Seven

By elletriestowrite

When Lily's university financial scholarship is revoked she explores a new avenue for income. A mutual frien... More

Info / Characters
Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94 (Bonus Chapter)

Chapter 79

1.1K 45 12
By elletriestowrite

LILIANNA'S POV

My Uber pulls up to the location of the tavern Mesha sent me to meet her at. From the street I can't see any tavern, but the driver assures me where at the right place.

I spot the address painted to the side of a red brick wall of an older looking building, the numbers match the address in Mesha's text. The store front looks abandoned and empty but a dim yellow light illuminates a concrete stairwell down the side of the building. I hug my coat tighter to me and take the steps down the alleyway-like stairs. The smell of cigarette smoke hits me immediately and I'm greeted by a tall man at the entrance. A cigarette hangs from his mouth and moves with his lips as he asks me,

"You got ID on you?" His voice is gravelled from years of smoking.

"Yes of course." I reach into my bag but the guy begins to laugh.

"I'm just kidding, in you go." He pulls the door open for me and the brighter lights of inside the tavern welcomes me inside.

There's a haze about the room from the various cigarettes being smoked inside. I make a mental note to soak my clothes for the smell and wonder why Mesha has asked to meet at a place like this. A huge sign, made to look like the same destination signs at the train station, hangs above the bar reading Jet Street Tavern. It's an odd name considering the street we're on is not called Jet Street.

A stags head is mounted on the far wall, overlooking the couple pool tables near the back of the place. A colourful jute box in the corner blasts an old rock tune I don't recognise but an older couple bob along to it together on the cleared flooring space by the pool tables. I slip my coat off and immediately worry that I seem slightly overdressed for the place. My black dress gives off the illusion of modesty with its long arms but the tight fit and shoulderless cut its subtly sexy. There are few patrons in the bar making it easy to spot Mesha in her elegant white crop shirt and stone wash jeans, and I feel a little less uncomfortable seeing she too stands out in this place with her outfit choice.

Although this isn't my usual scene I feel oddly relaxed here in the basement bar. When Mesha spots me making my way over to the table she sits at she stands from her tall chair waiting somewhat awkwardly for my approach.

"Hey." She greets me with a smile which I return.

"Hi." I take the seat opposite her at the small table.

"Did you want a drink? They do a good cosmopolitan." Mesha suggests and I look at her finished cocktail glass and nod. She motions to the man behind the bar, gaining his attention quickly and gestures to her empty glass, asking for two more. He nods and begins making our drinks.

"This place is..." I'm not quite sure how to describe it.

"It's rough round the edges but I kind of like it." Mesha agrees with a shrug, knowing exactly what I mean without me even needing to say the words.

"Curby and I use to meet up here all the time when we first got together. It's quiet and discreet. And the people here do nothing but keep to themselves and drink so it was kinda the perfect place. No one could catch us." She explains and I nod. I remember what that was like - figuring out public places that could be private enough for an heir of a gang to purlieu safely. Although sneaking around with Seven was slightly thrilling when we were together.

The barmen brings over our drinks and we both take a moment to take a sip. We're both quiet, waiting for the right time to bring up why we've met here. After a few beats of awkward silence Mesha and I both blurt out at the same time;

"I'm so sorry!" We say in unison before stopping to share a small giggle.

"No seriously I'm so sorry Lily I should have told you about Curby and Seven and all of it." Mesha reaches over the table for my hand.

"No, no I'm the one who should be sorry. I shouldn't of reacted like I did. I know you were trying to look out for me. I was angry at Seven mostly but I shouldn't have taken that out on you." I grip her hand in earnest, hoping she forgives me.

"I should have told you about Curby and I. I was going to, I just never knew when the right time was." Her brows pull together in apology and I nod understanding where she was coming from.

"No I totally understand. I was... Well I guess I still am kinda messed up over Seven." I explain and she nods.

"So... Do you forgive me for not telling you?" Mesha asks somewhat timidly.

"Yes, of course! Of course." I repeat so she understands and am rewarded with her bright smile.

"Oh thank fuck that's over. I've been shitting myself that you'll hold a grudge." Mesha jokes as we pick up our glasses once again. I laugh at her comment and also feel relaxed now that we've cleared the air.

