Chapter 8

"You cannot keep me away forever, Genesis.."

Genesis had fallen asleep. He was so sure he was asleep. Was he dreaming?

"If I must, I'll bring myself back."

This strange voice sounded oddly familiar.

"Who's there?" He stands up, as he'd been unconscious and woke up in this dark room. "Show yourself!"

A figure steps out of the darkness and Genesis knows him all too well.

"..Dread."

"Heh, bingo."

Genesis backs away from him. "What do you want from me?!"

Dread shakes his head. "It isn't what I want from you.. it's what I'll do to you." He cackles before disappearing.

"Okay.. that didn't sound good." He looks around, "How do I get out of here.."

"You won't."

"Huh?!" Genesis turns around as the room around him turns pure white. "Judge..?"

"That would be me." The Judge walks closer to him. "I'm unable to do anything at the moment," he begins, "but once you regain control you could help me return."

Genesis nods, "Yeah I can try.. I don't know how successful I'll be though."

"No matter." He reassures him. "If there's any way I'm able to come back, and help you all fight him, I will do so."

Genesis smiles at him. "Well, we have to wait a while for Dread to let go, don't we?"

The Judge sighs. "He's going to summon himself."

"That would summon Dream too though.."

"He understands that, and he overheard that your friends want to, or need to, bring him back." He explains.

"But..?"

The Judge sighs again, turning around. "But he also knew you wouldn't, knowing the consequences of him returning aside Dream."

"Oh.." Genesis nods. "That's true, but.." The Judge turns back around and looks at his questioningly. "How did he even come back in the first place?"

"Well, you remember he had been bugging Colle?"

"Don't tell me.."

The Judge nods. "He implanted part of his essence into Colle's mind, so he wouldn't be permanently destroyed."

Genesis puts his hands over his face, "He's smarter than he appears to be, this is not fair." He groans. "Why can't villains be dumb for once?"

"Well, some were. At one point, he was as well. He's only evolved and learned from his mistakes."

"Mistakes that we pointed out.."

The Judge walks over to him and pushes him lightly. "It is not our fault." He scolds. "If he hadn't become evil in the first place this wouldn't be a problem."

"Yeah, you're right. But still-"

The Judge bonks him in the head with his hammer. "No."

"Ow.." Genesis rubs his head and sighs. "Fine."

"Let's just wait for him to let his guard down."

"If he does."

"If he doesn't we'll take over when he leaves. We've defeated him once, we can do it again."

"Yeah, I guess so." He sits down and stares at the ground. Well, he thinks it's the ground. There's no way to tell, everything looks the same really. For all he knows, he could be hanging on the ceiling and assuming it's the floor.

-----

~In The Real World~

Dread had taken over Genesis' body, though the only people who really noticed something off at all at the time were Sabre and Shadow.

They hadn't said anything in case they were wrong about this, for all they know he could just be stressed. They were right, though, Genesis himself was very stressed. It was only a matter of time before Dread did something extremely stupid, and Genesis wouldn't be able to stop him.

---

"So we need to gather a bunch of steves so we can bring back another being?" Everyone had gathered back at the citadel, and a certain someone decided to bring up the fact there were more allies they could revive.

Dread, disguised as Genesis, had brought up the idea of bringing Dream back. Colle hadn't though much of it and had agreed with him, forgetting about them being tied together with their lives. Dread knew Colle would most likely not remember that, or just brush over it, which is why he suggested it so blatantly.

Colle nods, "It's.. more complicated than Genesis," he begins, "but.. he could help us if we're really to face so many new and old enemies."

'Genesis' nods, agreeing with him. "It's better we have more allies helping us than to be outnumbered and weaker."

Sav chuckles. "Boss, wouldn't you think we have a better plan than bringing a bunch of strangers to summon a strange being?" He looks over at Colle.

Colle perks up at this. "You're right.."

Professor Red tilts his head, "What are you on about now?"

Colle smiles, "We have a.. friend.. who could prove useful in this situation."

Dread, still disguised as Genesis, looks over towards Colle. "And who would this friend be?"

Colle just keeps smiling, not answering the question. "Envir, with me. Let's go find Orion."

"Yes sir!" Envir scurries to the stairs and waits for Colle there.

"Sav, stay here, please."

Sav rolls his eyes. "Yup, go on."

Colle nods, and he and Envir leave the citadel.

Dread watches them leave, confused. He thought even the Forest Steves were gone, and he recognizes that name. That's a Winter Steve.

—————

hi, moth boy time steve here, short chapter i know, L, but i updated, are you proud?
anyways i have some ideas for this, it's just farther down on my importance list than glitch infection, because i'm obsessed with that one
haha anyways i hope you liked this one, i'll update again eventually, this book isn't abandoned i promise
spelling mistakes and grammar errors? L those, point me out and i'll fix em
anyways bye