Chapter 2 (S3): The Mall Rats

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V.

Y/N paced around on the porch outside looking into the distance. She looked through the trees trying to find any sign of Mike approaching the cabin. She sighed and walked back inside. She walked past El who was eating breakfast at the table and went over to the phone. "Hey. Is everything okay?" Hopper asked as Y/N dialed numbers. "Yes." Y/N simply replied.

Y/N waited for somebody to pick up until she finally heard Mrs. Wheeler's voice "Hello, this is the wheelers." the woman spoke. Karen listened to Y/N from the other line "Yeah, just a sec." Mrs. Wheeler said. Y/N could hear Mrs. Wheeler's muffled voice as she yelled "Mike! Phone!" She shouted.

Y/N waited again then heard Mike "Hello?" Mike spoke into the phone. Y/N sighed and walked into her and El's room and shut the door with her powers "It's 9:32. Where are you?" She asked. "Sorry, I- I was just about to call." Mike stated "I um... can't see you today." he finished. Y/N slightly scrunched her face "What? Why not?" She questioned.

"It's my Nana." Mike said "She's very sick." He lied. Y/N was confused "But Hop said that your Nana was okay, that is was a false alarm." She explained. Mike mouthed the word 'shit' to himself as he realized he had to come up with something to add onto his lie. "Yeah. That's...what...we thought it was at first, but then she took a real turn for the worse." Mike stammered. "Oh." Y/N just replied.

"Yeah. We think she might... die." Mike said. Y/N heard Mike's mother's voice join the line. "What?" Mrs. Wheeler asked sounding confused. Mike attempted to cover the phone but Y/M still heard Mike shout to his mother "Mom! Get off the phone! How many time?!" Mike yelled.

"Did Nana call?!" Mrs. Wheeler shouted back sounding concerned. "No, Mom! JUST GET OFF THE PHONE!" he yelled. Mrs. Wheeler scoffed and hung up. Mike slowly put the phone back up to his ear "Sorry about that." he nervously laughed. "Was that your mom?" Y/N asked for confirmation. "Yeah. She's so upset, she's making no sense. Because we have to go to the nursing home. To see Nana." Mike replied.

"You can come over after?" Y/N stated. "No!" Mike immediately answered "I mean, I- I just think... I need to be alone today. With my... feelings?" Mike said sounding more like a question than an answer. Y/N furrowed her eyebrows "Do you lie?" She asked. "What?! No. Friends don't lie." Mike answers frantically. Suddenly Y/N could hear Mike adjust the telephone and hear him shout faintly "What Mom?!" he shouted. He put the phone back up to his ear "My mom's calling me. Better go. Talk to you tomorrow. Miss you already. Bye!"

Mike hung up the phone in a rush. Y/N opened the bedroom door walking out with the phone in her hand and put it back on the hook. Hopper looked over to her "Hey, what's going on?" He asked. Y/N didn't respond. She walked back into the bedroom and slammed the door behind her.

Hopper smiles to himself knowing what he did but El just sat at the table confused.

ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