The Harvest of Souls

By GabePraz

A SERIAL KILLER SHAKES THE ENTIRE POLITICAL STRUCTURE OF THE WORLD USING AN ANCIENT EVIL SPELL When junior d... More

Disclaimers
Capítulo sem título 2
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 18

179 13 0
By GabePraz

ASTURIAN ISLAND
08.01.8462 - 11:30 PM

Sitting in one of the rooms of the Manor, the television connected to Royal TV, Vaughan and Richard waited apprehensively as to what Charlotte's reaction would be. Their communicators received minutes before the official message from the World Government, informing them that an urgent broadcast would be transmitted.

At exactly 11:30 pm Ástur time, Charlotte's face appeared on billions of screens around the world.

"Dear citizens, good morning, good afternoon, good night," Charlotte began, her voice firm and serious. The Camera was firmly positioned, centering Charlotte's alert face and the family portrait behind. "I'm sorry to bother you during your duties. As everyone knows, we wiped violence from our globe. We do not tolerate fights, disaffection, prejudice, or aggression. We managed to raise the whole globe to the same level of equality and development," Charlotte pronounced the false phrase as calmly as possible. "We created the Career Steps, we created a worldwide and well-distributed tax collection, we can say that finally the being is born equal. The new generation that listens to me had the same opportunities. It doesn't matter if we're talking about a child born in Bruvno, Chimutanda, Shimosuwa, Vierzon, Amandola, Provo, Wurtzburgo, Arkadia, Oberá, Winnitoba, or Weinan. They all had the same educational standard, the same opportunities, and the possibility to climb all the Career Steps. This sense of equality, in addition to the strong collaborative sense developed by a World Government, has finally made us understand and respect the choices of others," Charlotte paused. The Supersovereign Queen looked directly at the camera and then continued: "It made us fairer, equalized and above all: made us give real importance to life. We went through dark moments in the past, where life was not valued enough and worse: we felt we had the right to judge which life was more important than the other," Charlotte paused and faced the camera again as she took a breath. "Those days have finally come to an end, our violence rates have plummeted, and development rates have grown, our mutual respect reigned. For decades, my dears, our armed forces, and our police serve only as a reminder of what the past has forced us to do. Almost two centuries ago, we began to organize ourselves for what we consolidate today. Unfortunately, we have gone through a three-year war in these last two centuries of development and unification. A war whose enemies discredited us and attacked us, it was a short but devastating war, and we dare to call this the Last War, in the certainty that new ones will never arrive. The first two decades after the Last War were arduous. Ungrateful and selfish nations broke our built stability, but we managed to return to our initial project with great determination, and it was fully in force until today. My dear citizens, I am sorry to inform you that something is shaking our structures. In the past, murder wouldn't even be a reason for a newspaper, but today, a murder makes me address an entire planet."

Inside the Royal Airplane of Arkadia, Fernanda gently placed a glass of water on the coffee table. Charlotte took the sip and drank some of the water.

"Something strange has occurred to us, and I have to inform you, as well as is your duty to watch over us and assist us in understanding these events. One of the junior representatives of Asturias, Jean Andrulis Van der Veen, is missing, as is a chief representative Oswaldo de la Fontaine, also from Asturias. I have just received the sad news that Marlena Patrícia Arruda, who had just joined the CriSPe Institute, was murdered just now inside the walls of the Institute. I now turn to Marlena's family," Charlotte's fixed eyes, on the camera, got teary. "I'm really, really sorry for what happened, I work tirelessly to prevent this kind of sorrowful event, and now, I feel like I've failed, I've failed you, I've failed terribly, and there's nothing I can do to reverse this situation, a horrible circumstance for the whole world, for me, and above all, something that must be unbearable for you," Charlotte stammered, her tear-filled eyes staring at the camera steadily until she calmly blinked. "Dear citizens, something is haunting Asturias. My government will take control of the lands of Asturias, and its King: Richard Saint James will be temporarily removed," Charlotte purposely failed to mention Richard's middle name: Herrscher. "We will carry out deep searches throughout the entire Asturian territory, continental, and its archipelagos. At this moment, I order that the Purple Security Alert must be adopted at all borders."

Charlotte took another dramatic pause, facing the camera.

