Chapter 4

I hope you enjoy this chapter! A lot goes down today folks eheheheh >:]

———————————————————————

Sabre looks at M, "I think I misheard you, did you say the crystal DISAPPEARED?!"

"I.. no, you heard me right. I know where it went though?" M is panicking, not knowing how to feel about.. this. He looks down to his green and blue hands again, laughing nervously.

"Well, where is it then? We need the crystal—"

"Alright, Sabre look!" He takes his hood off, and puts his hands in front of his face. "I don't know what I'm going to do, Sabre! What do I do?!" He starts pacing. "The leaders are not gonna be happy with this, especially with how the last Hero turned out!"

Sabre stands there, staring at M, speechless. "M.. what exactly just happened?" M ignores him, and keeps pacing back and forth. Sabre steps forward and blocks M's path. "You need to calm down." He pulls M into an embrace, holding him tight. "I need to know what happened, buddy."

M calms down a bit, hugging Sabre back gently. "I-It glowed and then," he takes a deep breath, "and then it just started emitting strong energy and then the lightning and then it disappeared and then my hands turned blue and green and—"

Sabre cuts him off. "It's gonna be alright, M."

Shadow is standing off to the side, not knowing what to do in the moment. "This.. was unexpected." He said, deciding to stay out of the way though, that sick feeling he keeps having returns.

Sabre looks over to Shadow, seeing a conflicted look on his face. He ignores it for now, deeming M more important in the moment. "S-Sabre what are we gonna—"

There's a knock on the door, and then it opens. M quickly pulls his hood up, thankfully before whoever walked in saw him. Light Steve walks in, as do the rest of the leaders. M pushes away from Sabre reluctantly, "What's wrong?"

Light Steve looks him dead in the eyes, somehow. "We heard lightning, are you guys okay?" The leaders walk into the crystal room, and M panics even more.

The two cloaked figures walk in behind them, and they instantly run up to M. "Are you alright, my apprentice?!" Cherry asks, not concerned over the title at the moment, and hugs M.

"I-I'm fine, you can let go of me—" The Professor grabs one of M's hands, and gasps. M jerks it away, and hides both of his hands. "I- uhm-"

Cherry lets go of M, "Professor?"

The Professor grabs M's hand again, holding it out and pushing the sleeve up. "I KNEW IT!"

Cherry stares at M'a hand, confused beyond belief. "What.."

The other leaders audibly gasp, Violet holding is hands to his mouth. Orange holds himself up by the door, but he's also confused.

Sabre steps in front of M. "It wasn't intentional, I swear—"

Light Steve shakes his head. "What.. happened..?" He asks, though it sounds strained. He's in denial.

"Okay listen- I wanted to separate the crystals and give them back to the leaders, but I gave it to M so he could hold it while I made a machine or something to do it and- and then this happened.." Sabre explains, pulling M into another hug. He gladly accepts, and lets Sabre take his hood off as well. The leaders are shocked, that much is obvious. Orange Leader pushes himself away from the door, while Violet Leader removes his hands from his mouth.

Yellow takes a step forward. "As.. as long as you don't end up like the last one, him, I won't have a problem with you."

M looks over to him. "Thank you.."