He Was Her All 3: Enough is E...

By Skymoon6311

[Book 3] Happily Married and Happily Wed... It's been four years since Mariana and Micah have tied the knot... More

Chapter 1: What They Always Wanted
Chapter 2: New Opportunities
Chapter 3: Dream in Progress
Chapter 4: Playing Together
Chapter 5: Fun Mornings
Chapter 6: Chatting
Chapter 7: Catching Up
Chapter 8: Followed
Chapter 9: Development
Chapter 10: Breakdown
Chapter 11: Making you Feel Better
Chapter 12: Beach
Chapter 13: Moving Ahead
Chapter 14: Baseball
Chapter 15: Partying
Chapter 16: Completed Build
Chapter 17: DisneyWorld
Chapter 18: Crisis
Chapter 19: Deceived
Chapter 20: Following Breadcrumbs
Chapter 21: Hopeless
Chapter 22: Returning
Chapter 23: Getting Help
Chapter 24: Horrible Realizations
Chapter 25: How it All Began
Chapter 26: Comfort and Pastries
Chapter 27: History Logs
Chapter 28: Cheering Up
Chapter 29: Ignition
Chapter 30: Pondering
Chapter 31: Conflicted
Chapter 32: Bittersweet
Chapter 33: Interrogation
Chapter 34: Deeper Outlook
Chapter 35: Nature
Chapter 36: Running Away
Chapter 37: Violent Acts
Chapter 38: Thinking
Chapter 39: A Pleasant Surprise
Chapter 40: Letting it Out
Chapter 41: An Honest Conversation
Chapter 42: Fragments
Chapter 43: Good Hair Day Turn Bad
Chapter 44: Ignorance in Innocence
Chapter 45: Unusual Location
Chapter 46: Gathering Everything
Chapter 48: On The Hunt
Chapter 49: Mariana's Ultimate Revenge
Chapter 50: Uncovered Secrets
Chapter 51: Back to Normal
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: School Issues
Bonus Chapter: Daddy and Son
Bonus Chapter: Out with Cousins
Author's Note
A Piece of Her Heart

Chapter 47: Heart to Heart

13 2 48
By Skymoon6311

The sunny and hopeful colors of dawn filled the wakening sky as Mariana and Micah boarded the plane. Mason and the FBI agents followed them closely behind as they took their seats.

She sat down at the window seat with Micah next to her and Mason on the other side, and the agents seated behind them. She let out a breath of relief as everything went well this morning, and she now can relax as they were on the plane, ready to go to Budapest.

"This is it guys, we are going to get your kids back," Mason said and looked at the pair. "Are you ready?"

"Ready as well ever be," Micah said and clutched onto Mariana's hand. Mariana stroked him with her thumb as they exchanged smiles and nodded. They braced themselves as the plane started moving along the runaway.

Her view was of the early sun that rose into her patchy eyes. She rubbed them and her head laid leisurely to the side. This investigation was finally coming to success, and it was only a couple of hours before they would be reunited with their kids again.

She couldn't imagine how scared they must feel but soon their mom and dad will be able to hold them again, making sure they were perfectly safe. She smiled at the thought of giving them a nice warm bath, wrapping them in a heated towel, bandaging all their wounds with a kiss, and tucking them into bed.

"Hey, I'm just going to listen to music so tap me if you need anything," Mariana said to Micah and got her phone out. She plugged in her earphones and wore an eye mask. She relaxed since they had a long ride ahead.

Micah looked down at their hands still entwined. He pressed them to his lips and settled them down next to her. He noticed some of her curls dripping down her face so he tucked them behind her ear so they don't disturb her. He brushed some more curls to her back so she'll be more comfortable.

"I can see how much you really love her," Mason said suddenly and smiled warmly, but it startled Micah.

"Yeah I do," Micah said and smiled over at his sweet Mariana. He kissed her cheek and left her to rest.

"She's so sweet. I really regret all the sexual comments I made about her," Mason said and rubbed his neck in shame. "I feel sick just thinking about all I said." He suddenly couldn't look in the direction of his brother so stared at the ground instead.

"Good. You should be sorry," Micah said bluntly, stinging Mason with his harsh remark. He started ripping out some fluff that was stuck on his sweater. "Always provoking me with her. You just loved making me angry."

"I did find it funny at first and I thought it was just some harmless teasing, but now I understand why you were so protective of her around me," he mumbled awkwardly.

"Oh yeah, I remember that." Micah chuckled to himself. He remembered those times he never wanted Mariana alone with Mason, even if there was another family member nearby.

"Yeah..." Mason mumbled and sighed. He then took out a picture from his pocket.

"Do you remember this?" He showed Micah the picture which was of the two seated on a plane when they were little. Mason had leaned back and slept, while his arm draped over his brother, whose body flopped over his.

"I think so... who took it?" Micah asked and peered closely at it.

"I think Mom did. I found this under my bed as I was packing my stuff." Mason smiled at the picture and his eyes had a foggy look of distance like they had been pulled in the moment, wishing to go back.

"I really miss when we were kids, we used to do a lot of stuff together," Mason sadly admitted.

"I sometimes miss it. But then Aidan paid more attention to you than me so I don't miss it that much," Micah rumbled a bit. It prickled Mason's skin uncomfortably but he brushed the feeling off.

