ᴇᴘʜᴇᴍᴇʀᴀʟ | Harry Potter X Re...

By padfootsQuill

After Y/N Black's mother was murdered along with the Potter's and her father was wrongfully sent to Azkaban... More

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ
00- 𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔢
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔡 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯
-ʏᴜʟᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ ᴅʀᴇꜱꜱ-
- 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯 -
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
56
57
𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯
-𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯-
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

55

10K 388 1.6K
By padfootsQuill

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

Cedric had never felt more annoyance in his entire 17 years of life.

The hedge roots had pulled him into them, dragging him along the twigs and leaves, and once they had pulled him out, he was thrusted out into the clearing.

The hufflepuffs groaned in disappointment as he had failed.

Amos Diggory looked bitter.

Hermione was getting impatient of Y/N's tardiness, she assumed that Y/N was unable to find them and sat somewhere else.

The Gryffindors were screaming and cheering with joy. Harry was the only one left.

Krum had been pulled out by the sparks, Fleur too had been dragged out just like Cedric, and Harry was the last one inside.

"It seems Harry Potter will be arriving at any moment!" Ludo Bagman exclaimed, the Hogwarts band began playing their music happily, as healers came to mend Cedric's very mild wounds and bruises.

He'd once again, been beaten by a 14 year old.

Harry fucking Potter.

***

Y/N had woken up in a much different environment.

It was a graveyard, she noticed, the headstones with small names scribbled on them.

She couldn't quite read anything, her mind was hazy, vision blurred, it felt odd.

She was no longer morphed, instead, she found herself standing, her back flat against what felt like a wall.

There were thick coarse ropes binding her to it.

She could escape, she supposed, if she really wanted to.

But she felt so weak, limp almost.

Whatever spell Crouch had placed on her, kept her feeling exhausted. Even the thought of morphing into anything gave her a headache.

It would be useless right now anyways, she wouldn't know where to go.

Crouch was nowhere to be seen, she assumed he went to the third task, to keep fooling everyone, the idiots.

How is it that she, a 14 year old student, could figure it out, and Dumbledore couldn't?

The man was too trusting.

As her vision began to clear, Y/N could make out a short cloaked figure. He was holding what appeared to be a bundle of fabric that seemed like it could be a baby of sorts.

She didn't feel truly startled until it started to get closer.

The shadowy figure grew closer and closer.

One step at a time.

And then she realized who it was.

She let out a deep breath.

"Fucking hell. Can't you just die already?" She said with a hard glare, her energy quickly coming back as she was filled with anger.

She wanted to kill him.

The existence of Peter Pettigrew infuriated her.

He looked rather frightened.

"Try—Try anything, and I'll make it worse on your little boyfriend." he said to her, using his wand to tighten the ropes.

"Wh-" she shut her mouth to keep any sound of pain inside of her, the rope was practically digging into her skin. She refused to give him the satisfaction.

A loud thud was enough to turn their attention away, she turned her head towards the source of the sound.

No!

Harry felt his feet slam into the ground, he fell forward, expecting to hear the crowd cheering.

It was quite the opposite actually.

His hand had let go of the Triwizard Cup.

Was this a part of the task? He hadn't known that the cup would be a port key.

"Harry!" Y/N shouted in an attempt to warn him. Harry froze.

Y/N? He thought, recognizing her voice immediately.

Before he had the chance to turn his vision to the direction of her voice, he felt his scar explode with pain. He grunted, his knees buckling as he clasped his hand around his scar. The pain was far worse than anything he had ever felt.

His wand slipped from his fingers. It felt like his head was being torn apart. He was on the ground, groaning out in pain.

Y/N felt like her heart was being ripped from her chest. The sight itself pained her.

She easily morphed into the same form she had taken before, a hamster. The small form dropped to the ground from where she had been.

and merlin was it painful.

She hadn't even considered the drop, she was sure she had broken something in her foot. Still, she turned back, rushing over to Harry.

