The Epic : In a different sit...

By Dr_Aim4

The epic Mahabharata thought in a different way... What if Karna and Pandavas got reunited? What if Draupadi... More

Acknowledgement
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The Truth
Part 2 : The Search
Part 3 : Known to younger clan
Part 4 : The unwelcomed welcome in Hastinapur
Part 6 : The Unfortunate Encounter
Part 7 : The Battle Of Truth
Part 8 : A Day With The Brothers
Part 9 : Love from the parents
Part 10 : Family Reunion
Part 11 : The Celestial Bond Of Friendship
Part 12 : Blooming Love
Part 13 : The Ceremony
Part 14 : The Impact Of War On Minds & Hearts
Part 15 : The War
Part 16 : Auspicious Occasion
Part 17 : The Danger Ahead
Part 18 : The Suspicion
Part 19 : The Danger Of the Forest
Part 20 : The Unparalleled Love
Part 21 : The Realisation And Proposal Of Love
Part 22 : The Unison Of The Lovers
Part 23 : The Anger
Part 24 : The Swayamvar
Part 25 : The Worst Politics
Part 26 : The Choice And The Decision
Part 27 : The Division Of the Kingdom
Part 28 : The Meet With Duryodhan
Part 29 : The Winner
Part 30 : Marriage Plans
Part 31 : The Impending Danger
Part 32 : The War For Survival
Part 33 : Teased By Family
Part 34 : Pre-marriage Vibes
Part - 35 : Clearing Of Doubts
Part 36 - Entrance Of Narada
Part - 37 : Continuation Of Flashback
Part 38 : Thoughts
Part 39 : Confrontation
Part 40 : Plans For Fight
Part 41 : Emotional Battle
Part 42 : Planning Of War
Part 43 : Useless Banter Of Brothers 🤭
Part 44 : Mother-Son Convo
Part 45 : The Bonds
Sorry
Part 46 : Good News
Part 47 : The Fight
Part 48 : Naughty Childhood Of Krishna
Part 49 : Birth Of Krishna
Part 50 : Killing The Demons (Part 1)
Cover
Part 51 : Killing Of Demons (Part 2)
Part 52 : Krishna's Marriage
Announcement Of Marriage

Part 5 : The Meet with Brothers

3.2K 123 14
By Dr_Aim4

As Dronacharya had agreed to make them his students, Arjun was delighted to impress his Guru... He wanted Dronacharya to be proud of him... And for that he needed to practice more so that his teacher get impressed with his skills... He wanted to be a great warrior like his Pitamaha Bhishma... And his Pitamaha said that Practice makes a man perfect.. If he would practice, he would be perfect one day like his Pitamaha for sure...

He wanted his family to be proud of him and for that he needed to practice... Though the garden inside the Palace campus had enough place for that little kid to practice but he knew that there would be distractions too... Duryodhan and his brothers may disturb him and for that reason he went to the shores of Ganga to practice... The peace that he wanted was there and he started to practice archery...

Arjun was a little kid and though he knew how to release arrows, he didn't knew how to get perfect in attacking a target...

As he practiced, his arrows went far away from the target he had set unable to prick it...

A young man who was seeing all this was amused seeing the dedication that the little kid had and though he failed everytime he endlessly released arrows hoping that one would prick the target...

The young man who saw all this was impressed with the kid thought of helping him out with it... Though he knew that the kid standing a few distance away from him was a Prince and he of lower caste, he felt he should teach him how to shoot perfectly as the kid's determination made him proud...

As he went towards the kid, Arjun who acknowledged someone's presence behind him was fear-stricken thinking he would get scolded for coming there...

The young man calmly made him understand the ways of shooting arrows and how to shoot a target perfectly... As Arjun was taking position to attack the target, and with the young man helping him with it, he shot an arrow perfectly for the very first time... Though he knew he was helped in achieving this but he was more than happy to learn something...

As soon as the target was down, Arjun jumped excitedly and thanked the young man for teaching him the methods of shooting... The young man who knew the laws of society forbade him to bend down before him as he was of lower caste but the prince had already addressed him as his Elder brother and expressed his wish of learning few methods of shooting from him... As Arjun was a kid, the young man didn't pay heed to the fact that he called him as his elder btother...

Arjun introduced him as the third son of Pandu and the prince of Hastinapur and the young man said he was Karna, belonging to lower caste...

Arjun didn't mind him belonging to lower caste as Karna had feared and as Arjun accepted him as he was Karna was very happy... As the walls of his caste were down, Karna freely talked with him regarding archery and the skills required to become a perfect archer...

Kid Arjun was very impressed with the knowledge of Karna and was happy knowing that Karna would teach him few skills of archery before they went to Ashram for their course...

As Arjun asked for his help, Karna readily agreed to help him gather knowledge about archery... Arjun promised him that he would come to the shores of Ganga every morning to meet him and learn few things from him...

Karna agreed to help him out... As Arjun addressed him as his elder brother, a proud feeling passed through both of them... Karna was proud of his younger brother as the determination and dedication he had for archery was the same he had when he was a kid too and he was more than happy to help Arjun accomplish his goal while Arjun was proud of the person Karna was... The knowledge in him regarding archery impressed him and he wanted to learn everything from him...

With this meeting, they both felt a kind of strong connection between both of them... Karna felt responsible towards Arjun while Arjun had the feeling of obeying all his orders and listening to them...

As days passed, the bond between Karna and Arjun grew stronger and when finally the day came when they had to go to the Ashram, Arjun requested Karna to join them too as he would love his company there too...

What about other brothers?

