ᴇᴘʜᴇᴍᴇʀᴀʟ | Harry Potter X Re...

By padfootsQuill

After Y/N Black's mother was murdered along with the Potter's and her father was wrongfully sent to Azkaban... More

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ
00- 𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔢
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔡 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯
-ʏᴜʟᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ ᴅʀᴇꜱꜱ-
- 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯 -
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯
-𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯-
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

57

11.2K 365 1.7K
By padfootsQuill

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

Harry woke up the following morning, he felt so warm, so comfortable and still extremely sleepy as he glanced downwards.

Y/N.

He loved having her so close to him, seeing Y/N sleep so peacefully with him, made Harry's heart swell.

She's so perfect. Harry thought, pulling his hand softly to brush a loose strand of hair from her face.

His eyes glanced at her lips.

Harry could vividly remember the way they had felt against his. It was so soft, so.. perfect.

He would do absolutely anything for a repeat.

"Regrettable, but all the same, Minerva —" came Cornelius Fudge's voice loudly as the Hospital wing door swung open.

"You should never have brought it inside the castle!" yelled Professor McGonagall. "When Dumbledore finds out—"

Y/N had woken up now, the loud voices awakening her from the comfortable sleep. She felt herself slightly flush at the proximity between her and Harry. He was so warm.

Sirius too had woken up. Hopping off of the bed in his animagus form as he bit onto one side of the curtains, pulling it open to their view.

The door opened again, and Dumbledore came sweeping up the ward.

"What has happened?" said Dumbledore sharply, looking from Fudge to Professor McGonagall. "Why are you disturbing these people? Minerva, I'm surprised at you — I asked you to stand guard over Barty Crouch —"

"There is no need to stand guard over him anymore, Dumbledore!" she shrieked. "The Minister has seen to that!"

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows as she and Harry sat up, still sitting right against each other. What was happening?

Padfoot walked back, jumping onto the bed as he curled into a ball, his back leaning against Y/N as he watched the scene play out.

"When we told Mr. Fudge that we had caught the Death Eater responsible for tonight's events," said Snape, "he seemed to feel his personal safety was in question. He insisted on summoning a dementor to accompany him into the castle. He brought it up to the office where Barty Crouch —"

"I told him you would not agree, Dumbledore!" Professor McGonagall fumed. "I told him you would never allow dementors to set foot inside the castle, but —"

"My dear woman!" roared Fudge, who looked angrier than Y/N had ever seen him, "as Minister of Magic, it is my decision whether I wish to bring protection with me when interviewing a possibly dangerous —"

Professor McGonagall's voice cut him off.

"The moment that — that thing entered the room," she shouted, pointing at Fudge. "it swooped down on Crouch and — and —"

She did not need her to finish her sentence.

They all knew what the dementor must have done. It had administered its fatal kiss to Barty Crouch.

"By all accounts, he is no loss!" Blurted Fudge. "It seems he has been responsible for several deaths!"

"But he cannot now give testimony, Cornelius," said Dumbledore. "He cannot give evidence about why he killed those people."

"Why he killed them? Well, that's no mystery, is it?" blustered Fudge. "He was a raving lunatic! From what Minerva and Severus have told me, he seems to have thought he was doing it all on You- Know-Who's instructions!"

"Lord Voldemort was giving him instructions, Cornelius," Dumbledore said. "Those people's deaths were mere by-products of a plan to restore Voldemort to full strength again. The plan succeeded. Voldemort has been restored to his body."

Dazed and blinking, Fudge stared back at Dumbledore. He began to sputter.

"You-Know-Who . . . returned? Preposterous. Come now, Dumbledore . . ."

"As Minerva and Severus have doubtless told you," said Dumbledore, "we heard Barry Crouch confess. Under the influence of Veritaserum, he told us how he was smuggled out of Azkaban, and how Voldemort went to free him from his father and used him to capture Harry and Y/N. The plan worked, I tell you. Crouch has helped Voldemort to return."

"See here, Dumbledore," said Fudge, "you — you can't seriously believe that. You-Know-Who — back? Come now, come now . . . certainly, Crouch may have believed himself to be acting upon You-Know-Who's orders — but to take the word of a lunatic like that, Dumbledore . . ."

