6: Hangout.

Y/n's pov

Mike came back from using the school phone while trying to get in touch with Will.

"Anything?" Lucas asked him.

"We need to talk. A.V. room. Right now." Mike said.

Dustin, Max and I stood up from where we were sitting on the stairs and started following Lucas and Mike into the school.

Mike looked over his shoulder to where Max was.

"Party members only!" Mike shouted.

"Come on, Michael!" I said, starting to get irritated at how he was treating her.

"No! This is non-negotiable!" Mike said.

Mike walked inside, and Lucas and Dustin followed.

"Sorry Max." Lucas said as he passed her.

"Yeah, sorry. Come on, Y/n." Dustin said as he too walked inside.

"Uh, one minute." I said to Dustin with a smile, before turning to Max.

"Let me guess, you're really sorry but I can't come because it's super serious?" Max said, looking really sad.

I sighed, and nodded.

"Something like that. I really am sorry, and I don't know why Mike is being such a jerk face lately, but I think it's about Will, and... I'm sorry but I just have to." I explained, looking down at my shoes.

I gave her a small sad smile, reaching for the door handle when she spoke.

"Y/n?" She asked.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Uh, thanks... for standing up for me, I mean. And at least trying to get me in your party." She said with a small smile.

I smiled back.

"Of course. And don't worry, I'm gonna get you in, I just gotta figure out how." I said, opening the door and walking inside.

We met up in the A.V. room, and we all took a seat.

"Will didn't want me to tell anyone, but on Halloween night, he saw a sort of shadow in the sky." Mike explained.

"A shadow?" Lucas asked.

Mike nodded.

"What do you mean by shadow?" I asked.

"I don't know, but it scared him. And if Will really has true sight... I mean if he can really see into the upside down, then what he saw on the field was the same shadow." Mike concluded.

"Maybe." I said.

"Can it hurt him? I mean, if the shadow thing isn't from our world..." Lucas said.

"I'm not sure, Dustin?" Mike asked.

"Well, if you're in another plane, you can't interact with that material plane so, theoretically, no, it can't hurt him." Dustin said.

"Yeah, if that's even happening. This isn't D&D, this is real life." Mike said.

"True but, yesterday he was so... different. Like he was actually in another place." I said.

"So what do we do?" Lucas asked, breaking the silence.

"We acquire more knowledge. I'll go to Will's after school. You guys stay here and look for Dart." Mike said firmly.

"Okay, but what does Dart have to do with this?" Dustin asked, quite defensively.

"Will said he heard him in the upside down. I don't know how yet, but he's gotta be connected to all this. He's gotta be." Mike said.

Mike stood up, as did the rest of us.

He looked between us all.

"If we find Dart, maybe we can solve this thing. Maybe we can help Will." Mike said, and Lucas and I nodded in agreement.

We went back outside to see Max sitting on the ground.

"Hey! Sorry for taking so long." I said while Mike glared at me.

"It's fine." She said with a smile as I helped her up from the ground.

"Alright, I gotta go, see you guys. Bye Y/n." Lucas said, as we all said goodbye and he pedalled off.

"Me too, coming Y/n?" Mike asked.

"Uh, can you tell mom I'll be home in maybe an hour? Thanks." I smiled at my brother.

"Bye Y/n!" Dustin called as he biked off with Lucas.

"Bye Michael! Bye Dustin! Bye Lucas!!" I called after them.

"So! You and Lucas, huh?" Max asked once the boys had biked around a corner.

"W-what! No! Pffft." I objected, my face already red.

"You totally like each other!" She exclaimed with a smile.

"No. What?! No!" I said.

"I'll tell you who I think is cute if you admit it." Max smirked, picking at her fingernail.

"Fine! Yes, I like Lucas." I said, rolling my eyes with a smile.

"Wow. That was quick." She said, a bit surprised.

"Well, I think Will is pretty cute." Max admitted with a shy smile.

"Will?! Really??? I guess, I just never thought of it." I shrugged.

We both burst out laughing, our laughter slowly dying down.

"So. Have any plans for right now?" I asked.

"No, why?" She asked.

"Do you maybe wanna hangout?" I asked.

"Y/n. You're way cooler than Mike." Max said, laughing.

"I always knew I was the cooler twin." I smiled.

"Wait. You're twins?!?" Max asked, shocked.

"Yeah. Fraternal, obviously." I said. "I know I know. I was disappointed too when I found out." I joked.

"I would've never guessed." Max cocked her head up the side.

"Why not? We do live together and we share a room and we have the same parents, and I'm the only person other than our mom who calls him Michael." I said.

"Well, you look nothing alike, and you're way nicer, no offence but your brothers kind of an asshole." Max said.

"Believe me, I know." I chuckled.

"Do you wanna go to my house?" She asked.

"Sure. Considering I share a room with Mike and he kind of hates you for no particular reason, that sounds like a better idea." I said.

I hopped on my bike and max skated along beside me until we got to her house.

"This is it." Max said, getting off her skateboard as I laid my bike in the front lawn.

When we went through the front door, heavy metal MTV blasted in my face and the smell of sweat and cigarette smoke filled the room.

A guy who looked around Nancy's age was working out in the living room.

He put his weights down when he heard the front door open, looking up at the two of us.

"Who is that?" He asked skeptically, eyeing my clothing.

"This is my friend Y/n. Y/n that's Billy, my... stepbrother." Max clenched her teeth.

"We're going to hangout in my room." Max said to him and he nodded, almost glaring at me.

When we got into her room, I jumped onto her bed, looking up at all her posters.

"I love your room." I smiled.

"Thanks." She smiled back.

We had a lot of fun until I had to go home and Mike interrogated me and called me a traitor for hanging out with the enemy but then he felt bad and made me ice cream.

Word count: 1142