"Here's to never letting men come between us again - no matter how fit they are." Mesha toasts and I raise my glass to meet hers.

"Agreed." We cheers and take a shared drinks.

"Speaking of men..." Mesha begins and I take another swig of my drink in anticipation of her grilling.

"Have you seen him yet?" She asks. She doesn't even need to say his name for me to know who she's talking about.

I nod over my glass and take another drink.

"So..." Mesha questions. I sit my drink down and lick the sweet alcohol from my lips.

"Well," I sigh and fold my arms, "We talked, a lot." I don't know how much I should tell Mesha. I know she's with Curby but I don't know how much she has told her about everything.

"So he told you about Victor and your parents?" Mesha asks boldly and I choke on air. So I guess Curby has told her everything.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to just say it like that." Mesha apologies quickly.

"No it's okay, I just- I didn't know you knew about all that." I explain and take another drink.

"I hope that's okay? Curby told me everything. He thought I might be able to help in some way - to just be here for you as your friend." She says and I'm warmed by the attempt to make sure I'm okay given the circumstances.

"I don't know how I'd feel about my boyfriend's uncle murdering my parents. Well I guess I'd be livered." Mesha continues and her blasé attitude to the whole thing actually makes me laugh a little. Everything has been so serious and confronting it's nice to hear it simplified with little humour.

"Seven isn't my boyfriend Mesh." I remind her.

"Girl you mourned his absence more then I've ever mourned a legitimate relationship. He was your boyfriend. In all the ways that count anyway." Mesha concludes with a finality on the subject, her arched brow daring me to argue with her. I don't. Instead I take another drink.

When our third glass is finished and Mesha is waving at the bartender, signalling for our fourth drink I start to feel slightly tipsy. Every word spoken between us holds a drunk humour we wouldn't usually find when sober. We've become a couple of giggling, gossiping gals but I welcome the easy banter and laid back atmosphere with open arms. I need this, I need a normal night catching up with a girlfriend over some drinks. My life has been far from normal and Mesha knows that, so I return her mischievous smile and nod in encouragement as she yells out for our fourth round.

We talk about school; the assignments we're working on, lecturers we despise and the dodgy tiled staircase outside the commerce building that's claimed five victims with the winter weather so far. The conversation flows to Tiffany and Alec and I end up telling Mesha about the other night with Seven at the bar and how he had attacked Alec.

"I'm genuinely guttered I missed that. I've been dying to see someone knock his post down a peg. Like sure, the guys tall and handsome but it gives him no right to treats girls like he has." Mesha frowns at her drink and I nod in agreement. Although Seven shouldn't of attacked Alec, I also don't like how Alec treated Tiffany and then tried to lie about what went down between him and I.

"I just hope Alec isn't going to be annoyed at me when I next see him." I admit.

"Why? It's not like you hit him. Besides he's dumber then we thought if he thinks he can even talk to you now that Seven is back in town." She muses and I roll my eyes at how ridiculous that sounds.

"Oh come on, Seven is definitely the jealous type." Mesha hits the nail on the head. Seven most definitely is the jealous type.

"Don't worry, so is Curby. It's hot." She bites her bottom lip and when I raise my brows for an explanation she continues talking.

"I mean don't get me wrong, it's totally unnecessary because I barely even notice other guys now, but I kinda like the way he gets all protective over me. I don't know how to explain it but it turns me on." Mesha giggles with her admission and I do too. I don't know if Seven's jealousy is a turn on, but it definitely would give me a confidence boost in the weirdest way when he would act that way. I guess I can see where Mesha is coming from.

"How does that work then with your work? Like does he not get jealous of clients? Seven use to attack guys at the club for touching me." Although I never found it funny back then I laugh when I tell Mesha of how Seven's jealousy got in the way of work sometimes. Mesha laughs too before shrugging.

"He comes along sometimes and just sits in a booth watching me eat dinner with some old guy. He's never said anything because he's always known what I do. But I definitely don't take as many jobs as I use to. He would never say it or ask me to quit but I know deep down it bothers him." Mesha's brown eyes cast to the table as she speaks. I get the feeling it's a subject she tries not to dwell on often since being with Curby.