She morphed back, wrapping her arms around Harry.

"Go-" Harry said, sounding almost out of breath. "Please Y/N."

"You're an idiot if you think I'm leaving you." She said, trying to help him to his feet.

It was useless. Harry couldn't support his own weight with the amount of pain that continued to course through his body.

She felt a wand prod the side of her neck. Y/N froze in her spot, her hand laced with Harry's.

It was all so quick. It was useless to try and fight back.

Wormtail used his wand to move Y/N and Harry to what now she could see was a massive headstone.

Harry's hand seemed to almost tighten around hers as he read the name on the stone.

T O M   R I D D L E

Y/N felt her heart drop.

Fuck.

Their backs were slammed against the tombstone. The same thick ropes wrapping themselves around the both of them, their hands were still intertwined. It was the only comforting part of the entire situation.

Harry felt like his entire world was ending.

His mind was on one thing. One person in particular.

His person.

Y/N.

Harry felt like he could be sick.

His hand held hers tightly, his thumb rubbing her hand softly, trying to soothe her worries, to ease whatever he was sure she was feeling.

Harry didn't speak as the cloaked man tightened and adjusted the rope, it wasn't until his eyes centered on the man's hand.

He was missing a finger.

"You!" He gasped.

Wormtail didn't reply, he busied himself by checking the tightness of the cords. Once he was sure that neither of them could move, he turned around, walking off.

"It's—"

"Pettigrew, I know," Y/N said. She couldn't move an inch.

"Are you hurt?" Harry asked, wishing he could look at her, make sure she was okay. He wanted so desperately to look into her beautiful Y/e/c eyes. "Did he hurt you?"

Her ankle felt like it was injured, not broken. Perhaps a sprain of some sort.

"I'm okay," she said. "Really." She said, trying to convince him. "You're the one that's not okay"

He ignored her worry. "Get out of here, you can do it, easily. Please Y/N, that's all I ask, I want you to be safe, you can escape." He said in a rushed voice, the panic clear in his tone. "Please."

Though she felt awful that she was the cause of his very clear distress. The thought itself, the simple idea of leaving him to escape, sounded like stupidity.

"Harry."

"What?"

"Shut the fuck up."

He was silent for a moment.

"But—"

"Shush"

"Y/N."

"What?"

"You shut the fuck up."

She drew a dramatic gasp. "Harry James Potter. Did you just swear at me?"

Harry was growing frustrated.

"Merlins Y/N. I'm begging you." He said, closing his eyes. He could still feel the lingering pain in his scar. "Leave before he comes back."

"I'm not leaving you"

"Y/N." He said, his voice almost pleading.

Y/N gave his hand a slight squeeze. "We either leave together, or we don't leave at all."

Before Harry even had the chance to respond, they heard the sound of wormtail's fast, wheezy breathing, it grew louder. It sounded as though he was forcing something heavy across the ground.

"What's that"

"Dunno"

Their rings were both hot against their fingers.

They saw him pushing a stone cauldron to the foot of the grave. It was full of what seemed to be water.

Y/N could hear it slopping around. It was larger than any cauldron she had ever used or seen.

It was deep enough for a full-grown man to sit in.

Wormtail had set the bundle of robes down on the ground.

Y/N could feel the sudden tension in Harry.

"Does it hurt again?" She asked in a hushed whisper.

"A bit," Harry said. Though she could hear it in his voice, it was much worse than he made it out to be.

Whatever it was, that thing in the bundle of robes was causing it.

Wormtail was busying himself at the bottom of the cauldron with a wand. Suddenly there were growing flames beneath it.

Y/N watched as a large snake slithered up to their feet, then it retreated, slithering away into the darkness.

Y/N and Harry had their eyes trained on the cauldron. The liquid inside seemed to heat very quickly.

The surface had begun to bubble, sending out fiery sparks.

"Hurry!" Came a cold voice.

