Please Love Me | JJK

By mimiswriting

As the only unmarried Jeon and Kim children, your families propose a union to symbolize your unbreakable bond... More

00
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23 - FINAL
Epilogue: The Honeymoon (01)
Epilogue: The Honeymoon (02)
Epilogue: The Honeymoon (03)
Epilogue: The Honeymoon (04)
Epilogue: The Honeymoon (05)
Epilogue: The Honeymoon (06)
Epilogue: The Honeymoon (07)
Epilogue: The Honeymoon (08)
Epilogue: The Honeymoon (09)
Epilogue: Bonus (01)
Epilogue: Bonus (02)
Epilogue: Bonus (03)
Epilogue: Bonus (04)
Epilogue: Bonus (05)
Epilogue: Bonus (06)
Epilogue: Bonus (07)
Epilogue: Bonus (08)
Epilogue: Bonus (09)
Epilogue: Bonus (10)

Part 8

4.6K 251 6
By mimiswriting

It feels like an almost unnecessary celebration, but that's exactly what this is - unnecessary and a celebration.

After you and Jungkook decided to go through with the engagement the day before, you both told your families immediately. You didn't think it was imperative to have a grand announcement; you just thought to get it over with. You shouldn't have underestimated their ability to make this a big deal but then again, you also didn't expect anything less.

You'd entered your parents' estate and were greeted with an abundance of your and Jungkook's favorite food. The setup in the garden was the kind you'd have when there were social events hosted there; your mother had even put out her most prized flatware and Seokjin brought your favorite bottles of wine of his that he rarely lets you drink. The kids running around even had their bow ties and ribbons on.

You look at your plain and simple blush dress and compare your outfit to the little ones.

"Is there a party I didn't know about?" You call out once you arrive. "I feel slightly underdressed."

"Oh sweetheart, you're finally here," your mother approaches you and pulls you in for a tight hug.

Everyone else follows from both families and embraces you.

"Where's Jungkook?" His father asks, looking around.

"I don't know, Uncle. We didn't come together," you respond nonchalantly.

The distressed look on his face is eased when Jungkook jogs towards you. "What did I miss?" He asks. He looks around and sees the well-decorated venue. "Is this for us?"

"Well, of course! We'd only been planning for this ever since you were both born," Jungkook's mother confesses, a proud smile gracing her face. "But honey," she turns to Jungkook. "You didn't pick ___ up?"

"I... didn't think I should? I mean, we're..." he looks at you, unsure what to say.

"Technically still not engaged," you finish.

You see the panicked looks on your parents' faces. "I mean, there's no engagement ring yet or anything..." you say, making an excuse. You may be engaged but you're not a couple, you clarified to each other.

"Right, that's why we're all here. Come, you two," your mother calls out, motioning for you and Jungkook to follow her towards the table. She guides you towards the two seats at the center. You don't miss the way Jungkook laughs incredulously to himself.

You catch him and he shakes his head, "this is so..."

"Absurd, over-the-top, excessive?" You continue.

You both laugh, wondering what else is in store for today. Your question is immediately answered when Jungkook's mother approaches him with a little box in her hand.

"This is the first piece of jewelry that your grandfather ever bought your grandmother, son, 10 years after they got married" she says. "She handed it over to me when they welcomed me to the family." She opens the box to reveal a silver band with an opal gemstone decorated with a halo of small diamonds. "Here," she says, handing it to Jungkook. "We had it adjusted to ___'s size just in case."

Jungkook takes the box and stares at the ring, something he's very familiar with. He's seen his mother wear this several times; had seen old photos of his grandmother wearing it, too, minus the shiny diamonds twinkling around the gemstone. This is a very special piece of jewelry that's being handed to him, for his future wife.

He turns to Junghyun and Yeri, wondering why such heirloom skipped his brother, looking for any sign of displeasure; he is the elder son, after all. But there is none. His brother and his wife have such tenderness, painting their faces, watching the scene unfold before them.

His mother calls his attention and he plucks the ring out of its box and turns to you. He shakily takes your left hand and you jump a little, surprised, as your friendship has always been void of any kind of physical contact that something as simple as taking your hand is causing your heart to speed up. This is so, so real, you think.

Jungkook slips the ring on your finger and he can't help but admire how beautiful it looks on you. You continue to stare at him as he holds onto your hand, and you're both broken out of the daze when your father calls you from behind.

