Girlfriend or girl that's a f...

By Maia_Jane

Y/n Wheeler has basically always been part of the party. Ever since her twin brother, Mike (fraternal of cour... More

1: Basement Boardgames.
2: We, the freaks.
3: Will's disappeared.
4: Mirkwood.
6: Mike's failed plan.
7: Dinner.
8: Wrist rocket.
9: The troll.
10: The body.
11: Will?
12: School.
13: The veil of shadows.
14: The funeral.
15: Traitor.
16: Nerd friends.
17: You're not a monster.
18: Mad hen.
19: Don't answer.
20: Deprivation tank.
21: Upside down. {end of season 1}
1: Mad Max. (start of season 2)
2: Creeps.
3: Halloween.
4: D'artagnan.
5: Episode.
6: Hangout.
7: Looking for Dart.
8: A fight.
9: Dig-Dug.
10: Steve Harrington?
11: The junkyard.
12: D'artagnan.
13: Dart ate a cat?!?
14: The Lab.
15. The Byers'.
16. Genius.
17. Preparation for Interrogation.
18. Close gate.
19. She's back.
15. Billy.
16. Car ride.
17: Going Down to the Hub.
18: The hub and the Demodogs.
19: Snowball of '84 (End of season 2)
1: Starcourt Mall. (Start of season 3)
2: Girlfriend?
3: Weathertop.
4: Shopping.
5: Flashback Makeout.
6: Slumber Party.

5: The girl.

2.9K 59 145
By Maia_Jane

Y/n's pov

The booming clap of thunder and the steady drumming of rain hitting the windows could be heard from inside our basement.

The poor girl sat before us, shaking, her
breath heavy and ragged.

She was wearing Mike's jacket, he had given it to her when we found her shivering in the rain.

The four of us stood in front of her, gazing at her in awe and bewilderment.

Lucas and Mike were to my right, Dustin on my
left.

Mike finally broke the silence.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?"

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?"

"Dustin." I scolded.

"Did you run away?"

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Hold on. Is that blood?" I asked, my eyes going wide.

Lucas reached his hand toward her, but Mike slapped it away, causing the girl to look even more scared and confused.

"Stop it, you're freaking her out!" Mike yelled.

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas and I yelled in unison.

I realized I had been yelling, and quickly closed my mouth.

I felt really bad for this girl, I didn't need to be yelling.

"I bet she's deaf!" Dustin said looking at me, but I just shrugged, nodding for him to go on.

Dustin clapped his hands together loudly, and the girl flinched at the sudden noise.

"Nope, not deaf." He said in an almost disappointed tone.

"Alright, that's enough!!" Mike yelled.

"Yeah, she's just scared and cold! Micheal, get some clean clothes." I yelled at the boys.

Dustin and Lucas finally shut up, and Mike walked over to the laundry machine and grabbed some clean, folded clothes.

"Here, these clothes are for you. It's okay, I promise we won't hurt you." I spoke softly, and she calmed down a bit at the tone of my voice.

She rubbed the folded clothes on her cheek, which was kind of weird, she then stood up and reached down, attempting to take her shirt off in front of all of us.

"No, no!" Mike and I said in unison, freaking out. Mike put his hands on hers to stop her from pulling her shirt up.

"Woah!"

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!"

"Woah!"

She looked scared because of all of our yelling, so Mike conveyed a better idea. "Over there is a bathroom, for privacy, get it?"

She calmed down, and nodded, walking towards the bathroom with Mike trailing behind her.

"This is mental." Dustin came to the conclusion of.

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"At least she can talk." Mike shrugged, coming back from the bathroom.

"She said 'No' and 'Yes', your three-year-old sister can say more!" Lucas whisper yelled.

Mike glared at him.

"She tried to get naked!" Dustin said.

"There's something seriously wrong with her. Like, wrong in the head." Lucas said.

She just went like..." Dustin expressed, pulling his arms up, like she had almost did. He kept doing that gesture a couple more times before he knocked his hat off.

"I bet she escaped from Penhurst." Lucas said.

"From where?" I asked.

"The nuthouse in Kerley county." Lucas explained.

"You got a lot of family there?" Dustin asked.