Y/N and Harry snapped their heads towards the sound. Wormtail began to move quicker, looking afraid. Y/N wanted to desperately know what was inside the robes.

Only a few moments later, the whole surface of the water was alight with sparks.

"It is ready, Master."

"Now . . ." said the cold voice.

Wormtail pulled open the robes on the ground, revealing what was inside them.

Y/N and Harry both stared in utter disbelief, disgust, and fear.

The thing Wormtail had been carrying had the shape of a crouched human child, except that it looked nothing like a child. It was hairless and scaly-looking, a dark, raw, reddish black. Its arms and legs were thin and feeble, and its face, unlike any child. It was flat and snakelike, with gleaming red eyes.

The thing seemed almost helpless; it raised its thin arms, put them around Wormtail's neck, and Wormtail lifted it.

His hood fell back, Y/N could see the look of revulsion on Wormtail's face as he carried the creature to the rim of the cauldron.

He lowered the creature into the cauldron; there was a hiss, and it vanished below the surface; she could hear its body hit the bottom with a soft thud.

What in Merlin's name is that?

Harry knew the source of his pain came from that thing. It was like a knife was being twisted into his brain, slowly and precisely. It was horrible. He kept his composure, not wanting to worry Y/N.

Let it drown, Harry thought, his scar burning. Please. Let it drown.

Wormtail began speaking. His voice was shaky.

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!"

The surface of the grave at their feet cracked. Horrified, they watched as a fine trickle of dust rose into the air at Wormtail's command and fell softly into the cauldron.

The surface of the water hissed; it sent sparks in all directions and turned a vivid looking blue.

Now Wormtail was whimpering. He pulled a long, thin, shining silver dagger from inside his cloak. His voice broke into petrified sobs.

"Flesh — of the servant — w-willingly given — you will — revive — your master."

He stretched his right hand out in front of him — the hand with the missing finger. He gripped the dagger very tightly in his left hand and swung it upward.

Y/N gasped in realization as to what he was going to do. She shut her eyes as tightly as she could. Both she and Harry were gripping each other's hands.

They however couldn't block the scream that rang loudly. It sickened her. Y/N didn't even have to watch to know what it looked like.

She heard something fall to the ground. They could hear Wormtail's heavy panting, then a sickening splash, as something was dropped into the cauldron.

Wormtail was gasping and moaning with agony.

Y/N opened her eyes, the caldron shone a bright crimson. The sparks emitted looking far brighter than before.

Worm tail held the dagger in his hand, walking towards them.

No.

Towards Harry.

"B-blood of the enemy . . . forcibly taken . . . you will . . . resurrect your foe."

"No stop!" Y/N cried as wormtail gripped his arm.

Harry let out the slightest whimper, as the silver dagger dug into his arm, slicing downwards in one quick motion.

He was clenching his jaw so hard, Harry thought he might shatter his teeth.

Fucking hell. He felt as if he could scream. He opened his eyes, watching as Wormtail carried the dagger over to the cauldron, letting the large drops of blood fall into it.

The liquid within turned, instantly, a blinding white. Wormtail, his job done, dropped to his knees beside the cauldron, then slumped sideways and lay on the ground, cradling the bleeding stump of his arm, gasping and sobbing.

She would kill him.

Harry was breathing heavily, not even having the option to inspect his now wounded arm.

All Y/N wanted to do was pull him into her arms and promise him that it would all be okay.

But not even she believed herself.

The cauldron was simmering, sending its sparks in all directions, so blindingly bright that it turned all else to velvety blackness. Nothing happened for a few moments.

And then, suddenly, the sparks rising from the cauldron were extinguished. A surge of white steam billowed thickly from the cauldron instead. Through the mist in front of them, Y/N could see the dark outline of a man, tall and skeletally thin, rising slowly from inside the cauldron.

"Robe me," said the cold voice from behind the steam, and Wormtail, sobbing and whining, still cradling his mutilated arm, scrambled to pick up the black robes from the ground, got to his feet, reached up, and pulled them one-handed over his master's head.

