2: We, the freaks.

Y/n's pov

I woke up the next morning to Mike shaking me violently and yelling in my ear that breakfast was ready.

Sharing your room with your brother sucks.

After I got dressed I headed downstairs and to the table, where Mike was pouring his maple syrup on his scrambled eggs as usual.

"How do you eat that, Michael?" I made a disgusted face at his plate.

"It's good! Try some!" He said, holding up the bottle of Mrs. butterworths.

"I'm good." I shook my head.

He shrugged and went back to pouring it on his plate.

The phone rang and my mom got up to get it.

"Ugh, Mike that's disgusting." Nancy said, losing her appetite.

"You're disgusting!" Mike and I said in unison, me in a more mocking tone.

Mike began to pour the syrup onto not only his eggs, but Nancy's as well, resulting in Nancy exclaiming, me snickering and our mother shushing us.

"Bye mom." I kissed her on the cheek, grabbing my paper bag lunch.

"Wait, If you see Will at school today, can you tell me?" She asked weirdly.

"Uh, yeah sure." I slung my backpack over my shoulder. "MIKE! WERE GONNA BE LATE! love you, bye!"
___

The boys and I finally made it to school, the bell ringing as we parked our bikes.

"That's weird." Mike looked around. "I don't see him."

"I'm telling you, his mom's right." Lucas spoke. "He probably just went to class early again."

I always admired how Lucas could be so optimistic... in a way. He's always been good at keeping the party level-headed and on track. I tend to worry a lot so it's really nice to have a friend like Lucas to reassure me all the time. I guess you could say I'm a bit of an over thinker.

"He's probably paranoid Gursky's gonna give him another pop quiz. I don't blame him. Gursky's tests are the worst." I shrugged, smiling back at Dustin and Lucas. Mike was still looking around.

"Step right up ladies and gentlemen." A voice snickered, coming towards us. "Step right up and get your tickets for the freak show." Troy said smugly.

"Oh, great, just perfect." I groaned as we turned to face the two boys. "Troy and his goon. You know, this is just what I needed today." I said, sarcasm lacing my tone.

"Shut up bitch." Troy said, his nose scrunching in anger.

"Oh, man you look stupid when you do that." I muttered.

"What was that?" Troy asked, daring me to say it to his face.

"I said-" I started.

"Y/n." Lucas put his hand on my arm, his eyes wide, telling me to stop.

"Nothing." I dropped my head down a bit.

"That's what I thought." Troy said. "So who do you think would make the most money in a freak show anyways?" Troy asked James.

"Personally I think you would." I looked at their faces expectantly.

Troy scoffed and shook his head, continuing to talk.

I looked to Dustin and shrugged.

"Midnight." He punched Lucas in the arm. I clenched my jaw.

"Bitchface." He kicked me in the shin.