Expectations (A Rainbow Quest...

By Voilaxy

Every chapter should have at least 1k words, so I hope that makes up for the lack of chapters so far! (Minus... More

Introduction/Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Discord server anyone?
Discord Server :]
Few days
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 1

547 21 46
By Voilaxy

I'm hoping this first chapter is pretty long, and if anyone has any pointers for me on writing I'd appreciate it as long as you're nice about it! Thank you, I hope you enjoy, and have a great day!
Fair warning, theres a lot of dialogue in this chapter, and probably will be in other chapters as well. And again, almost none of it is actually said in canon, I changed it up to fit the story!

———————————————————————

They arrive at the abandoned library, and Sabre looks around to make sure those things aren't following them. He waits for M to go down the stairs first, and he follows, blocking the entrance. They walk down the rest of the stairs, to the table in the middle of the room. "Okay, I didn't call you here for a secret meeting. Well, I did, but not how you think."

"What do you mean, Sabre?"

"I mean, there's something bad happening, and the only way I could tell you what it is was for us to come down here."

The leaders look at him, wondering what he's talking about.

"There are beings form the World Below controlling this reality, and they have been doing so behind the scenes for who knows how long. M here, was recently taken to the World Below by them, and I had to save him. Blue Leader, you tried to get me not to go.."

"You.. went to the World Below?!"

"Blue Leader I had to save him. There were other steves in test tubes next to the one he was in. They were slowly turning into those things, I had to save him!"

Blue Leader sighs, closing his eyes for a moment. "Okay, say you did have to save him. Why was he there in the first place?" He asks, opening his eyes to look at Sabre once again.

"I got too confident talking about them and he disappeared.. and so I went to Time Steve for help and he didn't remember who M even was. I asked him to send me somewhere, and I'm not telling where—"

"Don't tell me you went to-" M starts, but cuts himself off. The way he spoke showed he was annoyed, or just mad at Sabre.

"Okay look, I had to. It worked, didn't it? I got you back! And Time didn't even know where I went so it's fine. Anyways.. he helped me get to the World Below so I could save M, and I entered the portal. Way too many times. I started seeing those things in the normal world, and that's why I'm able to talk freely here, because there aren't any of those things in here. Then I eventually went to Time for help, he helped me, I got M back, and now we're here." Sabre finishes, looking around at everyone. He notices everyone is confused, and that checks out, seeing as he just blatantly told them everything he dealt with in the past few hours.

"Okay.." Light Steve starts, "That's a lot to take in." He sits down, obviously freaking out on the inside.

"Don't freak out it's okay- we just don't have any way of getting rid of these things, that's all." Sabre says, and then immediately sighs. "That's not okay, but I tried to make you feel better.."

Light Steve nods, clearly not okay with the situation. Blue Leader is trying to calm Indigo Leader down, as he's freaking out. All of them are, but Indigo's not as good at keeping calm.

"Indigo breathe, we can't do anything if we aren't calm.." Blue Leader says, and he looks around to make it known he means everyone, not only Indigo and himself.

"Blue Leader is right, we need to be calm.. and think about it, don't you realize something isn't right? You said you're the only leaders, but we're missing four other leaders."

Light Steve looks up at Sabre slowly, "There were more..?"

Sabre nods. "Yes, there were Orange, Yellow, Green, and Violet."

Light Steve looks at his hands, which are shaking. "Is that why there were extra chairs..? It all seemed normal though!"

M walks closer to the table, "Yes, and that's why this is so important. You don't remember me, but I was there when you captured Sol. I helped with the whole Corrected Sun thing."

The leaders look extremely confused. Blue Leader lets go of Indigo, looking straight at M. "I'm sorry, did you say you were there?!"

M nods, "Yes, I did, and I was. You don't remember because someone," he looks at Sabre, "got a little too confident talking about these things in the open."

Sabre groans dramatically, "I'm so very sorry, but you were the only person who knew! What else was I gonna do, not talk about it?"

"YES!"

"Moving on," Sabre says, "we need to figure out how to deal with these things, because, the Darkness was a clear threat, we knew it was there. First off, everyone is gone—" Light Steve stands up abruptly. Sabre puts a hand up to signal Light to wait until he's done talking, "and second, nobody knows about them anyways so we're kind of screwed here."

Light Steve clears his throat, "Everyone is gone?! You don't seriously mean everyone do you?!"

Sabre sighs, "Yeah I do, I'm sorry. It's probably my fault but we seriously need to do something about these things. Yes I can see them, but I don't know how to stop them. Does anyone here know anyone who might know something?"

The leaders think for a moment, before shaking their heads. "No, I'm afraid I don't." Blue Leader says, and starts pacing.

M thinks for a moment. "Wait.."

Sabre looks at him. "What is it, M?"

