Play With Fire \\Matt x F!Rea...

By entriico

Y/n narrowed her eyes at the male, "You." "Yes, it's me," the brown haired male smirked, "I know it's been ab... More

PROLOGUE: It's Not 'Who's Going To Let Me', It's 'Who's Going To Stop Me'
1: Ever Pointed A Knife At A Pretty Boy's Throat?
2: Great Day To be Alive, Eh Sweetheart?
3: Quite Frankly, Your Existence Bothers Me
4: There's Always A Thrill When You Play Fire With Fire; Careful You Get Burnt
5: Blinded By The Past Made Me See Him As A Bad Guy When Really Hes's My Hero
6: There's Humor In The Way They Look At Me; It Fills The Ego
7: If Holding A Grudge Was A Sin, Tell The Devil To Hold My Spot
8: You're Lucky When I'm Supposed To Hate You And Can't Bring Myself To Do So
9: If We Don't Have Trust, We Don't Have Anything
10: It Takes Strength To Love. By Loving You Announce Your Weakness To Thy Enemy
11: Sun Dresses And Guns
12: Sticks And Stones May Break Your Bones But He'll Break Them First
13: Have You Met An Aggravating Dead Man Walking?
14: Why Die When You Can Die Inside By Watching Someone You love Suffer?
15: I'm In A State Of Peace When I'm By Your Side
16: Life Is Pretty Shit But I Was At Luck When I Found You
17: My, My. Aren't You A Little Ray Of Darkness.
18: I Wished On A Million Dandilions So One Day You Would Be Mine
19: If The Devil Can't Reach You, He'll Send Demons; They're Called 'Dad'
20: Officer Pretty At Your Services
21: The Equilibrium; The Calm Before The Bad Days Ahead
22: If I Leave My House For You, Know That I Love You
23: My Family Made Me Hate The Idea Of Having One; With Him, It's Not So Bad
24: Flirt All You Want; At The End, I'm The One He Wants Attention From
25: If Disobeying Makes Me The Bad Guy Then I'll Be The Motherfucking Villian
26: 'In Anger, There's Pain'; That's Bullshit, There's Just Anger
27: Hasta La Vista To What's Left Of This Man's Sanity
29: Your Date Nights End Up With Champagne; Ours End In Chaos
30: In This Life Of Mine, I Wish To See You Die
31: I Hate That I Loved You, Maybe Then I Wouldn't Be So Broken
32: We're Gathered Here To Celebrate The Life And Mourn The Loss
33: The Line Between Yelling At God And Thanking Him Is Exceptionally Thin
EPILOGUE: A Fairytale Prince Is Classy; Ours Is A Badass Idiot
AUTHOR'S NOTE

28: Ever Argued With Someone Who Doesn't Take Criticism?

619 31 25
By entriico

Y/n sat on her couch with her feet flat on the edge of the coffee table in front of her.

Her tongue poked out slightly in concentration as she painted her toe nails, trying with precision to not fuck it up.

The hardest part was probably waiting around for it to dry and the worst part was when she would accidentally smudge it when thinking it was dry.

As the girl guided the small brush dipped in her favourite colour across the nail, her door opened.

In walked Mello who made a beeline for the fridge, Parker who immediately got distracted by the many colours of polish Y/n had previously laid out when she was making her choice and Matt who made a run for his gameboy he had left there.

"Make yourselves at home." Y/n muttered aloud for the three to hear as she rolled her eyes.

"Hey Y/n!" Mello called with chocolate cake stuffed in his mouth, brows knitted in confusion as he looked into the fridge, "Where's the chocolate bar I left here?"

"You ate it genius." Y/n deadpanned as she finished up and screwed the nail polish closed.

Without words, Parker shoved a light blue nail polish into the hands of to h/c haired girl with an excited grin, proceeding to stretch her hands out.

Knowing what Parker wanted, Y/n without hesitation began painting her friend's nails.

"Doh!" The brunet suddenly exclaimed and smacked his forehead , gaining the attention of the two females on the couch as he stood from the couch abruptly, "Almost forgot."

Matt went to Y/n and kissed her forehead lovingly with a smile, "Hi baby."

"Hi Matt." Y/n laughed slightly at his sudden remembrance to greet her, placing one of her hands on the side of his face to kiss him.

Matt's hand immediately found its way to the back of her head to deepen the kiss they were sharing.

"Y'all lovey dovey shit makes me sick." Parker groaned as she tapped Y/n's leg, signaling to continue with her nails.

"I agree." Mello nodded taking a seat behind Parker on the arm of the couch. Matt following the same but taking a seat next to the h/c haired girl.

Matt ignored the comments of the couple and continued on his handheld game console.

The familiar sound filled the noise of Matt's character dying and as he was about to rage, Y/n promptly clamped her hand on his mouth.

"Mia's in my room sleeping, dumbass." She merely said before returning to finishing up Parker's nails.

"Speaking of which." Matt brought up whilst rubbing the back of his neck, "I was talking to her the other day and she really wants to spend a day at my apartment."

Matt was on edge because he couldn't see her face to tell what she was thinking by her facial expressions.

