Paul Atreides

By Venus_40

One-Shots for my new favourite character, Paul Atreides. Dune is honestly one of the best (and most confusing... More

Chapters
The Baker's Daughter
Infertile
Fighting
Fighting Part 2
Gone
Soulmates
Background ~ Soulmates p2
Markings ~ Soulmates p3
Unsafe Part 1
Unsafe Part 2 (Ending One)
Unsafe Part 2 (Ending Two)
Stroke of Midnight
Toothbrush
Dearly Beloved
Angel Wings Part 2
Angel Wings Part 3
Surprised
Working Backwards
No Damn Way
Weeping Willow
Help Please
Good. Good.
Drowning For You
Seven Moments
Sacrifice
Two Years
Pictures
No, I-

Angel Wings Part 1

3.5K 63 6
By Venus_40

A/n: Heyyy, so um i recently jumped back on the Harry Potter train after low-key forgetting about how amazing it is. I then (naturally hehe) started writing George Weasley fanfics because thats my only talent, so check it out if you like Harry Potter :) thankssss enjoy

----

Children who die at a young age are given a very special role in the afterlife: they become invisible friends, assigned to other children who need them back in the living realm. 

You died when you were three weeks old from premature birth. The first memory you have was  a large figure with massive light golden wings hovering over your small body. You lifted up your arms, your hands clapping together at the sight of the warm golden light. 

'My dear child,' said a foggy voice, 'you are too young to understand now, but your death was very necessary. You are to look over someone who will need you in the future. You will look after him, help him make the right decisions.'

Your little baby face looked up in confusion.

'You will call me Coelestis.' The angel, Coelestis, said. 'You will be happy, trust me.'

Coelestis' blank face then bent down and booped you on the nose, making you giggle. 

From that moment on, you looked over your person, Paul. You could see him every day, every moment, you were like his conscious. 

One day, when Paul was sleeping, you felt a sudden jolt, you knew that feeling. It meant that Coelestis was looking for you. You squeezed your eyes shut.

'hic sum.' You muttered, which was Latin for I'm here. Suddenly, your eyes were flooded with golden white light and Coelestis' large figure loomed over you.

'My child, I have summoned you here because I have some important news for you.' They said. 'Paul is about to make some decisions, and due to this, I must send you down to love among him.'

You stared at Coelestis in disbelief. You'd never heard of something like this to happen before.

'You shall walk beside him, and look after him. Not like you do now, but psychically protect him.' Coelestis explained.

'How?' You asked, too dumbfounded to say anything else. 

'You will walk on Arrakis as a Fremen, they would all think you are an orphan, with no friends or family, but they will know you. You would be able to see me and hear me, but nobody else can. However, when you talk to me, they will hear, so you must be cautious.' Coelestis said.

Your head spun with the news, making your stomach feel fuzzy. You'd always dreamed about meeting Paul, but it was always after he died, you didn't think that there was any way that he could've been with you at that time. 

Devan went on about the rules. Each one you'd expected, obey Coelestis, whatever they say you must do, constant communication is key, you cannot show your true form, and never, under any circumstances grow emotionally attached to a being. 

'Why?' You asked when that rule came along.

'Because it is very dangerous for you.' Coelestis explained. 'Your mind won't be as clear and strong-willed.'

'What's the punishment if I break the rules.' You asked.

Coelestis' face remained calm, their golden eyes focused on yours, their lips softly opened and in a soothing yet strong voice spoke. 'You would be banished from the afterlife.'

-

The first thing you realised is how hot you were. Arrakis was hotter than you'd thought, which was foolish seeing as it was a desert. You looked down at your body, instead of having the never-ending glow around pure white robes from the afterlife, you wore a grey stillsuit. 

You moved your fingers, slowly turning your arms around. You then pinched yourself hard, you hissed at the pain that shot through your arm, but smiled. In the afterlife, there was no pain or suffering, so you smiled at this new change.

You then looked up to see your surroundings, you'd remembered the task. You were to keep Paul safe. You recognised where you were, in a rock formation where the rest of the Fremen were hiding. You spotted Paul and Jessica sigh as they stood at the base of the rocks. They must've just been chased by the SandWorm.

