Drarry Drabbles

By SettleDown1D

Various Drarry one shots I come up with that don't fit in with the storylines of my full length Drarry books... More

Welcome!
Requests
Detention
Pale Present
Headstrong
Freezing Friends
Hell Yes
Sleepy Cuddles
Oblivious
Valentine's Day
Youth
Graduation
Pretty
Halloween
One Date
Lonely With Me
Written All Over Your Face
Enchanted (Drarry's Version)
Invisible String
Harry's Birthday Wish
Quidditch Qualms
Quidditch Qualms 2
Halloween Horror Nights
Flowers on the Grave
Guarding Your Heart
Make the Friendship Bracelets
Social Casualty
Social Casualty Part 2

Demanding Diva

3.8K 152 109
By SettleDown1D

{This has potential to become a larger story, for now it's a little drabble idea I had}

Draco never thought his life would end up going in this direction. Really, it all came back to Potter, one way or another.

Potter spoke up for Draco at his trial. Potter kept him and his mother out of Azkaban. Potter vouched for Draco to be able to go into Auror training. Potter partnered with Draco over Weasley to give him a fair shot in the field. Potter chose him as his partner permanently, to keep him safe and allow him to help others, trying to right all of his wrongs.

Potter always seemed to have his back, and Draco had become fiercely protective over the other man. He would do anything for Potter, and Draco depended on him to keep him in line. That's why he was furious that Harry had called out sick for days, leaving Draco alone and worried.

Draco's body seemed to be possessed by an otherworldly force once he had reached his lunch break. That could be the only reason as to why Draco was suddenly in Potter's house, bringing over Potter's favorite soup and tea.

"Malfoy?," Harry asked in confusion from where he was sprawled on the couch, blankets strewn about.

"Potter, I demand that you get better this instant!"

"Has anyone ever told you you're cute when you're demanding?," Harry asked with a sniffle.

Draco flushed and Harry smirked to himself, until he had to sneeze.

"You're delirious Potter. That fever is really getting to you."

"I'm just being honest Malfoy."

"Well stop it!"

"I know that you love compliments."

"Not from you! They make me feel... uncomfortable."

"You have the most breathtaking eyes I have ever seen. When I look into them it's like looking at a collection of all of the stars in the universe. Brilliant."

Draco blushed a deep crimson color and Harry gave him that lopsided grin of his that drove Draco absolutely wild.

"I think you need your head examined."

"Probably. But I'm speaking the truth."

"You have to be well enough to get back to work!"

"Malfoy, it's only been two days."

"Four if you count the weekend!"

"You miss me don't you?"

The lack of teasing in Harry's voice made Draco uncomfortable. Before Draco could become defensive, Harry spoke up again.

"I've fucked up your routine haven't I?"

It was an out if Draco had ever been given one.

"Yes you have as a matter of fact! I can't believe you- wait is that my jumper?"

"Erm... is it? I hadn't noticed."

"Potter it's green and has a snake on it," Draco deadpanned.

"I'm delirious. And a parselmouth. Is that soup?," he asked, sitting up.

"It may be."

"From that little shop I love?"

Draco couldn't help the small smile that appeared on his face at how much Harry had perked up.

"Along with the crisps, extra crispy."

"Have I told you how much I love having you as my partner lately?"

"Not nearly enough for me to be here on my lunch break."

"Keep me company until you have to go back?"

"Obviously."

"I missed you too you know."

"I did not-"

"Oh come off it Malfoy we're practically attached at the hip. You're my better half and you know it. I really do feel quite ill. You know I wouldn't call out unless it felt necessary.

Shit I'm not going to get you sick am I? You should go, I don't want you catching this," Harry replied, sinking further into the couch.

"Has anyone checked up on you?"

"Mione and Ron sent letters of course-"

"Salazar Potter, you need to start being loud and taking up space. I brought you your favorite tea, and I'm going to make sure you're drinking water. I'm sure you're also dehydrated which is prolonging your sickness."