It was silent for a moment, Parker was slightly kicking at Mello's feet as he watched as to not come across as listening in to their conversation

Its not like they could have moved to another room like the kitchen because Y/n was busy at work with the ginger's nails.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Matt." Was all Y/n had to say on the topic, hoping that would be the end of the conversation.

"Okay, this is the second time you've rejected this idea of Mia coming to my place." Matt sat up straighter, putting the console down. It was odd seeing Matt disagree with his girlfriend since he practically did whatever she said willingly, "I'm beginning to think there's a problem."

Y/n whipped her head to look at the brunet, "You don't see the problem? You have more illegal shit in your apartment than the amount of pebbles in my backyard and you want to invite a 6 year old over?"

The male grew offended as he rose a brow, facing his body more towards Y/n's direction, "You really think I'm that stupid and careless, Y/n?"

"Okay. Go back to being lovey dovey, I don't like this." Parker interjected with a frown but she wasn't spared a glance as the bickering couple just stared at each other

"The moment Mia told me she wanted to visit my place I made sure to get rid of everything that could possibly harm her." Matt looked as if her was hurt at the fact Y/n assumed he didn't have the little girl's best interest at heart.

"You're place just isn't safe Matt. End of Story." The h/c haired girl dismissed as she stood, collecting the nail polish from her coffee table to place it in a container she had it previously stored in.

Matt recalled the way Mia looked at him so desperately asking him to convince her sister to allow her to pay a visit to his apartment to hang out with him and play video games.

Mia had pouted and clasp her hands together trying to convince the male and who was him to disappoint the little girl?

Matt stood up also, his arms being crossed over his chest as his eyes never left Y/n's figure, "I always respect your decision Y/n but this time ain't gonna fly."

Mello and Parker's eyes widen at the words that flew out the brunet's mouth. Y/n stopped what she was doing at looked to the male with a brow raised.

"I said no, Matt." Y/n repeated sternly, "I am not risking her life just so she could hang out at your apartment."

Matt scoffed with an amused smile on his face, he shook his head in disbelief, "'Her life'?" He quoted, "I'm that dangerous that you won't let her stay for a couple hours? That thugs are going to magically appear the moment I have Mia with me when that has never happened for once in my life."

Matt walked closer to the female, no emotions that Y/n could detect in his eyes, it was a look she had ever seen on him, "Even if it were to happen, I said I'd protect you both even if it killed me and I meant it."

The male leaned forward towards the slightly agitated female before him, annoyance clearly apparent in her aura, "Or perhaps you seem to doubt that all of a sudden."

Mello opened his mouth to interject in the lover's quarrel but Parker quickly slapped a hand over his mouth which he let out a muffled groan.

Y/n glared at Matt intimidatingly and tilted her head as she spoke, "Or perhaps you have seem to forget when a woman says no, it means no."

The statement seemed to have set Matt off as he retracted his head and walked away from Y/n only to walk back in annoyance.

"I respect all your decisions and do whatever it is you wanna fucking do but God forbid I go against it." He chuckled whilst brushing his hair back to see proper again, "Sweetheart says no and for once I don't obey then I become the bad guy."

Y/n gritted her teeth and spoke, with her voice getting a bit louder than before, "I don't get the big fucking deal, Matt. Why are you making this a thing?!" The h/c haired girl shouted slightly, "You aren't dangerous Matt but the people who fucking despise you are and if they ever found out where you live."

"Y/n that's never going to happen. Stop looking at the negative for fucks sake." No matter how much she angered him, he'd never shout at her, "You think I hand out flyers with my address on it?"

"She wants to come Y/n, just let her." The brunet continued, "You never let her do anything. You don't take her to the Park, or to an ice cream shop or the beach. When last has she gone to the fucking zoo, Y/n?"

If the female was being honest, she never thought to do those things with her sister because she never really asked. Y/n was busy between work and basically everything else.

Yes, Y/n was there for her sister. Did she really take her out? Not really, no.

The more she thought about it Mia has only been couped up in her aunts mansion or her apartment.

Mia only really leaves when Y/n takes her with her to do something.

Y/n was now opened to this and planned to change that but the way Matt approached the whole thing infuriated her, especially in front of Parker and Mello.

She was just embarrassed more than anything.

In response, Y/n just clicked her tongue in annoyance and raised her hands in defense, "Do whatever the fuck you want, Matt."

With that being said, Y/n took her coat and headed out the door, ignoring the calls from the three behind her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 1.3K 12
(Y/n) had a secret. It was the kind that if anyone found out, there would be trouble. As in, immediately on death row kind of trouble. So, (Y/n) kept...
213K 6.4K 35
L is dead. Mello and Matt are dead. Kira is dead. So what does Near do now? Why, solve a murder case, of course! And that murder case brings along a...
2.3K 888 20
Context: A SELF-INSERT psychological buildup of suspense, before delving into a chilling-enemies-to-lovers Romance-allured to that of Micheal Keehl. ...
605K 21.1K 81
Y/n didn't expect her life to take a turn for the weird. She along with her best friend Light Yagami join L on the Kira case. Y/n was smart and a gre...