Thorns of Roses

By dkrosi

"It all started with a masquerade ball.." A Miraculous Royal AU where Marinette is the daughter of King Gabri... More

Chapter 1 - A little description
Chapter 2 - Preparing
Chapter 3 - The Masquerade Ball
Chapter 4 - The Balcony
Chapter 5 - Girl Talk
Chapter 6 - Glass Shattering
Chapter 7 - Patrol
Chapter 8 - Dark Venus
Chapter 9 - Only Love Can Break The Spell
Chapter 10 - Kiss
Chapter 11 - Library
Chapter 12 - Unexpected Twist
Chapter 13 - I Decide!
Chapter 14 - Mysterious Visitor
Chapter 15 - Hopeless Reverie
Chapter 16 - Ladybug
Chapter 17 - Note From The Past
Chapter 18 - A Platonic Deal
Chapter 19 - Can We Stay Like This?
Chapter 20 - Empty Heart
Chapter 21 - Symphony In The Rain
Chapter 22 - Captured Feelings
Chapter 23 - "I Do" Arc: Part 1
Season 2: Chapter 25 - Where It All Began
Chapter 26 - "Mr And Mrs Graham"
Chapter 27: Wind Of Change
Chapter 28: Shadow King
Chapter 29 - Melody Of Despair
Chapter 30 - Fateful Encounter
Chapter 31 - Irreversible
Chapter 32 - Lonely Sunrise
Chapter 33 - You, Again?!
Chapter 34 - Blind Emotions
Chapter 35 - Chat Noir
Chapter 36 - The Darkest Night
Chapter 37: A True Princess
Chapter 38 - "My guardian angel"
Chapter 39 - The Autumn Ball
Chapter 40 - Give me a sign
Chapter 41 - A Subtle Feeling
Chapter 42 - Suffocating emotions
Chapter 43 - A Shoulder To Cry On
Special Part
Chapter 44 - My ex enemy
Chapter 45 - Another part of me
Chapter 46 - Obliviously Obvious
Chapter 47 - Drawn to You
Chapter 48 - Change of Heart (Part 1)
Chapter 49 - Change of Heart (Part 2)
Chapter 50 - Seeing The Light
Chapter 51 - A tempting condition
Chapter 52 - Fragile Promises
Chapter 53 - Shattered Harmony
Chapter 54 - The Wall Between Us
Chapter 55 - Stay With Me
Chapter 56 - A Step Forward
Chapter 57 - Enchanting Tunes
Chapter 58 - Duty Or Desire, That Is The Question
Chapter 59 - The Secret Temple
Chapter 60 - Whirlwind Of Feelings
Chapter 61 - It's you.
Chapter 62 - Roses are red... and so are you.
Chapter 63 - Everlasting Deception
Chapter 64 - Crimson Menace
Chapter 65 - Master Fu Arc 1: Trust Me.
Chapter 66 - Master Fu Arc 2: Destiny (Season 2 Finale)

Chapter 24 - I Do Arc: Part 2 - Season 1 Finale

4.2K 114 193
By dkrosi

A/N: Hello everyone! As you can read in the title, this chapter is gonna be the last one from season 1. I'm planning to write two more seasons, so don't worry, the story will continue!

However, I'm gonna take a break after this chapter so I can prepare everything for the next season. (It's gonna take probably two weeks, so just stay tuned!)

And I just want to thank all of you for supporting me and my story! It's truly an incredible feeling to see how many of you like this au! It means the world to me! So once again, thank you so much! I love you all!

Hope you enjoy the season 1 finale!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some moments ago

Mari was standing behind the closed doors - waiting for the ceremony to start and the guards to open the gate. She held the bouquet of roses in her hands, wrapping her fingers around the flowers so strong it turned her fingertips white. She needed all of her strength not to turn around and just ran away from this madness.

Hearing the music inside, she took a deep breath and stepped into the cathedral as the guards opened the door. She could feel how all of the attention in the Notre Dame flew in her direction, watching eagerly as she slowly started approaching the aisle.

Marinette was never as nervous in her life as now. She knew this was her biggest chance to prove not only to herself and her father but to the Parisians, her people, and even to the other kingdoms' ambassadors that she was ready and dedicated to take the throne one day and become the most powerful queen of the kingdom.

She tried to focus on her every step, careful not to fall. Feeling everyone's gaze on her definitely wasn't helping to swallow down her nervousness. She could feel her heart beating faster and faster as she slowly walked between the benches.

She kept her eyes focusing on the floor until she reached the end of the hall. She stopped in front of the aisle and looked...

..straight into Félix's greenish eyes.

It was like time itself froze for a moment. Mari could feel how her cheeks turned red at the sight of him, she could barely breathe.

Was it because of the crowd or because of something - or rather - someone, she couldn't tell.

It seemed like deep down she still hoped it was just a bad dream. But when their gaze met she already realized..

It was all real.

There it was standing in front of her...

Her future husband.

He was wearing a blue uniform that pointed out his broad shoulders. His hands were placed behind his back as he was standing straight. And his hair.. His hair that normally covered his eyes, was now pulled back, revealing his intense greens that were staring straight into hers - sending shivers down her spine.