"When Harry touched the Triwizard Cup tonight, he was transported straight to Voldemort, Y/N was taken by Crouch from Hogwarts grounds." said Dumbledore steadily. "They witnessed Lord Voldemort's rebirth. I will explain it all to you if you will step up to my office."

Fudge glanced at them, then looked back at Dumbledore, and said, "You are — er — prepared to take their word on this, are you, Dumbledore?"

There was a slight moment of silence. It was broken by the sound of Sirius' growling. 

Y/N was glaring at the man.

"Certainly, I believe them." said Dumbledore. His eyes were stern now. "I heard Crouch's confession, and I heard both of their accounts of what happened at the graveyard; the stories make sense, they explain everything."

Fudge now had a strange smile on his face. Once again, he glanced at them before answering.

"You are prepared to believe that Lord Voldemort has returned, on the word of a lunatic murderer, the daughter of a convicted murderer, and a boy who . . . well . . ."

Fudge shot Harry another look.

"Who what?" Y/N asked defensively. "Go on."

"You've been reading Rita Skeeter, Mr. Fudge," Harry said.

Fudge reddened slightly, "And if I have?" he said, now looking at Dumbledore. "If I have discovered that you've been keeping certain facts about the boy very quiet? A Parselmouth, eh? And having funny turns all over the place —"

"I assume that you are referring to the pains Harry has been experiencing in his scar?" said Dumbledore coolly.

"You admit that he has been having these pains, then?" said Fudge quickly. "Headaches? Nightmares? Possibly — hallucinations?"

"Fucking hell." Y/N muttered, pissed off at how ignorant Fudge was.

"Listen to me, Cornelius," said Dumbledore, taking a step toward Fudge, "Harry is as sane as you or I. That scar upon his forehead has not addled his brains. I believe it hurts him when Lord Voldemort is close by, or feeling particularly murderous."

Fudge had taken half a step back from Dumbledore, but he looked no less stubborn.

"You'll forgive me, Dumbledore, but I've never heard of a curse scar acting as an alarm bell before. . . ."

"Look, I saw Voldemort come back!" Harry suddenly shouted. He was furious. "I saw the Death Eaters! I can give you their names! Lucius Malfoy —"

"Malfoy was cleared!" said Fudge, visibly affronted. "A very old family — donations to excellent causes —"

"Macnair!" Harry continued.

"Also cleared! Now working for the Ministry!"

"Avery — Nott — Crabbe — Goyle —" Y/N cut in.

"You are merely repeating the names of those who were acquitted of being Death Eaters thirteen years ago!" said Fudge angrily.

"And how are we supposed to know them!" Y/N asked angrily.

"Your father told you!"

"For fuck's sake! You're stupid!" She shouted furiously.

Sirius was baring his teeth at Fudge. There was a low growl in the background of the shouting.

Y/N tried to get up. Harry forced her back down.

"For heaven's sake, Dumbledore! — the boy was full of some crackpot story at the end of last year too — his tales are getting taller, and you're still swallowing them — the boy can talk to snakes, Dumbledore, and you still think he's trustworthy?"

"You fool!" Professor McGonagall cried.

"It seems to me that you are all determined to start a panic that will destabilize everything we have worked for these last thirteen years!" Fudge shouted.

Y/N wanted to pummel him.

"Voldemort has returned," Dumbledore repeated. "If you accept that fact straightaway, Fudge, and take the necessary measures, we may still be able to save the situation. The first and most essential step is to remove Azkaban from the control of the dementors —"

"Preposterous!" shouted Fudge again. "Remove the dementors? I'd be kicked out of office for suggesting it! Half of us only feel safe in our beds at night because we know the dementors are standing guard at Azkaban!"

"The rest of us sleep less soundly in our beds, Cornelius, knowing that you have put Lord Voldemort's most dangerous supporters in the care of creatures who will join him the instant he asks them!" said Dumbledore. "They will not remain loyal to you, Fudge! Voldemort can offer them much more scope for their powers and their pleasures than you can! With the dementors behind him, and his old supporters returned to him, you will be hard pressed to stop him regaining the sort of power he had thirteen years ago!"

Fudge was opening and closing his mouth as though no words could express his outrage.

"The second step you must take — and at once," Dumbledore pressed on, "is to send envoys to the giants."

"Envoys to the giants?" Fudge shrieked. "What madness is this?"

