Lifeafter; The era of the Rev...

By BoundsNovel

(Art by me. Took me a while to do this. So this is the new book cover :3) Humanity has always been curious cr... More

Chapter 1: Survivor
Chapter 2: Encounter
Chapter 3: Rescued?
Chapter 4: End
Author notes and Comment section
Chapter 5: Rebirth
Chapter 6: New beginning
Chapter 7: Hordes
Chapter 8: Nemesis
Author note and comment section #2
Chapter 9: Memories...
Chapter 10: Redemption
Chapter 11: Reunion
Chapter 12: Camp Bound
Chapter 13: ???
The REAL Chapter 13: Mayor
Chapter 14: Breather.
Chapter 15: Resolve
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17: discovery...?
Authors note and comments #4
Chapter 18: disbelief
Chapter 19: Mistakes...
Chapter 20: Mayor
Chapter 22: Growth
Author note and comment section #5
Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Panther...
chapter 25: New life
chapter 26: A change in era
Chapter 27; Future
Author's Note and Comment Section #6
Chapter 28: Scientia's Revelation
Chapter 29: Light in the Corolla
Chapter 30: Mother's domain.
Switching

Chapter 21: Maniac

46 3 0
By BoundsNovel

Corolla: Connection with temporary host has been destroyed..

Returning normal link with original host

......

.........

Connection has been established...

..Returning readers viewpoint to Host..

!!..Success..!!

************************************

"Wake up please...." Was the word that left my mouth as I stared down at Tougz.

    I had lost control of myself briefly and couldn't remember what had happened. But when I regained my senses, I had impaled Tougz and now he was in this mess. not only him, I had nearly caused a serious problem to the camp and Cassei, Grr and the rest were badly injured.

Right now however, they had been healed and were just resting in another room. However, Vira and I were still with tougz...

I bit my bottom lip as Vira and I tried to heal him. I didn't want him to die. Not like this...

   What felt like hours soon ended when he coughed out the blood in his mouth. He groaned a bit before his eyes slowly opened up.
A smile of relief quickly formed as I hugged him tight.

   "Tougz! Y-you're alive.... " I said through tears as he held me and stroked my hair gently.

       "....who knew death was peaceful though... seems you've come back to your senses.."
He said as the guilt hit me more once he spoke.

Just then Cassei and the rest rushed in after Vira had gone to inform them.
Cassei was the first to rush in as she ran straight towards us and hugged tougz tightly.

    "Woah woah calm down! Before you squeeze me to death again." He joked out as Cassei hugged him tighter.

"Idiot... I didn't need your help..." she said weakly.

     "Heh.... would it kill you to say thank you? Still as sassy as ever even when I sav—"

"Thank you..." she said cutting him off. I could tell he was taken aback. He held us both and hugged us till we pulled back where I stood up and moved backwards to allow them to talk better.

   "I really thought you died..." she said as tears ran down her cheeks

"Hah! What do you take me for? Nothing is gonna kill your brother that easily. It's you I'm afraid off though."

    "Oh shut up!!" She said with a small pout As he laughed out right after.

Everyone else soon joined in. Eddie, Ada, Grr, Sohan and Shariq. Vira returned to my side as we stood in the corner. I was too afraid to face them. I was the cause of this to begin with.

  "Damn what a day..." Sohan said as he sat down on the other bed before smiling.

      "First the near death at the outskirts of miska town and now this.. I need a break ha~"
Tougz said as Grr punched him on his shoulder.

   "You got off with a simple stab in the heart. At least if you died it wouldn't have been as painful as ours... we were being tortured." Ada said with a small smile as I bit my bottom lip; Another heavy guilt settling in.

   "If anything, it's this idiots fault" Eddie pointed to Shariq who scratched behind his neck.

"I... I apologize for my actions. I nearly led you all to your death as well as the destruction of your camp. I will take responsibility of my actions as a former member of the mercenaries..."
He said with a light bow as Cassei heaved a sigh before pointing towards my direction.

  "Apologies to her not us. She was already broken before you came and made it worse. If you wanna apologize, do it to her."

I looked away when she pointed at me, my gaze stuck on the floor as I held my left hand; the pressure of guilt at my neck. I felt like curling up into a ball and just cry.

  "I am sorry Mrs Soulen..."

"Oie! We aren't married!" Tougz shouted as I blushed a bit.

    "Ahem... Soulen then. I apologize for my sudden jump to conclusions and assumed you to be an infected. I'd like to take responsibility for my actions."
He said with that formal bow again then placed his right hand on his chest. Was that a mercenary thing?

   I smiled a bit before shaking my head as I looked up to him then at tougz.

  "It's fine..... if anything I'm the one to blame for... all of this anyway... everything that has happened... well most of it has been caused because of me..."
I started as my right eye began to glow.

    "And I've decided to leave.."
The moment I said that, I could feel the disapproval in their gaze. All except Shariq who seemed confused.

