Times Have Changed [MDZS]

By XiexieRourou

Also: 今非昔比 Jīn fēi xī bi Shoved back to his nearly dying 17-year-old past self just after the siege in Burial... More

Prologue: Xi
Chapter 1: Jin
Chapter 2: Revisiting the Past
Chapter 3: Removing Thorns
Chapter 4: I to Him
Chapter 5: Hide or Fight
Chapter 6: Bloody Cold Pond Cave
Chapter 7: Clarity Bell
Chapter 8: Baba
Chapter 9: Longing to Comeback to Gusu
Chapter 10: Suspicious Woman
Chapter 11: Intentional Third Encounter
Chapter 12: The Family of Three
Chapter 13: Orchid
Chapter 14: Hanguang-Jun 《OG Timeline》
Chapter 15: Sect Leader Nie《OG Timeline》
Chapter 16: Token of Engagement
Chapter 17: I Am Out of My Mind
Chapter 18: Zhengye Xiangu
Chapter 19: She's My Responsibility
Chapter 20: I Will Watch Over Her
Chapter 21: Please, do watch over me
Chapter 22: Thousand Years' Sorrow
Chapter 23: Privilege Bestowed Upon Zhengye Xiangu
Chapter 24: Lure The Tiger Out Of The Mountains
Chapter 25: The Stronger The Better
Chapter 26: Magical Wine
Chapter 27: Drunk Lan Wangji
Chapter 28: Who said Hanguang-Jun is as cold as an iceberg?
Chapter 29: Eternal Blood Oath
Chapter 30: Who are you, really?
Chapter 31: This woman is Wei Wuxian
Chapter 32: Who was really lying?
Chapter 33: Do Not Disturb The Newlyweds!
Chapter 34: Fourteen Years Of Yearning
Freebie
Chapter 35: Two Monsters
Chapter 36: Little Devil
Chapter 37: The Savior And His Damsel In Distress
Chapter 38: No paper money for me?
Chapter 39: Chang Clan Extermination
Freebie
Chapter 40: The Reunion
Chapter 41: Yīn Hǔ Fú Didi
Chapter 42: The Hungry Family
Freebie
Chapter 43: Wen Rouhan
Finale: Wang Xian
Extra II: Old Friend
Extra III Part 1: Discussion Conference
Extra III Part 2: Discussion Conference
Extra III Part 3: Discussion Conference
Extra IV: Immortal-grade Pills
Small Theatre

Extra I : Granduncle

2.6K 188 30
By XiexieRourou

⸞۞⸟

Extra I

“Teacher Lan, Pavilion Master Wen is here to see Second Young Master,” a senior disciple respectfully informed Lan Qiren.

Humph! What Pavilion Master Wen? After that woman turned the Wen Sect into her Medicine Association, she became really free, always coming and going in their sect as if it was her own home. Even an elder like him could only be informed of her arrival. She would go straight to Jingshi in her own accord without greeting and giving him some face!    

“Very well,” Lan Qiren calmly dismissed the senior disciple. But when he was finally alone, his true nature quickly showed up. Lan Qiren hastily stood up, rushing towards the direction of Jingshi while mumbling to himself, “Let’s see if I don’t catch you now.”

But he didn’t know that this disciple also informed his eldest nephew of the woman’s arrival. Lan Xichen knew his uncle very well. He knew that he was ‘very concerned’ with Lan Wangji’s matter. Every time, Wen Qing would visit Jingshi, his uncle was also expected to be seen in the vicinity. Lan Xichen gently shook his head as he placed down his brush. A wind blew and in a blink of an eye, he was already gone.

Lan Qiren was really agile for his age and quickly arrive in front of Jingshi in no time. Seeing the woman in green robes walking from the opposite direction, he adjusted his pace and walked in his usual speed, acting as though it was just a coincidence that they met here.

Wen Qing was surprised to see Lan Qiren also coming to Jingshi but she didn’t show it on her face and just smiled.

“Teacher Lan,” Wen Qing cupped her fist together and bended slightly to give respect as Lan Qiren’s former student.

Lan Qiren elegantly received her greeting with a nod. In the next moment, he caressed his goatee and made an allusive remark, “Pavilion Master Wen is really kind to personally come here for Zhengye Xiangu.”

Wen Qing glanced at Jingshi, a trace of affection could be seen in her expression as she started to talk about the woman inside the house, “Xiangu is my family; it is only natural for me to personally take care of her.”

“Indeed, your sect received her aid the most,” Lan Qiren said meaningfully. It was not well-spread, but talks about how the Wen rebels and the Jiang Sect relied on a demonic cultivator to win the war was a common-secret within the cultivation sects.

Wen Qing’s heart turned cold, “What do Teacher Lan mean by these words?”