'No not run.'  You recognised the voice to be the leader, Stilgar, as the words rang out through the rocks. 'You will only waste your bodies water.' 

You remembered how scarce water was, and the value it held. Lucky for you, you were still an Angel in a Fremen's body, and didn't need many Fremen resources to survive. 

That's when you spotted a Fremen jump out, ready to attack and kill Paul. Your first instinct was to race out and stop him.

'Remember, Y/n, I will help.' You heard Coelestis' voice. 

'Hold.' Stilgar commanded. He slowly crouched and examined Paul and Jessica. 

'Stilgar.' Said the boy. His voice definitely matched his face, sweet and handsome. 'Hey, you know me. I was there when you came to my father's council.'

'Ah,' Stilgar pulled down his cloth headpiece, 'this is the Duke's son.'

A few annoyed people called out that they needed water, to kill Paul and Jessica. That's when you slipped out.

'He is the One. We cannot lay a hand on him.' Your heart beat loudly in your throat. You knew full well they were aware you existed, only as Y/n the orphan Fremen, not Y/n the Angel.

People questioned you, asking if he was the Lisan al-Gaib, or if he had proven himself.

'Listen to her, Y/n is right.' Stilgar said. You sighed in relief.

'They're weaklings.' Someone called out.

'We have powerful friends.' Said the woman. Her voice matched the boys, sugary and sweet yet demanding. 'You help us off world, to Caladan, you will be well reworded.'

'What wealth can you offer beyond the water in your flesh.' Stilgar said.

You weren't sure what they needed besides water, so to hear what Jessica had to say was important. 

As they spoke, you kept glancing at Paul. For a while, he wasn't paying any attention to you, however, at one moment, he was looking right at you, right at your Fremen-blue eyes.

You weren't paying attention as the commotion folded out in front of you, until you heard a shuffling of feet, and Jessica was fighting someone. Before you knew it, Paul was up beside you, holding a maula pistol to your throat.

You groaned and yanked it out of his hands. 'You have no idea how to use this thing.' You mumbled to him, shaking your head. 

'She'll cut my throat.' Stilgars' voice was calm as Jessica held her blade to his throat. 'Why didn't you say you were a weirding woman and a fighter.'

'That conversation ran short.' She replied, making you smirk.

'Peace, woman, peace, I just misjudged.' Stilgar grunted. She let him go.

Coelestis must've felt like they didn't need you anymore, so the world around you grew blurry as time passed. Soon, it was night time again and everyone was up and ready to travel to the nearest Seitch.

'Y/n?' A fremen, Chani said.

'Mmm?' You played off the weird feeling.

'We're leaving.'

'Right.' You nodded.

As you walked, you glanced at Paul, who was a few steps behind you. You decided to slow down until you were next to him.

'I'm Y/n.' You said.

'Paul.' He said.

'I know. Pretty hard to miss.' 

'I guess so.' Paul muttered. 

You both stood in silence for a long time before Paul spoke up again.

'Have I seen you before?' He asked.

'I don't think so.' You panicked as Paul watched you.

'No, I think I have. I've heard your voice before.' Paul looked at you, curiously. 

That's when you noticed how soft his eyes were, how the chocolate brown melted into his dark pupils.

No, don't think about that. You lectured yourself.

'No. You haven't. You shook your head. 'You defiantly have never seen me before.' 

'I swear...' He trailed off. 'Alright.' He nodded. 'I haven't.'

~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed! Feel free to tell me what you think, suggest a one-shot idea and follow for more like this! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 2.4K 57
(n.) - two people meant to be together; destiny ↳ ❝ [ Yuanfen ] ❞ ━ paul atrei...
30.5K 1.3K 16
"Femi," Heated lips whispered my name as hot arms enclosed around me. "Burn with me." It was a command I couldn't disobey. Not like I had a choice, b...
12.1K 252 5
Irulan Corrino always knew she'd marry for political reasons, not for affection. She didn't know she'd fall in love with Paul Atreides, but she did...
73.9K 2.8K 17
Kala Wukar. She who walks the desert. She who is one with the sand. She who is one with Arrakis. The girl who he dreamed of long before she came to...