Angel Wings Part 2

A/n: Heyyy, so um i recently jumped back on the Harry Potter train after low-key forgetting about how amazing it is. I then (naturally hehe) started writing George Weasley fanfics because thats my only talent, so check it out if you like Harry Potter :) thankssss enjoy

----

It had been two months since you were commissioned to be on Arrakis with Paul. You saw him every day. Pretending to be a Fremen was nowhere near as hard as pretending to not know Paul.

You seemed to get along with him, you talked a lot, you pretended to like the same things he did, and guess his favourite things when you already knew them. One day, Paul had said how much he felt like he knew you, how he felt connected to you. It made your heart fly. 

However, when he got close to you, you backed off. You could hear Coelestis' voice ringing in your head, do not grow affectionate for Paul over and over until the thought buried itself deep inside you.

You sat outside at dusk, sharpening your crysknife when you heard footsteps behind you.

'Hi.' You heard Paul say. You looked up to see him with a shy smile spread across his face. 'Can I sit?'

'Sure.' You gestured to the spot beside you.

'Thanks.' Paul said as he said down. 'So... how's your day been?'

'It's been fine. How was yours?' You asked, continuing to shave off a delicate point to your blade.

'It was good. I helped bake these cookies.' Paul held out a cookie towards you. 

You put down your blade and picked up the cookie with mock scepticism. 'You didn't poison it, right?'

Paul gasped overdramatically. 'How dare you imply that?' He laughed. 

You took a bite from the cookie, and let the flavour flood your mouth.

'That's really good!' You said with your mouth still full.

'Thanks.' Paul looked out over the sunset. 'The sunset's pretty.' He mumbled.

'Mmhm.' You were too focused on your cookie.

'Y/n, can I ask you something?' He turned to you.

'Sure.' You swallowed.

'Ok, um,' Paul clearly didn't know where to start, 'what should I do if I like someone, like really really like someone, like in love with someone, but I'm not sure if she likes me back.'

You didn't expect this. It kind of hurt you, for some reason, even though you'd known Paul his whole life, you didn't think he was the type to have feelings for someone. 

'Honestly? I'm not sure.' You shrug. You hadn't the foggiest about romance or anything, you were raised to just protect Paul. 'Do you think she might like you?'

'I get mixed signals. One moment she seems to be really into me, but as soon as I think we're getting anywhere, she becomes cold and isolated.' Paul looked at you with sad eyes.

You internally cried out. You realised at this moment, that Paul was talking about you.

'Paul..' You whispered.

'I really want to kiss her right now.' Paul said, turning to face you.

'Paul...' You sighed and tried to get up. Paul grabbed your hand.

'Please don't leave, don't run.' Paul gently pulled you back down. 'Why do you run?'

'You don't understand, you'll never understand, Paul.' You shook your head, pulling out of his grip.

'I can try to. Please try to explain it to me.' Paul said.

'No amount of explaining will make you understand.' You replied.

Paul looked at you for a moment. He then leaned forward and pressed his lips to yours. Your eyes flew open, and almost fluttered shut before you realised what was going on. Paul was kissing you. And you were kissing him back.

You rapidly pulled away from him and jumped up.

'No, no, no, no!' You mumbled to yourself, wiping off your lips.

'What's wrong?' Paul jumped up after you.

'I'm not supposed to kiss you, I can't kiss you!' You said more to yourself than him.

'Why not?'

'Because I can't!' You snapped at him.

'Y/n, please tell me! I'll stop bothering you, I'll leave you alone if you just tell me what's wrong.' Paul begged, reaching out to hold your hand again.

'Because Coelestis will punish me if I do!' You shouted. 'Because a Guardian is not supposed to fall in love with their Guarded. If they do then they're banished to the Realm of Dilecta. I will be in isolation until my last solstice! I'll die alone!'

'Coelestis? Realm of Dilecta? Last solstice?' Paul frowned. You smacked your hand over your mouth. You weren't supposed to say their name out loud. 'Who's Coelestis? What's the Realm of Dilecta? What do you mean, last solstice?'

'Nobody, nothing. Leave me alone.' You spun around to go.

'But Y/n, I love you!' Paul shouted.

Just as you tried to go, you walked into a warm golden-white glow of sun, and into Coelestis chambers.

Coelestis sat regal on top of their seat, disappointment in the air around them.

'Oh, Y/n. I believed in you.' They said, voice both harsh and soft.

'I'm so sorry.' You whimpered. 'I'm so, so sorry.' 

'I know you are, but you know the rules.' Coelestis spoke. Their hands rose and they called out some unknown words to you. 

Suddenly, your limbs felt like they were being removed then reattached to your body, then felt like you were being flung straight down, your body pressing hard against some hard surface until you were sure your lungs would burst from pressure. A blood-curdling scream ripped from somewhere inside you, making your own eardrums feel like they were about to burst from the sheer pressure and volume of the scream.

Then it stopped. It all stopped. The pain, the pressure, the screams, it all stopped. 

You lay on a dusty ground. It had cracks all through it, and the bright sun sizzled above. There were no clouds in the sky, and nothing but dead trees in the distance. It stretched on for miles in all directions.

'The Realm of Dilecta.' You muttered under your breath. You then cried. You cried for a long time. How could you have let yourself fall in love with Paul? How could you have been so foolish and disobey one of Coelestis' first rules?

You would forever hate yourself for this.

~~~

Paul found himself standing on a roof at dusk. His hand was stretched out as though he was grabbing something, and his eyes burned as though he'd just looked into the sun.

Why was he there? He couldn't remember. Was he looking for something? Clearly he hadn't found it. 

Shrugging, Paul walked back down to the Sietch. Having no recollection of a Guardian named Y/n.

~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed! Feel free to tell me what you think, suggest a one-shot idea and follow for more like this! <3