Enchanted by His Beauty; Kami...

By MonoLatte

Was it fate or was it all accidental? Were you born only to be raised in a faraway nation by the Electro Arch... More

Before we begin...
Chapter 1: Thunder Strikes
Chapter 2: A Child's Worst Fear
Chapter 3: The Man and The Moon
Chapter 4: A New Beginning
Chapter 5: Oni and the Pitchfork
Chapter 6: I will Stay by Your Side
Chapter 7: Never the same
Chapter 8: First Night
Chapter 9: Hidden Motives
Chapter 10: Pervy & The Bitter Tea
Chapter 11: Stained
Chapter 12: Dangerously Complicated
Chapter 13: Before The Storm
Chapter 14: Kamisato's Sticky Sugar
Chapter 15: Voice of The Unknown
What We Know So Far
Chapter 16: Interference
Chapter 17: Blessedly Unblessed
Chapter 18: Escaping
Chapter 19: Unforgettable
Chapter 20: Sweet Sticky Substance
Chapter 22: Forbidden Mushroom
Chapter 23: Art of Passion and Secrecy
Chapter 24: The Hidden Truth
Chapter 25: Unrequited
Chapter 26: Fool For You
Chapter 27: Sweet Desires
Chapter 28: For the People
Chapter 29: Inevitable Conflict
Chapter 30: Never-Awakening Nightmare
Chapter 31: My Darling Pawn
Chapter 32: The Storm Has Arrived
Chapter 33: A Glimpse of Hope
Chapter 34: Heavenly Abdication
Chapter 35: Through Rain and Thunder
Chapter 36: Threads of Fate
Chapter 37: Gambit's Ploy
Chapter 38: Guardian Angel With a Death Wish
Chapter 39: Only You; You and I
Chapter 40: Rich Man Poor Man My Man

Chapter 21: Thoma's Bizarre Quest

4.4K 167 419
By MonoLatte

"Should we...do something?" You whispered, feeling guilt crawl behind your back as you watched Thoma sniffle in silence.

Thoma's heart was visibly breaking as he started cleaning down the tacky ledge. He was overthinking his entire life decisions while Ayato and you awkwardly gazed at him.

"He'll get over it, it's just honey right?"

"It's NOT just honey! It's limited extravagant honey that comes from a rare flower that ONLY blooms twice a year." Thoma sobbed as he kept violently wiping.

"I thought honey came from bees..." you mumbled as you made it towards the kitchen sink, washing off the sweet sticky golden liquid from your hands.

"Of course, however that flower is an exception," Thoma kindly informed you,
"Hmm, the last day the plant blooms this year should be soon..."

Thoma stopped what he was doing and walked to a calendar hanging on the wall. His eyes widened as if he had read something astonishing. "Well, seems you two are in luck. The flower blooms tonight!"

Please don't tell me, you're going to force us to extract its honey.

"You can make it up to me by extracting the honey!"

Oh, how lovely...

"It should be a breeze, right y/n?" Ayato sweetly glanced toward you. Those soft eyes you knew a little too well, hid a secret ulterior motive. He wasn't done teasing you for the day.

You nodded brightly, feeling slightly annoyed by his mischievous smile, "So where's the flower located?"

"It's located in a gigantic greenhouse created by my lord's Father. There are all kinds of plants including ones that are banned," Thoma joyfully informed, "The one you two are going to extract is called Moonlight's Bloom."

Moonlight's Bloom sounds so sweet, unlike someone I know.

Thoma quickly drew what the flower looked like and handed it out to Ayato before grabbing a basket with two large jars and giving them to you.

"I didn't know you owned a greenhouse, Ayato." You glanced over him, admiring the mole near his lips.

"I had forgotten about the greenhouse. I haven't been there in years."

Ah yes, the mentality of an ultra-rich perverted man.

I did have the luxury of living off well but dear Celestia, this man is spoiled!

"With all due respect...you two should get going!" Thoma innocently and sweetly began pushing you and Ayato out of the kitchen.

"W-w-wait! When will it—"

Right before you finished your sentence, Thoma interrupted you, "—Bye, have fun and don't die!" and he slid the door closed, locking you and Ayato out of the kitchen.

"Well m'lady, shall we take our leave?"

"We shall..." you boldly laced your hand with his, "I forgot how soft and warm your hand was."

Ayato suddenly shifted his glance away from you, clearing his throat, "Since when were you this bold?"

"Since you began licking honey off my—"

"—Do not finish that sentence..." He looked up at the ceiling, softly leaving out a breath.

"I mean...you were the one who initiated such improper actions." You noticed some of the leftover honey was smudged on Ayato's haori.

Hm, now is my chance to seek revenge. You won't be the only one who'll get a sense of enjoyment through these...childish games.

"Babe...you have some honey stained on your haori." You amusingly watched Ayato's face flush in rosy pink as his eyes widened while he quickly looked away.

"B-babe?"

"Honey...you're blushing, are you okay?" The biggest smug on your face crawled up as you felt a burning tingle make its way to your cheeks.

"You're in the same situation," He avoided your gaze, "you look like an overripe tomato that's been scorched by the blazing sun."

"I- ugh! Go wash your stain!" You abruptly let go of his hand. You could hear some of his chuckles as you stomped outside.

Stupid blueberry pervert! Ugh, I hate him!

As the fiery sun shined its scorching rays onto your skin, it made you impatient. The heat was somewhat unbearable. Fortunately, it wasn't long before Ayato joined you. The adventures of extracting the sweet sticky substance had begun.

