Realize (PUBLISHED)

By fallenbabybubu

They live on the same floor. They attend the same luxurious school. They have the same friends. They couldn't... More

...
Realize (1)
Realize (2)
Realize (3)
Realize (4)
Realize (5)
Realize (6)
Realize (7)
Realize (8)
Realize (9)
Realize (10)
Realize (11)
Realize (12)
Realize (13)
Realize (14)
Realize (15)
Realize (16)
Realize (17)
Realize (18)
Realize (19)
Realize (20)
Realize (21)
Realize (22)
Realize (23)
Realize (24)
Realize (25)
Realize (26)
Realize (27)
Realize (28)
Realize (29)
Realize (30)
Realize (31)
Realize (32)
Realize (33)
Realize (34)
Realize (35)
Realize (36)
Realize (38)
Realize (39)
Realize (40)
Realize (41)
Realize (42)
Realize (43)
Realize (44)
Realize (45)
Realize (46)
Realize (47)
Realize (48)
Realize (49)
Realize

Realize (37)

193K 4K 597
By fallenbabybubu

WARNING: Barely edited chapter due to stress and tiredness. In my defense, I wrote this when I was fourteen. That's why I've been editing this before posting here. I'm sure you can see the difference if you've read the earlier chapters or if you've read my other works/stories. You can see how big of an improvement I've made. Hence, this chapter is hardly revised. So this is technically done by the 14-year-old me, who is not quite good at constructing sentences for a novel yet.

_____________________

January went uneventful at Sky.

The news that Karl and Jen were dating spread out fast. But what got everyone at Sky’s attention were rumors spreading like a bullet that Todd and Maxine were going out.

The rumors spread like wildfire because Maxine was having a ride home with Todd everyday. What the rumors didn't include was that Todd and Maxine lived in the same condominium and on the same floor.

Maxine thought at first that she was still going to ride the limousine. But Todd told her that she would have to go with him to and from Sky from now on, thinking that it was such a drag using different vehicles when they lived at the same building.

Some believed the rumors that they were going out. Some didn't, claiming that it was impossible for Todd to like a girl. Others, however, took the matter in their own hands. Like Michelle Jones; she came up to Maxine and directly asked her if she was going out with Todd.

“No I’m not, Michelle,” said Maxine, frustrated about being asked of the same question ever since they came back to school.

“Are you telling the truth?” asked Michelle suspiciously.

“Why would I lie?” Maxine frowned. “Ask him if you don’t believe me.”

With that, she left Michelle standing in the corridor. She was sick and tired of being asked about Todd. Although, she couldn't lie to herself that sometimes she wanted to say yes. Still, it wasn't in her nature to lie. That was exactly the reason why she was a bad liar.

Finally, after two weeks, everybody at Sky seemed to be quiet regarding Todd and Maxine. They finally believed that they were not dating. Though, they still wondered about the ride thing.

And that week, the gang were in the Sky Studio when Todd gave them news that made Maxine greatly anxious.

“I’m just gonna remind you that the Clash is coming up in March,” reminded Todd. There was this odd aura about him and with the way he talked. “I already wrote a song for this year’s Music Clash. We must be as extraordinary as always. The exact date of the event is on March twenty-five. You know who our biggest rival is, and I have no desire on letting their hands on the Clash Cup. We’ve been the title holder for two years in a row and —“

“Are we talking about the Battle of the Bands?” asked Maxine, who did not understand most of Todd’s talking. “We’re going to compete at a Battle of the Bands?” she added excitedly.

“What did you just call it?” asked Brian curiously.

“The Battle of the Bands,” answered Maxine in a questionable voice.

Brian, Karl, and Peter chuckled.

“What?” said Maxine with a raised eyebrow.

“We don’t call it ‘The Battle of the Bands.’” Peter explained, smiling at Maxine as if he was sorry that she didn't know.

“Here at Sky, we call it ‘Music Clash’,” informed Karl with style.

“Or simply ‘Clash’,” shrugged Brian.

Maxine thought about it. After a moment, she decided that there wasn't much difference with their meaning.

“What’s the difference?” queried Maxine, slightly frowning.

“The difference is, when people here hear you say that, they’ll laugh at you,” sighed Todd. When Maxine looked puzzled, Todd turned to Brian and said, “Explain.”

Brian grinned, cleared his throat, and began, “The Clash is a yearly competition between the five most prestigious High Schools in the East Coast. It consists of five different types of events. Every event comes after every two weeks of the other. The first event is the Music Clash, which is a Band Competition. The second is the Sports Clash. Third is the Scholastic Clash — totally boring. Fourth is the Unknown Clash, which is a completely mysterious event because you’ll know what the game will be twenty-four hours before the match. And lastly, the Final Clash, where the competing group of students will have to organize an extravaganza at their school. There’s Mount Valley Private School —“

“They’re not much of a threat,” whispered Karl.

“—School of Technology for Musicians, —“

“They’re too techno at the Music Clash,” whispered Peter.

