A Night to Remember

By aria_34

Hermione shares a heated night with Draco Malfoy after seeing Ron snog another woman. What she didn't know, i... More

A Night We Will Regret
Head Girl
Interrogation
Another Day, Another Secret
Unfortunate Interactions
New Friends
Shopping Trip
Party Prep
Makeup and Cheers
Body Say
The Aftermath
Morning
Oh Ronald...
Life Updates
A Long Week
Apologies & Invitations
Weekend Fun
Packing
Narcissa
Taken
Taken Pt 2
What's Going On?
A Beating
Plans
A Somewhat Succesful Execution
Rescue Mission
Out of Danger
Back to Normal
New Years Kiss

A Long Night

4.1K 47 9
By aria_34

Lunch was finished and we began our trek back to Hogwarts. Harry and Astoria excluded of course. Ginny and Blaise were a few feet ahead of us giggling at something random. I turned to Draco and smiled down at me. During lunch all I could think about was 'what are we?'. Seeing the two couples all loved up made me overthink every instance of when Draco and I had been together recently. We literally just slept together last night. That's it. If we don't count the night we shared at that party that is....he's been acting strange. Well strange to me I guess since I've never seen him like this. I'm trying keep Ginnys voice in my head telling me to just enjoy and don't think...but it's hard. I sighed trying to ignore the million thoughts in my head.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked stopping me by stepping in front of me.

"Nothing," I said. I didn't want to cause any issues between us. What if he didn't want to be in a relationship? If I said something, it might ruin what we have...whatever it was.

"No, somethings wrong. Please tell me," he said cupping my cheeks.

"I..."

"Mia, just tell me darling."

"I guess I just...I was wondering...what exactly we are..." I trailed off. I looked anywhere but his face. I didn't know how he would react.

"You're my girlfriend, duh." I looked back at his face confused. I was dumbfounded.

"Huh?" Maybe I did overthink this whole situation.

"Do you not want to be?" He asked with his face falling.

"No! Of course I want to be, but you never asked me, so I didn't know that that's what you wanted."

"Oh well, I thought it obvious I wanted to be with you." I rolled my eyes at his sentence. Men.

"Well you kind of have to ask Draco or I would've never known," I sighed trying not to laugh at his face. He wore a look of confusion and shock. He groaned but grabbed my hands.

"Mia, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I giggled at his exasperated face. Typical Draco Malfoy.

"Hm I'll have to think about it," I said and began to walk away. I didn't get far as he grabbed my wrist pulling my back to his chest.

"Nuh uh, you're mine love," he whispered in my ear.

"I wouldn't want to be anybody else's," I said back.

———

I paced the isle of the library, book in hand, pen between my teeth in thought. I was working on my advanced charms essay that was due in two weeks. I always stayed ahead on my studies. Better to not be stressed.

It had been three weeks since Draco officially asked me to be his girlfriend, and life has been pretty good. Once everyone got over the initial shock of it all, they came to accept us as a couple. All except Ron. He is still throwing a fit over the whole situation. Harry had gone back to training and Astoria had joined us in our little group of friends. Every lunch period we sat at the gryffindor table. Our group included myself, Draco, Ginny, Pansy, Blaise, Theo, Astoria, Neville, Luna, Dean, Seamus, and whoever else wanted to join. It really was showing house unity as McGonagall had mentioned many times passing our table.

Right now, I am struggling to find the correct book to assist me in writing my essay. I have pulled down five books by now, and none of them are what I need. I huff sitting back in my chair at the table I have claimed as mine. The table is located toward the back of the library. This way, I'm away from anyone and everyone who might bother me.

"Hey Granger," a voice speaks through the silent night. I look to see who it is, and wish I could apparate away.

"What Cormac?" I seriously did not want to deal with this douche tonight. I started gathering up my stuff and putting books back where they go, so I could leave.

"What's the rush Granger? I just got here," he says stepping closer to me. I almost choke on the cologne he was drowning in.

"And now I'm leaving," I say grabbing my bag. I walk past him and speed walk out the doors. The heads dorm is unfortunately on the seventh floor. I practically run up the stairs trying to lose him.

"Granger wait up," he says. I can tell he's a couple steps away from me, but I don't look back. I really loathe this man. I think I had a stronger hatred for him than Draco a few years ago. I keep climbing the stairs, hoping one of the staircases changes. However, luck doesn't seem to be on my side as he grabs ahold of my arm. One staircase away from the place I was running to. "I said, wait up."

