šŒšŽšš’š“š„š‘š’, tmnt

By esclipstial

š’•š’‰š’† š’Žš’š’š’”š’•š’†š’“š’” were never under my bed. because the monsters we're inside my head. i fear no monst... More

šŒšŽšš’š“š„š‘š’.
š€š‚š“ šˆ, hidden in the shadows
š’š’š’† ... new yorks vigilante
š’•š’˜š’ ... worried
š’‡š’š’–š’“ ... every story has a beginning
š’‡š’Šš’—š’† ... breaches
š’”š’Šš’™ ... want to change my mind

š’•š’‰š’“š’†š’† ... april o'neil

203 11 2
By esclipstial

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

chapter iii:
april o'neil

      FAY KEPT A TIGHT GRIP ON RAPH'S SHELL AS SHE WAS PIGGYBACKED, HUDDLING OVER TO THE PLACE WHERE DONNIE HAD TOLD APRIL MEET. Hacking into the woman's laptop, sending a message to her was easy for Donnie which Fay would never understand how he was so smart. Fay had to keep a tight hold on Raph's shell as they continued to jump from building top to building top as she wouldn't be able to keep up with her own speed.

   She shut her eyes a couple times as the heights got higher and higher, but mostly, her eyes would wonder about her surroundings. She took in the beauty that was New York city, the blinding lights of hundreds of places. It was surreal.

   The auburn-haired girl was astonished at the sights. She had never stood on top of a building and actually took in the beautiful environment around her. Times like this made Fay feel special–made her feel alive than what she normally felt during the day.

   They'd arrive where they agreed to meet April O'Neil. Still, Fay was crouched onto Raph's shell, her head placed on his neck as she watched the black-haired woman stand there. She glanced around, presumably looking for the turtles and called out, "hello? You told me to come here. I didn't bring anyone with me. I did exactly–"

   Mikey was the first to jump down, causing April to cut herself off and gasp from surprise at the unexpected, sudden action. The turtle with the orange mask turned the woman around by the shoulders, glancing her up and down, "okay? Are you April O'Neil?"

   Donnie came down next, grabbing out his technology from his wrist and the girl was blinded by a bright light coming from Donnie as he scanned, "initiating retinal scan. Scanning, scanning, scanning,  scanning. Scan complete. It's her. It's her. Guys, it's her!" Donnie called out as April brought her hand up to cover the light from her eyes, backing away into Leo's grasp.

   Leo slung his arm around April's shoulder, "of course it's her, Donnie," Raph gently put Fay down and the girl chuckled at Donnie's enthusiasm, "who else would it be if it wasn't her, Donnie?" April turned her head at the sound of a new voice and met eyes with the teenage girl. April's eyes widened at the sight and a frown contorted but was brought back with Leonardo as he spoke, "hey. Really glad you could make it."

   Leo turned April around so his arm wasn't slung over her shoulder and she stood in front of him, facing the turtle whilst Raph landed behind the woman, "hey. There's someone important we want to introduce you to, but first ..."

   With that, Raph draped a loose bag over April's head as they made their way to the sewers.

April was stood in the middle of the lair with the bag still drifted over her head. As April tried to look through the bag and check her surroundings whilst she heavily panted, Mikey began to speak, "aw, yeah, welcome to my crib, girl."

"Where are we?" The woman asked and Fay kept a stern eye on the woman as Donnie responded, "hey, it's our Fortress of Solitude," Mikey added, "our Hogwarts," Fay snickered at the turtles comment causing him to look back at the file and gave a nod with a beaming, playful grin, "our Xavier academy."

"Our next generation, state-of-the-art WonderDome!" Mikey exasperated but as April sniffed in the stench around, she asked, "ugh. Are we in the sewer?" Mikey hesitated, trying to lie it off before coming straight forward, "no ... yeah. Yeah, it's a sewer."

Splinter stood in front of April with his arms crossed behind his back, "you brought us here, April," Fay frowned at the master's words and watched as the woman took a couple of steps forwards before she called, "Splinter?"

   "How does she know his name?" Donnie said, speaking what was on Fay's mind. She stared as the woman walked towards Splinter and the turtles chattered between themselves, "did you tell her his name?" Leo asked.

   "Maybe she's clairvoyant," One of them spoke and another, "maybe she's a Jedi!"

   "Come closer," Splinter told April to which she hesitantly did, walking towards the mutant, "it's been a  long time. Mmm. You always did have your father's eyes," April briefly shook her head, keeping her eyes plastered on Splinter, "I don't understand."

   Splinter calmly smiled at the woman, sending her nerves, "don't be afraid. All will be made clear," He told her and April whispered, "this is crazy."

   The rat gestures for the woman to have a seat. April sat in front of Splinter, on her knees whilst Splinter copied her actions, facing the black-haired woman. The turtles and Fay surrounded the two, listening to Splinter as he explained, "listen closely, April. I don't remember a time before living in that laboratory," The turtles bent down to their level whilst Fay continued standing, her arms crossed, "that fateful night started like any other. Sacks gave us our injections. Your father made sure our vital signs were strong. And you, as always, provided us with a special treat."