The thin man stepped out of the cauldron. Walking towards them. Though his eyes hadn't even acknowledged Y/N, he was staring at Harry.

Harry stared back, the one thing that had haunted his nightmares.

Lord Voldemort had risen again.

Y/N felt like her voice had been cut off simply at the sight.

Voldemort looked away and began examining his own body. His hands were large and pale, his long white fingers caressed his own chest, his arms, his face; the reddish eyes, whose pupils were slits.

He held up his hands and flexed his fingers, his expression concentrated and attentive.

He didn't take the slightest notice of Wormtail, who laid twitching and bleeding on the ground, nor of the large snake, which had slithered back into sight and was circling Y/N and Harry again, hissing.

Voldemort slipped one of his hands into a deep pocket and drew out a wand. He caressed it gently and then he raised it, and pointed it at Wormtail, who was lifted off the ground and thrown against the headstone where they were tied,

He fell to the foot of it and lay there, crumpled up and crying. Voldemort turned his eyes upon Harry, laughing coldly.

Wormtail's robes were glistening with blood now; he had wrapped the stump of his arm in them.

"My Lord . . ." he choked, "my Lord . . . you promised . . . you did promise . . ."

"Hold out your arm," said Voldemort lazily.

"Oh Master . . . thank you, Master . . ."

He extended the bleeding stump. "The other arm, Wormtail."

"Master, please . . . please . . ."

Voldemort bent down and pulled out Wormtail's left arm.

He forced the sleeve of Wormtail's robes up past his elbow, and Y/N could see it, the tattoo.

A skull with a snake protruding from its mouth — the image that had appeared in the sky at the Quidditch World Cup, the Dark Mark.

Voldemort examined it carefully, ignoring Wormtail's uncontrollable sobbing.

"It is back," he said softly, "they will all have noticed it . . . and now, we shall see . . . now we shall know . . ."

He pressed his long finger to the brand on Wormtail's arm.

The scar on Harry's forehead seared with a sharp pain again, and Wormtail let out a fresh grunt.

Harry felt like he could pass out.

Y/N watched as the mark on Wormtail's arm grew darker, a jet black as opposed to the faded color it had been.

The sky grew darker. Y/N could see almost immediately how there was fog moving in the air, or maybe it wasn't fog, it was growing closer.

Black smoke that seemed to be moving around, circling the air.

Voldemort watched with a look of satisfaction on his face. The figure landed, only then could Y/N see that they were men, all wearing hooded pointy cloaks and masks.

Deatheaters.

"Welcome my friends." Voldemort said, walking to the middle of them, they had formed a circle. "Thirteen years it's been, and yet, you stand before me as though it were only yesterday." His tone shifted, deeper and colder. "I confess myself.. disappointed, not one of you tried to find me."

"Crabbe!" He reached out, ripping the masks from them, they seemed to disappear into smoke.

"Nott!"

"Macnair!"

"Goyle!"

He stepped to the last one. His steps slower. "Not even you, Lucius." He ripped the mask from him.

He fell to his knees.

"My lord.. had I detected any sign or whisper of your whereabouts—"

"There were signs my slippery friend. And more than whispers." Voldemort replied.

Lucius looked at him almost pleadingly.

"I assure you my lord. I had never renounced the old ways." He took off his hood and stood up. "The face I have been obliged to present each day since your absence, that was my true mask."

Y/N could have scoffed.

"I- i- returned" Wormtail said, letting out a whimper as Voldemort strode to him.

"Out of fear! Not loyalty." Voldemort said. Wormtail cowered. "Still, you have proved yourself useful these past few months, Wormtail."

With the swish of his wand, a silver hand grew on the stub of wormtail's arm.

Wormtail let out a breath of relief, lifting his arm up to inspect his new hand. "Th- thank you master.. thank you.."

Voldemort turned his eyes upon the gravestone, his eyes rested on Y/N.

He tsked.