Mari barely noticed Alya approaching her, she had to force herself to break the eye contact between her and Félix to turn in her friend's way. As Alya stretched out her hand to Mari to put the bouquet into hers, she was sending the princess an encouraging smile that somehow could calm Mari down. She smiled back at Alya, then looked at Félix who was already in front of her, reaching for her hands.

It was a traditional thing at royal weddings for the bride to walk alone towards the aisle. When she reached it, the groom would walk to her, sending his hand for her to hold and they would walk to the Bishop together. This tradition was meant to represent that from now on they are inseparable. Together they would become a powerful couple formed by respect and love. They would rely on no one but themselves. They would complete each other perfectly and form an alliance that can be broken by no one.

As Mari accepted Félix's hand, she could almost swear she spotted him blushing too. It somehow made her relax a bit. The princess was glad to know that she wasn't the only one whose nerves were playing races in their bodies.

After stepping on the stairs, they stopped in front of the Bishop.

As Gabriel nodded at him reassuringly, he started the ceremony.

"Dear beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God and in the face of this congregation to join together Prince Félix, duke of De Vanily, and Princess Marinette, daughter of the King in holy matrimony which is an honorable estate instituted by God in the time..." the Bishop started the speech.

During his sermon, Marinette took a glance at Félix in the corner of her eyes. She watched his every feature, his intense eyes, his furrowed eyebrows, and his jawline that seemed more defined than ever now that his hair was pulled back.

It was a real pain to admit it to herself, that he looked handsome.

Which is just wasn't fair. It seemed like Mari was the only one suffering and feeling miserable inside. It was like he already accepted his fate and - although Mari did it too - but deep down she hoped to see him worn about this a little.

But of course, he had to look perfect. That was another thing that always made her mad about him. No matter what happened in their life, Félix always looked at his very best. Like he didn't give a damn about the world around him. While Mari could never cover her frustration and her exhaustion.

She just hoped the girls could cover her eyebags that had been painted on her face ever since that thunder night happened.

Again, she was thinking about that night. It definitely wasn't helping when her brain started recalling that night and the morning when Alya told her what Félix did for her.

Mari knew she should have listened to the Bishop but she just couldn't help her messy thoughts to stop wandering constantly in her head. It was not just her strange feelings that made her a mess but the fact that this was the first time she met Félix after the incident.

No matter how much she despised him, ever since Alya told her everything, she knew she had to thank him for saving her life. She felt vulnerable though knowing if it wasn't for her so-called rival, she wouldn't be here today. This fact just caught her completely off guard and she had no idea what to do with thede feelings she felt whenever she thought about it. It was better for her to rather avoid them, including the cause of them. It was maybe a childish and cowardly thing to do but still, it was easier for her. Mari just couldn't understand why would Félix do such a thing for her.

When they were kids, they had always left each other behind without any help. Moreover, they were the ones, getting the other in trouble.

But now, after all these years, he went out in such merciless weather to save the life of a girl who caused him nothing but misery.

This fact sent warmth inside her. The princess knew she could have waited after the ceremony, but it felt wrong not to thank him for this right now.

Careful not to be heard by others, she whispered towards him: I.. I know what you did for me a week ago." she paused only to notice Félix's body stiffening," I just want to say.. Thank you. Thank you for saving me."

Félix - keeping his focus on the Bishop - let out a cough, his cheeks turned light red in his embarrassment.

"Don't mention it. Pretend it didn't happen," he whispered back only for Mari to hear.

The princess looked at him, waiting for an explanation to come but it seemed like he was finishing their conversation already.

"..but reverently, discreetly, soberly, and in the fear of God duly considering..." the Bishop continue his sermon but the princess still couldn't concentrate on his words. It frustrated her that Félix with a simple sentence like this closed their conversation and acted as if nothing happened.

"But, why is it bothering me in the first place? I should be glad that he wants to forget this ever happened." she thought to herself. "It's probably for the best indeed."

From her thoughts, Félix's sudden whisper brought her back. "Just to make this clear as I can see where you're wandering," he paused, taking a glance at Mari's flushed face, "Sorry to break it to you but this doesn't mean anything, Princess. Don't think too much into this," he stated.

His declaration put Mari on edge. That flush that was covering her cheeks immediately turned into rage.

"Is he serious right now?!! If he thinks that just because he saved my life, I would immediately fall for him, or even just bow at him, then he got the absolutely wrong idea!" she was screaming inside. "Just how dare he be so impudent to think so much about himself?!! Pfft.. She falling for him? As if!"

It took some moments for the princess to calm down and after having an inner outburst, she grinned at him.

"Tsk. Please, I hope you didn't think that I would feel anything more than animosity towards you." Mari scoffed. "I'm thankful to you for what you've done but that's all."

Félix slowly smirked as he shifted his gaze back from the Bishop to Mari's direction - making Mari's heart race at a high level.

"I can't tell how much I'm glad to hear that, Princess."

"Don't call me...!" Mari clenched her hands into fists. She could feel how entertaining this was for him as he knew she couldn't do anything to stop his teasing.

