Vice" with us on Fridays as a family."

Y/N out down the miniature version of Hopper and picked up the small squirrel she made. "This is Mr. Fibbly... he's a squirrel."

yeah know shit sherlock! Y/N wished she could face palm right now. She was so nervous she was saying random things.

Y/N was met with embarrassment once again when she heard the class barely trying to hide their laughing. Y/N looked at Will and El for support which they gladly provided.

"This is the alarm he made." Y/N said pointing to the object. "He made it because..." before she could continue, Angela raised her hand with a fake innocent look on her face. Y/N stuttered and turned to the teacher, looking for her to say something.

"Uh, Angela, let's save the questions until the end of Y/N'a presentation." the teacher stated. Angela put her hand down and made a fake smile. "Yeah. Sorry. I'm just, like, confused. I thought this was a presentation about a historical hero." Angela said obviously trying to get under Y/N's skin.

"Hopper was in the newspaper" Y/N quickly defended. "Your local paper?" Angel laughed, caused the other students to join in. "I just don't think that's what Mrs. Gracey meant by historical. This is supposed to be about famous people." Angela taunted.

"He is famous. He... He saved lots of lives. In a mall fire" Y/N replied trying to hold back her tears. "He was a hero for people. And he was my hero too." Y/N finished. She looked around the classroom, still trying to fight the tears.

"That's not what I'm saying at all, but it's okay. I am so sorry, Mrs. Gracey. I didn't mean to interrupt. I just wanted clarity on the rules of the assignment." Angela said. Mrs. Gracey nodded her head "Well, technically, you are correct. But Y/N has decided to do her 'father'. So, please, continue with your presentation Y/N"

Y/N didn't bother hiding her humiliation any more and just let her tears fall.

On her way back to her seat, Y/N tired her best not to make eye contact with anybody else in the room. She just wanted to be invisible. She felt even worse knowing she encouraged El to do a presentation on Hopper as well. She just wanted to enjoy at least one day of school.

Students all flooded the hallways as the bell rang.
Y/N was the first person to speed wait out of the classroom. She wanted to get away from her classmates as soon as possible.

"Y/N, it wasn't that bad." Will said, trying to encourage Y/N while he and El follows her out. "Don't lie to me, Will." Y/N replied plainly. "I'm not lying." Will replied. Y/N knew he just had to be lying, because there was no way her presentation didn't backfire.

The end of the day finally approached and Y/N just felt exhausted. No class was better than the next and she got an F on a big test. She was just ready to meet up with Will and El then head home

As she walked outside through the high school campus, Y/N didn't acknowledge the fact that she was walking in Angela's direction. With no hesitation, Angela stuck her foot out, causing Y/N to trip, fall on the ground, and drop her project. Of course, being the immature people they are, everyone around them laughed.

"Oh my God. I am so sorry. I hope Mr. Fibbly's okay" Angela said while letting out a sarcastic laugh. Angela and her group of friends laughed while walking out. One of them even took the effort to purposely stomp on the project. As if they couldn't make their point anymore clear.

Just then, El and Will walked out the building together and immediately spotted the crowd around Y/N.

Y/N was tired of Angela was pushing her around, and she was even more tired that she never did anything about it. She would gladly speak up for El but for some reason never defended herself against those same people. Angela and her friends already knew Y/N is easy to pick at.

In the spur of the moment, Y/N let her anger out and stood up. "Angela!" Y/N shouted. Angela turned around with one and on her hip and looked at Y/N unfazed. Y/N walked closer and closer to Angela, finally making a stop and holding her hand out with a scream.

In that moment, Y/N completely forgot her powers don't work

"Holy shit!" Angela laughed. "What the hell was that?" Angela's friend yelled towards Y/N.
Y/N began to head the crowd laughing and making fun of her. Y/N stood, there frozen with humiliation.
"Hey! What's going on here?" Mrs. Gracey questioned as she pushed through the crowd.

Mrs. Gracey walked over to Y/N and put her hand on her shoulder. "Y/N. Did someone do this" Mrs. Gracey asked. Y/N stayed silent for a few seconds before speaking "I tripped. It was just an accident." she said. Mrs. Gracey looked over and Angela and her friends. "All right, Angela. You come with me." Mrs. Gracey said with anger in her voice while walking to Angela.

"What? Why?" Angela asked, acting confused. "Let's go" Mrs. Gracey said sternly while taking Angela by the arm. "I didn't do anything. Tell her, Y/N. Tell her!". Y/N didn't say anything. She stood still in the same spot before kneeling down to retrieve her now broken project. Y/N continued to let out tears all she picked up all the broken pieces.

"Y/N!" Will called out and he and El came to help her clean up. "Y/N... I'm sorry. It's gonna be okay. It's not that bad. The three of us will fix it together, okay?" Will said, trying to make her feel better.

Continued to silently let tears fall all the way home, but wouldn't answer when Jonathan and Argyle asked what was wrong.

As soon they got home, Y/N went straight to her room and closed the door. She just wanted to screamed. She needed a way to let out her emotions, so she picked up a pen and paper and started writing.

Dear Mike,

I've told you a lot of things that I don't believe and things that aren't really true. I told you I've become even happier after coming to California. I also told you I made a bunch of friends.

I don't know why I never told you the truth but I just want to go back home. Hawkins. This place isn't like home at all. I just want everyone back together. I was happy with the way things were last year summer, you know, before the whole Mind Flayer thing. Everyday felts more miserable than the one before it. I'll always be grateful Joyce took El and I in to live with her but I just can't stand being here.

I just want to see all our friends. I lied about being close friends with Angela. I absolutely hate her. She want quit messing with El and I. I can always stand up for El but never for myself. I don't know why.

I'm so sorry I lied to you . I know we agree not to lie to each other but I didn't know what to write to you. It feels so embarrassing and pathetic having to write it all out on paper. I feel just as pathetic. I just can't keep lying about being happy

Love, Y/N

Y/N let out a sigh after putting down the pen. She stared at the letter for about 3 minutes while different thoughts flooded her mind. Y/N quickly picks up the letter, folding it up and throwing it in her draw.

As much as Y/N wants to be truthful and mail the letter, she has no intentions to do so.

————

Author's Note

Soooooo, what do you guys think of this season? Sorry if there's typos in this btw

Question: Do you guys want a part two of this chapter? like how this chapter was centered around what's happening in California in the first episode, do you guys want a chapter centered around what's happening in Hawkins in the first episode? just so it's kind of all full circle? let me know❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520K 13K 41
Psycho brothers and a little angel sister sounds not so good together right? so what happens when an sweet angel comes live with her lovesick pyscho...
182K 2K 66
ဖထေကနေ α€žα€¬α€Έα€€α€­α€―α€žα€½α€¬α€Έα€‘α€¬α€Έα€α€²α€· α€‡α€¬α€α€Ία€œα€™α€Ία€Έα€žα€¬α€–α€Όα€…α€Ία€•α€«α€α€šα€Ί ဖေထက α€žα€¬α€Έα€€α€­α€―α€žα€Όα€¬α€Έα€‘α€¬α€Έα€α€²α€· α€‡α€¬α€α€Ήα€œα€™α€Ήα€Έα€žα€¬α€»α€–α€…α€Ήα€•α€«α€α€šα€Ή
20.5K 699 14
What would happen if Ben 10 was forced to traverse through Hell, obtaining a Demon harem (+1 Angel) along the way? (Helltaker and Ben 10 belong to th...
10.6K 246 14
An alternate Jason Uchiha timeline