"Do you think you ever will? Quit I mean?"

"One day." She shrugs and looks back up at me. "Truthfully I've been thinking about quitting escorting a lot more recently." Her expensively manicured nails tap rhythmically against her glass and I decide to drop the escort conversation. I can see it's something she's spent some time in deliberation with.

"So are you and Curby like offical then?" I change the subject.

"We haven't really got to that point yet. But neither of us are rushing to define what we are. We get along, the sex is amazing, I'm content with that for now." Mesha smiles fondly, clearly thinking of Curby.

"What about you and Seven? Are you going to get back with him?" She asks.

"I don't know." I bite the inside of my cheek as I try figure out my answer.

"I want him in my life, but I'm scared of being hurt again." I admit freely.

"I don't think he'll run away again. He looked like he had an even worse time coping without you then you did." She takes a swig of her drink.

"I've never seen him like that before. He was a mess." Mesha's words are stringing together quickly and I can tell she's getting tipsy. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the change in Seven from his absences, though he did look better today after his sleep at my house.

"So you don't think you'll fuck him again?" Mesha asks boldly and I choke on my drink.

"Mesha!" I whisper and look around as if anyone in the tavern would've cared to overhear our conversation. With a quick scan it's obvious no one is paying any attention to us and I look back to my tipsy friend.

"What?" She giggles and I shake my head at her biting my own laugh.

"Well for your sake I hope you do. There's something kind of empowering as a woman having a millionaire go down on you." Mesha announces and I clasp a hand over my mouth shocked at her words.

"I mean, I know Curby isn't a millionaire but Seven definitely is and I bet that makes it feel better some how." She smirks at my glowing cheeks, a half second of silence passing between us before we both burst out laughing at her drunk analogy.

"Well, to be honest I don't know what's going to happen between us. I'm not expecting too much of the whole thing." The words fall easily from my mouth without me even needing to think them. The alcohol is definitely well and truly in my bloodstream.

"I totally get that. Just take it day by-" Mesha cuts herself off as her brown eyes focus on something behind me.

"Cubby bear!" Mesha's face lights up in a way I've never seen before and she stands up from her chair. I turn to see Curby, dressed in his usual navy suit, enter the tavern. His blue eyes find Mesha immediately and he smiles. As odd as it was to comprehend them as a couple I'm warmed at their reactions to each other, they seem to really like one another.

When my eyes catch the mop of brown curls following behind Curby, my heart leaps to my throat and I whip my head back to Mesha, hoping the alcohol is simply playing tricks on me. But when Mesha's eyes slightly widen at Curby's company I know this is no trick.

"I had no idea he was bringing him! I'm sorry Lil." Mesha apologises quickly in a whisper.

"No it's fine." I assure her even though I'm slightly freaking out on the inside. I don't even know why. Perhaps it's because we're in this weird in between space of not hating each other but not together. We bathed naked together this morning, he slept in my bed and yet my heart is thudding in nervousness to see him. I don't understand why I tend to react this way around Seven.

"Are you sure?" Mesha eyes the pink spreading to my cheeks once again and I nod, untucking my hair from behind my ear to fall in my face in an attempt to cover them. I know my ears are just as red as my cheeks - the alcohol doesn't help with my flushed complexion.

"Ladies." Curby greets us both as he approaches the table. I give him a polite smile but don't allow myself to look at Seven who stands just to the side of Curby.

"Gentlemen, you've arrived at the perfect time!" Mesha smiles at them both.

"We're in need of a top up!" She dangles her newly empty glass in Curby's face.

"How many have you already had?" He asks, with no trace of judgment in his voice, in fact I think he finds Mesha's clear tipsy attitude humorous.

"Not enough." Mesha pokes her tongue out childishly and Curby chuckles.

"Righto, looks like I'm getting this round then. A dry for you?" He asks Seven who just nods.

"Are you gonna help me carry the drinks?" Curby leans closer to Mesha as he talks to her, his lips held in an upturned smirk. She too can't seem to stop smiling at him as she nods, scooting out from the table to follow Curby to the bar. Leaving Seven and myself alone together.