“— JaBe twin’s School of Arts, —“

“They’re okay,” said Peter and Karl in harmony.

“— and lastly, Vlad Institute,” hissed Brian darkly.

The boys looked grim and serious. It was like, the mere mention of the school made them livid. Maxine wondered if there was a bloodbath history between this Vlad Institute and Sky Academy.

“Vlad Institute has been our mortal rival since the beginning of the Clash,” Brian went on. “They’re excellent — but not excellent enough to thrash us. Their drummer, Dominique Harris, is green with envy of Todd because Todd’s got the attention and admiration of a lot of people. And most of all, Todd won the Clash Cup.”

We won the Clash Cup,” corrected Todd.

“That’s why he’s doing everything he can in order to beat Todd,” continued Brian, as if there was no interruption. “They play fair, though. And that’s a good thing.”

“What’s the Clash Cup?” asked Maxine.

“The Clash Cup is a trophy that’s given to the winner of the Music Clash for the year,” said Brian. “So far, we have two. And both of it are in the headmaster’s office.”

“What are the qualities that are needed to win the Clash Cup?”

“Originality — creativity — appearance — arrangement of the song — incredibility of the music — and the audience impact,” answered Peter as he counted using his fingers.

And then, something came up to Maxine. If she hadn't been their vocalist those last two years, who had been?

“Who was your vocalist?”

Karl raised a hand. He smiled sheepishly at Maxine.

Maxine's eyes widened in amazement. “You’re a singer, Karl?”

“Not much,” replied Karl shyly.

“What are you talking about?” said Peter indignantly. “You're good.”

“Yeah,” agreed Brian. “If it weren’t for you, we wouldn’t win the Clash Cup.”

“Stop it, you’re making me blush.” Karl waved his hand mockingly.

They all laughed.

“Is it all right for you guys that I’m gonna sing for the Clash this year?” wondered Maxine out loud.

“Are you kidding? You’re like a bonus for winning those cups,” grinned Peter.

“Yup, you made us even more indestructible,” agreed Brian.

“And you sing way better than me,” assured Karl.

Maxine smiled happily at them. Todd pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and gave it to Maxine. She looked at it. It was a song that was written by Todd. She stared at his handwriting. It was somehow unusual for a guy to have that kind of penmanship. And at last, she read it:

You’re the Angel, I’m the Devil

I thought at first / you make me (burst) thirst.

You’re sent from heaven / to go to hell.

To make me suffer / and be doomed forever.

I can’t (attain) explain / the given pain.

Or so I thought / but then I’m wrong.

Before you came / my life’s the same;

I can see the stars at night,

But they’re not so (light) bright.

You’re a falling star

That shines through the night —

“What do you think?” asked Todd.

Maxine was a little taken aback by being asked what she thought about Todd’s lyrics. But what did she think? If truth be told, when she was reading it, it felt as though a guy was speaking to her.

“So far, I think it’s good,” answered Maxine casually. Todd opened his mouth to say something but Maxine quickly said, “I haven’t finished reading the whole.”

“Finish reading it, then,” ordered Todd.

Maxine pouted but she finished reading it.

The days that followed that were all practice, practice, and practice.

Maxine thought their composed song was amazing. It was like what the gang always say, “We always perform remarkably at the Clash.” Because of that, the pressure was so high for her. What if because of her, they wouldn't win the Clash Cup? What if the band was better off without her?

She forgot worrying when the last week of January came. The talk of Sky's students was the Royal Ball that would take place at Thompsons Hotel on February the fourteenth. It was an annual event for youths from influential families in New York City to attend to. Most of the juniors and seniors at Sky were attending the Royal Ball. It was always a talk of who your date was going to be at the Ball.

Neither Maxine nor Todd mentioned about the fact that they were both going to the Ball together because their parents set them up.

Now that Maxine thought about it, a part of her was excited about going with him to the Ball. But she wasn't sure if he was willing to go with her. Hence, she never mentioned it before. But when the gang continuously brought the conversation up, she and Todd had no idea how to change the topic when their friends were excitedly talking nonstop about it.

“So who’re you taking, Peter?” asked Karl, when they settled themselves at the Sky Cafeteria in the first week of February.

“A girl who’s blonde and hot,” answered Peter, smirking.

“Who’s the girl?” asked Brian.

“Good point,” said Peter thoughtfully. He looked around the cafeteria, as if looking for someone. “We just have to find out at the Ball,” he said as he laid his back on his chair.

“It’s a little disappointing, though,” sighed Kim.

“What is?” asked Brian.

Kim looked at him before answering, “Well, we can’t celebrate Valentine’s Day here at Sky.”

“Oh, yeah,” breathed Brian thoughtfully.

“What a shame . . .” muttered Peter sadly.

“Not really,” said Karl and Jen in unison, disagreeing with Peter.

“I hate Valentine’s Day here,” said Todd under his breath.