Ayato happily showed you the route of the family greenhouse. The vicinity became someplace hidden deep within the woods.

Through the tedious hike, he grabbed your hand, guiding you carefully as you stepped on huge slippery stones, making your way across the stream.

"This reminds me of the time you slipped on the stones in Chinju Forest." Ayato chuckled while he squeezed your hand.

"Oh yes, I vividly remember a strange man playing with onikabutos in the middle of the night." You rolled your eyes while watching Ayato turn around, facing you.

"Strange? I'll have you know I'm—"

"—A charming man that has every woman fall down on their knees, right?" You mocked him, unfazed by his response as you walked closer to him.

He examined your face as his lavender eyes fell upon your lips, "Hm, every woman falling down on their knees for me? How charming..." Ayato slyly smirked, slowly walking closer, closing any personal boundary you had.

His soft hand traced your cheek down to your lips, "I believe the book you're a fan of...has a scene similar to the situation we're in, correct?"

"Are you suggesting that we should recreate that scene?" You lower your gaze feeling strange and confusing sensations erupt throughout your body.

Isn't he taking this too far?

I know he doesn't have any feelings for me and I...I don't have feelings for him either...right?

This is merely just a game for him.

Ayato's lips curved up as he smoothly and delicately lifted your chin causing you to directly look straight into his eyes.

Panic flashed through your eyes as you quickly squeezed them closed while blurting out, "W-wait! I'm not ready!"

"What...?" He was taken aback by your sudden outburst as you slowly reopened your eyes, gradually observing Ayato move away from you while he covered his lips behind his hand. His face grew warm and feverish, and hues of rosy pink tinted his cheeks.

"Did you think we were going to kiss?" Ayato whispered, avoiding your gaze.

"N-no of course not..."

"I wouldn't mind if we did..." He quietly mumbled under his breath, not loud enough for you to hear.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," Ayato gently smiled, pinching your cheek, "I just miss teasing you."

"Stupid blueberry pervert," you murmured, feeling all flustered.

As your small teases ended for a moment, you and Ayato finally made it to the greenhouse, to your surprise you saw muscular oni leaning on the door.

"W-U-S-S-U-P- wussup my bros, it's the one and oni, Itto, here in the flesh."

As Itto moved away from the door, Ayato unlocked the greenhouse. Itto complained how you two were late and wondered if it was cause you guys were getting freaky in the woods.

Itto surely is unrestrained and honest when it comes to speaking his mind. The oni also explained that he came to visit you but Thoma informed him that you and Ayato went to the greenhouse to extract a special flower.

As soon as you entered the enormous building, you were greeted by many tropical plants and flowers. The earthy-sweet smell danced around through the warmth and humidity. The design of the building was incredible, sunlight reflected the glass causing a variety of colors to reflect from one place to another.

In the very front of the hall was a pond filled with lotus and a variety of fishes such as koi and to the sides, giant luxurious L-shaped glass stairs were illuminating, inviting you to climb higher. From your understanding, the entire building had up to five floors filled with hundreds and thousands of different plants.

"It's so beautiful here," you mumbled.

Ayato placed his hand on your shoulder, "Very beautiful indeed..."

The three of you stopped procrastinating, observing the drawing Thoma made to find the flower. You began exploring the entire greenhouse trying to find a particular medium-sized flower with white large petals mixed in with an ombré dark blue. It almost looked like a moon with stars surrounding it.

Around thirty minutes passed and the group decided to explore the upstairs second floor. Itto randomly asked, "So how do you extract honey from a flower?"

One entire silent minute passed...

No answer.

"Do you...I don't know bro, like stimulate and give the plant an orgasm?"

You almost choked on air, forgetting how to breathe, "Oh my god, Itto."

"What?? Do YOU have a better idea? Cuz I asked and neither of you two answered."

Ayato sternly questioned while hints of blush were visible, "How would you give a plant an orga—"

"Look, my bro, I thought you rub the plant's stem or something and maybe it'll squirt honey out???" Itto blabbered while walking backward, unaware that he was walking towards the edge of the open balcony.

"ITTO W-WATCH OUT!" You shirked, as you and Ayato instinctively ran to grab his hand...

"Oh look, I'm flying—AHHHHH!!!!!"

It was too late...

Vocabulary:

Haori: A Japanese Haori is a traditional jacket with lengths ranging from hip to thigh length. It's worn with a kimono.

In Ayato's Character design, it's implied that he wears a three-piece suit with traditional Japanese Haori that has wide long sleeves.

Midnight's Bloom: A flower I came up with. I took inspiration from the flower, Lily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 8.6K 49
"๐€๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐’๐„๐‘๐•๐ˆ๐‚๐„, ๐Œ'๐‹๐€๐ƒ๐˜." ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐˜๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐จ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž. ๐€ ๐ซ...
722K 28.1K 94
โ”โœฆ๐—•๐—˜๐—–๐—ข๐— ๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฅ ๐—ช๐—œ๐—™๐—˜? ๐—›๐—”, ๐—ช๐—›๐—”๐—ง ๐—” ๐—๐—ข๐—ž๐—˜.....๐—œ๐—ง'๐—ฆ ๐—” ๐— ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—ข๐—ก? The story in which, L/n Y/n is an assassin known for...
173K 6.2K 35
For hundreds of years, you continued to observe and reflect on the happenings of Inazuma. May it be good or bad, you had no say for how society progr...
2.7K 99 10
In which Y/n l/n gets isekaied into one of her favorite games : Genshin impact. The only plot twist is that she gets isekaied into the body of a high...