Seven pulls out a chair and sits down. I don't want this to be awkward and the half second of silence is already eating at me so I force myself to speak first.

"Well they seem happy." I comment, my eyes watching Mesha and Curby wondering to the bar. Mesha's steps are slightly wobbly but Curby's arm takes her hip as they walk. Seven doesn't bother to look at our friends but nods in agreement.

"It's hard to be around them sometimes. They get super touchy feely. It's weird seeing Curby like that." Seven answers.

"I think it's cute. Don't you think it's nice he's found someone?" I take my eyes off the pair to meet the green already set, concentrated on me.

"It's nice I guess." Seven agrees though I don't think he really cares if his friend is happy with someone or not. He continues to stare at me as if he has something to say but instead stays quiet.

I look around the tavern, trying to seem interested by the surroundings that I've spent over an hour already observing.

"So you and Mesha patched things up?" Seven asks and I bring my gaze back to him.

"Yeah, we did." I don't know how he even knows Mesha and I had a falling out but if I could guess, my money would be on Curby.

My eyes quickly scan Seven's attire, he's changed since my house and is now wearing a plain white t-shirt, jeans and vans. I don't think I've ever seen him wear anything other then his black dress shoes or the rare black converse he's worn before.

He's very attractive in normal street wear. Even with all his gold rings and tattoos on display he reminds me of some of the guys in campus at uni. Who don't seem to put much effort into their appearance but still manage to end up looking like something straight out of a fashion blog. When I let myself return to his face, Seven's green eyes have not left mine and I realise I just blatantly checked him out right in front of him. He doesn't say anything about it, but still I feel the flush burn a little deeper on my cheeks.

"You look pretty." Seven comments. I can tell just by how awkwardly the complement leaves his mouth that he's out of practice in using such a word as, "pretty." It makes me almost prefer his simple, "You look nice," line he would always say. Almost.

"So do you." I reply without thinking which causes Seven's lips to twitch, fighting a smirk.

"I-I mean, I like your shoes." I try play it off.

"Thanks. I hardly wear them." He admits and we both look down at the vans he's wearing. There's an awkward energy between us and I know he can feel it too. It's practically choking up the air.

"I didn't realise you'd be here." Seven speaks.

"I wouldn't of come if I knew." He says and I frown.

"Why? Is me being here a problem for you?" I can't help but feel hurt by his words.

"No, no I'm glad you are here. I was just meaning I wanted to give you some space, well I thought you'd want some space from me to think about all the shit." Seven's warm hand touches over mine on the table in reassurance. Well I guess any normal person would probably want space after the last twenty four hours. But I'm not normal, I never think normally when it comes to Seven.

"I kissed you this morning. We took a bath together. I let you sleep in my bed, why would you think I want space?" My mouth speaks for me. Seven's brow furrows at my words.

"I don't know? I don't really know where we stand anymore. Or how you feel about me." Seven's green eyes are intense as they stare into mine and I have to force myself to think properly before I babble out an answer I might regret while sober.

"I want you around." I say simply just before Curby and Mesha join us back at the table. They place the drinks down and Seven removes his hand from over mine as if he's scared they'd see it.

Curby and Mesha direct most of the conversation over the table, but I catch Seven's green eyes on me every so often. I opt out of anymore alcoholic drinks after my fifth and stick with a simple sprite. Seven joins me in my nonalcoholic beverage selection and also orders a sprite as his second drink. At some stage Curby goads Seven into a game of pool to settle their short lived dispute at the table of who would beat who.

The boys play while Mesha and I watch them from our table. I had never thought the game to be so interesting but watching the way Seven leans over the table in preparation of his shot is captivating. The way his white t-shirt clings to his frame and bunches at his strong shoulders, lifting only slightly to reveal the tanned skin by his hip. He concentrates on the white ball, completely focused and then jabs the cue stick forward, knocking the balls together till the green one sinks into the side socket. I smile at his triumph and he looks up at me to check if I witnessed his point. A smile tugs at his lips when he registers I notice.