"Y/N.. Y/N" he stepped closer. "I feared we wouldn't have you here today." He reached an arm out, his fingers just inches away from touching her.

It felt surreal. All of this. She has frozen in her spot, seeing him so up close. The man who had murdered her mother, the man who had made Harry's life a complete misery.

"Don't touch her!" Harry shouted, struggling against the ropes. Voldemort snapped his head towards him. He grinned.

"Harry! Oh! I'd almost forgotten you were here. Standing on the bones of my father." He stepped closer. "I'd introduce you, but word has it you're almost as famous as me.. these days." He turned around, facing his deatheaters. "The boy who lived.." he turned his head back towards Harry, glaring almost.

"You know, of course, that they have called this boy my downfall?" Voldemort said, his eyes upon Harry, "You all know that on the night I lost my powers and my body, I tried to kill him. His mother died in the attempt to save him — and unwittingly provided him with a protection I admit I had not foreseen. . . . I could not touch the boy."

Voldemort raised one of his fingers and put it very close to Harry's cheek.

"His mother left upon him the traces of her sacrifice. . . . This is old magic, I should have remembered it, I was foolish to overlook it . . . but no matter. I can touch him now."

Harry felt the tip of the long finger touch him, and thought his head would burst with the pain.

Voldemort laughed softly in his ear, then took the finger away and continued addressing the Death Eaters.

"I miscalculated, my friends, I admit it. My curse was deflected by the woman's foolish sacrifice, and it rebounded upon myself. Aaah . . . pain beyond pain, my friends; nothing could have prepared me for it. I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, but still, I was alive."

"What I was, even I do not know . . . I, who have gone further than anybody along the path that leads to immortality. You know my goal — to conquer death. And now, I was tested, and it appeared that one or more of my experiments had worked . . . for I had not been killed, though the curse should have done it. Nevertheless, I was as powerless as the weakest creature alive, and without the means to help myself . . . for I had no body, and every spell that might have helped me required the use of a wand"

"Only one power remained to me. I could possess the bodies of others. I sometimes inhabited animals — snakes, of course, being my preference...."

Harry was breathing heavily. "Please go." He whispered weakly, caressing Y/N's hand with his own. "Please."

"I'll say it once more Harry" she said softly. "We leave together, or not at all"

"Please." He was desperate. Harry just wanted her to be safe.

"—There was no hope of stealing the Sorcerer's Stone anymore, for I knew that Dumbledore would have seen to it that it was destroyed. But I was willing to embrace mortal life again, before chasing immortality. I set my sights lower . . . I would settle for my old body back again, and my old strength. I knew that to achieve this — it is an old piece of Dark Magic, the potion that revived me tonight — I would need three powerful ingredients. Well, one of them was already at hand, was it not, Wormtail? Flesh given by a servant. . . . My father's bone, naturally, meant that we would have to come here, where he was buried. But the blood of a foe . . . Wormtail would have had me use any wizard, would you not, Wormtail? Any wizard who had hated me . . . as so many of them still do. But I knew the one I must use, if I was to rise again, more powerful than I had been when I had fallen. I wanted Harry Potter's blood."

"I wanted the blood of the one who had stripped me of power thirteen years ago . . . for the lingering protection his mother once gave him would then reside in my veins too. . . ."

"But how to get at Harry Potter? For he has been better protected than I think even he knows, protected in ways devised by Dumbledore long ago, when it fell to him to arrange the boy's future. Dumbledore invoked an ancient magic, to ensure the boy's protection as long as he is in his relations' care. Not even I can touch him there. . . . Then, of course, there was the Quidditch World Cup. . . . I thought his protection might be weaker there, away from his relations and Dumbledore, but I was not yet strong enough to attempt kidnap in the midst of a horde of Ministry wizards. And then, the boy would return to Hogwarts, where he is under the crooked nose of that Muggle-loving fool from morning until night. So how could I take him?.. to ensure that the boy's name was entered into the Goblet of Fire. Use my Death Eater to ensure that the boy won the tournament — that he touched the Triwizard Cup first — the cup which my Death Eater had turned into a Portkey, which would bring him here, beyond the reach of Dumbledore's help and protection, and into my waiting arms. And here he is . . . the boy you all believed had been my downfall. . . ."

