ROLAKE (DISCONTINUED)

By Gay4nutella

~~~~~~~~~~~ #I smiled guiltily, about to turn at a corner. "Well-" I started high pitched, getting ready to e... More

Author's note
•1: SS2 Already•
•2: Dem Babes•
•3: I Don't Like Him•
•4: Surprises•
•5: Adekunle•
•5b: Crushes and Bro Hugs•
•5c: Whipped•
•6: Lunch•
•6b: Spice Palace•
•6c: I'm Famished!•
•7: Making Progress•
•8: Fights and Insomnia•
•9: You're a case I swear•
•10: Oh No•
•11: Stay Happy•
•12: Clubs•
•13: Suspicions•
•13b: Sly Motherf*cker•
•14: Movie Date?•
•15: Unlicensed Snack Supermarket•
•16: Ya Doing Well•
•17: Complicated Species•
•17b: Galaxy Mall•
•18: Talks and Basketball•
•19: Facades•
•20: Bittersweet Nostalgia•
Resumption of updates?🌚
•22: Rubber Duck•

•21: Timiva•

167 52 27
By Gay4nutella

[Edited]

So here's another special character pov🌚, although this might be the first and last time we'll see things from his pov but meh, y'all enjoy it while it lasts😂✌
Dedicated to all my new readers🌚❤, yes I've been noticing y'all and I just wanna say Thank You❤😚. Oh and who likes the new cover?😁

*******
Timileyin Dakolo

Ding ding ding ding ding ding....

I groaned into my pillow, reaching out for the device that made it its decision to ruin my beauty sleep. "What the fuck?" I muttered to myself, squinting my eyes, when I turned the phone on.

It was currently past 1 in the afternoon and I think it's safe to say that I slept my entire morning away. Last night I decided to binge watch The Originals, refusing to sleep until I was done. Completed my task around 5 in the morning and here I am now. Story of my life.

I scrolled down to see what the cause of the ruckus coming from my phone was and almost immediately, I rolled my eyes. It was too early for these children to be chatting. I tapped on the group anyway cause I had nothing better to do with my life.

CRIB GANG😎💨🔥
16 Unread messages

Crackhead😜😚: you guys!!!!

Fkay🙂: what?!

Crackhead😜😚: calm down na Kemi😪. I just wanted you guys to know that I'm bored asf right now 😭

Fkay🙂: do ur maths assignment then. You know we're submitting on Monday.

R.C👑: I completely forgot about it sha😂😭

Toni⛹️‍♀️🏀: Coker we are not surprised 😂

R.C👑: Yenyenyen😒☹

Crackhead😜😚: forget school for now abeg. It's Saturday and I'm hella bored right now😪💔 let's go out🙃

Bami💜: to?

DeinB🤗💕: don't you people have books to read?☹

R.C👑: no🌚

Toni⛹️‍♀️🏀: like Ava said, it's Saturday...

Fkay🙂: honestly, nah😂

Bami💜: wo Bofa leave that one abeg😂. I'm bored in the house so I agree with the rest

DeinB🤗💕: smh😂 oya where are we going?😁

Crackhead😜😚: that's the spirit Bofa!😤😌

I was gonna be free for the rest of the day too so I decided to join them. And again, these girls were capable of killing boredom so I had no reason not to.

TM🥁🔞:
what y'all ladies talking about?🌚

Crackhead😜😚: oh good ur online😂😁 we're thinking of going out but we have no idea where atm☹

R.C👑: ideas anyone?😪

SonOfOrenuga🦅: galaxy mall🌚

TM🥁🔞:
werey so ur even online 😂

SonOfOrenuga🦅: sure na😂

Fkay🙂: we could stop by at WingIt cus I'm craving spicy chicken wings right now😫

Toni⛹️‍♀️🏀: u saying chicken wings is already making me hungry sha

R.C👑: babe ur hungry 90% of the time😂💔

Crackhead😜😚: can't disagree

Toni⛹️‍♀️🏀: assholes😑

R.C👑: we love you too❤

Fkay🙂: so WingIt?👀

Bami💜: sounds like a plan. Time?