"Extend them the hand of friendship, now, before it is too late," said Dumbledore, "or Voldemort will persuade them, as he did before, that he alone among wizards will give them their rights and their freedom!"

"You — you cannot be serious!" Fudge gasped, shaking his head and retreating further from Dumbledore. "If the magical community got wind that I had approached the giants — people hate them, Dumbledore — end of my career —"

"You are blinded," said Dumbledore, his voice rising now. "by the love of the office you hold, Cornelius! You place too much importance, and you always have done, on the so-called purity of blood! You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be! Your dementor has just destroyed the last remaining member of a pure-blood family as old as any — and see what that man chose to make of his life! I tell you now — take the steps I have suggested, and you will be remembered, in office or out, as one of the bravest and greatest Ministers of Magic we have ever known. Fail to act — and history will remember you as the man who stepped aside and allowed Voldemort a second chance to destroy the world we have tried to rebuild!"

"Insane," whispered Fudge, still backing away. "Mad . . ."

And then there was silence.

Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Ron, and Hermione were all standing by the door, frozen.

"If your determination to shut your eyes will carry you as far as this, Cornelius," said Dumbledore, "we have reached a parting of the ways. You must act as you see fit. And I — I shall act as I see fit."

"Now, see here, Dumbledore," Fudge said, waving a threatening finger. "I've given you free rein, always. I've had a lot of respect for you. I might not have agreed with some of your decisions, but I've kept quiet. There aren't many who'd have let you hire werewolves, or keep Hagrid, or decide what to teach your students without reference to the Ministry. But if you're going to work against me —"

"The only one against whom I intend to work," said Dumbledore, "is Lord Voldemort. If you are against him, then we remain, Cornelius, on the same side."

Fudge rocked backward and forward on his feet for a moment. "He can't be back, Dumbledore, he just can't be . . ."

Snape strode forward, past Dumbledore, pulling up the left sleeve of his robes as he went. He stuck out his forearm and showed it to Fudge, who recoiled.

"There," said Snape harshly. "There. The Dark Mark. It is not as clear as it was an hour or so ago, when it burned black, but you can still see it. Every Death Eater had the sign burned into him by the Dark Lord. It was a means of distinguishing one another, and his means of summoning us to him. When he touched the Mark of any Death Eater, we were to Disapparate, and Apparate, instantly, at his side. This Mark has been growing clearer all year. Karkaroff's too. Why do you think Karkaroff fled tonight? We both felt the Mark burn. We both knew he had returned. Karkaroff fears the Dark Lord's vengeance. He betrayed too many of his fellow Death Eaters to be sure of a welcome back into the fold."

Fudge stepped back from Snape too. He was shaking his head. He looked up at Dumbledore and whispered, "I don't know what you and your staff are playing at, Dumbledore, but I have heard enough. I have no more to add. I will be in touch with you tomorrow, Dumbledore, to discuss the running of this school. I must return to the Ministry."

He had almost reached the door when he paused. He turned around, strode back down the hospital wing, and stopped in front of Harry.

"Your winnings," he said shortly, taking a large bag of gold out of his pocket and dropping it onto Harry's bedside table. "One thousand Galleons. There should have been a presentation ceremony, but under the circumstances . . ."

He crammed his hat onto his head and walked out of the room, pushing between Ron and Hermione and slamming the door behind him.

The moment he had disappeared, Dumbledore turned to look at the group standing at the door.

"There is work to be done," he said. "Molly . . . am I right in thinking that I can count on you and Arthur?"

"Of course you can," said Mrs. Weasley. "We know what Fudge is. It's Arthur's fondness for Muggles that has held him back at the Ministry all these years. Fudge thinks he lacks proper wizarding pride."

"Then I need to send a message to Arthur," said Dumbledore. "All those that we can persuade of the truth must be notified immediately, and he is well placed to contact those at the Ministry who are not as shortsighted as Cornelius."

"I'll go to Dad," said Bill, standing up. "I'll go now."

"Excellent," said Dumbledore. "Tell him what has happened. Tell him I will be in direct contact with him shortly. He will need to be discreet, however. If Fudge thinks I am interfering at the Ministry —"

"Leave it to me," said Bill.

He kissed his mother on the cheek, and gave Y/N and Harry a smile before pulling on his cloak, and strode quickly from the room.

Molly, Ron, and Hermione strode toward Harry and Y/N.