“Why? What’s wrong with Valentine’s Day here?” asked Maxine, confused and curious at the same time.

“There’s really nothing wrong with it,” answered Brian. “That’s just Todd saying he doesn’t want to be special again.”

“Why?”

“Because,” began Kim, “Sky follows a tradition every year at Valentine’s Day. You know, in Japan, whenever it’s February fourteenth? The girls give chocolates to their most special ones. In our generation, the girls mostly give chocolates to the boys whom they admire. Sky adapted that tradition. Because, as you very well know, Headmaster Sky loves romance.” She paused to have a little laugh. “Last year, I remember Todd having their limousine full of chocolates.”

The gang laughed at the memory. Maxine laughed with them, imagining Todd’s reaction. While Todd could only scowl and look away.

Maxine looked up dreamily. “I wanna experience giving chocolates to everyone that’s special to me.”

Todd stared curiously at her.

“Who might those people be?” he asked thoughtfully.

Maxine blushed and said quickly, “It’s a secret!”

Peter smiled evilly. “Don’t worry, Todd,” he said slowly. “I’m sure we’ll find out next year. By any chance, are you hoping that you’re one of those special people?”

Todd flushed. He slowly turned his glare at Peter.

“Okay, okay,” Peter said defensively. “Forget what I said.”

“By the way, Maxine,” said Jen vaguely. “Who’s taking you to the Royal Ball?”

Maxine froze and widened her eyes. This was the reason why she didn't want to talk about the Royal Ball. If she was asked who her date was, who would she say? It wasn't like Todd himself asked her. It was their mothers that planned it. It would be embarrassing if she said that Todd was taking her against his will. He would probably deny it.

So instead of answering, she stared back at the others on the table and refused to say anything.

“Me,” admitted Todd finally.

Everyone turned to look at him. His face was unreadable. Maxine couldn't clarify if Todd was happy about it or not. Her heartbeat was thumping loudly that she wondered if the gang could hear it, too

Todd said that he was taking her to the Royal Ball.

There were so many things that came to Maxine’s mind that she couldn't quite think straight.

“I beg your pardon?” said Jen politely.

Todd took a deep breath.

“I’m taking her to the Ball,” he repeated with his expressionless face.

“Who’s ‘her’?” asked Karl, as though he wanted a confirmation.

“And what ‘Ball’?” added Peter, in a voice that he already knew the answer.

Todd glowered at Karl and Peter, but then he sighed. The gang was still staring at him, waiting curiously. They already knew what Todd was saying but they wanted to hear the complete sentence with Maxine’s name in it.

“I’m taking Maxine to the Royal Ball,” completed Todd quietly.

The gang’s jaws dropped. They were expecting this but it still seemed unusual to hear him say it. They composed themselves and grinned very largely. Kim and Jen literally jumped on their seat in delight.

“Did you ask her yet?” beamed Kim.

“Why do I get all the questions?” Todd protested irritably. “Ask her.”

“Have he asked you, Maxine?” asked Kim eagerly, turning to her.

“No,” answered Maxine quietly. “Our moms set us up.”

Oh,” said Kim and Brian in unison.

“Well, that’s not surprising, is it?” shrugged Peter. “We all know that Todd wouldn’t ask a girl to go with him to this sort of events.”

“Yeah,” nodded Karl. “Todd hates social gatherings.”

“You do know that you’re talking about me as if I wasn’t here?” said Todd seriously, with a raised eyebrow.

Karl and Peter smiled weakly at him.

“It is actually surprising, Peter,” remarked Jen dreamily. When they all turned to her, she went on, “Todd hates social gatherings, but why is he attending this one? We all know that Todd cannot be persuaded if he does not really want to do something. And he wouldn’t ask a girl to go with him to this sort of events, but why did he say that he’s taking Maxine? We know that almost all of the time, Todd means what he says. So it is surprising for Todd to easily agree on something like this.”

Todd looked away before anyone could notice that his face was heated.

Maxine looked at her food, not meeting any of the gang’s eyes.

Jen looked as though she didn’t know what she just said.

Brian and Kim smiled triumphantly.

Karl and Peter looked dumbfounded.

But one thing was definitely clear . . .

They all couldn't wait how the Royal Ball would turn out.

_____________________

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! (I'm so sleepy. ~_~ So sleepy that I can't bother to find a song that suits this chapter 'cause I think it lacks emotions. Definitely not my night.)

PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!!  >> @LouisseCarreon

Please Comment and Vote -- if you like!! ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50 8 8
"Actually, me and Orion are dating!" He exclaims. "You are?!" Everyone yells, clearly confused. "We are?" I question, my voice getting drowned out...
37.9M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
19.1K 1.2K 25
Please give my story a TRY. I assure you that it's going to be worth it. They've been next door neighbours for 5years. He noticed her but didn't want...
218K 2.3K 35
"𝗜 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗺𝗲" "𝗦𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗮, 𝗜 𝗮𝗺 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗮 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂" ______ What happens i...