𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 - 𝐑𝐚𝐲...

By Gracefieldescapees_

◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥ 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝚁𝚊𝚢 𝚡 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙰 𝙷𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝙰𝚄 𝚘𝚏 �... More

Introduction
⇽𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙾𝚗𝚎⇾
Chapter One - Where It All Began
Chapter Two - The Sorting
Chapter Three - Transfiguration and Potions
Chapter Four - The First Year Seekers
Chapter Five - The First Quidditch Match
Chapter Six - An Unlikely Friendship
Chapter Seven - Letters From Home
Chapter Eight - Christmas Break
Chapter Nine - The Philosopher's Stone
Chapter Ten - Pen Pals and a Stone
Chapter Eleven - The Foggy Gem
Chapter Twelve - The Investigation
Chapter Thirteen - Dragons and Detention
Chapter Fourteen - Pies
Chapter Fifteen - Flying Keys and Wizard Chess
Chapter Sixteen - The End of The First Year
⇽𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘⇾
✵ A/n! ✵
Chapter Seventeen - Meeting New People
Chapter Eighteen - Flying Cars
Chapter Nineteen - Howlers and Mandrakes
Chapter Twenty - Weird Professor and a Crush
Chapter Twenty One - Surprises
Chapter Twenty Two - Cursed Bludgers
Chapter Twenty-Three - Duels, Spiders and... An Admirer?
Chapter Twenty-Four - Petrified
Chapter Twenty-Five - The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Six - The End of The Year
✵ A/n ✵
✧ Incorrect Quotes One ✧
⇽𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎⇾
✯ One shot specials ✯
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Books and Ice Cream
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Dementors
✧ Incorrect Quotes Two ✧
Chapter Thirty - Hogsmeade
Chapter Thirty-One - Quidditch Match Disaster
Chapter Thirty-Two - Stolen Juices
Chapter Thirty-Three - Dreams
✵ A/N ✵
Chapter Thirty-Four - Cats and Eavesdropping
Chapter Thirty-Five - The End of Year Three
⇽𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛⇾
Chapter Thirty-Six - The Muggle World
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Death Eaters Attack
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Announcements
Chapter Thirty-Nine - The Chosen Wizards
Chapter Forty - Love and Interviews
Chapter Forty-One - Flirting
Chapter Forty-Two - Dragons
Chapter Forty-Three - Rumors and Dance Practice
Chapter Forty-Four - The Yule Ball
Chapter Forty-Five - The Golden Egg's Secret
Chapter Forty-Six - Second Task and Stuff
Chapter Forty-Seven - The Final Task
Chapter Forty-Eight - The End of Year Four
✧ Incorrect Quotes Three ✧
⇽𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎⇾
Chapter Forty-Nine - The Hidden Threat
Chapter Fifty - Punishments
Chapter Fifty-One - Interviews
✵Important A/n! Please read! ✵
✵Please Read! ✵
Chapter Fifty-Two - Flashbacks
Chapter Fifty-Three - Stranger's Advice
Chapter Fifty-Four - Umbridge's Club
Chapter Fifty-Five - Notes
✧Incorrect Quotes Four✧
Important a/n
Chapter Fifty-Six - Talks
🎄 Chapter Fifty-Seven - Christmas Special 🎄
✵A/n✵
✵Another A/n✵
A hot mess
Chapter Fifty-Eight - Secret Clubs
Im sorry
Discontinuation - Please Read

Chapter Twenty-Nine - Buckbeak and Fears

393 5 19
By Gracefieldescapees_

The first period of today was Divination. It wasn't very exciting. Weasley predicted how Potter was going to suffer and be happy about it; the Professor said it was "The Grim". And I predicted that Draco was going to find something new. We're now headed to Care of Magical Creatures with the Gryffindors. This lesson should be much more interesting considering that we have Hagrid this period. Knowing Draco though, he's probably going to find a way for this all to go to hell.

     When everyone arrives we all gather around Hagrid and he leads us into a small paddock at the side of the Forbidden Forest. There are flies buzzing around a rack of dead ferrets. I snicker as I look at Draco.

     "Look Draco, it's a bunch of dead, mini yous." He glares at me and shoves me into Ray. I laugh and walk back to him.

     "Gather 'round. Find yerself a spot. That's it. Now, firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books –"

     "Exactly how are we meant to do that?" Draco interrupts Hagrid. I scoff and shove him slightly.

     "Crikey. Didn' yeh know? All yeh've got ter do is stroke 'em. Look –" Hagrid takes my book from me and strokes the spine. The book shivers and stops trying to bite him. Everyone looks at him unsure of if they should do the same.

     "Righ' then. So... so... yeh've got yer books, an' now yeh need the Magical Creatures. Right.So... I'll... I'll go an' get 'em." Hagrid walks off and I look at him sympathetically. I feel bad for him, he's doing everything he can to make this lesson fun for us and Draco is ruining it all. I glare at Draco and he just shrugs and turns to Crabbe and Goyle.

     "God, this place is going to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Draco complains.