"Yes, Father?" You turn to him, curious about the small box he has on his hand. He opens it to reveal a platinum ring.

"This was gifted to my father by his older brother who passed away. He gave it to me after I started working at the company to mark that important part of my life." He hands the opened box to you. "I want to entrust it to Jungkook through you. Let it mean something more."

You look at the ring a little longer than necessary and place it on Jungkook's finger, feeling his calloused hand, the one you'll be holding for the rest of your life, the one that will comfort you, protect you, take care of you.

You and Jungkook look at each other with a mix of disbelief, shock, fear, and worry. Your parents had just passed onto both of you very valuable parts of themselves, of your families. If it hasn't sunk in yet what the decision to be engaged really means, and how truly important it is to everyone, now it has, and these pieces of jewelry decorating both your fingers will remind you everyday.

You're both snapped out of your trance-like states with Soojin shouting at the 2 boys who were chasing her around. You all laugh at how familiar the scene is, but it's a welcome distraction for you and Jungkook.

Everyone proceeds to enjoy the food prepared, with you and your now-fiancé constantly glancing at your own and each other's hands where the rings lay. Somehow things still feel surreal.

"So, shall we talk about the wedding?" Jungkook's father asks. You didn't think you'd have to do it so soon, but again, it's not like you expected anything less.

"___ and I have talked a bit about it," Jungkook starts. "Nothing big or fancy. This shouldn't be publicized, which means no announcements."

You'd decided on this yesterday on the way home. If they wanted you two to get married, it would be on your terms. Neither of you are fans of the flashy stuff anyways.

"So, nothing like how all our weddings went?" Seokjin asks, laughing.

"Nothing like those," you confirm. "We want it small and simple. Outside of the city, if possible. If it's as important to our families as you say, then we're the only ones we need."

You don't say that it would be hard to convince outsiders of your relationship, of your love for each other that doesn't exist.

"No worries, honey," your mother says. "Anything you want."

It surprises you how easy this is. You somehow prepared yourself for a debate, if not a battle, over the kind of wedding you'll have, recalling the grand and intricate ones that your siblings and Junghyun had. But the control you're being given is convincing you that there's really nothing more than your families' desire to solidify the kinship through you and Jungkook - it's not a social or business statement, not a PR stunt (which Jungkook had initially suspected given his troublesome past), not a misdirection or a part of a grander plan; it's more sentimental than that. It is, simply put, a union, a symbol of an unbreakable bond that's stood the test of time, love be damned. You wonder if they believe that's something you two can eventually have, though.

The rest of the day goes by too fast. Both of your parents have gone on to discuss the wedding details, which you and Jungkook excuse yourselves from because of the overwhelming feeling of it all, but not before calling your respective grandparents and having both of you commit your Sundays to planning and dealing with wedding stuff.

The rest of you proceeded to the den to play with the kids and finally tell them why they were forced to wear their prettiest clothes because "Uncle Jungkook and Auntie ___ are getting married," to which Jihoon shouts, "I'm going to have a cousin!" Your siblings couldn't help but laugh at the scandalized look on both of your faces.

As everybody prepares to leave and your siblings give each of you their final congratulations and hugs, Seokjin turns to Jungkook and says, within your earshot, that "I love you like a brother but I'd do anything for my sister; please don't hurt her."

Junghyun repeats what Seokjin said and as Jungkook assures his brother and yours that no, he won't hurt you, he looks at you and admires the joy that naturally radiates from you. Suddenly he thinks you're too beautiful for this world, and the thought of how loved you are by everybody he cares about scares him more than anything because deep inside, he doesn't know if he could ever truly love you the way they want him to, the way they think you deserve.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 976 10
"So, Jungkook, what do you want as your first gift of marriage?", Taehyung asked. "Will you give anything I ask for?", Jungkook asked peering into hi...
1.5M 47.9K 43
โ˜…ๅฝกใ€€In a world where everyone relies on a heart located on their wrist, the heart that turns purple once their soulmate is in reach. Soyoung believes...
465K 13.2K 27
A story of two people finding home in eachother. No drama, No angst just a simple love story of a normal girl and a Cold CEO who got arranged by the...
35.5K 1.4K 17
A Tale of arrange marriage