"Minerva," said Dumbledore, turning to Professor McGonagall, "I want to see Hagrid in my office as soon as possible. Also — if she will consent to come — Madame Maxime."

Professor McGonagall nodded and left without a word.

"And now," he said, "it is time for two of our number to recognize each other for what they are. Sirius . . . if you could resume your usual form."

The black dog jumped off of the bed, looked up at Dumbledore and then, in an instant, turned back into a man.

Mrs. Weasley screamed and leapt back.

"Sirius Black!" she shrieked, pointing at him.

"Mum, shut up!" Ron yelled. 

"It's okay!"

Snape's eyes widened. The look on his face was one of combined fury and horror.

"Him!" he snarled, staring at Sirius, whose face showed equal dislike. "What is he doing here?!"

"He is here at my invitation," said Dumbledore, looking between them, "as are you, Severus. I trust you both. It is time for you to lay aside your old differences and trust each other."

Sirius nearly scoffed. "Miss me Snivellous?"

Snape sneered at him. The look was deadly.

They were eyeing each other loathingly.

"I will settle, in the short term," said Dumbledore, a note of irritation in his tone. "for a lack of open hostility. You will shake hands. You are on the same side now. Time is short, and unless the few of us who know the truth do not stand united, there is no hope for any of us."

Very slowly — but still glaring at each other — Sirius and Snape moved toward each other and shook hands. They let go extremely quickly.

"That will do to be going on with," said Dumbledore, stepping between them once more. "Now I have work for each of you. Fudge's attitude, though not unexpected, changes everything. Sirius and Remus" he looked between them. "I need you to set off at once. You are to alert Remus Lupin, Arabella Figg, Mundungus Fletcher — the old crowd. Lie low at Lupins for a while; I will contact you there."

Though disappointed he had to leave Y/N and Harry again, he nodded. Sirius turned to them. "You'll see me very soon," said Sirius.

His eyes focused more on Y/N. "I promise you. But I must do what I can, you understand, don't you?"

He was looking between them.

"Yeah," they both said.

"Just be safe okay?" Y/N said. Sirius nodded. He took both of their hands and gave it a slight squeeze.

"Take care of each other." He turned to look at Dumbledore and transformed again into the black dog. He ran the length of the room to the door, whose handle he turned with a paw. Then he was gone.

"Severus," said Dumbledore, turning to Snape, "you know what I must ask you to do. If you are ready . . . if you are prepared . . ."

"I am," said Snape.

"Then good luck," said Dumbledore, he watched as Snape swept wordlessly after Sirius.

It was several minutes before Dumbledore spoke again.

"I will be on my way," he looked at Y/N and Harry. "Get some more rest, the both of you." And with that, he was gone.

***

Throughout the entire morning, the elves had brought up several dishes and pastries, Trixy made sure that they were well taken care of.

Ron, and Hermione stayed with them in the hospital wing, they played Exploding snaps, wizards chess, Harry and Ron even had a competition to see who could eat the most treacle tarts.

Much to their surprise, Harry won.

Though Ron opted out to eating several bowlfuls of vanilla ice cream, scattered in different toppings.

"Ron! You've already asked the elves for 47 different things!" Hermione said furiously, glaring at him as another popped in, handing him the chocolate covered strawberries he had asked for.

"Thanks!" Ron said, biting into one. "Hey.. do have any marshmallows?"

"Ron!"

"Yes!" The elf squeaked happily. Snapping it's fingers as it disappeared.

Madam Pomfrey insisted that Y/N and Harry stay in the hospital wing for that night at least, even though they argued that they felt completely back to normal, she didn't let them leave.

They weren't missing anything in classes, since exams had finished, it was all relaxed, there were only a few days left of term anyways.

Hermione had told them that Dumbledore gave a speech at breakfast, requesting that the students refrain from asking Harry and Y/N any questions relating to the task.

They left right at curfew.

Madam Pomfrey dropped off their potions, and then they were left to themselves.

Y/N settled in her spot next to Harry, leaning against him as he slightly tightened his arm around her.

"So.. Do you still want to go to Italy?" Y/N asked him in a quiet voice, not wanting to have Madam Pomfrey come force them to drink their potions. She turned slightly so that they were facing each other. It was dark, but the candle that Hermione had lit, made it bright enough so that she could see Harry.