"Yeah I heard you, but I chose to ignore you." I snap.

"Woah someone's got fire tonight. Don't worry, by the time I'm done, you'll be such a quiet and submissive girl," he leans closer to my face. I reach my hand up and slap him. Hard. I step out of his grasp moving toward the stairs.

"Leave me alone you ass."

"You bitch!" He screeches looking my way. "I'll get you for that!" He starts heading in my direction, but I don't flinch. Suddenly my vision is blocked by black robes.

"Fuck off McLaggen." I look up to see blonde hair on the back of my mystery saviors head.

"No, you fuck off Malfoy, this doesn't concern you."

"Actually, you might find it does idiot. You see, I do believe you were about to assault my girlfriend. I believe that very well does concern me." Draco retorts at the stupid brute.

"Whatever. Granger, you better watch your back you bitch." Cormac sneers and walks away. Draco turns to me with worry on his face.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes Draco, I'm fine," I reply. I really was fine. "I'm not scared of Cormac. He's all bark, no bite."

"What?"

"Nothing," I giggle at his confusion. "Can we just go back to our room?" I ask turning to finish walking up the stairs.

"Mia we need to talk about this," Draco says, stopping me in my tracks.

"Talk about what?" I ask turning back to the blonde.

"You can't be out this late, especially by yourself."

"Excuse me? I was just in the library."

"I know Mia, but from now on I don't think you should be out at night. And I don't think you should ever be by yourself. You don't know what someone could do to you."

"Draco, we are in Hogwarts. Literally one of the safest places to be. So what Cormac tried to be big and bad, I can handle my own." I know he's just worried about me, but I can handle myself. I don't like when people try to tell me what to do.

"I'm not saying you can't. Just try and be in the dorm after dinner okay?" I scoff at his words.

"So you're giving me a curfew because Cormac hit on me?" I ask my voice slightly rising. This is ridiculous.

"No Hermione," he used my full name, so I know he's irritated. "I-ugh woman I'm just trying to keep you safe damnit!"

"And I appreciate that, but like I said, I'm okay! Cormac is the only person who has even somewhat threatened me. I'm not going to stop living my life and hide away in the dorm every evening because you think it's best."

"Hermione you don't know what dangers can come around this time of night!" His voice has raised too at this point. We are basically yelling at each other in a corridor on the seventh floor.

"I don't?! Excuse me, I fought in the war too Draco! I know exactly what can happen!"

"Then you know why I want to keep you safe!"

"Giving me a curfew and watching my every move won't fix anything! It will just drive me nuts!"

"Hermione either you listen to me, or I will say something to piss us both off to the extreme." I was already pissed off, what else could be said?

"Oh really? And what is that Draco? That you forbid me from going to the library to study in the evenings after dinner?" I rolled my eyes.

"I-yes!" Yep, definitely more pissed off. "Mia, I didn't-"

I sigh, bringing my voice down to its normal level I open my mouth. "Draco, like I said, I fought in the war too. If that's what this is really about then we can talk about it, but I won't continue yelling at you. I am thankful you're worried about my safety, but you don't treat me like a child. I have defended myself for years, and I can take care of anyone who thinks they can take me. As for what you just said, you don't control me. Yes, you're my boyfriend and I was respect you and your opinion, but you can't forbid me from doing anything." When he didn't reply, but simply stared at me angrily, I spoke once again. "I'm going to bed." It was more of a whisper than anything. I was already tired, dealing with Cormac and then Draco took a lot of energy.

For the first night in three weeks, I slept in my own bed, alone...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.7K 21
Blaise was an amusing man; she threw her head back in laughter when a voice of sultry steel cut through the moment. The voice drawled, "Mate, do you...
1.5M 32.6K 50
A Theodore Nott Love Story. *** Everything isn't what it seems. *** "Lies! It's all lies, Theo!" I raised my voice, tears brimming the edge. "What...
Fallen By SamadiW

Fanfiction

259K 4.9K 22
**MATURE CONTENT ** (Smut alert!) His eyes defiant and wild, Draco spoke to her in barely a whisper, "We need this, Granger. Marry Weasley, but tonig...
9.1K 148 16
*Complete*Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger loathe each other. They will be civil to each other when the hell freezes over. But will a simple game ch...