"Void Steve.."

Blue Leader stops pacing and whips his head around to stare at M. "No, no, no! Absolutely not!"

"What? What are you guys talking about?" Sabre facepalms. "We don't have time for Void Steve—"

"The first hero. The one who created the Darkness!" M explains.

Blue Leader still doesn't seem to like where M is going with this, "No! You cannot be serious!"

"What are you guys getting at?"

"Think about it- what was he fighting?" M looks over to Sabre.

Sabre takes a step back, "If.. if he was fighting these things then- oh my gosh.. I can't believe I didn't realize it—" He shakes his head. "Right before I destroyed him, he said he was holding something back, that what was coming would be much worse.. are these things what he was talking about?!"

M nods. "I believe so. He's the only person we really have that may know something."

Sabre groans. "Well, I destroyed him so that's not exactly possible right now! We—" Sabre's cut off by the sound of lightning, and everyone looks into the corner of the room, where Time Steve stands.

"FINE I'll help. You just had to beg." He walks over to Sabre and stands right in front of him.

"You are unnaturally tall man, and we didn't even ask- I didn't even think of asking really." Sabre backs up a little bit, as how close Time was made him lean backwards.

"You're just short. Too bad, about not asking, I'm here. Meet me in my dimension with the rainbow crystal." He walks back to the corner and attempts teleporting away, only to still be standing in the same place when the lightning ends. "Uh.."

"Y- Yeah man-?"

Time Steve attempts to teleport again, and this time he disappears. (Ahahah time puns-)

Sabre stifles a laugh, and turns to the leaders. "You- you heard him. Let's go then?" The leaders nod, and they make their way to the stairs. "No more talking about it.." Everyone makes a noise of understanding, and Sabre breaks the blocks he had placed to keep the reality warping creatures out. "Come on, let's go back to the citadel.."

~Time Skip~

Light Steve had been the one who grabbed the crystal, and then the five of them went to the portal in the middle of the citadel. There was somehow a guard there still, and that confused everyone there. Sabre shakes his head. "I'm not even gonna question how this guy's still here. Anyways, portal guard, we need—"

"Time Steve told me you were coming, but he said only two of you can go. The portal is already set to the time dimension, as I knew you were coming." The guard states, not moving from his place yet.

"Oh. He's probably trying to limit it cause he doesn't want any trouble with Elemental- uh, leaders, do you mind if M and I go? I know the crystal is supposed to be in your care, but I feel as though M and I have the most knowledge of this so far." Sabre asks, and Light Steve hands him the crystal.

"Sure, you two do know the most. We'll be waiting." Light Steve smiles, and backs away a little bit.

Blue Leader nods, "Yeah, we trust you."

"Thanks guys. M? Let's go."

The portal guard steps out of the way. "Be safe you two."

Sabre smiles at this, "Of course. Thank you, portal guard." Sabre then grabs M's hand, and they run through the portal.

Once they're through Time Steve is already standing before them. "Time? What did you need us for, we brought the crystal by the way—"

Time Steve cuts him off. "I'm freezing time, we have to make this quick." He walks to the right, and a bunch of lightning goes off. "Come on, we have no time to waste!"

(Ahah- time puns :])

Sabre and M follow him. "Where are we—"

Time Steve grabs his hand and drags him to the inter-dimensional TV.

M follows them, "Hello again."

Time turns around, "Again?"

"OH YEAH I forgot I had been erased from everyone's minds-"

"Oookay.. well, Sabre. I'm gonna need the crystal."

Sabre hands it to him. "Okay.. what are you doing?"

"Well, you said you needed to speak to Void Steve, and he basically created the rainbow crystal, it has his own energy. I can try to track him from here." Time Steve holds his arm out, motioning Sabre and M to stand back. They do so, and Time Steve uses the crystal on the inter-dimensional TV. After a few seconds, the TV changes. In the image is a portal, like the one Sabre saw in the cave that was close to the Steve Village.

Sabre makes a noise of confusion and steps closer to the image. "A.. portal? To the World Below? But where is it, I don't recognize that place."

Time Steve stands beside him. "I do."

"What?"

"Look to the right. That's.. where I was created."

Sabre's head snaps back to the TV, and he looks closer to it. "Holy cheezus that is where you were created!"

M walks over and stands in between Sabre and Time, also looking closely at the image. "I'll ignore the fact you just said cheezus, but I'm confused. This portal isn't lit, and we wouldn't know where to go if we went in."

Sabre ponders over this for a moment. "Time, could you enhance the image? Try and focus on where Void is specifically."

Time Steve nods, gesturing for them to stand back again. They step back to let Time do his thing. He uses the crystal to find out where Void Steve is specifically, and he does. The image changes, and it shows a huge castle looking building, and it's all black, despite the World Below being mainly red and orange. There were towers around the front, and a long staircase going up to the entrance.