DeinB🤗💕: see y'all at WingIt by 2:30🚶‍♀️

With that, I turned off my phone and dropped it on the bed. I sat up, rubbing my eye and looked around my room. It was a mess and I had no choice but to clean it if I didn't want trouble with my brother.

Thirty minutes later and I was strolling down the stairs, my phone in my hand as I scrolled through Instagram. It was already a few minutes past 2 so I had a few more minutes to kill before I drove down to WingIt.

"Where to?" I looked up to see my elder brother Darey, staring at me with a raised brow, a console in his hands.

Darey and I were the only siblings of my parents. I never knew my mom and my dad was, well, busy so it was just the both of us in the house 98% of the time. Darey was a university student. His school wasn't that far from home so he was mostly around. P-man sent us monthly allowances though so it was cool.

"Well my friends and I were bored so we decided to meet up at WingIt and then go to that new mall that they opened not long ago" I said, making my way to sit on the couch beside him and grabbing a console. He had a bag of chips beside him so I decided to help myself.

"Ah I see. Kunle would be there?" He asked, using the console to start a new game.

"He's my best bud," I laughed, eating the chips. "When is he not?"

"Hm so tell me about these new friends of yours cause as far as I'm concerned, you don't really go out with 'friends'" he said, airquoting the friends.

"Well thank you for giving me a reality check on how boring my life is" I grumbled.

He was right though. I was either at home, Adekunle's place or in school. I didn't fancy the highkey cruise life. I was a chill at home person.

"So the friends?" He asked me again as we started the game.

"Well apart from Adekunle, there are six girls and-" before I could even finish talking, he had already paused the game, swerved in his seat and was now looking at me, gawking.

"Bro!" I exclaimed, shooting my hands up.

"Girls" he simply said and I turned to look at him with a duh expression.

"Yes, girls" I said. What was the big deal anyway?

"Class?" He asked again.

"Mine" I said and stuffed my hand down the bag of chips again.

A smirk started forming on his lips and I could only raise my brow at him, munching on the chips.

"For someone who is always stuck in his little friend group, I'm shocked you were able to bag six girls. Six girls!" He exclaimed and I had to back up a bit. Stuck? Bag? Darey was definitely high on something today.

"Okay first of all, I'm a really social person. I have other friends in school but they aren't close. And secondly, I did not 'bag' anything. They're simply a group of friends me and Adekunle befriended and they're kind of cool. Especially Ava-" I slipped out and immediately clamped my mouth shut but obviously I was a little too late because Darey had already grasped what I was about to say and was currently wiggling his brows at me.

"Ava huh?" He said, smirk growing bigger.

"Well uh, I gotta go now, so I'll see you whenever" I said, quickly dropping the console and getting up, trying my best to avoid this conversation.

"Oga you go still meet me when you come back" Darey hollered from behind me as I made my way to the door after grabbing the keys to my Lexus jeep.

"We'll see about that!" And with that, I was out the door.

*******

I veered into the parking lot of WingIt with Ava sitting by my side. Apparently, she had called me, asking if I could come pick her up cause her driver wasn't available at the moment. I agreed and she texted me her location and here we are now. The ride was interesting though. We had a carpool karaoke on our way here. She has a nice voice but decided to sing off key for most of it. I still found her voice beautiful sha.

We got down from the car, after sighting Deinbofa, Folakemi, Ayobami and Shatoni sitting at one of the tables in the outdoor court.

Ayobami had already started waving to us and Ava being Ava, she grabbed my arm and started sprinting to where they were. The distance wasn't even up to 15fts but no, she just had to start running with me hot on her trail.

"Hey ladies!" She squealed, once we got to the table.

"Finally you guys made it!" Deinbofa said, groaning.

Well it was currently 2:48 so I didn't blame her.

"Sick ride dude" Folakemi said to me once we had settled down, referring to my car.

I shot her a cocky grin. "You mean this old thing?" I asked, jutting my thumb towards the direction where I parked my car. A little cockiness never killed anyone.