Lan Qiren puffed his goatee into the air. A while later, he finally decided to talk, “Zhengye Xiangu helped you win the war, but one should not forget that she follows the path of demonic cultivation!”

“And why is that a problem?!” Wen Qing raised her voice, a little agitated.

Lan Qiren was also angered with her response, “The problem is she’s reversing the natural order and ignoring ethics and morality!”

Wen Qing suddenly laughed, “Huh, I know. Was it really about Zhengye Xiangu or you just hated and couldn’t accept the fact that your perfect nephew loves her so much, he could bend the rules that he once strictly followed?”

“Wangji was just being confused!” Wen Qing’s words probably hit Lan Qiren’s sore spot.

“So it was really the case.” Wen Qing nodded understandingly. In the next moment, she looked sideways regretfully, “Sorry but I heard that your family’s curse is to only love one person in a lifetime?”

“Nonsense!” Lan Qiren was so angered that his goatee was quivering.

Wen Qing sneered, “I know Teacher Lan personally hate crook people and I understand that your clan have strict rules against associating with the evil, but Teacher Lan, I have a question for you.”

Her eyes were sharp and cold as she started, “The woman inside that house.” She pointed towards Jingshi before she continued, “That woman that your nephew whole-heartedly loves… let me tell you, all she ever wanted was to protect the innocents, she had sacrificed a lot in this war… even her own heath, her spirit was even severely injured trying to secure the safety of everyone. So now, please tell me if she’s really evil!”

“…,” Lan Qiren paused. Even he wanted to refute Wen Qing’s words, he couldn’t bring himself to do it.

At this very moment, a white figure appeared in the scene.

Lan Xichen stood at the corner and first assessed the situation. This might be funny, but he was expecting to be welcomed by such mess.

He turned to his uncle only to see that he was rendered speechless by Wen Qing’s sharp words. Lan Xichen had to admit that the doctor’s strong personality was really admirable.

Seeing him like this and upon noticing Lan Xichen’s arrival, Wen Qing decided to end the argument. She turned around and started to walk towards the barrier. But before she passed through the barrier, she suddenly paused. Without looking back, she reminded in a calmer voice, “If it was because of her path, I just want you to remember… Who was really stealing from the heaven? Who was occupying the spiritually abundant mountains where the now extinct spiritual beings were originally living?”

She would not blame them for prioritizing their sect’s interest, but she wouldn’t just remain silent seeing their hypocrisy. They could do things in their own standard, but they shouldn’t just go around pointing fingers at others who was not following their set standard.

“I can accept your belief that nothing can be accomplished without standards and that your sect’s foundation was built from your rules, but Teacher Lan should know that rules are not absolute. You said that one should not associate themselves with the evil, but what is truly good and what is evil?”

Lan Qiren remained silent as he watched the figure disappeared inside the barrier. What she said had shaken his cultivation, making his golden core unstable. Amidst the chaos on his spiritual energy, visions started to appear in his mind.

A set of arms supported him from behind before he heard his eldest nephew’s voice, “Uncle, calm down.”

“Xichen?” Lan Qiren looked behind.

“It is me,” Lan Xichen answered, his tone full of worries. “Lady Wen’s words…”

Lan Xichen froze. He couldn’t say that Wen Qing’s words were nonsense. In fact, he also gained enlightenment from her views.

“She is not wrong,” Lan Qiren whispered. At this moment, it was as though he had finally gained an enlightenment. His turbulent energy also started to calm down.

“It was I who was wrong.”

Lan Qiren suddenly chuckled, “Months ago, do you remember when Wangji woke up from a high fever and acted so different afterwards?”

“Mnn,” Lan Xichen nodded.

“It was also the time when a voice started to appear in my dreams, asking me the same question over and over again, asking me between who’s right and who’s evil… Now, his words and identity had become clearer to me.”

All along it was Lan Wangji. Lan Qiren lamented as he recalled the image of his injured youngest nephew from the vision.

His nephew was kneeling and receiving countless discipline whip when he asked him stubbornly, “I dare ask uncle, who’s right and who’s wrong? Who’s black? Who’s white?”

He knew that if it was before, he would be disappointed with Lan Wangji, but what about now? Lan Qiren sighed, “What is wrong, what is right? Who am I to tell?”

Lan Qiren pushed Lan Xichen gently and sat down in a nearby stool in front of Jingshi. “Xichen, I watched both of you and Wangji grow up since you were young. I always treated you like my own. I’ve always been strict with you because I wanted you to always stay on the righteous path. All because I didn’t want you to follow in your father’s footsteps.”

Lan Xichen stared at the tightly closed door of Jingshi. He knew that as the one who casted the barrier, his younger brother could probably hear them, “Uncle, Wangji loved mother so much. He wouldn’t want the woman he loves to experience the same thing.”