Bheem, who was poisoned by Duryodhan, was thrown in the Ganga... And as the poison started showing its effect, Bheem couldn't come back from the Ganga... He got drowned in the river... As the snakes in the underground bit him endlessly, the effect of poison got countered and he revived from the feat...

As soon as he got his senses, he fought back with the snakes thus inviting an angry Nagraj Vasuki...

Nagraj Vasuki who saw Bheem fighting with hus subjects was very angry but when he saw him, he remembered that he was his grandson... So forgiving him he asked him what he was doing there... As bheem started narrating the incidents, Nagraj understood that he wasn't at fault and what he did was to save himself from their bites... As Vasuki came to know about the poisoning, he advised Bheem to take up a liquid which would make poison ineffective in his body...

As Bheem took up the liquid, he felt better... Nagraj Vasuki blessed him with the words that he would have the power of 10,000 elephants...

Bheem being the grandson of Vasuki got royal treatment in his Kingdom before leaving the palace for Hastinapur...

As Bheem came up and was floating on the waters of Ganga, Karna who went there for Surya Pranam saw him... He thought that the prince was dead as he was unconscious and was floating and jumped to rescue him... But as soon as Karna lifted his heavy body up and came up to the shore, Bheem opened his eyes... He was astonished on finding himself on air but when he saw someone carrying him, he was much more surprised... He knew he was very heavy and carrying him up was an impossible task... He was impressed with the power the young man possessed and indulged himself in a talk with him to know more about him...

He was older than Arjun and knew about the caste discrimination but he never felt it important when Karna impressed him with his talks and his nature... He was of the belief that a person should be regarded based on his works and not by birth...

As they both talked for few more times, Bheem suddenly felt hunger booming in his stomach... He asked Karna if he could give him food as he was too hungry... Karna whose house was few walks away, invited him to his small place to feed him up...

Bheem, who knew that none could fill his empty stomach apart from his mother whose one love filled Laddoo would do the magic, was surprised when he saw that after taking few bites of Laddoo from Karna's hands, his empty stomach git fulfilled... He felt a connection between them and regarded him as his elder brother...

As Karna led him towards his Kingdom, both were happy... They promised to meet each other and Bheem insisted that they meet in the shore of Ganga on afternoons... Karna agreed... Bheem also proposed wrestling match too as he couldn't find anyone capable to defend him in that in his Kingdom but after meeting him, he wanted to fight with him and learn techniques to defend a wrestler too...

In the same way, Nakul and Sahadev met him in the jungle where they had went to search for a medicinal herb about which they needed to know about...

As they entered into the jungle, they felt that they got lost in the huge jungle searching for the herb and as they were in the position of crying, they saw a young man walking towards them... He was surprised seeing two kids in the jungle and was thinking about his meet with the two brothers too which didn't seem like coincidence... He looked for signs to understand what was in God's minds when he saw both of them lurking around... He helped them out of the jungle and made them reach safely into their kingdom premises not before making them eat something as they felt hungry after constant crying and walking...

After this the two kids got attached with him and went to play with him...

Now Karna got a doubt... He got to meet the 4 of them every day and though he like their company but he was aldo conscious regarding his economic state which didn't allow him to feed them good foods... He felt bad but he also felt that this meetings weren't mere coincidence... They were his destiny and God had plans for him...

As per God's wishes, one day Yudhishtir too came up on the shore of Ganga thinking about the rude behavior of Duryodhan just some time before... He never wanted to take over the Kingdom, but just some love from his relatives... But seemed like that wasn't in his life...

He was tired of being responsible everytime and as his brothers had his shoulder to cry on whenever they needed or him to complain whenever they faced any problem, he lacked it... He couldn't share his worries and sorrows with his mother as she would get worried and tensed for him but he needed someone to tell things over... Someone who wouldn't judge him...

And as per God's wish Karna who had few works, happened to pass from there... As he saw the young prince thinking something deeply with tears in his eyes, he thought of listening to the worries and complaints of the young prince...

Though Yudhisthir hesitated at first but then he too let out his guards and shared all his problems and worries with him...

Yudhisthir who was in search of a shoulder got it through Karna who was responsible and who could suggest him better ways of handling the situation...

Though Karna knew that all the 5 brothers used to meet him everyday, the 5 brothers were unknown to the fact that the other brothers used to meet him too...

And as the days for their going away was nearing, they used to enjoy each other's presence more and more... And finally when the day had come near, the brothers unknown to the others had offered Karna to join them to their Ashram... And Karna who too was used to caring for them and being responsible towards them, agreed to their proposal... As Yudhisthir used to complain to him regarding the behavior of Duryodhan and his brothers, Karna felt it necessary for him to go to the Ashram and keep an eye on them... He didn't want Duryodhan to succeed in making their life more miserable...

Let's see what happens when they enter the premises of Ashram and when the brothers get to know about the others meeting Karna... Would Dronacharya agree to give his teachings to Karna? Tune in to the story to know more...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 305 15
Mahabharat is my favorite story and I believe that every character has something unique to offer. I often see people comparing Karna and Arjun and I...
278K 10.5K 46
One word - Just One word could have changed the fate of the whole Mahabharat War! Let's see how Highest Ranking: #1 in Mahabharat #1 in Karna NOTE :...
166K 9.9K 51
This is the story of two assassins, who travel back in time to the era of the Mahabharata..... ----------- Dishita and Aditya, two master assassins...
35.6K 1.4K 14
A Karna-Arjun what-if story. What could have been, if before the war, Kunti let her sons know about the King of Anga's true birth? Conflicted with th...