Always watching the sacred ti...

By JenaGamache2004

Loki keeps having dreams about a woman he's never met before, until one day he steals the tesseract and telep... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chaper 11
Chaper 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 7

900 24 7
By JenaGamache2004

Loki's pov

"Okay y'all!" I hear Miss Minutes say, as I'm reading a magazine, with a guy on a jet-ski, I had my feet on the desk that I was working on.

Power. Performance. Quality. Was the cover of the magazine.

"Let's review what we've learned. What happens when a nexus event branches past red line?!" Miss minutes asks.

"Very bad things."

"Come on Loki, what is it?" Her southern accent is really showing now.

I sigh, looking down from the magazine to Miss Minutes "it's when the TVA can no longer reset the nexus event. k?" Looking back down at the magazine.

"Right! And that would lead to the destruction of the timeline, and the collapse of reality as we know it." Miss Minutes says.

"Can you hear me? Are you a recording or alive?" I ask, looking down from the magazine.

"Uhhh, sorta both."

"Ah." I said, scrunching up the magazine, looking around to make sure no one is watching.

I slap the magazine where she was standing, but I wasn't quick enough. She jumped to some papers lying on the desk, before I could hit her.

"Hey! Watch it, where's your manners?!" Miss Minutes says.

I smirk. I quiet enjoyed that.

I slap her again, but she's still too quick, jumping on some files. "Oh! Hey! Quit it!"

I try and slap her again, before she moves again, this time on top of the TV "that is not nice!" She said, before disappearing inside the TV screen. "Jerk!" She said, inside the TV screen so I can't get to her.

"You can't hide!" I said to her, before Mobius and Y/n come.

"Training goin well?" Mobius asks.

"Yea- Yeah!" I stuttered.

"Hey! Is that my jet-ski magazine?!" Mobius asks.

"Put it down, come on, gear up!" Y/n says, as Mobius takes it from my hands.

"There's been another attack come on let's go!" Mobius says, rushing me.

He gave me this jacket. "Put it on." Mobius says as I take it out of the plastic, and try it on.

I raise my arms. "Good. Yeah. Smart." Y/n says.

"C20 and her team went dark shortly after they jumped into the 1985 branch." B-15 said, and took a deep breath "all signs point to another ambush."

I had my hands in my pockets.

"We've grabbed enough temporal aura to know it's our Loki Variant. But which kind of Variant, remains unknown." B-15 says.

"They're the lesser kind. To be clear." I say.

"Let me see the back of that jacket." B-15 asks.

I take my hands out of my pockets and fix my jacket a little, then turn around.

Y/n laughed. "No wonder."

I turn back around ignoring Y/n "Very subtle, well done."

"I don't want anyone out there to forget what you are." B-15 says.

"Right, your only hope of capturing a murder you mean." I scoffed.

B-15 laughed. "No. A cosmic mistake."

"That's enough you two." Y/n says.

"Lovely." I furrow my brows.

"Here's the deal, when we get out on the branch, we're not just looking for a Time Criminal, we're looking for a Loki. A variation of-" Mobius points to me "this guy."

I put my hands back in my pockets.

"A type we should all be familiar with." Y/n starts.

"Because-" a projector shows up, and I see a variant of me. My skin is blue, with my Asgardian Leather on. "The TVA has pruned a lot of these guys. Almost more than any other Variant." Mobius finish's.

The projector slides, and now I see another one of me, except I have a yellow shirt on, with Loki written in green, black shorts, holding an award.

I furrow my brows, then shake my head.

"And no two are alike, might I add." Y/n says.

"Right, slight differences in appearances, or maybe not so slight." Mobius adds.

The projector slides to another me, except I look more like the Hulk, my body is green, and I'm muscular, I have gold horns on, and black pants.

"Different powers, although powers, generally include-" the projector slides to another me with a bunch of necklaces on, green shirt, and green pants, with a beard, sun-glasses, and a weird hat. "Shape-shifting, illusion-projecting, and my favorite-"

"Duplication casting." I interrupted Mobius.

They all look at me, Mobius pushes a button, and the projector of different me's are gone.

"Illusion-Projection." Mobius finishes.

"No, there two completely different powers actually."

"How?" Mobius asks.

"Illusion-projection involves depicting a detailed image from outside one's self, which is perceptible in the external world, whereas duplication-casting entails recreating an exact facsimile of one's own body in its present circumstance, which acts as a true holographic mirror of its molecular structure."

"But uh. You already knew that." I add.

"O-Okay, take a breath.... Noted." Mobius says.

"We're going to break into two teams, including myself Y/n, and professor Loki."

Y/n chuckles at the nickname.

"Why?" I ask, ignoring her.

"Because whoever this Loki is, we haven't been able to find him." Mobius says.

"So, let's bring in an expert." Y/n adds, shrugging.

"That's me." I point to myself.

"Do I get a weapon?" I ask Mobius, we split up into teams and are walking now.