"Thank you Draco. You didn't have to do this for me."

"I am your better half after all."

"How's Narcissa doing?"

"Mother is well thank you. She asked about you. She wants you over for tea soon."

"As soon as I feel better," Harry promised.

"Did you call a mediwitch?"

"Nope."

"Potter, we've talked about this."

"We have, and you know how I hate when they fawn all over me. A simple paper cut would result in them trying to get me shirtless. Poppy was busy so I'm just waiting it out."

"Why didn't you call me?"

"It was your mother's weekend, and they're very important to you."

"You're also very important to me you twat."

Harry just shrugged and looked away.

"I should've listened to my gut and popped over yesterday, but Granger insisted that you'd be fine."

"And I will be-"

"Once I treat you properly. Hold still."

Draco clicked his tongue once he got the diagnosis and continued to fuss over Harry.

"You are dehydrated, I knew it. I'll be back after my shift to check up on you again, and I'll bring dinner. And no, I don't have to, yes I know. I don't care if you think it'll pass soon, you've suffered long enough. I'm helping you so suck it up Potter. I'll leave you water before I leave and I expect it all to be gone when I get back."

"Thanks Malfoy."

"Finish your tea and get some rest. What do you want for dinner? Is there anything else you need while I'm out?"

Harry begrudgingly told Draco what he wanted on the condition that Draco would stay for dinner. Draco was going to stay either way, but it was always nice to be formally invited.

"Have a good rest of your shift. Be safe yeah?"

"Always am. Feel better Potter, I'll be back soon."

Draco snagged Harry's shopping list off the fridge before he left, shaking his head at how stubborn the other man was.

Harry on the other hand felt very warm, and he didn't think it was the fever. It was always nice to have Draco stop by, even more so when he wanted to take care of Harry. Harry didn't think he was worth all of the effort, but he had no energy to fight with Draco.

That's how Draco knew Harry actually didn't feel well. He could count on one hand the number of days of work Harry had missed, two of them being from this week.

When Harry woke up from his nap, he was groggy and disoriented. Rubbing his eyes, he had some water, sighing happily at the coolness of the liquid. He dozed on and off for another hour, drinking more water each time he woke up. Draco very well might waterboard him if the glass wasn't empty by the time he came back.

Imagine Harry's surprise at noticing that the glass was slowly refilling itself each time he drank from it.

"Oh he's clever," Harry muttered to himself, snuggling into the jumper he definitely did not remember was Malfoy's.

It seemed like only a few minutes before Draco came back again.

"You didn't finish your water Potter?," he asked, clicking his tongue.

"Do you know how many hours it took me to figure out what you did?"

"And what did I do, besides be your favorite person?"

"Can't argue with that one."

"You're less combative when you're sick."

"Or maybe I'm more honest."

"Be quiet and drink your water."

Draco cleaned off the living room table, then moved it closer to the couch. He went about setting the table, and Harry watched him fondly.

"Don't you have anything else to look at?"

"I'm looking at the best thing in the room."

"Merlin, you are something else when sick."

"I'll compliment you more when I'm healthy. You turn the most Gryffindor shade of red when you're embarrassed."

"I'll leave you here all alone again," Draco threatened.

"I know that's an empty threat, you like me too much. But I'll stop and drink more water."

"Good. You should listen to me more often."

"You'd be bored if I was complacent all of the time. Arguing is half the fun."

"I'm not being tricked into asking what the last half is. Put something on that magic moving box of yours to entertain us while we eat."

"What do you want to want?"

"Something good."

The mischievous look on Harry's face should have warned Draco.

"Horror Harry really?"

"I'll hold you if you get scared," he teased back. "This isn't actually scary, it makes fun of a lot of horror movie tropes. It's one of my favorite movies. But we can watch something else-"

"Play the movie Potter."

If Draco slowly edged closer to Harry over the course of the movie, who could blame him? Really, it wasn't that scary, but he missed Harry being so close to him all of the time.