     "Listen you stupid little prat–" Potter starts stepping forward to Draco. Draco's eyes widen in mock fear.

     "Potter, there's a Dementor behind you!" I cry out. He jumps and turns around but there's nothing there. He turns around and we flip our hoods up.

     "Ooh..." The others start teasing. Potter's face reddens in embarrassment and we laugh at him. Hagrid comes back leading... a Hippogriff behind him.

     "Gee up, there! Beau'iful, isn' he?" Hagrid grins.

     "Hagrid. Exactly what is that?" Wesley asks.

     "A Hippogriff, o' course. Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know is they're proud. Easily offended, Hippogriffs are. Don't ever insult one, 'cause it migh' be the las' thing yeh do. Right then -- who wants ter come an' say hello?" Everyone steps back, leaving Potter at the front.

     "Good man Harry!" Hagrid leads Potter over to the Hippogriff and tells him how to pat it.

     "Tha's it. Easy now... stop! This here's Buckbeak, Harry. Yeh want ter let 'im make the firs' move. It's polite, see? Jus' take a step forward, give 'im a bow, and if Buckbeak bows back, yeh're allowed ter touch him. Ready?" Potter nods and bows down. Buckbeak doesn't bow down so Hagrid starts telling Potter to walk away, when suddenly, Buckbeak bows down. Potter stands up and starts patting his beak. Hagrid smiles and says that he might let him ride him.

     "Excuse me?" Hagrid grabs Potter and puts him on Buckbeak's back. Buckbeak gallops forward and takes off, soon enough they're out of sight.

     "I guess you just lost your future husband..." I mutter to Draco.

     "HUH?!"

     A few minutes pass and Buckbeak lands with Potter on his back, surprisingly, in one piece. Everyone starts cheering for him, except for Draco who just glares. Hagrid helps Potter off and they have a quiet conversation. Draco huffs and strides forward, pushing past everyone.

     "Draco! Don't!" I try to warn him.

     "Give me a go at that thing. If Potter can do it, it must be easy. You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute –"

     "Malfoy! No!" Buckbeak stands on his hind legs and brings his claws forward down to Draco, knocking him back. Blood starts oozing out from a gash in Draco's robes and everyone shrieks. Buckbeak leans up ready to strike again, before Potter runs in front. Buckbeak quickly lowers himself to the ground and bows upon seeing Potter.

     "It's killed me! It's killed me!" Draco starts crying as he rolls around on the ground, I sigh as I watch him.

     "I tried to warn you..." I mumble.

     "Calm yerself! Yer fine... jus' a scratch..."

     "Hagrid. He's got to be taken to a hospital. I'll go with you, if you like –" Emma tries to help before she is interrupted.

     "No. I'm the teacher. You all... you all just... Class dismissed!" Hagrid picks Draco up and starts rushing off.

Ray's Pov

     It's now lunch time and I'm sitting at the Gryffindor table with the others. I can overhear a bit of Slytherin's conversation.

     "Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Parkinson asks.

     "It comes and goes. Still... I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or two... and I could've lost the arm."

     "That's bullshit Draco! I was there with you. Plus, it's your own fault for angering Buckbeak." Y/n snaps at him. She really is feisty, it's kind of cute... wait, did she say bullshit?! I look over to Norman who is purposely looking away from me. I guess he taught her that.

     "The little git. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron accuses.

     "At least Hagrid didn't get sacked." Emma says, trying to look on the bright side.

     "Yes. But I hear Draco's father's furious. I don't think we've heard the end of this..." Hermione tells us.

     "He's been sighted!" Seamus yells. Everyone crowds around him as they try to get a look at the Daily Prophet. We see Sirius Black on the cover.

     "Achintee? That's not far from here..." Norman whispers.

     "You don't think he'll come to Hogwarts?" Neville asks everyone.

     "With the Dementors at every entrance? Not a chance." Dean tries to comfort him.

     "Dementors? He's already slipped by them once, hasn't he? Who's to say he can't do it again?" Lavender reminds us.

Time skip

Y/n's Pov

     We're now in Defense Against the Dark Arts, with our new professor, Professor Lupin. I'm standing at the back with Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Ray. We're waiting for him to come in so I'm playing with a Rubix Cube that Norman got me. Ray keeps watching me as I try to solve it. I almost have it solved when I get stuck on a pattern I don't remember how to do. I groan and Ray laughs at my misery.

     "What are you laughing at?" I ask him angrily. Ray just shakes his head and takes the cube out of my hands. He turns the sides around for a bit then he gets it. He gives it back to me and smiles.

     "Uh, w-what- how?!"

     "Magic." He winks at me and I shove him playfully. Lupin walks into the classroom and everyone turns to look at him. The closet that is at the front of the classroom starts shaking violently.

     "Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" Lupin asks us.

     "It's a Boggart." The boy named Seamus mutters.

     "Very good, Mr. Finnigan. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?"

     "No one knows. Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so –" Granger explains.

     "Terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands, please... Riddikulus!"

     "Riddikulus!" Everyone chants.

     "This class is ridiculous..." Draco mutters softly. I elbow him in the arm and he winces in pain.