"Bite me! Seriously though, think about it. That would explain her shaved hair and why she's so crazy." Lucas commented.

"Why she went like..." Dustin did the shirt gesture again.

"She's an escapee is the point."Lucas shook his head at Dustin. "She's probably a psycho."

Dustin's eyes went wide. "Like Micheal Myers." He referenced quickly.

"Exactly!" Lucas said.

"We should've never brought her here!" Lucas worried.

"What, you just wanted to leave her out in that storm, Lucas?" I asked with my hands on my hips, my brows raised.

"Well... yeah! We went out to find Will, not another problem!" Lucas said.

"I think we should tell your mom." Dustin suggested to Mike and me.

"I second that." Lucas agreed.

"Who's crazy now?!" Mike and I asked together.

"Why is that crazy?" Lucas asked.

"Because, we weren't supposed to be out tonight, remember." Mike reminded.

"So?" Lucas raised his eyebrows.

"So, if we tell our mom, she'll tell your moms and then-" I started, but was cut off.

"Oh man." Dustin worried.

"Our houses become Alcatraz." Lucas realized.

"Exactly!" I said loudly.

"Okay, here's the plan, she sleeps here tonight-" Mike started.

"You're letting a girl-" Dustin started in disbelief.

"Just listen! In the morning she'll sneak around to the front door, and ring the doorbell.
Our mom will know just what to do. She'll send her back to Penhurst or wherever she came from. Once we're in the clear, we'll go out again and this time, we find Will." Mike explained.

"Sounds like a plan." I said, even though I doubted it very much.

Dustin and Lucas were standing at the bottom of the stairs, ready to head home, while Mike constructed a small fort for the girl and I got a sleeping bag out of the closet.

I handed Mike the sleeping bag and headed over to the boys.

"You really think she's psycho?" Dustin asked.

"Wouldn't want her in my house." Lucas stated, shaking his head. "Goodnight y/n." He smiled before he made his way up the stairs.

"Night Lucas!" I called after him.

Dustin pointed to Lucas and made kissy faces and I flipped him off. "Night, y/n." He laughed.

"Night Dustin." I shook my head with a faint smile.

I walked back over to Mike and the girl.

"I just realized we never asked your name." I said, kneeling next to my brother.

The girl looked at us both, then without saying a word, she lifted her sleeve to reveal a small tattoo on the inside of her wrist. It read '011'.

My eyes widened. "Woah!" I couldn't help but gasp.

"Is that real?" Mike asked excitedly, reaching out to touch her arm.

She quickly retracted her arm and stared at Mike.

"Sorry." Mike apologized sheepishly. "I've just never seen a kid with a tattoo before."

"011, what's it mean?" I asked.

She pointed at herself.

"That's your name?" Mike asked with a bizarre look.

"Eleven, okay." I nodded with a smile.

"Um, well my names Mike, short for Michael." He introduced himself. "And this is my sister Y/n. Her name isn't short for anything but sometimes we call her Y/n/n."

"Sister?" Eleven pointed at me.

"Yeah." Mike nodded.

"It means we have the same parents." I explained.

Eleven nodded, in more understanding.

"So your names Eleven." Mike thought for a second. "Maybe we can call you 'El', short for Eleven." He offered.

El nodded softly.

"Uh, well, okay." I got up from my now carpet imprinted knees. "It was nice meeting you, El, and if you need anything at all, I'm just upstairs. And so is Mikey here, of course." I looked at my brother with a knowing look. "Unfortunately I am extremely tired and need sleep. Night Michael. Goodnight El."

I glanced over my shoulder one last time before heading up the stairs.

Word count: 1177

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3.5K 28
Y/n uses they/them pronouns to make it comfortable for all readers. Sequel to Hold On. ************************* °Retrouvailles- the joy that you fee...
47.2K 1K 53
With a lawyer of a mother, a step-father constantly busy working too, and a hardly present college student of an older brother, Will Byers doesn't ha...
10.6K 170 26
'Will heard Mike scoff and say "You are so pathetic!" before he slammed the basement door shut.' 'Well, this summer is going great. This summer is go...
24.3K 906 40
Gabrielle Jordan She had been friends with the boys since she could remember. They played video games and played D&D. But everything was turned ups...