"See, I somehow knew you would react like this." he let out a devilish smile. He was really enjoying this. "So, just to make it clear." he shifted his gaze back to the Bishop. "This day isn't mean any change for us at all. It's gonna be strictly a business alliance. I hope you still agree with this. "

"But of course." Mari declared, trying to force back the urge to slap his satisfied face.

"Why, just why is it that he's the one always in charge in their fights and how can he think so low at her?! The nerve this man has!" Mari yelled inside her. "How stupid I was to think anything more than hatred towards him just a week ago?!"

"There will be nothing between us, Prince," Mari stated once again - to make sure Félix believed her while she forced back the urge to kick this man beside him.

For her biggest regret, she had to remain as calm as she just could. She wouldn't let Félix once again make a fool out of her in front of everyone. There was too much at risk at the moment.

"Good." Félix nodded, that satisfied smirk still painted on his punchable handsome face.

Just as they stopped their conversation and were about to listen to the Bishop's speech for once, his following lines made their eyes grow wide.

"... which matrimony was ordained first for the procreation of children.." he said, looking at them smiling.

An awkward cough left Félix's mouth, as he and the princess glanced at each other - their cheeks reddening than ever. They immediately turned away from the other, trying not to think about what just the Bishop said.

Mari - to distract herself - searched for Alya only to spot her friend grinning mischievously at them. She enjoyed their suffering, Mari could tell.

For a reply, Marinette sent her famous "You're dead" glance that caused Alya and Nino - who happened to stand next to her - to chuckle.

The princess could sense at the corner of her eyes that Félix was staring at the pair too with the same expression painting on his face.

The couple seemed to really enjoy their friend's misery.

~~~

It felt like ages when the Bishop finally finished his sermon and looked at the royals.

Knowing what this look meant, Félix and Mari reached for the rings and - strictly avoiding each other's gaze - put the marriage token on each other's fingers. The moment they placed them, the pair immediately pulled their hands away from each other and waited eagerly for this ceremony to end.

Seeing that the rings on their right place, the Bishop continued:

"In the sight of God and these witnesses, I now pronounce you husband and wife! "

Just as Mari and Félix would sigh in relief that they successfully survived this wedding, the Bishop added, turning to Félix. "You may now kiss the bride."

Both of their eyes popped wide open, a deep red blush appearing on their faces as they both stared at their friends panicking.

"Just how could I forget this part of the wedding?! " Mari was screaming inside her as she looked at Alya with begging eyes.

"Just go for it!" Alya whispered smiling widely.

Mari furrowed her eyebrows as she gestured back a big "NO" to her.

She could feel her heart beating at a dangerous level, her body was trembling as she slowly turned to Félix and looked up at him.

To her shock, Félix's usual blank expression turned into a mixture of frustration and panic and... Maybe something more?

Taking a deep breath, he closed the distance between them.

Marinette watched his movement with wide eyes, her cheeks turning now as red as the roses in the bouquet.

Avoiding Marinette's gaze, Félix grabbed the veil and gently put it behind her back.

"Wh.. What are you doing?!" Mari whispered to him.

"We have to fake it," he murmured.

"What???! Are you serious right now?!" Mari freaked out.

She watched with panic in her eyes as his face shifted closer and closer to hers. Just as he was inches away from the princess, Félix moved his mouth next to her ears and whispered: "Don't move." he said reassuringly, although Mari could hear the uncertainty in his voice.

Félix closed his eyes, his eyebrows furrowed as he gently placed his lips onto Mari's, causing her an inner panic attack.

The moment their lips connected, electricity rushed through Mari's veins, her ears started pounding and she could feel goosebumps rising on her arms.

Félix's lips didn't move on hers, he just pretended like they were kissing. Still, just the feel of his lips, made the princess's heart racing and a strange feeling started to consume her. Mari couldn't understand how but his lips seemed..

Familiar?

Mari couldn't know what has gotten in herself when she slowly pulled him closer. It was like she wasn't the one, controlling her body anymore.

To her biggest surprise, Félix closed the distance between them even more and gently grabbed Mari's waist. Just as his lips were about to wander around hers, his eyes popped up, and immediately let go of her.

He looked at the Bishop sternly like nothing happened - his flushed cheeks and his pounding heart however betrayed him.

Marinette shifted her gaze away from him immediately and tried to comprehend what just happened.

"Was I really about to kiss Félix??! It was supposed to be faking!" she stared at the floor with frustration in her eyes.

The frustrated pair could barely hear the Bishop's last words, as everyone started cheering and clapping their hands.

"Dear everyone, welcome our newest royal couple!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 2.1K 38
marinette dupain-cheng, a girl with big dreams, hoping one day to work her way up to be a well-known fashion designer. felix agreste, a successful wo...
15.4K 659 54
Marinette finds out the Adrien has a brother she didn't know about. Which especially established Agreste will she tie the knot with? The Flirtatious...
66.1K 1.6K 35
When a game of spin the bottle takes a dramatic turn, Marinette gets even. The group of four friends falls apart, and in an attempt to save their fri...