My (fake) Wedding

By sunshine_starshine

* No. 1 Ranking in #shivaaysinghoberoi as on 28 Sep 2021 About 4 months ago, Shivaay's life was absolute per... More

CHARACTERS
INTRODUCTION
HIS GIRLFRIEND ?
CRAP! WE ARE ENGAGED !!
TELLING FAMILY
MEETING IN-LAWS
OFFICIALLY YOURS
THE AFTERMATH
ESCAPE TO GOA
SURPRISE DATES
EXES AT CHURCHES
SALT AIR IN MY HAIR
RAINBOWS AND SUNRISES
MOVIE NIGHT
SHADES OF YOU
WAKEUP AND MAKEUP
NEW STORY
LAZY DAY - CRAZY NIGHT
SOME JEALOUSY, SOME REALISATION
A DAY TO CHERISH
THE PAST (FEW YEARS AGO)
THE (LOVABLE) SPY
MIRACLES AND ABSOLUTION
DREAMS IN THE DARK
Our (Famous) Love
REAP HAPPINESS IN PAIN
MEMORIES & RESOLUTION
OF PLANS & WISHES
LET THE FESTIVITIES BEGIN
The (Unsought) Bodyguard
STOLEN MOMENTS
STAG AND HEN PARTY
CONFESSIONS WITH COFFEE
NEWS TRAVEL FAST
REMINICISING CHILDHOOD
DREAMLAND & EMOTIONS
WHEN HAPPINESS ISN'T ILLUSION
COVERED IN YELLOVE
The (Bride) Search
SOUND OF LOVE
SEALED WITH A KISS
ISHQBAAZI

His Always, Her Forever

928 88 18
By sunshine_starshine

Annika was smoothing her hands over the front of her lehenga for what must be the hundredth time when Gauri approached, gently taking her hand. Gauri had been at her side since last night, keeping her mind from over-worrying and succumbing entirely to panic.

"I've never seen you this nervous" Gauri teased, doing her best to lighten the mood.

"I don't think I have ever been this nervous" Annika replied, squeezing her Sister's hand.

"I can't imagine why" Gauri scoffed. "It's not like he's not going to show up. From what Omkara said, he's been checking the time every two minutes."

"It isn't that" Annika shook her head slightly. "It's just...we had never thought that this would happen for us."

"In his defense I am fairly certain he didn't think you'd actually say 'yes' when he proposed, with all your fake dating business" Gauri smirked. "He still looks at you as if you'd vanish any moment."

"I know, but I'm not going anywhere" Annika said sadly, her mind replaying memories of the last month, every milestone that had gotten them to this point in time. They'd had their ups and downs, their arguments and their celebrations, but every second was worth it. Gauri's attention was pulled away for a second and when she turned back to Annika she gave her hand a gentle tug.

"He's at the door," Gauri explained. "I guess he's refusing to leave until he can talk with you."

"Alright" Annika exhaled and crossed to the door, careful not to step too far lest he see her before it was time. "Shivaay, is everything alright?"

"Of course" he sounded relieved that she had come to talk with him, his voice soft and deep. "I just...I just wanted a moment."

"Just a moment?" she smiled, leaning forward to rest her forehead to the cool wood of the door. The ancient hotel at Udaipur was too picturesque to not be a part of their wedding day and Annika was all the more grateful for it.

"Just a moment" he repeated, his hand appearing at the edge of the door. She took it without hesitation, their fingers twining together as they always did and she imagined that he was resting his head against the door just as she was. She heard his exhale of relief, hand squeezing hers tightly.

"I'm here" she promised, knowing that even though he had come a long way since they first met, Shivaay still struggled with expressing his emotions openly. Gauri was not too far from the truth when she said that Shivaay was not sure that Annika would say 'yes' when he finally proposed. After the not so cliché romance that they had experienced it was a miracle that they were standing here today ready to tie the knot.

"You know when I knew that I wanted to marry you?" he asked, his thumb tracing over her knuckles idly.

"When?" she smiled even though he couldn't see her.

"We were at some market in Goa and you stopped to smell soaps at one of the stalls and I..." he took a ragged breath. "I watched you and you looked so unbelievably beautiful, at complete and utter peace. I couldn't look away. I promised myself that if you would have me, I would spend the rest of my life ensuring that that peace never left you."

"Shivaay" Annika closed her eyes tightly, tears running down her cheeks making her eternally grateful for waterproof makeup. Now she knew why the candid photo he'd taken of her at that very market was his phone wallpaper. He had captured that moment forever and looked at it everyday. This man--her man, was incredible. She felt the warmth of his lips pressing against her knuckles, lingering there for several seconds.

"I love you," he said softly.

"I love you too" she gave a watery laugh. "In a few minutes I will finally be your wife."

"And I will finally be your husband" he agreed, lips leaving her fingers.

"I wish they could have been here tonight" she admitted quietly, confirming what he had suspected she would be thinking.