He faced Harry once again. His eyes shifting to Y/N.

"And now back to you my dear." He said, his vision dropping to their hands. "Ah yes. Oh the tales of young love." A swish of his wand tore them apart. Y/N had been released from the ropes, she landed on the ground, steadying herself so that she wouldn't fall.

"I'm afraid I am going to have to end it, for your focus will be solely on serving me. Harry Potter is my enemy, and he is now yours as well. Understood?"

Y/N looked at him, her eyes glancing at Harry he was struggling harder than ever.

She turned back to Voldemort, glaring.

"You do realize I'm 14?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "You've got to be fucking psychotic to find me useful."

Several of the deatheaters froze.

Harry himself had never felt more terrified.

"You insolent little brat!" Lucius said, taking a step forward. His wand was raised. "You respect the dark lord!"

Voldemort looked amused. "Now now, Lucius. Put the wand down. If shes anything like her father, I expected the fight. Now." He faced her again. "You are of great use to me. Your ability is rare, and I require it. Do you accept or deny to join us."

Merlins she wished she had her wand.

"You killed my mother"

"She was waste of pureblood." He seethed.

She scoffed.

"Crucio!"

Y/N didn't feel herself as she sank down, her knees hitting the ground as she tried to keep in any sound. It felt like millions of tiny sharp knives were stabbing her, over and over again, her body felt hot, scorching hot. Her vision had gone back, she could hear Harry shouting in the background, and then a loud thud as the curse was lifted from her.

She took deep heavy breaths. Her body was limp, her legs felt like jelly.

"Grab the girl." She heard his voice say. "Pathetic bloodtraitor." He muttered.

She felt hands grab her arms, lifting her and pulling her away, and then she heard screams. 

Shouts of pain and agony. 

She couldn't do anything.

"You see how foolish it was to suppose that this boy could ever have been stronger than me," said Voldemort. Y/N could hear Harry's panting.

"But I want there to be no mistake in anybody's mind. Harry Potter escaped me by a lucky chance. And I am now going to prove my power by killing him, here and now, in front of you all, when there is no Dumbledore to help him, and no mother to die for him. I will give him his chance. He will be allowed to fight, and you will be left in no doubt which of us is the stronger" he whispered, "Tend to the boy Wormtail, and give him back his wand."

Wormtail approached Harry, who scrambled to find his feet. His eyes searched for Y/N.

She was being held in place by Crabbe and Goyle. Lucius was glaring at her.

Her eyes met Harry's and she shook her head.

Please don't do anything stupid. She thought. Harry himself was struggling to stand steadily, the would on his arm had resurfaced, the stinging feeling almost excruciating.

Wormtail handed Harry his wand, then quickly proceeded to the circle of deatheaters.

"You have been taught how to duel, Harry Potter?" said Voldemort softly.

Harry was holding his wand shakily, his grip tight.

"We bow to each other, Harry," said Voldemort, bending a little, but keeping his face upturned to Harry. "Come, the niceties must be observed. . . . Dumbledore would like you to show manners. . . . Bow to death, Harry. . . ."

The Death Eaters were laughing. Voldemort's mouth was smiling.

He would die. He would die and then they would kill Y/N. Harry thought. His mind fogged up.

He would die.

And Y/N would be killed.

Merlin. He just wanted to save her.

He didn't bow. Harry didn't want to give him the satisfaction.

"I said, bow," Voldemort said, raising his wand. Harry felt his spine curve as though a huge, invisible hand were bending him ruthlessly forward, and the Death Eaters laughed harder.

Y/N raised her leg and stomped on Goyle's foot. Shutting him up. He let out a howl of pain and tightened his grip on her.