"Course' I do" Harry said, a tired smile on his face. "I wouldn't want to miss that for anything,"

Y/N nodded. "I actually got a letter from mum a few days ago, they've already bought the tickets" she grinned, "we'll be flying in first class"

"How long is the flight?"

"About two hours"

Harry shook his head, amused. "We have first class tickets for a two hour flight? You're mental"

Y/N rolled her eyes playfully, "If you think that's bad, just wait until you see where we're staying— and how we're being picked up from the airport"

Harry looked at her, intruiged. "Well? Do go on.."

She feigned a yawn. "It'll just have to be a surprise Harold, just keep in mind, we'll be going to Rome, Italy. And we stay for one week"

"Do the Dursley's know?" Harry asked, wanting to know if there would be a huge issue if they decided they didn't feel like letting Harry go.

Y/N nodded, "Mum told them we're stealing you for the summer, you don't have to go back there"

"What about dumbledore?"

She scoffed, "He can suck it."

"You're not going back there, you deserve so much better." she said, looking at Harry very seriously.

"You've got a room at my house, my parents don't care— in fact, they insist that you come live with us, they love you and I love you Harry. I won't let you return to those horrid people."

Harry's heart felt warm.

He loved her. And he was sure that it wasn't just in a friendly way.

"Thank you," Harry said, looking at her. She was the happiness in his life. The first time he felt happy was when meeting her.

He'd keep his promise to Y/N's mum.

He'd take care of Y/N. He'd protect her. No matter the costs. Y/N was the most important.

After they left the Hospital wing the following morning, Y/N and Harry headed straight towards the Gryffindor Common Room. There were some people out by the couches, but they didn't do anything more than glance at them.

That was extremely relieving.

Y/N and Harry split ways, bidding each other a goodbye as they agreed to meet up in a few minutes along with Ron and Hermione.

When they met, Ron and Hermione didn't ask about the task, instead, they chatted about normal things, about how Ron had nearly tripped on his way to charms, Hermione accidentally tearing a rip in a book page (her eyes nearly watered at the memory) and they once again, played several games. It was fun and lighthearted, Y/N and Harry both appreciated it.

The next few days had gone by similarly, and soon enough, they were sitting at the final feast of the year.

Piles and piles of food were stacked on the tables as the students chatted per usual. Ron himself had stacked at least seven chicken legs onto his plate.

"Oh!" Ron exclaimed, his mouth full. "I forghot— " he swallowed, drinking some pumpkin juice. "The buffer? Bafoot? Er— i forgot what it's called"

It took Y/N a few seconds to remember what he was talking about. "Oh! The buffet" she said. Remembering the gift card her parents had given to Ron for christmas. "We should go in a few days, before Harry and I go"

"Go where?" Hermione asked, raising an eyebrow.

Harry and Y/N shared a look.

"To Italy"

Ron and Hermione didn't even try to hide the look of shock on their faces. "Alone?"

"We're almost 15 anyways" Harry said, rolling his eyes.

Y/N agreed, "Besides, let's say someone tried to mug us, all I have to do is turn into an elephant or something and stomp on them, boom. Problem solved."

Harry nearly spat out his pumpkin juice.

Hermione shook her head. "..don't do that.."

They continued eating.

It wasn't until Dumbledore stood up that everything quieted down.

"The end," said Dumbledore, looking around at them all, "of another year. There is much that I would like to say to you all tonight" he paused. "The Ministry of Magic," Dumbledore continued, "does not wish me to tell you this.

"It is possible that some of your parents will be horrified that I have done so — either because they will not believe that Lord Voldemort has returned," several students gasped. "—or because they think I should not tell you so, young as you are. It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies." Every face in the Great Hall was looking at him. "Harry Potter and Y/N Black managed to escape Lord Voldemort," said Dumbledore. "The Triwizard Tournament's aim was to further and promote magical understanding. In the light of what has happened — of Lord Voldemort's return — such ties are more important than ever before."

Dumbledore looked from Madame Maxime and Hagrid, to Fleur Delacour and her fellow Beauxbatons students, to Viktor Krum and the Durmstrangs at the Slytherin table.

"Every guest in this Hall," said Dumbledore, and his eyes lingered upon the Durmstrang students, "will be welcomed back here at any time, should they wish to come. I say to you all, once again — in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."