"I know," he agreed. "My Grandfather would have loved you."

"I wish I could have met him" Annika added softly. "I wish..."

"As do I."

They stood in silence for several minutes, both of them reflecting on all that had brought them here to this moment. They had both endured their hardships and successes, but from the moment Annika had knocked into him at the Oberoi Mansion, Shivaay couldn't take his eyes off of her. They'd tried to resist it, given that he was her fake fiancé and all, but the pull was too powerful to run from forever. He had seeked Annika's help for his family, but in the end she had stolen his entire being.

Truthfully, he didn't mind. He wouldn't trade their love for anything.

"I will see you in the garden." He said breaking away their moment.

"I'll be the one in red" she promised with a smile.

"I can't wait to see you" he shifted on his feet and released her. She grabbed the doorknob to steady her trembling hand, listening as his footsteps retreated on the stone floors. Taking a few deep breaths she managed to stem the flow of tears and she released the door, turning around to see her Family and friends smiling at her.

"Ready, gudiya?" her Brother asked, his eyes more than a little glossy.

She nodded, "Absolutely." Gauri handed her a few tissues and she dabbed her eyes dry before wearing her Sandals from the side table. She checked herself once again in the mirror to make sure that nothing was amiss and looked back to her Brother, who now had tears trailing down his cheeks.

She had always been a 'Bhaiya's Girl', toddling after him from the moment she could walk. Her relationship with her Parents had never fully developed-for obvious reasons, she could scarcely remember them but her Brother had always been there for her, just as she had been there for him when their parents passed away several years ago.

"You are so beautiful," Viren briefly cupped her cheek. "And that man loves you more than anything on this planet, anyone can see that. I would have hated to part with you for anything less than that sort of love."

"I love you, Vir" she smiled through unshed tears as he took her hand.

"I love you too" Viren guided her towards the door. "Now let me get to the garden before he comes back to make sure you're coming. Again" he teased and Annika laughed, wiping away tears as she walked towards her future.

XXX

Sometimes, fairytales come true. Sometimes, a whole cortège of events - inundated with magical incidents and unforeseen meetings come your way. For Shivaay and Annika their wedding was a lively Punjabi affair with laughing, shouting, singing, drinking and dancing relatives all around them.

Shivaay arrived with his baraat in true Punjabi style - the knight in shining armour, quite literally! With the white horse and all the glam. He looked dashing in green sherwani, with a jewelled pin on his wedding turban! The traditional, loud, and super fun baraat saw a joyous Shivaay dancing his heart out along with his family and friends, too happy to begin this new journey. He was every bit a powerhouse of energy at his Baraat - and with a group of family and friends as enthusiastic as these, the celebration couldn't be anything short of legendary!

Their wedding venue looked straight out of a fairytale, with a flowerbed of rose petals spread throughout the area, adorned with candle lit pathways all along. A dome of spectacular red roses and white tuberoses made for a magnificent mandap ceiling.

Annika made a traditional entrance with phoolon ki chaddar with her brothers accompanying her. As she gracefully walked towards her groom, an excited Shivaay couldn't seem to control his happiness. At the precise moment when the couple exchanged the garlands, the entire façade of Udaipur lit up with fire works in celebration of the new chapter of their lives. It was all like a golden dream with the couple standing right in the centre top of the view. A splendid shower of roses along with the sky fireworks concluded the event.

The wedding ceremony was a pious, yet fun affair as the couple and their families sure knew how to make each moment count. The priest too left the crowd in splits as he recited the seven vows in his own fun way. The couple was smiling & laughing as they walked around the pyre completing their seven pheras and becoming man & wife forever.

The four-day ride of emotions and festivities culminated into a grand Reception. The Reception area was beautifully decorated with thousands of candles & pretty floral table settings with the main attractions being floral animal decorations. The event was every bit a star-studded affair that saw the who's who of India, right from Prime Minister Narendra Modi to famous Bollywood stars and Business Tycoons in attendance. Annika looked radiant while Shivaay complemented her in every way. The reception gradually paved way to a musical evening where the well known folk singers from Rajasthan, Chugga Khan and Manganiyars, lent an earthen touch to the evening with their soulful singing with friends & families celebrating the union of the newly wed couple with dancing, dinner & drinks.

XXX

Shivaay glanced around the gathered crowd, his eyes seeking the woman that they always sought out, and when he did not immediately spot her, he frowned. He turned towards the lake, the twinkle lights illuminating the courtyard well, but still he did not see her.

"Shivaay?" Omkara's voice broke into his search and he looked back to his younger brother briefly. Omkara was surprisingly smiling, which was no small miracle given his usual moods. It seemed as if he had taken Shivaay's pleas for a peaceful evening to heart. "All well?"