   Fay had heard the story about a dozen times but not like this. Splinter would usually leave out the parts of April and claim her as the Hogo-sha. Since Fay had met them, she loved listening to the story of where they came from and how they started. It gave her a sense of hope that she, too, would grow into an independent and controlled woman with her powers. Using it for good and justice like the turtles did.

   "After the brothers went to sleep, I heard loud voices. There was the smell of smoke. Alarms sounded. Your father had discovered the truth behind the man he was working for. He set fire to the lab," Splinter continued with the story, looking April in the eyes as her's became more sorrowful by the mention of her father, "his last breath was taken trying to destroy Shredder's plan. I was terrified. But then, you appeared. And ushered us to safety. I never had a voice then, but I thank you now, April. Mmm."

   "We wandered the sewers until I found this place. It was then that the mutagen that was injected into our blood began to change us in miraculous ways. I saw how your father loved you and I knew I had to show that same love to the turtles. I became their father and they became my sons. Like all children, they were drawn to the distractions of popular culture. And I knew one day they would want to explore the world above. They would be ridiculed. They would need to learn to protect themselves, both mentally and physically."

   Fay remembered when they were younger how they'd play buck buck or other sort of things. Most of the time the young girl would just watch them. Raph and Mikey—but mostly all of them—would start to fight and bucket like brothers usually would. Sometimes she'd join in. Fay didn't notice back then how much more gentle they were with her until she was older. She still notices how they're actions and voice are much softer towards her. Like big brothers taking care of their little sister.

   "And then I found a way. First, I would teach myself the ancient art of Ninjutsu. The brothers followed my lead, accelerating at a wondrous rate!" Fay was young but she would always remember how Solinter would train the turtles and, soon, Splinter had begun to train her with her abilities, "their gift was also their passion. They lived, breathed and dreamed of all things martial arts. Then, they were ready. Everything they are, and everything that they've become was made possible by the bravery that you displayed on that fateful night."

   April glanced over at the turtles, "I was just a little girl," Splinter's eyes were soft, "and you gave us freedom where others would have kept us in cages."

   Leo cut Splinter off, excusing himself, "wait a minute dad. All these years you told us we were rescued from the fire by a great guardian spirit, the Hogo-sha," The rat pointed, nodding, "that's right," He gestures to April who had a stunned look, "and this is the Hogo-sha."

   Leonardo took the initiative to step forward and bow before his brothers followed along. Fay didn't choose to bow, but instead, when April met eyes with the teenage girl, Fay gave a warm smile and a nod of the head as in a thanks.

   "My girlfriend's totally the Hogo-sha," Michalanego whispered to which Leo hit him on the arm to shut him up. As they lifted from their bow stances, April continued to peer into Fay, "how did you get here?" She asked and Fay gulped.

   The teenager shook her head, "long story," April wanted answers. She was interested in the teenager and her story but chose to respect it as she saw her body tense up. Hell, she even noticed Raph slightly step in front of the girl which was unnoticed by everyone else. April turned to Splinter and asked, "why did you bring me here?"

   "To find out who you told of our existence," He answered to which April shrugged, "nobody that believed me, except for Eric Sacks."

   Splinter gasped, his eyes pouring with dread as he stood, "Sacks. Just as I feared," Fay frowned at Splinter's words and how concerned his tone was, "Sacks is not a friend. His soul has been poisoned by the influence of a dark master. The Shredder. Shredded practically raised Sacks in Japan. He's like a father to him. Sacks will do anything for his master."

   "Wait, wait," Raph pitched in, looking over at Splinter, "Sacks and Shredder? So, why aren't we out there hunting them down?" He asked angrily and Splinter looked up at his son, "because, Raphael. The Shredder  is a skilled warrior whose cruelty is ever-reaching! And you are just teenagers. Even Fay would be in danger. The mutagen in your blood," He looked to Fay, "and your powers is of great value to them. Now that Sacks has confirmation that you are alive, I fear they will bring the fight to us."

   Fay watched with a stern glare as April took out a card and kept her eyes peeled onto it. As if on cue, an alarm began to blare through the lair, "perimeter infringe. Breached! We have incoming!" Donatello warned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 52 15
"I live in the shadows and hide from other people or other mutants like you 4" Years ago, I was in my room. When I heard a loud crash. I didn't know...
144K 2.9K 29
New York City. A place in which it seems every single story takes place. And who are those people in those stories you ask? Heroes. People with extra...
65.6K 1.9K 54
After an accident at Shredder's lair, the turtles become humans! Donatello already turned Master Splinter back to a human. Find out how the turtles l...
2K 76 6
Alright here we go another story I'm probably not gonna update for awhile but hey what can ya do.............don't answer that. Y/n was an orphan boy...