"It is my belief — and never have I so hoped that I am mistaken — that we are all facing dark and difficult times. Some of you in this Hall have already suffered directly at the hands of Lord Voldemort. Many of your families have been torn asunder. Should a time come when you have to choose between what is good and what is easy, remember the lives that have been lost in the past. Do not forget."

***

Y/N, Harry, Ron and Hermione were waiting in the crowded entrance hall with the rest of the fourth years for the carriages that would take them back to Hogsmeade station.

They each had their trunks out in front of them.

Y/N had Hedwig's cage on top of her trunk. Hedwig was hooting in betrayal, watching as Harry cradled Splotch in his arms. Refusing to let him be stuck inside of such a small cage.

"Absolutely not" Harry said, pulling Splotch from Y/N as she tried to get him inside his cage.

Y/N rolled her eyes. "Harry he's used to it" she said, trying to get her rabbit back.

Harry scoffed. "That cage is abnormally small" he said, stepping back with the small animal in his arms. "He'll suffocate in that thing" he raised splotch up, holding the small bunny out in front of him. "We can't have that, can we?" He asked, speaking to Splotch.

Y/N bit back a grin. Finding the entire situation hilarious.

"Alright then" she said amused. "Have it your way"

Harry smirked, satisfied.

"He's getting heavy isn't he?" Y/N asked smugly, looking at Harry as he readjusted Splotch in his arms every couple of seconds.

"No." He replied quickly. "He's— he's perfectly fine" Harry said stubbornly, pretending not to be exhausted.

The beauxbatons students were beginning to board their carriages, there were a crowd of Hogwarts students just watching in admiration.

Fleur was coming in their direction.

"We will see each uzzer again, I 'ope," said Fleur as she reached Harry, holding out her hand to Harry, he shook it. She turned to Y/N and did the same.

"I am 'oping to get a job 'ere, to improve my Eenglish."

"It's very good already!" said Ron in a strangled sort of voice.

Fleur smiled at him.

Hermione scowled.

"Good-bye!," said Fleur, turning to go. "It 'az been a pleasure meeting you!"

Aside from the fact that she had kissed Harry's cheek on the second task, Fleur seemed like she was very sweet.

"Wonder how the Durmstrang students are getting back," said Ron. "D'you reckon they can steer that ship without Karkaroff?"

"Karkaroff did not steer," said a low voice. "He stayed in his cabin and let us do the vork."

Krum had come to say good-bye to Hermione.

"Could I have a vord?" he asked her.

"Oh . . . yes . . . all right," said Hermione, looking slightly flustered, and following Krum through the crowd and out of sight.

"You'd better hurry up!" Ron called loudly after her. "The carriages'll be here in a minute!"

His face was rather red.

Y/N could see how much Ron was holding back from following after them.

He spent the next few minutes craning his neck over the crowd to try and see what Krum and Hermione might be up to.

They did however return quite soon.

Ron stared at Hermione.

"Have you got a new headmaster yet?" said Harry to Krum, the silence being uncomfortable.

Krum shrugged. He held out his hand as Fleur had done, shook Harry's hand, then Y/N's and then Ron's.

Ron looked as though he was suffering some sort of painful internal struggle.

Just as Krum had started walking away, Ron burst out, "Can I have your autograph?"

Y/N nearly snorted.

Hermione turned away, smiling at the horseless carriages that were now treading toward them up the drive, as Krum, looking surprised but gratified, signed a fragment of parchment for Ron.

They climbed their way onto the carriages and after a short journey, they reached the station.

Harry helped Y/N with her trunk as they reached the station, forfeiting his hold on Splotch as he set him into the cage.

Y/N, Harry, Ron, and Hermione, like usual, had managed to get a compartment to themselves.

Once they had all gotten comfortable, (Harry had now taken splotch back out of the cage and into his lap) They began to chat.

The conversation steered towards the task, and though it was still rather fresh, it was not difficult to talk about. Hermione and Ron asked questions, assuring that they didn't overdo it, and Y/N and Harry answered.

They continued to speak about what actions Dumbledore might be taking, each giving their own opinions about how stupid Fudge was being.

"Arrogant stupid little fucking prick"

They broke off their conversation when the lunch trolley arrived. Y/N and Hermione got up. And much to Harry's protests about paying, Y/N paid for every single thing that they bought.

She may or may have not lightly shoved Hermione's hand out of the way.