     "Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is... laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Neville, come up here, will you?" Longbottom walks nervously to the front of the classroom.

     "What would you say is the thing that frightens you most?" Lupin asks him. Longbottom mutters something that no one is able to hear.

     "Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry."

     "Professor Snape..." Everyone laughs at this, including Draco who cracks a smile. I see Potter look back and he seemed to be in a daze when he looked at Draco. In the moment that Draco is smiling. Operation Drarry, is a go. I nudge Ray, trying to get his attention. He turns and looks at me a bit annoyed and I point at Potter and Draco. He looks over to them and nods in understanding with a smirk.

     A while passes and it's Ray's turn to turn the Boggart into something funny. Potter has already done it and his result was a bit surprising. As he steps forward, the Boggart starts shapeshifting into something that resembles...a demon?! Just as it arrived, Ray quickly cast Riddikulus and it quickly turned into Don??? Well, nevermind, it was my turn, and as I stepped forward, it started to shift into... mother?! I froze as the boggart started to act like her. The boggart stepped toward me a couple steps, looked around before turning back to me and whispering.

     "Is this really how I raised you Y/n? I must say, I'm very disappointed, infact, I don't think you deserve the name of L/n. I knew I should have sent you to Beauxbatons." That was the last straw. I push the boggart away, making it land on the floor.

     "Stop it, you're not her! You don't know her! You're just a boggart! You're not real! Riddikulus!" I shout in anger, with it turning into Draco being a ferret, but I couldn't focus on that, as I just walked out the classroom as fast as I can, trying to avoid questions.

Ray's Pov

     Everyone looks confused about what just happened. Lupin walks over to me and hands me a bar of chocolate and tells me to give it to her when I see her. I nod and Malfoy looks at me curiously. Lupin dismisses us and I start to look for Y/n.

Time skip

     It's the end of the day and I've spent the whole day trying to find Y/n. How is she so good at hiding? I sigh and decide to go back to the dorms, hoping to find her there. I arrive at the dorms and see Malfoy sitting on the couch.

     "You still haven't found her?" Malfoy questions as he turns around to face me. I shake my head and he sighs and turns away from me.

     "Try the Quidditch Pitch, she might be there letting off some steam." Malfoy suggests to me. I nod and walk out of the dorms, heading to the Quidditch Pitch.

     When I get to the Pitch I see a green blur doing laps around the pitch. I decide to wait until she was done, so I sit on the ground, pulling out a small pocket book sized potions book. A few minutes later I feel a gush of wind pass me and I look up to see her still zooming around. How much longer can she go for? I do suppose that this doesn't take that much energy up though.

     Ten more minutes pass and Y/n finally stops and sees me. She flies over to me and lands next to me. Her hair is all messed up and swept back, her cheeks have a slight pink tint to them, it's kind of cute how she looks right now.

     "Finally done letting out some steam?" She nods and flops onto her back next to me. She groans in pain as her back makes contact with the ground. I sigh and take the chocolate out of my pocket and hand it to her. She looks at the chocolate confused and then she looks back at me, even more confused.

     "Lupin said to give this to you. It's for earlier, back at class. I don't know what you're going through, but I know it's none of my business, so just eat it already." She nods and slowly starts to eat it. A silence falls over us, but it's a comfortable silence. She eats about half of the bar before stopping and looking at me.

     "Why are you still here?" I just shrug and she sighs and asks.

     "Filch and Mrs. Norris?" I nod and she laughs.

     "Knew it, you're a scaredy cat."

     "Says the person who jumped into my arms when they saw a spider in the dorms."

     "That was once! And we agreed to not talk about that!"
     "Well, now we talk about it."

     "Noooo, that was so embarrassing for me."

     "It wasn't for me." She glares at me and shoves me.

     "Shove off, you emo boy."

     "Emo?! When did you learn that?"

     "Norman."

     "No context? Just Norman?"

     "You don't get context."

     "No surprise there."

     We talk for a while and eventually we head back to the dorms. Before we get back to the dorms, Y/n trips and I grab her waist to catch her. When I catch her I get to see her face closer. Were her eyes always this beautiful?

Y/n's Pov

     I trip and almost fall when Ray catches me. Woah, his eyes are cool. They're green instead of black like I thought they were. We stare at each other for a little until I speak.

     "You can put me down now."

     "Oh, right. Sorry." He lets go of me and I stand up. There is an awkward silence between us as we head back to the dorms.

Merlin, this is awkward ...

Chapter Twenty-Nine End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 469 29
┆彡 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃 | 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐍𝐒 - x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅᴄᴀɴɴᴏɴꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ.
185K 5.7K 35
-𝖨𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗌𝖾𝗇 𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗇'𝗍 𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝑂𝑟 -𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗣𝗼�...
30.2K 604 17
This is my first Ray x reader, so I am sorry if I misspelled or anything Y/n, a girl who is a really good sibling with everyone at GraceField and wou...
4.5K 187 30
◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥ Re-write of our fanfic Hated Love ⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅ A slow burn Ray x Reader - Enemies/rivals to lov...