"Yeah I take it back" Kemi tsked at me, eyed me small, and focused on her phone.

"Where's Rolake? And Adekunle?" Ava did both of us the favour of asking.

"They should be here soon I guess" Ayobami said, shrugging and taking a sip of her smoothie. Now that I see it, they all had smoothies. How long have they been waiting?

"Well I'm sorry but I can't wait for them any longer. I'm just going to order wings for all of us. Bill's on me" Folakemi stood up, saying and I must say, I was touched by her kind gesture. I lowkey thought she was the meanest amongst all of them. I still think that though but not as much.

"Imma come with" Shatoni said, getting up too. And just like that, they disappeared into the restaurant of spicy chicken goodness.

"Finally" I muttered to the hearing of the others who in turn turned towards the direction I was looking at, where Adekunle was driving in with his Ferrari, Rolake sitting shotgun.

"It's about time" Ayobami shouted to them as they got down from the car.

"Good things take time fam!" Rolake exclaimed back as they made their ways toward us. Did I mention that aproko Nigerians were busy looking at us like we were the cause of national hunger.

I got up once they got to where we were seated and gave Adekunle a bro hug.

"Were y'all making babies?" I asked after throwing Rolake a curt nod.

She, in turn, greeted me back with a hit to my stomach. It didn't hurt but just for the sake of her feeling herself, I doubled over in mock pain.

"You're nasty" she said to me, huffed then sat down.

I stood up straight, grinning like a Cheshire cat. "Am I?" I asked rhetorically and then sitting down, slyly putting my arm around Ava's shoulders. I was taking a huge risk here but I had to play it cool.

Rolake shot me a teasing grin while Adekunle shot me a knowing one.

Thankfully sha, Ava didn't seem to mind as she even placed her hand atop mine. Pinch me.

"So where's Toni and Kemi?" Rolake asked, causing a diversion which I was thankful for.

"Ordering wings" Deinbofa answered.

And as if on cue, said girls came out with four big bowls of chicken wings.

"You finally decided to show up" Folakemi said, setting the bowls on the table and Shatoni, flicking her head.

Rolake shrugged, smiling as she reached for a chicken wing almost immediately. Well, we followed her lead, already getting that it's two to one. I think it was quite obvious which pair shared.

*******

"Sick" Ayobami said and I couldn't agree more.

All the hype that Rolake gave this place was totally worth it. I mean, is this Nigeria?

"Dude I feel like we just teleported into another dimension just with, you know, the Nigerians present" Ava said to me, her eyes gazing around the place in awe.

"It's still not as pretty as you though" I said to her, smirking and she let out a beautiful laugh that just sent that weird butterfly feeling that girls usually feel, round my stomach.

"You're cheesy. C'mon let's check this place out" she said, grabbing my arm and pulling me toward the food court that looked like a mini spaceship.

"Sure. Leave us and go for your sweet honeymoon" Folakemi drawled sarcastically from behind me, causing me to howl in laughter.

"Don't take it to heart darling" Ava winked at her and blew her a raspberry.

Rolake and Adekunle had long disappeared once we got here so I had no idea where they were. Children of nowadays.

We got to the court where Rolake had taken pictures which she posted on her Instagram and also sent to the group. Me being the gentleman that I am, I helped Ava with her seat while she sent a smile at me in return. Someone hold my heart.

The past two weeks, Ava and I had bonded really quickly. We mostly spent our time together when the others had ditched us. We'd stay in the love garden exposing different parts of our lives or on the field, where our love for sports drew us closer. I also found out that she was a really gnarly swimmer. She was like a fish in the water, gliding happily around like a swan in the lake. Although she was extremely competitive when she had to be. I keep wondering why she isn't on the swimming team but according to her, land was more of her sanctuary.

Her vibrant energy and her extreme niceness even made me like her the more. She was never mean to anyone and she always just so bubbly. I wonder how somebody with such a small body could contain that much energy in her. It was so much that it started to look dangerous and...unreal.

Although I did notice a few times where she would just sit by herself and stare off into space, probably forgetting where she is. Those times, I would approach her and bring her back to earth and almost immediately, that smile was back on her face. Like it was never there. It scared me a little.