"Soulen you don't have to-"

    "I need to leave tougz...if I keep staying here I'll end up bringing trouble to you...and everyone else here... my powers.. I myself is an anomaly that shouldn't exist. I'm worse and more dangerous than the infected that has been here longer than me..."
I pointed out as everyone stayed quiet.

  "Don't look for me tougz.. I know you will... none of you should...it's not worth it... I love you tougz.."

"Soulen! Wait!" Grr's voice was the last thing I heard as the vines wrapped around me and took me back to where it all began.

The corolla of revenants. Down in the crust of the earth was that giant tree that made me what I was.
  As I emerged out of the vines, my revenants were on their knees. They seemed to have been waiting for my return.

  "Welcome back Queen Soulen.." Seraph said as I smiled a bit before they all stood up.

They returned to whatever they were doing as I walked towards the tree and stared at it. My mind instantly returned to mother and her evolution. The cocoon she was in was.. weird. It gave off the same aura and pulse as the tree did.
   I took the moment to merge with the tree again, the familiar and calming sensation returning to me as I allowed my mind roam the space the trees knowledge kept me in.
  Few minutes later, I returned before heaving a sigh as I stared at the tree.
No information on mother. So what happened exactly... knowing her she should be causing chaos somewhere.. no now that she is more advanced, she probably would be building her army and planing. Her goal is clear though. To wipe out humanity..

   If that's the case then I have to be prepared. To prevent humanity from bing wiped out. As well as the life we revenants want to enjoy. I won't allow her have her way and destroy everything. Her and the infected..

  Fenir and Harold came towards me before bowing gently as they stared at the tree.
Vira came afterwards and lead me towards a staircase I didn't even notice was there.
Apparently while I was away, they had began digging and building a sort of living area. They really were adapting more human traits than I thought.
They had dug and made a large part of the opened space into a comfortable living space with couches, tables and some other stuffs.
Granted the couches and everything else inside weren't brand new.

"...Did you guys steal or savage this things..?" I asked as nether of them answered. They instead just looked away which caused me to smile a bit.

I didn't really care anyway. I knew they were doing this for my comfort and for my approval.

"It's fine... I like it. You all did well. " I said as they smiled from being praised.

Once we sat down, I asked Vira, Harold and Fenir to report what they had gathered about the church.
From what they told me, the church wasn't doing anything grand at the moment. For now they had a place of operation and just protected and helped those in need. They stayed in mount swamp which felt weird since the place was mainly covered with swamp and an anomaly inside the muddy grounds.
I nodded gently before leaning down on the chair as I stared up at the ceiling. A smile forming before laughing gently.

"I give up... on all this feelings I've ha up until now. I won't allow them get the best of me again...."

With that decision, I began training my revenants for 5 days. After the fifth day, it was time to go visit a certain old "friend"

Some days after the 5th training section, probably 2 days after.
My revenants and I stared from the top of a very important building.
We were back at hope 101z and the building we were atop was that bastards building.

We stared down before noticing the fat mayor of this town. He was busy talking to some residents as well as members of the combat teams he had formed.

"Let's go say hello..." I said before laughing a bit.

Minutes later and we made our way into his office where we waited for him. Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours. And between those times I had gone through most of the files and documents in his office for a shitty fat guy, he was a decent mayor. Just with a bad personality.

Soon enough, his voice was heard from the floor below. I order my revenants to hid at the sides of the door which Harold and fenir did. Vira stayed on the ceiling with the vines to hold her there while zandolf and Seraph stayed by my side where I sat on the chair and had the back facing the door.

"What another hectic day. Keeping a smile for the residents of this place isn't as easy as I make it seem. All with all the problems that are around... huh?"

I couldn't see his reaction from how I was facing the window. But I could tell he was confused.
The door closed as fenir and Harold guarded the door as he slowly began to panic. I knew this because of how he was fumbling with the objects and furniture in the room.

"H-how?! How are there infecteds in the office! How did they get in.. guards! Gua-Kwah!!" His shout was interrupted by Harold punching him.

He groaned and collapsed on the floor before my own laughter filled the room.
I slowly panned around, giving off a psychotic smile as I stared down at him with my left eye glowing.

  "Y-you..?! You're.... you're meant to be Dead... How are you ALIVE?!" He said as he held his tummy.

     "Good to see you Mr Justin.. Mayor of Hope 101..." I said as I stood up and walked towards the front of the desk before sitting on it as Seraph and Zandolf stood beside me.

   "...Or should I say... The man who caused my death?"I said as I laughed out gently. The look on his face, terror and fear filled me with the pleasure as I stared down at him with a smile.

"Let's have a chat shall we...? Dear mayor...."

*************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

906 306 13
(This was a story where I tried too hard to be smart, it came out as forced and unentertaining. While it was also fun to write, I strongly believe th...
3.3K 376 51
Two girls fighting for survival, in a destroyed world. A world where people eat each other and are beyond recognition. Can they trust each other? wil...
9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
43.6K 432 34
This is my 1st book off of a brain injury that almost killed me i am 6/24 months healed so plz dont hate on me that much. The story is about a younge...