After about five minutes of the boys game it's nearing its end with only three balls left on the felt when Mesha announces, "I'm bored." And I look over at her chin resting in her palm. She looks back at me before grinning mischievously.

"I have an idea." She says and slides her chair back, leaving me at the table to watch her swan over to the now quiet jute box to the side. The boys don't seem to notice as she flips through songs before settling on a tune I don't know, though from the reaction of the dancing drunk couple it seems to be a great selection on Mesha's part. The couple being to dance right away and Mesha turns to me with that same cheeky smile. Her hand extends to my direction and she yells, "Come dance with me!"

I return her smile and get up from the table, remembering the last time Mesha and I danced together at a nightclub. It was an action for Seven's attention that night but I don't doubt her wanting to dance is any different. I can tell what she's up to from that smile alone.

I smile and take Mesha's outstretched hand, she pulls me in close to her so our bodies are pressed tight to one another's and begin moving in synchronise to the tune of the jute box.

"They really think they're gonna stick two hot bitches like ourselves at a table to watch them? I don't fucking think so." She smirks wickedly and moves our bodies so we begin grinding on one another. Mesha's arms wrap around my waist so I link mine over her shoulders and we gain a few whistles from the punters at the tavern. The drunk couple dancing next to us cheers for the company on the dance floor.

"Are they looking?" Mesha asks me. I steal a glance to the boys pool table in time to witness Curby nudging Seven and nodding towards us. Seven's eyes meet mine and I look back to Mesha quickly.

"Yip." I answer her.

"Good." She grins.

I'm not sure if it's the alcohol in our blood, or perhaps the reaction of the boys that continue to fuel our little display. I can tell by the way both Seven and Curby's eyes keep clocking the other men in the tavern staring at us that they're jealous of the other males witnessing our little act.

"Do you think they're annoyed?" I ask Mesha. I can't tell if Seven's heated gaze is because he's turned on or pissed off. Either way I'm enjoying his reaction.

"Not yet. But they will be." Mesha says before whispering a suggestion into my ear that will have both Seven and Curby dragging us out the damn place. When she looks at me in question I nod in agreement and lean my face towards her.

Mesha's lips are soft and I can taste the familiar concoction of our drinks on her tongue. With the uproar of cheers throughout the tavern we both smile but continue to kiss. My hand cups her delicate cheek and within seconds I feel another set of arms, much stronger arms, around my waist, pulling me from Mesha.

We should have bet on it.

A laugh tumbles from my lips as Mesha and I laugh at one another now a couple feet apart. Curby holds her to his chest and I know I'm in Seven's arms simply from his intoxicating scent.

"That's enough showing off for now, don't you think?" Seven's voice is low in my ear, causing my back to prickle in a shiver. I can feel the soft tickle of his curls at my temple from his proximity.

"Oh calm down it was just a bit of fun." Mesha insists with a laugh and pushes herself from Curby's arms. I don't move out of Seven's embrace and he makes no effort to drop his hold even though there's no need for my restraint. Boldly I lean back into him, sinking my back further into his chest and he responds by tightening his grip around me, making the tiny butterflies in my stomach flutter.

"Class act there Mesh, givin' all the blokes a semi is fun to you is it?" Curby grumbles but he's in no way angry. I think he's just wound up from the scene we caused.

"Maybe." Mesha shrugs and Curby shakes his head at her, biting a smile.

"I'm over this place." She explains like it's the reason we did what we did and not because we wanted their attention. She grabs Curby's hand and begins to make a line for the exit.

"Come on then little minx." Seven says quietly into my neck and begins walking us to follow after our friends.

——————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 154 12
this is what a friend requested yes a friend definitely isn't an excuse don't ship them in real life this is a very gay story so if you are homopho...
48K 1.5K 24
Marinette has a secret. She's been hiding her eye color since she was little. She was a black. Of couse blacks were feared and if anyone found out yo...
174K 4.3K 67
This is a story where you, (Y/N) or the reader, decides to visit your grandfather's workshop because of your interest in animating. In the story, you...
20.9K 393 18
this is a reader insert :) it uses they them pronouns too so anyone can really read it there is a slight set image and last name for the main charact...