"Nope." Y/n says.

"Fine, I'll have my magic back. Is no one concerned about that?"

"Of what?" Mobius asks.

"Me betraying you."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because, you know we can catch you easily, right?" Y/n says.

"Besides how's betraying us going to get you any closer to the Time-Keepers?" Mobius adds.

I stop. "An audience with the Time-Keepers is on the table?"

"Yes, I like that! Keep that focus." Mobius says.

We start walking again, then an orange portal opens, and we walk through it.

"Apex of nexus signature located, Ma'am." One of the Minute-men said, after we came to a different location from the portal.

It's so cold I can see my breath. We keep walking, my hands in my pockets. "Let me ask you this, why don't we just travel back before the attack, when the Variant first arrives?"

"Nexus events destabilize the time flow. This branch is still changing and growing, so you gotta show up in real time." Y/n says. "Seriously did you watch any of the training videos you were suppose to watch?!"

"Well, as many as I could stand. Your TVA propaganda is exhausting." I said truthfully.

"He's not wrong, they are pretty boring." Y/n says.

"What do these do?!" A Minute-Man from behind said, holding a reset charger.

"Reset chargers prune the affected radius of a branched timeline, allowing time to heal all its wounds." "Which by the way it sounds like a nice way of saying disintegrate everything in its vicinity"
I add.

"Hey, he's on it!" Y/n points to me.

"I watched the videos!" I say raising my arms "I mean, some of them." I add, as we enter a tent.

As we walk in I hear B-15 say "So he's taking hostages now?" While looking at one of the Minute-Men's helmets.

"But the variant has never taken a hostage before.." Y/n says, furrowing her eyebrows, looking confused.

"Well, maybe he's upping his game." B-15 says.

"Or he pruned her." One of the Minute-Men added.

"A Loki couldn't have gotten a jump on C-20!" B-15 says.

"I think you underestimate, actually..." I start "Fan out and search for her. And hurry up because we're at three units until red line." B-15 interrupts.

"Let's go, she's right." One of the Minute-Men says.

"Come on." Mobius says, while Y/n and him start walking away, but I stay still, not moving.

"Wait..." I say, and they turn back around to look at me. "If you leave this tent, you'll end up like them."

Mobius and Y/n walk back to me "What do you see?" Y/n asks. "I see a scheme." I pause for a moment "And in that scheme I see myself.." I raise my eyebrows.

I walk toward the Minute-Men's helmet, and sit down. "We have a saying in Asgard. Where there are wolf's ears, wolf's teeth are near.. It means to be aware of your surroundings." I stand back up "which is absurd, because my people are, by nature, gullible fools, a trait that I, the god of mischief, exploited time and time again simply by listening.." I sit back down again "My teeth were sharp, my ears, even sharper."

"We're running out of time, Mobius." B-15 says.

"Hold it. Just give him a chance."

"You remind me of them." I stand back up "The Time Variance Authority, and the gods of Asgard, one and the same. Drunk with power, blinded to the truth. Those you underestimate will devour you." I say getting closer to B-15. "You underestimate me, just as you underestimate this lesser Loki. Which is why you walk into one wolf's mouths after another."

"Two units, he's waisting our time." B-15 says.

"Okay Loki, come on, make it a long story short." Y/n says.

"We need to look for C-20!" B-15 says.

"That's exactly what the variant wants you to do! It's a trap, he's waiting for you outside this tent." I said.

"Should I secure reset the charges?" One of the Minute-Men asks.

"No he wants me. I'm the key to his plan, he knows that I'm stronger than him." I replied.

"Almost 1 unit." B-15 is getting impatient.

"And he rightly believes that together we can rightly overrule the TVA, but that's not what I want, I have a new purpose, I am a servant of the sacred timeline-" I wink "And knowing what I now know about his tactics, I can deliver you the variant." I walk over to Mobius "But I need, assurances."

"Yeah?" Mobius says.

"Assurances that I won't be completely disintegrated, the moment the job has been done." I whispered to Mobius.

"Right." He says.

"And we'll need to speak to the Time-Keepers at once, there in graver danger than we realized."

"He's lying. Just playing games, there's no one out there." Mobius says.

"Reset the Timeline." B-15 says, and one of the Minute-Men gets out there reseter to reset everything.

"You had me for a second. My ears are sharp too." Mobius says, before walking away, and I follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 2.1K 14
You happen to have powers no one else has. Every child dreams of being that powerful and there is this association that urges you to use it for the c...
9K 200 22
We start with Loki meeting Morbius, a man with a mission to catch the other variant. However, a new person joins in on the job. She has her own agend...
48.8K 1.3K 79
You, and the avengers travel back to New York 2012 to gather the stones. While in New York something goes terribly wrong.. This story takes place in...
58K 2.5K 138
Book One in the Series 18+ Readers Only. This is marked as mature and rightfully so. No one under 18. Currently uploaded at least once a week every w...