Chapter 3 (S3): The Case of the Missing Lifeguard

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V.

You must be an angel♪
♪I can see it in your eyes♪

Max sang along to the music from the radio using a hairbrush as a microphone. After Y/N 'dumped' Mike, the girls went back to the cabin with Max. They were currently in their bedroom listening to music.

El went flipping through a magazine when she came to a certain page. El looked down at a picture of a cute boy and smiled. Max laughed and put down the hairbrush "Oh, you found Ralph Macchio." She stated in a teasing manner. "Macchio?" El asked raising an eyebrow. Max kneeled down by the bed "Yeab, he's the Karate Kid!" Max swung her arm downward into the bed like she was doing karate "Hai-yah!"

The girls laughed and Max looked back at the page "He's so hot, right? I bet he's an amazing kisser, too." she smiled. Max looked at Y/N "Hey, is Mike a good kisser?" she asked. Y/N playfully rolled her eyes "I don't know. He's my first boyfriend." She responded. Max shrugged "Ex-boyfriend." she corrected.

Y/N's smile faded and she lightly nodded. Max put her hand on Y/N's shoulder "Hey, don't worry about it. Okay? He'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness." She assured her "I guarantee you, him and Lucas are, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now. They're like 'Oh, I hope they take us back!' " Max nocked causing them all to laugh.

"God, what I wouldn't give to see their stupid faces!" Max exclaimed. Y/N and Max look at El who looked like she had an idea. "What is it?" Y/N asked.

Radio static filled the room and El sat with her legs crossed on the floor. El put on a blind fold getting ready to spy on the boys. Y/N could do it, but El really wanted to see if they were actually miserable. Y/N sat with Max in the bed. "Is this really gonna work?" Max asked in excitement. El nodded. "Holy shit, this is insane!-"

"Max." El and Y/N said in sync

"Yeah, quiet. I'm sorry." She apologized. El took a deep breath trying to focus. Max and
Y/N sat in silence until El spoke "I see them." she stated. Y/N and Max got off the bed and sat next to El on the floor "What are they doing?" Max asked. "Eating." El replied.

A few more seconds passed of El not saying anything. "They say we are 'species' " El said. Y/N and Max furrowed their eyebrows "What?" Y/N questioned. "Emotion, not logic." El said. Y/N and Max's eyes widened "What?!" they raised their voice in sync.

Suddenly El rips off the blindfold and looks at Max and Y/N. "What? What happened?" Max asked. El smiles then bursted into laughter. Max and Y/N tried to ask El what happened but they couldn't help laughing too.

Their laughter stopped as they heard a car pull up outside. They hear the door swing open then shut. The girls just supposed it was Hopper and grabbed magazines looking through them together and played music.

And the girls were right, it was Hopper.

They heard his voice booming from out in the living room. "Hey! Hey!! When I say three inches, three-" he swung the bedroom door open just to see Y/N, El, and Max laying on the floor looking through a magazines together. The girls all flinched.