"I put this into my bag the same time Mom went past my room," he said and flapped the picture around. He rested his arm upon the armrest, as he looked at it longingly. "She only looked at me for a second before walking away. She didn't bother saying anything, but I can never forget that look of disappointment she had of what I had become."

"Who wouldn't be disappointed..." Micah muttered to himself and then brought out his phone. "I would if my son acted like you, especially since all his mother has been through."

"I know. The way I acted was really bad. So that's why I wanted to change after having some time to think about it. It took me a bit of time, but I got there in the end. Then I met this beautiful woman who's now my wife." Mason got out a picture from his wallet which showed him standing next to a young, curvy woman at the beach, with his arm around her.

"Your married?" Micah blinked at the picture in disbelief. "And you respect her?"

"Yes. Her name is María. I met her on one of my business trips, and we instantly hit it off."

"Oh well, that's good. I'm happy for you."

"Thanks." He put his wallet away and then his eyes wandered around the plane. "I wonder when was the last time we even traveled together like this?"

"When Aidan forced us on a trip to the Caribbean for us to sort out our issues," Micah said without hesitation. He stared at Mason with no expression except a scowl.

"Yeah, I remember that. It's a good thing he sent someone to watch over us in case we get into a huge fight." Mason laughed over those moments while Micah still carried his scowl.

"I can see that happening if we weren't watched. You ruined my birthday after all," Micah said, eyeing him up and down with scorn. He then turned his attention to the window and the blanket of clouds that lay in front. Their puffiness clouded the window like candy floss.

Mason gazed at the back of his brother's head, and his face fell into a deep pit of sorrow. His eyes became downcast as he remembered the cruelty he had done to his little brother. The utmost kind of betrayal and then adding salt to the emotional injury which severed their already complicated relationship.

"I'm sorry for that video of me and Electra in your bedroom. Honestly, it wasn't supposed to be in the slideshow I made. I only made that video for memories but I deleted it when I met María."

"So why was it there then?" Micah demanded. His fists shook as he got extremely impatient. "Did you get some sick thrill from seeing me upset over that and throwing up?"

"No! I never put the video there. I wouldn't go that far to hurt you. Electra probably put it there behind my back."

"Are you sure?" Micah's voice was full of suspicion like he was a detective getting to the bottom of an explanation. He wasn't sure whether to believe him yet, although it sounded like something Electra would do.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm not that mean Micah, I know when I've gone too far... I think," he said, but his face became shadowed with uncertainty. "Honestly, it's hard to see when I've gone too far because Dad let me get away with much stuff. So whatever I say or do, he didn't say anything."

"Eh, I'm used to it." Micah shrugged it off like it meant nothing to him. "Aidan always preferred you over me anyway."

"I know, it was pretty terrible," Mason said quietly. "When I first noticed it, I did feel a little bad when you were getting left out by dad. But then he started spoiling me and gave me everything I asked for, so I kind of forgot about it."

"And he did that all because I was interested in something else and not what he wanted..." Micah muttered. He laid back on the seat and glared at the ceiling. He tried not to think about Aidan's actions in the past since he was making up for it. But every time he was reminded, it made him angry.

"But I'm sure he's not like that anymore Micah. How's it been spending time with him all this time?"

"It's been okay. He's said sorry for his actions and promises to do better as a father," Micah said, his bad mood began simmering down. "He even wanted to come to the opening of my restaurant after we get our kids back, but I don't think he's going to come."

"Why not? If he really wants to, then I'm sure he'll make this time," Mason said. He tried to be encouraging.  "I would also like to come if I'm free."

"I will invite him, but I don't think he'll keep his word." Micah frowned and his words had a hollow of sadness in them. "It's hard having high hopes for this."

"I'm sure he'll keep his word Micah, don't worry," Mason said, glancing down at his brother and then at the seat in front. "But I hope after this, we can also have a fresh start," he said with the shine of hope and continued:

"I really hoped this investigation would go well because I wanted to do something good for you, Micah," he said earnestly, "for once."

"Really?" Micah said, raising one brow.

"Yeah. I want to be a better brother to you, Micah." Mason pulled out his fist with the most genuine grin. Micah slowly bumped it and he finally smiled at his brother.

"Thanks, Mason," Micah said.

Mason beamed with a smile and he leaned back on his chair, feeling a gust of relief.

Meanwhile, Mariana smiled as she had her back turned away from them. She had lowered her music so she can hear their conversation, and she felt proud of how far they'd come because of this investigation. She just hoped that they'll be able to go forward and not back.

They then arrived at another international airport and slept overnight. From there, they took a plane that landed them in Budapest.

A/N: Hey I hope you enjoyed the chapter! We are finally in Hungary yay!! Only a few more chaps to go guys! I hope your ready!

I just realised while writing this Micah would have never agreed to be this close to his brother 20 chaps ago.🤣🤣🤣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 3.7K 47
It's been 3 years later an La'Nya and Kaylen are still not together but will that bring them together or cause more drama into their life. *Sequel to...
460K 13.7K 33
*******completed******* My life was great until she stole it from me. she stole my father. she stole my brothers. she stole my boyfriend. blood is...
4.7K 162 23
This Air Force SSgt leaves her love for a new duty assignment. When she returns to reclaim him, she's met with a surprise that breaks her heart. She...
36.9K 1.8K 63
Gabriel and Gyan were college sweethearts, and they thought they had found the love of their lives. Then Gabriel got an opportunity in Australia, and...