Sabre and M step closer to the TV again, looking closely to the image. "I've never seen that place before.." Sabre begins, "it looks so different from the rest of the world, and it looks exactly like somewhere Void would be."

Time Steve backs away from the image, and holds the crystal out in his hand. "I can't keep this."

Sabre looks at him, "Oh, right!" He takes the crystal back, and turns to M. "We should go then, yeah?"

M looks over to him. "Yeah, I guess we should."

Before they're able to even take a step, though, lightning is summoned and Elemental Steve appears. "We had a deal, Time. We don't interfere!" He steps forward and stands in front of Time Steve.

Time Steve backs away from him. "No, you don't interfere! That's your thing! I can do what I want!"

"It's our rule! Galaxy Steve did not interfere, and so neither should we." Elemental says, taking another step towards Time.

Time Steve backs up again, and almost fell backwards as there were stairs behind him. "No, we don't have to follow everything he did, we are our own persons, we make our own decisions!"

Elemental Steve growls at this, and turns to face Sabre and M. "You two shouldn't be here." He pushes them towards the portal.

"Elemental, buddy- you don't have to do this." Sabre says, cowering slightly.

Elemental ignores him, and continues trying to get them out of the time dimension. "I am severing the connections between you and us, do not try to contact me nor my brother again!"

"NO!"

With that, Elemental pushes Sabre and M back through the portal.

The two of them land on their feet, thank goodness, and they're in front of the abandoned library.

"Just perfect." M states, the sarcasm laced in his voice clear.

Sabre sighs, "That's just great. Well.. whatever Time and Elemental have going on has nothing to do with us at the moment, let's get to the bunker." M nods, and they walk over to the secret opening. "It's open.. how about you stay out here in case something happens, M? You know why.."

"Right. Go on, I'll stand right here. Close it behind you too!" M walks into the library, and just starts looking at the books again.

Sabre, in the meantime, has covered up the entrance and jumped down onto the table, not caring about his legs. "GUYS, GUYS! Come on, everyone gather around!"

"What happened?!" Light Steve asks, concerned at the urgency in Sabre's voice.

"To the table, come on! Everybody. This is important. We went to the time dimension and spoke to Time Steve, okay, and he basically helped us find where Void Steve is. Void Steve is actually in the World Below. We were able to find his location cause of the rainbow crystal, because he was the one who condensed it down into what it is now. We were able to trace him, Time Steve's a genius. But then he also got in trouble with Elemental—"

"Oh wow.." Light Steve leans down over the table, trying to listen closely.

"—Steve and I don't think he's able to do anything now, BUT that's not important right now. Now that we know, we're able to do this. We've gotta go down to the World Below and talk to Void Steve and ask him if he knows anything. You're all unable to, so I will. We know where the portal is so we just get there and I can go in and talk to him."

"Will he actually help us, though?" Indigo Leader asks, genuinely wondering if this is a good idea or not.

"Yeah, I don't know.." Sabre turns around, only to let out a scream of sorts. "What- NO!" He turns back around, and the leaders are gone. "No, no, no! Why did you do this?! I knew one of you would be down here!!" He runs upstairs, breaks the blocks, and runs up the rest of the stairs. "M! M!" He runs into the library to find M standing there, but there are two other cloaked figures hiding behind the wall.

"Sabre?! What happened?!" M asks, worried for his friend. He walks over to Sabre to put a hand on his shoulder, hoping to calm him down.

"They're gone, and you know why. I knew it too!" Sabre says, but then remembers the figures. They walked out from behind the wall, and jump through the broken window.

One of the figures steps forward, and takes their hood off. "Hello Sabre, and my apprentice."

———————————————————————

Okay! First chapter done :)
I'm sorry it took so long, but I really wanna get straight to the point of my story. The next chapter will be as long if not longer, and then my story truly begins. I mean.. it kind of already began, as I've changed a multitude of things, but you know-
If you notice any spelling or grammar mistakes, let me know! My phone doesn't autocorrect much of anything.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!
~Voilaxy Out~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 1K 28
The Darkness was physically gone, but now it resides in hate. The Hate for Sabre when used the Darkness to save them all. In the end Sabre was outcas...
75.4K 2.7K 200
𝙇𝙪𝙙𝙞𝙘 (𝗔𝗱𝗷.) 𝗙𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝘂𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘀 ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾ A whole book dedicated to incorrect quot...
14.3K 677 32
THIS STORY MIGHT BE GOING THROUGH A REWRITE SOON! In this AU, Rainbow Steve (From the Steve Saga) survived Void Steve's attack and went on to go with...
3.1K 142 26
Hey this is Kat and this my first book so it will be bad but this book is about Different Rainbow Quest (may also be other story from Favermysabre) i...