"Cover for me?" Shivaay asked and Omkara replied with a nod, returning to the crowded courtyard that was swaying along with the song. Shivaay turned away, walking through the hallway, his long legs carrying him easily across the distance. He felt the tension in his chest ease when his eyes at last landed on her, her tall, slender figure standing still on the outskirts of the main hallway. She looked like an angel beside the Fountain that had been their trademark since the Hotel's inception, her hair gleaming in the twinkling lights.

"Annika?" he whispered, gently touching her lower back as he reached her side.

"Shivaay" she smiled, looking up at him. "I'm sorry, I just needed a moment."

He nodded, "I understand that this is all a little over whelming" he assured her, settling her against his side just beneath his arm. He was not so tall, but an imposing man, And Annika was quite adamant herself and she fitted him like a puzzle piece. "Omkara will cover for us, you have all the time in the world" he gently kissed the crown of her hair before looking Northward beside her.

"I knew you'd find me."

"Always" he promised.

"You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen" he said softly, cupping her cheeks.

"You're likely biased" she teased, wrapping her arms around his waist. "I like to think it is because I am incredibly happy to be 'Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi' at last."

"I am quite pleased about that myself" he agreed as a familiar song began to echo from the reception. "Oh Gods--"

"You're the one that put Rudra in charge of the music" Annika smirked.

"I don't know which is worse, this or his performance to the song 'Tenu Ghodi Kinne Chhadaya'."

"There is nothing wrong with 'Baby Doll'," Annika laughed.

"There is plenty wrong with it."

"My Shivaay, always such a stick in the mud."

"I would argue that I haven't been a stick in the mud since our night of sleeping together in my room" he said suggestively, watching the flush spread across her cheeks.

"Alright, I'll grant you that one" she agreed with a soft giggle, one of his favorite sounds in the world--second only to the way she whimpered his name in the throws of passion while they were making out. "I think I knew that next morning that I was going to marry you."

"Did you?"

She nodded, "I just had to figure out a way to keep you."

"It looks as if you've managed that quite well."

"I have" she went on her toes to kiss his lips and he returned it with ardent affection. Years of loneliness, years of solitude had all come crashing down the moment Annika walked into his house and his life. By some miracle she was his to keep, to cherish and love, and he would be damned if he ever let her go.

"Annika," he whispers, prolonging each letter as if to savor them.

She smiles, her heart fluttering once more at his voice as her hands clasp on either side of his handsome face. "I'd like to go upstairs now."

He draws back from her lips, his left hand running through her long hair. "Tell me what you want?"

Annika is positive he knows what she wants, but he likes hearing her say it. He wants to hear her say that she wants him in body and soul. Wants to hear her say the words that make her his and only his. Shivaay revels in knowing that she craves his touch just as much as he craves her.

This is need.

This is love.

This is everything.

"You," she says.

"You have me. You've had me from that moment when we first met in the halls of Oberoi Mansion."

"I want you to make love to me like only you can."

Shivaay kisses her then, hard and passionate. She sighs at his touch. With all that had happened both of them had little time to explore any form of intimacy with the exception of kissing and hand holding.

Annika needed this.

They both did.

"Shivaay Bhaiya! Annika Bhabhi!" Rudra's dramatic pleading calls forced them apart, their stolen moment coming to an end as the infamous 'Mere Saaiyaan Superstar' began to play. "Help us!"

"We'd better get back or he will come looking out for us" Annika stole another quick kiss before joining their hands to lead him back to the awaiting reception. They couldn't avoid it forever, it was their wedding after all.

"I love you" Shivaay spoke the words that had once terrified him beyond all belief.

Annika paused in her walk and looked over at him with a beaming smile, "I love you too, hubby."

XXX

You are the....

Twinkle in my eye

Star in my Sky

Beat of My heart

Mate to my soul

Skip in my step

Smile on my face

Bee to my honey

Song in my head

Love of my Life

XXX

Author's Notes : Yayyyy!! I am so happy to finally write this one out. Only epilogue to go now. This fic has been very special to me and I will miss writing this version of our shivika immensely but every good thing has to have an end. I hope you all enjoyed this ride with me. Promise to give you guys an epilogue. And thank you for staying with me throughout this journey. I decided to skip any drama and just giving you guys some tooth rotting shivika fluff for the wedding, Do lemme know your views, your experience, your favorite scenes or lines anything you want to share. Love you all.

Happy Reading. Stay Safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 184 3
* No. 2 in #workrelationship as on 28 Sep 2021, really coz No.1 is His (Personal) Assistant (🤦♀️) Shivaay's the intense sharp shooter determined to...
118K 10.7K 56
Shivaay singh oberoi's world revolves around business and family. He is known to be cold hearted in the business world. People think he's serious all...
37.3K 4.4K 40
ANNIKA HARSH VARDHAN TRIVEDI A girl with a stone heart. Anika is a bad-tempered girl who studies Master in commerce. She does not hesitate to do anyt...
58.5K 5K 25
cover @inoormansoor A sweet love story of husband-wife. Relations reality. The journey of a couple's unfaithful fate to faithful fate. "She was goi...