Stroke of Midnight

A/n: Hey guyss, Im backkkk! Damn its been a good WHILE since I've posted! Well, I hope you guys enjoy this one-shot! Im going to start making most of them shorter than before bc its easier on me. Please remember to vote if you like it, and give me a follow for more content (not me feeling like a YouTuber rn ughhh)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your dreams were often filled with the face of Paul. He'd always managed to slip into your dreams at night. Not that you protested, you loved it. He was your everything.

This night was no different, sleeping peacefully as you waited for the next day to roll around and you could see Paul in real life again. 

However, your sleep was suddenly disturbed by Paul shaking you awake.

'Shut up.'  You mumbled as you rolled over.

'Wake up, Y/n, wake up.' Paul whispered as he brushed the hair away from your face. 'I want to show you something.' 

You groaned and sat up in bed. You stared, dead-eyed, at the boy you so loved. 

'No.' You dead panned him.

'Come on, Y/n. It's really cool.' He smiled. 'Plus, I got cookies.' He held up a bag of gooey cookies, the ones you loved the most.

You stared at the cookies, then at Paul's pleading face.

'I hate you for this.' You tossed your sheets aside and slipped on some fuzzy socks and slippers before following him out of your room. Paul grabbed your hand and pulled you down the hallway and up to the roof of the palace.

The stars were beautiful that night, brighter than normal, and the moon... oh the moon. It was blood red and enormous. It sat at the perfect angle in the sky.

You looked at Paul's face, eliminated by the red moon. His soft eyes had a tint of pink.

'It's beautiful.' You said, looking back at the sky.

'It is.' Paul whispered. He was now looking at you. He found you stunning, every part of your face was like a painting to him. 'Y/n?'

'yeah?' You looked at Paul.

'How do you see yourself in ten years?' Paul asked.

'What?' You chuckled. The question popped up out of nowhere.

'Like, do you see yourself as a wife, girlfriend, single... dead?' Paul joked.

'I don't know.' You shrugged. You'd dreamed of Paul being your boyfriend, possibly husband one day, but you'd never told him that. You'd dreamed of him being the father of your children, the grandfather of your grandchildren, but you never told him. 'I see myself in a relationship, maybe married?'

'Children?' Paul asked.

'Maybe? Why do you ask?' You sat down. 

Paul sat down next to you. 'I was just wondering.'

The truth was, he wanted to know if he stood a chance with you, whether he could ask you out and you would say yes.

'Do you see yourself with a specific person?' Paul asked.

'Honestly,' You watched his eyes flicker from one of your eyes to the other, 'yeah.'

Paul's heart sunk. 'Who?'

Now was your chance. Now was your chance to tell him that you liked him, that you loved him, that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with him. 

'I don't know-'

'You just said someone specific.' Paul fake laughed.

'-You.' You finished.

Paul's heart stopped. He had assumed that whoever you liked, it wasn't him. He thought that you were way out of his league, Marchioness Y/n. Even though he was a Duke, which was slightly higher up the social pecking order, you always seemed superior. 

Just your personality would send his worst day into a field of daisies. The sound of your voice calmed him imminently.

'Me?' He whispered.

'Foolish.' You slapped your forehead. 'Never mind I said that. It was foolish of me to say that.' You stood up.

'No, wait-' Paul stood up behind you.

'You're a duke, above me. You're out of my league.' You went on.

'-Y/n no-'

'I shouldn't like you, it's wrong.' You mumbled to yourself as you fast walked to the exit.

Paul grabbed your wrist and spun you towards him.

'What?' You snapped.

Paul then kissed you. Your lips met in a heated flame. A long awaited moment for the both of you.

'I like you too.' Paul said against your lips.

'Really?' You asked.

'Would I have kissed you if I didn't?'

'If you were a bitch, yeah.'

'Am I a bitch?' 

'No.' You smiled and kissed him one more time.

'I like you, Marchioness Y/n Y/l/n.' Paul said as you separated.

'I like you too, Duke Paul Atreides.' 

~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed! Feel free to tell me what you think, suggest a one-shot idea and follow for more like this! <3