He didn't miss how Harry seemed to be intently staring at the male lead of the movie, especially the end when he was licking the corn syrup mixture off his fingers.

"Is that your type then?," Draco asked before he could think his question through.

"No, I'm into blondes," Harry replied absentmindedly, grabbing some more food.

"Since when?"

"Shh, this is one of my favorite parts! Since I was like 13."

"But-"

Draco needed answers and he needed them now. Exasperated, Harry paused the movie.

"You pick the worst time to ask questions."

"You can't just say that out of nowhere! Who do you fancy then?"

Harry started laughing, he couldn't help it. He laughed so hard that he started choking, and Draco had to rub his back as he drank water.

"I'm your partner, you have to tell me!"

"You're cute when you're demanding," Harry repeated, resting his head on Draco's shoulder. "And very blonde," he added when Draco didn't respond. "And I knew you when I was 13."

"Potter what are you on about?"

"Draco I know you're not this dense!"

Huffing, Harry rewound the movie backwards by a few minutes and laid down on the opposite end of the couch, leaving Draco cold, lonely, and confused.

When the pieces finally clicked for Draco, he let out a very quiet "oh." Then an even louder "oh" that had Harry glaring at him.

"Get your pouty arse over here," Draco demanded, grabbing Harry around the waist and pulling him against Draco.

"Don't tell me what to do."

"I thought I was cute when I was demanding?"

"Git."

Huffing once again, Harry slowly relaxed back against Draco, secretly pleased with this turn of events. The hand coming up to tangle through Harry's hair had him releasing a pleasant sigh that made Draco smile, and he placed a kiss on Harry's forehead. Harry beamed up at him, and Draco thought he could get used to this very easily.

When the movie was over, Harry made no inclination that he would get up anytime soon, instead snuggling closer to Draco.

"This is better than snuggling with your jumper."

"We should probably talk about this, you know."

"You talk before I fall back asleep."

"How long?"

"More specific."

"Have you... thought I was attractive? Liked me? Had feelings for me?"

"When you climbed that tree, things were complicated sixth year, actual feelings that weren't just a silly crush? When you refused to identify me it started to intensify, and they grew from there as we spent time together and I got to learn about Draco, not Malfoy."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Oh please I thought that was more obvious than my crush on you. I flirted with you and you flirted back so I thought it was banter. I didn't think you'd ever return my feelings so I didn't share them."

"Why now?"

"You showed that you care. And if it went badly, I still haven't determined how this is going to end, then I'm dehydrated and delirious and don't know what I'm saying."

"Obviously I like you back, are you daft?!"

"I am, yes."

"Potter I spent almost all of my time with you, I didn't see you for four days and I came to visit you on my lunch break. You know how I feel about my lunch breaks and- oh."

Harry had tightly wrapped his arms around Draco, nuzzling into his neck.

"If I wasn't sick I'd kiss you right now."

"I'll take a rain check. Drink some water instead and I'll run the spell again."

Harry did as told, and Draco had to stop looking at him because he kept smiling.

"You're almost back to normal levels. I'll make sure I stop by tomorrow to look after you."

"My hero," Harry teased, sleepily smiling at Draco.

"Yes, well, it's bad practice to revere yourself you know."

"Thank you. Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow."

It was the promise of another tomorrow that had Draco holding Harry well after he fell asleep, amazed at how far they had come in a matter of years. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.4K 1.7K 54
β˜† first story in the sequel β˜† βœ°β˜½β™‘π‘βœ―β˜Ό "We need a name for this," I said. He asked, "Enemies to lovers?" I chuckled. "We aren't lovers, Malfoy." "How...
17.3K 1K 8
A non-magical AU where Harry was adopted by Wolfstar and Draco just wants a friend of his own. The plot is centered around Halloween/horror themes. ...
19.7K 1.5K 16
[COMPLETED] You're a nurse who works as a nanny. You've been in love with Draco Malfoy your whole life, but you never had the courage to tell him wha...