Lan Qiren nodded, “I know.”

It was like Lan Qiren had received a great blow. After he and Lan Xichen parted, he found himself reflecting at the back of the mountain. He took this chance to meditate and maybe improve his cultivation.

Amidst his meditation, he suddenly heard a ruckus nearby. Lan Qiren decided to check on what was happening. When he reached the location of the ruckus, he did not expect to see a child playing with Lan Wangji’s rabbits. The child was happily laughing to himself and did not notice his arrival.

The child looked like he was only two or three years old. He was dressed in Lan Clan robes that were surprisingly still clean and without wrinkle. The child’s sitting posture was really impeccable that Lan Qiren even had the illusion that he was seeing the young Lan Wangji.

Lan Qiren approached the child. Noticing the turbulence among his bunnies, the child stood up and turned around.

He couldn’t believe his eyes as he saw the child’s face. This child, he looked so much like Lan Wangji!

One small, one old. The two figures stood facing each other. Both of them showed evident shock on their faces.

“Who’s child are you?” Lan Qiren’s voice was shaky as he asked the child. His eyes couldn’t help but settle on the child’s forehead where the conspicuous forehead ribbon of the Lan Clan was resting.

In fact, he didn’t need to hear the child’s answer because he could clearly recognize the unique pattern sewn on the child’s forehead ribbon. This pattern was the same as his, the symbol of the main clan!

On the other hand, Lan Sizhui did not expect that he would meet Teacher Lan here. Seeing the serious face of Lan Qiren, Lan Sizhui instinctively let go of the bunny in his arms. His back straight as he seriously and respectfully gave his salute. “Teacher Lan.”

Lan Qiren was even more shocked to receive the child’s impeccable greeting. Suddenly, he felt something lit up in his heart. He watched Lan Xichen and Lan Wangi grow. Many people thought that it was because he had no choice. Only he knew that he finds great joy in molding the new generation.

Lan Qiren was happy that the small child that he raised before had now raised his own child well.

He reached out and patted the child’s head. “Good child.”

Lan Sizhui felt that there were goosebumps all over his body. He raised his head and cast an anxious glance at Lan Qiren.

Seeing how cautious this child was towards him, Lan Qiren frowned bewilderedly. He did not speak and just waited for the child to talk, curious as to what he would say. But Lan Sizhui confused it for Lan Qiren showing his dissatisfaction. His instinct took over him as he bowed apologetically. “Pet is forbidden. Causing noise is prohibited. Do not smile foolishly. Sizhui will copy both Virtue and Conduct as a punishment!”

“You…what did you say?” Lan Qiren couldn’t believe what he just heard the young guy said.

Lan Sizhui thought if he said something wrong and remembered that he still did not answer Lan Qiren’s question. “Do not disrespect your elders. Sizhui is sorry, Sizhui should have answered Teacher Lan’s question first.”

He then stepped back a few times before he saluted once again, “This one’s name is Lan Yuan, courtesy name Sizhui. I am the child of Hanguang-jun and Zhengye Xiangu. Because of my mistake, let me copy both Virtue and Conduct two more times.”

“I… You are too young to copy the sect rules.” No, he was not just young to copy the sect rules, he was also too young to memorize and understand them.

“Teacher Lan?” Lan Sizhui did not expect this turn of events. However, he realized that he was indeed too young. Ay! Another slipped in his persona.

Lan Qiren held his forehead. It was the first time that he felt helpless about others taking the rules so rigidly. He looked down and met the adorable face of Sizhui. This child is really not bad, clearly one of the Lans. Lan Qiren had decided, “I’m your granduncle.”

“…”

Lan Qiren, “You don’t have to call me Teacher Lan. Call me granduncle instead.”

“…” Lan Sizhui had become speechless for a second before he obediently followed, “Yes, Granduncle!”

Lan Qiren smiled. No one could really find fault on Lan Wangji and Zhengye Xiangu for having a child so young. Most would even praise them for bringing into this world a so-called never-before-seen genius like this child.

⸞۞⸟
Author's Note

There's still two more extras but I will be on a hiatus for about five months because I'm going to be busy with something. Actually the drafts are almost finished but I don't have time to finalize it. Lovelots. Fret not for I shall return.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.8K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
14.6K 734 9
After the events of guanyin temple, the cultivation world was at peace but one very eventful day a deity decided to give some mortals a second ch...
102K 5.2K 32
Wei wuxian finds some interesting information about himself and the delusional life he had been living. He ended his life by commanding his army to a...
5.5K 154 13
I know what you're thinking, making nonsense about Wei Wuxian had another child? Yep. It's just my my imagination ofc, no need to complain about rea...