Hermione returned to the compartment, a look of defeat on her face as she rubbed her hand.

Y/N took a bit longer, walking back as her eyes caught onto Ginny in a compartment alone.

She walked towards her. "Hey" She said stopping by the entrance to the compartment. 

"Oh! Hey" Ginny said, getting up and seizing Y/N into a hug. 

"Are you waiting for someone?" Y/N asked, not wanting for Ginny to be stuck alone for the whole ride.

Ginny lightly reddened. "Er—"

"Hello" Said a gentle almost airy sounding voice. Y/N turned around to see a girl,  she had long white-blonde wavy hair, she was about Ginny's height, and her expression was one that could only be described as welcoming.

She stepped forwards into the compartment, two pumpkin pasties in her hand, she handed one to Ginny.

"Y/N- this is my er- friend. Luna Lovegood.. and Luna, this is my friend Y/N Black" 

Luna smiled. "It's nice to meet you Y/N" she said. Her eyes were wandering, though she had a feeling to her, it was like she gave off a type of aura. A soothing one.

"It's nice to meet you too Luna" Y/N said, giving a small smile as she looked towards Ginny who was fiddling with her fingers. "Well! I'll be on my way now" Y/N said, smiling. She barely knew the girl but she could tell that she was trustworthy. 

"Goodbye!" Luna said, waving at Y/N as she walked away. 

Y/N stepped back into the compartment handing Harry, Ron and Hermione each an equal amount of everything she had bought before sitting down next to Harry.

Hermione reached into her schoolbag and she dislodged a copy of the Daily Prophet that she had been carrying in there.

Y/N looked at it, she sighed, sure that there would be plenty of nonsense in there.

Hermione smiled. "There's nothing in there. You can look for yourself, but there's nothing at all. I've been checking every day. Just a small piece the day after the third task saying you won the tournament. If you ask me, Fudge is forcing them to keep quiet."

"He'll never keep Rita quiet," said Harry. "Not on a story like this." He looked fairly frustrated at the thought.

"Oh, Rita hasn't written anything at all since the third task," said Hermione in an oddly constrained voice. "As a matter of fact," she added, her voice now trembling slightly, "Rita Skeeter isn't going to be writing anything at all for a while. Not unless she wants me to spill the beans on her."

"What are you talking about?" said Ron.

"I found out how she was listening in on private conversations when she wasn't supposed to be coming onto the grounds," said Hermione in a rush.

Y/N could hear how satisfied Hermione was with herself, it was clear that she had been wanting to tell them for days.

"How was she doing it?" Asked Harry at once.

"How did you find out?" said Ron, staring at her.

"Well, it was you, really, who gave me the idea, Harry," she said.

"Did I?" said Harry, confused. "How?"

"Bugging," said Hermione happily.

"But you said they didn't work —"

"Oh not electronic bugs," said Hermione. "No, you see . . . Rita Skeeter" — Hermione's voice trembled with quiet triumph — "is an unregistered Animagus. She can turn —"

Hermione pulled a small sealed glass jar out of her bag.

"— into a beetle."

Y/N's jaw nearly dropped as she saw a large beetle squirming around inside of the jar. She looked at Hermione in admiration.

"So that's..?"

"You're kidding," said Ron. "You haven't . . . she's not . . ."

"Oh yes she is," said Hermione happily, brandishing the jar at them.

"Hermione you literal goddess" Y/N said, holding the jar up to her eyes. 

She recognized it. "—wait. Ron! That's the one I threw your hot chocolate at!"

"What—you're kidding!" Ron said, he too, lifting the jar to his eyes.

"No, I'm not," said Hermione, beaming. "I caught her on the windowsill in the hospital wing."

"Oh!" Harry said, now looking at Y/N "There was a beetle on the statue the night we heard Hagrid telling Madame Maxime about his mum! Remember? You threw a rock at it"

Ron snorted, biting into his chocolate frog.

"Exactly," said Hermione. "And unless I'm very much mistaken, Rita was perched on the windowsill of the Divination class the day your scar hurt. She's been buzzing around for stories all year."

Hermione took the glass jar back from Ron and smiled at the beetle, which buzzed angrily against the glass.

"I've told her I'll let her out when we get back to London," said Hermione. "I've put an Unbreakable Charm on the jar, you see, so she can't transform. And I've told her she's to keep her quill to herself for a whole year. See if she can't break the habit of writing horrible lies about people."