I also noticed how whenever we talked about our family lives, she always switched the subject like a lightbulb switch and divert it to another thing. I concluded that maybe she just didn't like talking about such matters so I tried my hardest not to bring it up.

I also noticed how she loved to bond with students of the lower classes and how she was like a mama bear to them. A few times she had dragged me down to the junior block for her to meet her school sons and daughters. Yes, she had a freaking school family. And it was kind of hard to miss how much she cared for them like they were her own.

"What's going on through that thick headed skull of yours?" Ava asked me, drawing me out of my thoughts.

"Oh nothing. Just how insanely close we've grown in the past two weeks" I said shrugging, my fingers drumming on the table.

"Crazy right? But I actually like spending time with you yunno. It's like a whole new experience for me outside my girl group. A good type of experience" she said, playing with the straw of her drink, shrugging and I could only think 'how tf did that get there?'

"Yeah I feel you" I said, despite my internal conflict.

"I enjoy your company as a friend" she went on and I felt a little piece of my heart shatter. Friend.

"Yeah me too" I forced out either way. Friend she wanted, friend she got.

"Okay enough with the sappy moment!" She exclaimed, doing that her scary switch of emotions.

"I'm hungry" I drawled, throwing my head back dramatically.

Ava giggled cutely, taking a sip of her nameless drink. No literally, I have never seen a drink like that in my life. It was so multicoloured and sparkly. It looked like the universe threw up in it.

"You ate just less than an hour ago" she stated, bringing out her phone.

"Well here we are now ay?" I asked her, smirking and then a flash went off in my face.

I pursed my lips as I watched her laugh at the picture she had taken.

"Can I see?" I asked, stretching my hand out to her.

"Delete it and you will regret having hair" she threatened darkly and I could only gulp. I nodded my head vigorously and collected the phone.

I did what I had to do and put the phone back to sleep, handing it back to her. Ava raised her questioning brows at me (cus she can't lift one), turned on her phone and choked in a laugh.

"Bro what the hell?" She laughed out staring at my handy work. Yes I made the picture her wallpaper. I feel proud.

"I'm definitely leaving this" she said, still looking at it with an amused expression on her face while I shrugged.

"Now back to the serious matter at hand. I'm hungry and I need food" I whined the second part, with the cutest pout I could muster on my lips. I was trying to make her get food for me. I know it's meant to be the other way around but when I'm hungry, I get cranky and I didnt want to get kicked out on my first visit.

"Aiit I got ya. Let's order some weird ass space food and check this place the fuck out" she said already carrying her purse to go order. Remind me to transfer the money back to her. "So what would you like to eat baby?" She asked raising a brow.

Someone catch me!

A/N: yessss another update!

So you guys, tell me what you noticed in this chapter👀

Okay I'll help y'all with the first half: from Timileyin's POV, I'm sure it was quite obvious and safe for me to say that Ava sees Timileyin as a friend and nothing more. And honestly, I've got to give it to the guy, its quite heartbreaking. But to see that he's not trying to push things with her and taking it at her pace is...😩

So I'll leave you guys to figure the other one out yourself. If you have, chop kiss. If you haven't, well you just have to flow with the story🌚❤

So anyways sha, I miss the whole squad together so I just had to input this.

Oh and the Crib Gang group name credit goes to the original owner, my friend, who probably doesn't know the existence of wattpad and that his group name is here😅❤. I couldn't think of anything better.

So I guess that's everything I have to say so yh.

You guys know the drill.
Vote. Comment. Share💕

Till the next chapter🚶‍♂️
Peace✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 15.2K 37
BEING A TEEN SERIES: BIMBO (BOOK 4) That line, that fucked up imaginary line. I like you, you like Bose, Bose likes John, John likes Feyi, Feyi like...
34.6K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
13.3K 914 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
63.2K 10.4K 36
18+ only! 🔥🔥🔥 | Toyin was living her best life! She had the perfect job with an Oil Major, amazing friends, a suitor and a fabulous apartment with...