"For twenty years, our borders have been almost a fiction, but after the events of the last few days, we are forced to erect these imaginary walls for our protection. I ask for the help of the Board of Heads of State, and I'm sorry that we moved from a macro view to such a micro scope... to the point of controlling borders between nations again. I request that Richard Saint James report to Arkadia as soon as possible. I also request the help of my longtime friend, Asturian citizen, Lélia Mota, to assume the entire Asturian territory. My people, I hope this is just a small crisis to be resolved in less than twenty-four hours," Charlotte changed her emphatic tone to a gentle, profound speech, looked into the center of the camera. "These moments will occur from time to time, to test us and try to distance us from our legitimate path, and I, as your Supersovereign Queen, implore you: have patience and vigilance, I'm counting on each of you, who are fundamental to maintaining our status quo, thank you so much for your unconditional support as always, my dear citizens. Have a good day, a good night, or a good afternoon, everyone.

RAGHAR
09.01.8462 - 3:49 AM

Fernand was in the living room of one of the apartments inside Spring Castle. He was gazing at the television screen that now showed exterior images of The Crystal to the sound of Strauss. Fernand judged the song in awful taste for the sad occasion, in addition to the fact that Charlotte wasn't even there. In just a few hours, the world had turned upside down, and all the sleep and tiredness he felt was gone. He got up from the couch and took a deep breath walking across the room, suddenly feeling suffocated. He looked out the window, the cool night looking inviting. He grabbed his coat hanging in the corner of the room and walked out the door.

Alongside Vindobona, Raghar was his favorite city for walking. After more than half an hour of walking, Fernand started to return to the castle, ultimately crossing the Voldoma River through the Karluv Most. He began to climb the stairs, which always cost him his breath, whether because of the number of steps or the view of the city. As Fernand had arrived in Raghar and gone straight to the castle, he avoided viewing the city at once. His ritual was always the same: pay the penance by climbing the stairs, then have the right to enjoy that beautiful city from the top of the hill.

With patience and determination, he climbed each of the steps, rethinking everything that had happened in the last hour. When he reached the last step, he faced the unsightly building in front of him. Compared to the rest of the city, that building went unnoticed by most people who visited the city. The only lush wing had been the newer one, built by Alena to hide the Silent Room, but the building set was on the other side of the hill and could not be seen from the old city center.

Upon catching his breath, Fernand grabbed his MC and commanded:

"Call Lélia," he said, not bothering to calculate the time zone difference. He knew that she would be available after this beginning of crisis decreed. The communicator presented Lélia's face in a photo, her long wavy brown hair falling over her shoulders, a spontaneous and beautiful smile from that woman Fernand had loved so much.

"Fernand. How are things?" Lélia's live face appeared, it didn't show the calmness of the photo, but her long hair was the same, as well as her white teeth and brown eyes, but she didn't smile.

"Hey, my beautiful. Everything is going. I just met my children before Charlotte's announcement. How are you? I was super worried when I saw the news," he said, passing by the castle guards, noticing blood spatters on Lélia's clothes.

"I'm... I'm a little stunned and very anxious. I'll probably stay until dawn here at CriSPe. Fernand, what about the investigation? We need to start soon," she said in a tone of charge.

"I called so we can decide what to do, my children will get back to Pleiziň, and I decided to go there, even though it is far from Kholodnyei Gorod. I believe Nikolas can help me with his influence in Rasshiryay."

"It makes sense. Besides, it's simpler than you needing to leave Tachlovicka's territory now. Anyway, you're a foreigner there; I'm afraid they won't even let you go from Raghar to Pleiziň, even domestic airports will be checking passports. I will check this with Charlotte as soon as she gets in touch with me. Oh, by the way, I have requested the return of all high-ranking Representatives to Ástur, but you will remain on your route. And Fernand, include Janaína in your research," Lélia said.

"Janaína? The second secretary?" Fernand asked.

"Yes, the one," Lélia replied.

"But why? Fernanda is much closer to Charlotte. Janaína is further away from Charlotte, has almost no direct contact with the Sovereign. She is much more in control of the Rouge. What exactly do you want me to find out about Janaína?"

"This is not a secure connection Fernand. I only told you this now because everyone in the world is looking at The Crystal, so I mentioned it here quickly, but please expand your investigations to her. My instinct never fails. Now go rest, my handsome friend. I'll arrange a flight to Pleiziň on your behalf and an authorization from Charlotte, are your children there too? And Cyrielle? Will they need to return too?

"Cyrielle will probably need help. She needs to go back to Gallia."