Smiling widely, Hermione placed the beetle back inside her schoolbag.

The door of the compartment slid open.

"Exploding Snap, anyone?" said Fred, grinning as he pulled out a pack of cards with George right behind him.

They spent the rest of the train ride playing several rounds, they chatted and spoke about how amazing their quidditch team would be next year. They ate every single crumb of what Y/N had bought and even ended up buying more.

All too soon, the Hogwarts Express was pulling in at platform nine and three-quarters.

The usual commotion and noise filled the corridors as the students began to disembark.

Ron and Hermione struggled out past the students, carrying their trunks.

Harry, however, stayed put.

Y/N of course, waited for him.

"Fred — George — wait a moment." He said.

The twins turned. Harry pulled open his trunk and drew out his Triwizard winnings.

"Take it," he said, and he thrust the sack into George's hands.

"What?" said Fred, looking flabbergasted.

"Take it," Harry repeated, closing his trunk. "I don't want it."

"You're mental," said George, trying to push it back at Harry. "Y/N's already given us plenty— you go on and—"

"No," said Harry. "You take it, It's for the joke shop."

"He is mental," Fred said, his eyes shining at the golden galleons. He looked up at Y/N,

 "Y/N, I love your husband"

Y/N and Harry both flushed deeply.

"Well!" She clapped her hands together, glaring. "Shoo shoo tall carrots." She said, turning them around as she began to shove them out. She huffed.

Y/N glanced back at Harry, "coming?" She asked, standing by the door.

"Yeah" Harry said, letting out a soft breath as he and she walked out of the train, lugging around their trunks as they finally stepped off.

Y/N could see the hundreds of kids hugging, laughing, and greeting their parents. Y/N was searching for her own.

And there they were.

Adelaine and Thomas Rendall were each handing out little bags of cookies to each and everyone of the Weasley's, their eyes lit up when they saw Y/N and Harry.

They sped towards each other. "Y/N!" Her mother exclaimed, pulling Y/N into a tight embrace. Adelaine pulled back to kiss both of Y/N's cheeks, and then not even a split second later, she practically shoved a cookie into Y/N's mouth.

"I got these from the new bakery!" She said happily as she shoved a cookie in Harry's mouth, also pulling him into a hug.

Thomas too embraced Y/N, being far less aggressive than her mother had been. "She's going insane" he whispered jokingly, "Everyday, she brings something new and forces me to eat it— and Winky's gotten offended that she goes out and buys things instead of asking her to make it—I swear, those two are going to tear me apart"

Y/N held back a soft laugh.

Adelaine smacked his arm. "Oh shut it, I'm lovely"

"That you are" he grinned, wrapping an arm around her as he looked at Harry, he smiled and patted his shoulder.

"I hope you don't mind, but we've had all of your things moved out of the Dursley's house, they're in your room now- but if you'd like to go ba—"

"No!" Harry said quickly.

He'd never choose that house. 

"It's perfect. Thank you— really. Thank you." he said, looking at them gratefully.

"It's no problem Harry" Mrs. Rendall said, taking Hedwig's cage. "Honestly I'll never get used to this." She said, her eyes on the owl.

Mr. Rendall took Y/N's trunk, carrying it as they began to walk out towards the car.

"See you!"

"Bye!!" said Ron and Hermione, waving them goodbye as Y/N, Harry, and the Rendall's walked out of sight.

Once they made it to the car, Y/N's father helped fit everything in and they each got into their seats.

"I do believe be have a conversation that's been held off since New Years" Thomas said, backing the car out of the train station.

Merlins.

"And—" Mrs. Rendall added, "What tournament was Molly talking about?"

Harry and Y/N both stayed silent.

_____________________

𝔈𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔩

________

"ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴀꜱᴛ"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 269 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...
215K 4.1K 65
a sirius black love story *currently editing* ••• i do not own the rights to any of the characters except maude collins and her family ••• #1 in fanf...
24.7K 611 35
This story is currently being edited and the new version will be posted on AO3 when it is complete x For 12 years she believed her parents to have be...
913K 24.5K 70
Ever wanted to see Sirius Black and Remus Lupin try to raise a baby girl? Ever wanted to picture Mad-eye Moody at a tea party? Ever wanted to see Si...