"Very good," said Voldemort softly, and as he raised his wand the pressure weighing down upon Harry lifted. "And now you face me, like a man . . . straight-backed and proud, the way your father died. . . . and now — we duel."

Voldemort raised his wand, and before Harry could do anything to defend himself, he had been hit again by the Cruciatus Curse.

He couldn't help the scream that erupted in his throat, it had been far worse than before. He felt like he was being killed. The curse was lifted and he took a few moments to breathe.

The deatheaters were laughing, making a mockery of him. Harry rolled over and scrambled to his feet; he was shaking uncontrollably as he staggered sideways into the wall of watching Death Eaters, and they pushed him away, back toward Voldemort.

"A little break," said Voldemort, "a little pause . . . That hurt, didn't it, Harry? You don't want me to do that again, do you?"

Harry didn't answer.

"Answer me Harry." He ordered.

Harry kept his eyes averted. He needed to be okay. He needed to get out of this, to get Y/N out of this.

"You won't answer? Harry, obedience is a virtue I need to teach you before you die. . . . Perhaps another little dose of pain?" Voldemort raised his wand, but this time Harry flung himself sideways onto the ground, he rolled behind the marble headstone of Voldemort's father, and he heard it crack as the curse missed him.

"We are not playing hide-and-seek, Harry," said Voldemort's soft, cold voice. "You cannot hide from me. Does this mean you are tired of our duel? Does this mean that you would prefer me to finish it now, Harry? Come out, Harry . . . come out and play, then . . . it will be quick . . . it might even be painless . . . I would not know . . . I have never died. . . ."

Y/N felt sick to her stomach. Harry was fighting for his life and she couldn't do anything.

Harry stood up, gripping his wand tightly in his hand as he thrust it out in front of him.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Avada Kedavra!"

A jet of green light issued from Voldemort's wand just as a jet of red light blasted from Harry's they met in midair.

Y/N watched in horror as Harry struggled to keep up his side.

The Death Eaters were shouting, asking Voldemort for instructions. They dragged Y/N closer as they were closing in, forming a circle around Harry and Voldemort. Most of them had drawn their wands.

"Do nothing!" Voldemort shrieked to the Death Eaters, and Harry saw his eyes wide at what was happening, saw him fighting to break the thread of light still connecting his wand with Harry's.

"Do nothing unless I command you!" Voldemort shouted to the Death Eaters.

Just then, thin gold bright bands erupted from the wands, trapping Harry and Voldemort in a dome shaped space.

It stayed that way, for what felt like an eternity, the death eaters seemed uncertain as to what they should do. Y/N knew that trying to intervene would just distract Harry, she'd ruin it.

And then she watched, Harry had been pulled out of the dome. He was looking for her.

"Stupefy!" He shouted, stunning both Crabbe and Goyle.

"Harry—"

"STUN HIM!" She heard Voldemort shout. "Stand aside! I will kill him! He is mine!" He shrieked.

He gripped onto her arm, pulling her right up against him. "ACCIO!" He shouted, the Triwizard cup flew right into his hand, he caught it by the handle.

He heard Voldemort's scream of fury at the same moment that he felt the earth shift.

_____________________

A/N: i swear I'll have more consistent updates in the summer💀

Please do nag me to update, it's incredibly motivating 🤪🤞🏼✨

_____

𝔈𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔩

________

"ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴀꜱᴛ"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 161 32
Now forced into a sub-alliance within the Order of the Phoenix, Sirius Black and Hogwarts Headmaster Severus Snape are living with their wives Collee...
9.8K 448 22
Harry Potter has been through some things in his sort life. His parents were killed by Lord Voldemort when he was just a baby, he spent ten years wit...
34.2K 878 81
❈ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ❈ 〖 Harry Potter x Fem!reader - Mas...
793 65 39
❝𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝.❞ Jupiter Black has been isolated her entire life until the age of thirteen. During a due...