"Ok, I'll arrange everything personally, but after Pleiziň, you need to go as soon as possible to Vindobona. I want you to investigate the headquarters in Neue Burg, Charlotte's office, and the Rouges, ok? Anyway, enough talking, good luck, Fernand," she said amiably.

"OK, thanks. Take care, Lélia."

"You too, Fernand. I love you," Lélia said, smiling.

"Love you too. Kisses."

Fernand put his MC back in his pocket when the memory of a person who lived in Raghar came to him.

'How soon will Lélia get these authorizations? Do I have any time to fuck before?' He then retook his MC and said:

"Štěpan," His MC soon spotted the profile of a red-haired boy with a friendly smile and a round face.

"Hi Štěpán, how are you? What are you doing? Free now?" Said Fernand sending a voice message and turning back to the castle exit.

ASTURIAN ISLAND

08.01.8462 - 11:50 PM

"I can't believe this is happening," Richard said. "That bitch."

Richard and Vaughan were sitting in one of the rooms of the Manor. The television turned off, Richard stared at the living room floor, his hands dangling out of the armchair. Vaughan watched his friend, his legs crossed and his hands clasped together, supporting his chin with his slender fingers.

"Richard, I understand. I mean, holy shit! I also can't believe she's doing this," Vaughan said calmly.

Richard just shook his head, still staring at the ground.

"I want everything to go to hell, fuck what she commanded. I've spent my whole life accepting this bitch's commands and excesses."

Vaughan got up from his chair and walked over to Richard, walking around the chair and resting his cold hands on his friend's shoulder.

"Richard, get your head straight. It's been a while since she's taken such an attitude. Your removal is temporary, and come on, Lélia is going to replace you. It's as if you weren't even away; you'll have control if you want," Van said, starting to massage Richard's shoulders.

Richard began to wonder whether this was an appropriate time to reveal his romance with Lélia to Vaughan.

"Indeed, it is more reassuring to have her taking care of the realm and not an Arkadian Citizen. Speaking of Lélia, Van, you think she's been a little too 'happy' with me lately?" Richard threw the bait.

"Yes, she is Richard. And she's 'happy' in the same way she was with me when we started dating, if that's what you ask," Van said, laughing.

'What do you think of her attitude?"

"Before I started dating Lélia, when she was my student at CriSPe, she started treating me the same way she is treating you now."

"Van, I'm sorry. I will stop reciprocating her attitudes," Richard said, genuinely concerned about Van's feelings but curious about his reaction.

Vaughan laughed aloud.

"Richard, please, Lélia and I broke up 30 years ago. We only have a great friendship now; we know that what we experienced was great and intense, but it passed, and now we have this eternal and respectful affection. Take your chance, my friend, enjoy it. But I advise you to talk to Fernand first, he is the jealous one."

This time it was Richard who laughed.

"That's true. He was always overprotective with her."

"Anyway, I think you should just stop flirting with Lélia and clarify some points," said Van. "I say this because I realized that you are also interested."

Richard looked at Van, craning his neck.

"How couldn't I? I've always thought Lélia formidable, one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen, it's just that I never noticed that side, I think out of respect for you. Thanks for the carte blanche. I don't think I can ever repay you for those centuries of friendship Van," said Richard, who felt his heart warmed with so much happiness.

Vaughan looked at Richard and replied:

"You repay every second of company. Now focus, you need to go to Arkadia," Vaughan bent down and kissed Richard's forehead. "Get your act together, go put on a nice outfit to impress the people of Arkadia, and leave me alone here in this Manor so I can enjoy myself," Vaughan joked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 17K 44
A teen is stunned to discover he's half-vampire. Will being asexual-aromantic thwart bloodlust, or are there other emotions strong enough to trigger...
194K 15K 42
⭐ FEATURED ⭐ 02/16/2018 Longlisted, Wattys 2018 ✅ COMPLETE Jocasta's nineteen years of peaceful existence in a little village of the Kingdom of On...
16.3K 2.9K 78
| 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 • 𝗔𝗺𝗯𝘆𝘀 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮 𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 | ONE RUN-AWAY PRINCE Prince Aster Jacques will one day rule the Q...
949K 68.4K 80
❖ QUEENKILLER, KINGMAKER Book 1 ❖ Feudal Southeast-Asia filled with magic, daemons, and a royal conspiracy. This is Isla's quest for the truth, and h...